Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My number one goal in life

chapter 4

by sock_monkey 3 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-08 - Updated: 2009-01-09 - 914 words

0Unrated
I knew that my mom wouldn't let me go to the concert. I didn't even have to ask. But I had to go, it would be my first Fall Out Boy concert. I had to jump at any chance I got at being in the same room as my idol; Pete Wentz. Especially now that I'm dying.

So with that in mind we made a plan to sneak out. We got dressed and made bunches under the sheets on my bed so it looked like we were sleeping. I'm wearing a pair of jeans that fit over my cast and looked good on me, they're kind of tight but it looks good (i hope). I have on a black t-shirt that says 'I'm a dork' in bright multi colored letters and my checkered vans.

With what I was wearing it wasn't hard for me to slip out of my first story bedroom window. My crutches on the other hand caused a problem but I managed with a little help from my friends.

We were all extremely ecstatic when we made it out of my room and to the concert hall without being caught. We got there a little late so we didn't have to wait in line.

"Now remember if any of us get separated from the group just call one of our cell phones," Angela said before we went in side.

We walked through the door and the place was packed. Sweaty bodies were all pressed close together. Each fan trying to get as close to their obsessions as possible. I was resigned to the fact that I would be as far away from the stage as you could get without being out the door. Darn you crutches!

We found a semi vacant spot to wait for the bands to come on. Luna of coarse started flirting with a group of guys, who were standing next to us. After a few minutes she came back to our group with a huge smile on her face. I was immediately weary of what she had to say.

"Guys guess what? Those HOT boys over there want to dance with us! They said that they can get us up by the stage!" she cheered.

Molly and Angela both looked really excited.

"They want to dance with us?" Molly asked.

Angela looked around Luna to check the boys out.

"Mhmm." Luna said.

"That's great but what about Emily?" Angela asked looking bummed.

I wanted my friends to have fun, the only thing I really cared about was seeing Fall Out Boy perform.

"It's fine, you guys go have fun with those guys," I said.

"Are you sure? We don't just want to abandon you here," Molly said.

"It's fine, I'll just call you when the concert is over. We will just meet up then," I said.

They still looked worried so I gave them an encouraging push towards the guys. They gave me a grateful smile, then left with the boys.

Soon after the girls left, the concert started. I was having a blast watching the four boys sing, dance, and play their hearts out until a group of kids started jumping around behind me.

I was being hit and pushed by their flailing limbs. Before I knew it I was in the middle of the huge crowd of dancing bodies. People were giving me dirty looks because my crutches were getting in their way. They kept pushing me forward and out of their way, as I was trying to go back to the less crowded area. I was becoming more terrified with every second. I quickly looked up and surprisingly, made eye contact with Pete before I was pushed into the mosh pit.

I was being pushed around from all sides. I was lightheaded and starting to feel claustrophobic so it's a surprise that I even noticed that the fans had managed to lift Pete up and into the crowd. He was being passed around while I was being shoved up against the barricade. I could feel the bruises starting to form as one kid shoved me really hard. I was really starting to get worried about my fragile bones. I was barely aware of my surroundings when the kids by me started screaming and lifting up their hands. This confused me for a while until I saw Pete Wentz coming my way.

Pete, with a lot of difficulty, got the fans to set him down. He shoved his way over to me and the barricade. For the first time I noticed Charlie, Fall Out Boy's security guard, standing right across from me. The only thing separating us was the barricade. I figured that Pete was going to Charlie so when he came up next to me, I was surprised at what he ended up doing.

Instead of having Charlie hoist him over the barricade and out of the crowd, he wrapped his arm around my waist to steady me, and took my crutches. I found myself leaning almost all of my weight on him without those. He handed my crutches over to Charlie, who propped them up against the stage. Then Pete picked me up and handed me to Charlie. Lets just say I was more than surprised. After jumping over the barricade himself Pete told Charlie to help me get backstage where I could watch the rest of the show safely. Charlie handed me my crutches then led me away from the screaming masses.
Sign up to rate and review this story