Categories > Original > Horror

It's Not Perfect Enough

by yuekaitou 0 reviews

When the princess wants something done, the father will do it. He doesn't question anything. He is her loyal servant. But how loyal? That is the question...

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2009-01-09 - Updated: 2009-01-10 - 335 words - Complete

0Unrated
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Oh, how she hated that sound. The same horrible sound, repeated over and over. It ruined her world, it ruined her life.
She wanted her life to be perfect.
So that sound had to go.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
"Dada," she whispered. "Dada, I don't like that sound."
"Don't worry, my princess." That voice. That voice was perfect for her world. Like the night, smooth and dark. "I'll take care of it."
Thump. Thump. Thump
"Dada, why is there that sound?" She followed her father, the dark looming walls of her world not scaring her in the least. Running her fingers over the rounded parts of the walls, she slowed as she reached her favorite part.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
This was her favorite part of the walls, where all the bricks became... skulls. "Pretty skulls," she mumured, caressing them.
"The sound, my princess, comes from this room." Her father touched a door.
She didn't like this door. It was bright, and things in her world had to be dark. "Get rid of it," she commanded. "It's not perfect enough."
"As you wish, my princess."
Thump. Thump. Thump.
Her father entered the room. When her returned, the sound had stopped.
"It's gone, my princess."
But his princess lay on the floor, her eyes full of pain and anger.
"Dada, why did you hurt me?"
"Because you wished it so, my princess."
"I did not ask you to hurt me. I told you to get rid of that sound."
"But I did get rid of it, my princess."
"Then that's good. That sound..." Her breathing was slowing. "It wasn't perfect enough."
"That sound, my princess." The father paused. "It was your heart. Your heart was not perfect enough."
The sound had stopped. Her world was perfect.
But it wasn't her world anymore.
It was her father's.
And that was all he wanted.
But as he looked around the world, he heard a sound.
B-bump. B-bump. B-bump.
"That sound."
B-bump. B-bump. B-bump.
"It's not perfect enough."
Sign up to rate and review this story