Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > High

High

by SirMethos 0 reviews

Song-fic - James Blunt: High

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Dawn, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-03-19 - Updated: 2006-03-19 - 429 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: this is the first real B:tvs fic ive written, but hearing this song it just Had to be written ^^

Disclaimer: I Own Nothing!(except this story as a whole), if i did, i would not be writing fanfiction ^^

Time: 3 years after the destruction of Sunnydale
Place: Lorne's bar

Dawn walked in, she was supposed to come here for information, Angel had told them about Lorne, and that he had some info they might need.

As she walked into the demon kareoke bar, she noticed the applause of a new singer going on-stage, and when she looked up, she couldnt believe what she saw , she saw Xander give the band a message, and a second before he began to sing, their eyes met.

"Beautiful dawn - lights up the shore for me.
There is nothing else in the world,
I'd rather wake up and see (with you).
Beautiful dawn - I'm just chasing time again.
Thought I would die a lonely man, in endless night.
But now I'm high; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me."

Her eyes started to tear up, after being in love with him for so long, to find out that he actually seemed to return her feelings was almost too much, especially after being away from him for the last 4 years, feeling the loss every day, as clearly as the day he left.

"Beautiful dawn - melt with the stars again.
Do you remember the day when my journey began?
Will you remember the end (of time)?
Beautiful dawn - You're just blowing my mind again.
Thought I was born to endless night, until you shine.
High; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me."

As she felt her chest starting to hurt, she exhaled explosively, letting out a breath she didnt know she had been holding, not wanting to miss even a single note of the song, she remembered him having a pleasant singing voice, but nothing like this. He must have had alot of practise in his time away from them.

"Will you be my shoulder when I'm grey and older?
Promise me tomorrow starts with you,
Getting high; running wild among all the stars above.
Sometimes it's hard to believe you remember me"

As the song ended, the applause started, deafening, but she didnt notice, nor did she notice making her way for the stage. As they met in a fierce embrace, she whispered the only thing on her mind "i missed you, dont ever leave me again"
Sign up to rate and review this story