Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Shinra's Best Kept Secret

Shinra's Best Kept Secret

by RenoTurk 0 reviews

Reno's recruitment but with him comes a secret that everyone has to invest in keeping. This did well on another site so I am hoping people enjoy it.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Reno,Rude,Rufus Shinra,Tseng - Warnings: [!!!] [V] [?] [Y] - Published: 2009-01-13 - Updated: 2009-01-13 - 3788 words - Complete

0Unrated
They were barely in their teens but that was the Slums for you. The medieval had turned around and come face to face on that regards. Thirteen down there could be considered a good age especially when they were both kids from the streets, well Yana was definitely and the redhead… broken home.

Reno had really never mentioned much about his past when the two met. She knew he hated his father and that he was a druggy and alcoholic. Reno was pretty much on the same route of self-destruction. He’d arrived at the Honey Bee and was quite happily sleeping with anything and anyone for a few gil to buy beer.

“Reno…” She watched him wander past their dormitory. He looked a mess. “Are you okay?”

“Yana,” the young man flung his arms around her, “got me shot up. Last step babes. I’m a goner.” He laughed and passed out.

Yana sighed, she had so much she wanted to tell him but it all went out of the window. She loved him but they were children. She was coming up for fifteen and he had just turned thirteen. The drug he had taken was a substance made from the dreg ends of Mako and it was dangerous and addictive. Most people who got on to it never got off and now a client had shot the kid up he was probably right, he was as good as dead. She made the decision there and then that they would have to separate.

She packed up that evening and headed to another area within the large complex and hid out with a friend called Missy who knew the truth. It broke Missy’s heart to hear Yana crying the way she did. Reno had not idea of the child she was carrying or the heartache it caused Yana. She had left the love of her life and all because she knew the unborn baby needed to have a clean start. Reno for all the love he could give would not be a stable influence.

Reno gave up on himself, he knew, the people around him new it and he just didn’t care and for two years he kept chasing Yana with no awareness of their child. He sent Yana a message on her phone daily and she listened to him telling her he needed her. She listened to him talk when he was high and then when he’d call and was coming down. Missy took the phone in the end. It was hard enough already living in the slums.

“I got a job.” Reno slurred to the owner, a big fat old guy called Corneo. The teenager stood swaying on his feet, bottle of Mako Blue Vodka in one hand and his pass in the other. “Can you make me surface pass?”

“Sure for a price.” The sick fuck smiled and leered at the teenager who merely shrugged and did as he was told. He hated him but the surface job was gonna pay a couple of hundred gil and he could send Yana half even if he couldn’t see her.

He showered; put on a small vest top with a Slum’s Basketball team logo splattered over it and then got in to baggy black jeans. He had no clue what the job was in reality; he was told it was a corporate party and that he needed to be clean and willing. Two things he noted he had just about managed. He got on the Midgar train and headed up towards the surface for the first time in his life. He tried to call Yana again and Missy told him quite bluntly to back the fuck off and leave them alone. He was sure if he could just tell her where he was… He sighed and closed his phone. Who was he kidding? She was right to leave him and he knew it really.

He spotted the group he’d been told to deal with. Sure he was a drugged up waster, but the money was good for something and since he was taking these jobs, he wasn’t having to go home to the further cesspit of a family he was lumbered with.

“Yo!” He waved as he wandered over, fifteen years old and he was still probably more grown up than the fraternity boys in front of him. “So wot is da deal?”

“Um you mean what do we want you to do?” Asked one very well spoken private school young man. Reno shrugged and nodded. “Okay that jazz bar over there, playing the Wutai music? Go in there, there is a kid with blond hair and blue eyes and he’s the birthday boy. Just do whatever you things do.”

“Things…” Reno sighed and nodded before heading towards the place. The lads didn’t even shake hands or go near him but he was used to that now. Unless someone was paying for a blowjob or a cheap fuck they rarely touched him. He was someone’s idea of a practical joke? He shook his head and got to the doors.

“Come on it’s just a line.” He heard from someone as he opened the door and smiled. His face a perfect lie of happiness. “Yes!” They shouted as the blue eyed teenager armed with champagne in one hand and a tube in the other finished his display of over indulgence. Reno shuddered; things were obviously different up here.

“Yo I’m your stripper for da night.” Reno said lighting up and wandering over. “Well ya john more dan ya stripper.” He commented and hopped up on the table. Several cheers went up. “Someone ‘as a birfday un it’s ma job to treat ‘em mean or nice ‘pending on wot da goons around him finks.”

“What on earth did you just say?” The young man looked at him curiously. Reno looked at him and smirked. “Do you even know who I am?”

“Ma trick.” Reno shrugged. Like he had a fucking clue…

“Rufus Shinra.” He stated coldly looking at the piece of slum scum on the table in front of him though he had to admit the slightly freckled cheeks and wild red hair coupled with the nice soft features were a turn on. “Get down off there.”

“Yo I got paid to treat ya’all like you were special. Ya nuffin fucking special ta me from here.” Reno slid down and his hands pulled gently as the soft cream satin shirt of this ‘Rufus Shinra’ in front of him.

Rufus looked at him, he was undressing him here in the middle of a group of private school friends? He caught the look from one in the corner. So the bastards had set him up? Nice… he shrugged and left the redhead to it for a while half-wishing that he had not got a bunch of people watching, the young man leant up a little and caught the blonde’s lips.

Rufus had to admit the soft tongue in his mouth felt good, damned good and never one to shy from a good night out (possibly helped but the copious amounts of speed he’d snorted) he pinned the redhead against the table and deepened the kiss. Reno liked it, liked the soft taste of sparkling wine, the scent of the man… damn he was sexy and very, very… his hand snaked to the growing bulge from the matching soft cream trouser, yes very well endowed.

“No way.” Rufus pulled away when his already growing erection was brushed against him. “I’m not a sympathy fuck. You can stay but not for that.”

“Hey stuff ya, I gotta see cum or I get no fucking wages.” Reno looked at him a little angrily, more because he was really turned on by the blond.

“Not from me you won’t.” Rufus said softly. “What’s your name?”

“Reno.” He said trying to keep his cool. He needed this guy to blow a wad so he could get the hell out and take a new few hours out with the lovely green drug. “Look man if ya shy jus’ follow me ta the loo or sommit.”

“Certainly not you want me, you find a better way to convince…”

Rufus never got chance to finish his sentence when the angry young redhead punched him in the face. From out of the side doors men in blue suits piled out and the redhead cursed. It was fucking typical of his luck to end up in a fight that he was outnumbered in. Well he wasn’t going down with out a fight!

“Keep off he’s mine.” Rufus growled and punched Reno back. Amazingly the blue suits paid attention to this and stood back. Reno got a winded gut for the moments distraction.

One of the suits Reno could see had a Wutai look about him, correction WAS Wutai and that confused the hell out of him. Just who was this spoilt brat? He had little time to think about it as he ducked another punch and fell back on the floor. Reno’s feet kicked out and spinning up to face the perfectly dressed son of the President of Shinra.

Rufus was getting angrier and more determined and the drugs were keeping his adrenaline high, even though his co-ordination sucked! He kicked out and Reno was caught again but the street kid was used to it and rolled with the punch bringing his leg to a roundhouse kick. Rufus was floored and the blue suits moved in.

“Hey, fuck off.” Reno dived under the table, the students were amazed, the damned thing was just like a human spider. It didn’t last long however when the redhead was caught by the Wutai man with the large katana. “Gomen Nasai!” He shouted and the man let go of his sword hand. “Gomen nasai…” He stopped struggling.

“Take him in and throw him in a cell.” He said and let Reno go. He was promptly picked up by two others and dragged to the backroom. Reno still put up a fight along the way and bruising up the bodyguards and getting a kicking in return he finally passed out from the excesses, fight and mostly exhaustion.

Tseng woke in his place the next morning, the leader of the Turks was tired and needed a break but he also had a prisoner he needed to get to before anyone so he performed morning abolitions and went down the to the cells calling Rude who met him there without a word.

“Is he alive?” He asked one of the two Soldier outside the cell.

“Sir, he hasn’t moved all night, not even to go to the toilet.” One of them said. Tseng nodded and moved in to the cell. He gently put his foot to the redhead’s side and waited for movement.

“Yo,” The redhead mumbled, opened his eyes and came face to face with the Wutai man and some larger guy. The other guy was well built, chiselled, steel jawed and… and more importantly to him rather attractive. Tseng stood aside when Reno did not jump to a fight.

“For Rude’s benefit perhaps you will give us your name? And you might wish to tell us what you remember of the night before.”

“Yo I was ped t'be at dis do an' I was der as told un den I was in a brawl widdis guy who was in a white suit. He picked it yo." Reno said looking at them. This did not look like the usual pens. "First time fer de blue do an I am here?" He looked at Tseng again noting he was Wutai. "Dey call me Reno fer proper."

Neither of them had the faintest clue about half of what the kid was saying but he seemed intelligent enough to be watching their moves and he was eyeing up the little pass tucked tidily away in Rude’s jacket.

“Rude…” He looked up at him as he read the pass, he had to rely on the Wutai transcription as he’d never read anything much and had been taught it only because some of the Slums used it in code. “Are ya?”

“Pardon?” Rude looked at him quizzically though the expression hardly changed.

“Rude, man are you like rude?” Reno smirked. “Cos I might have t’test tha’ out.” He laughed.

“Shut up.” Tseng pulled him forwards and looked him up and down, looked at his eyes, his teeth. Reno pathetically tried to fight free but this guy was so damned stronger and patient with it. “Healthy enough if you get off the drugs. You’ve had Mako in your system. We’ll get the scientists to pull that out of you and get you weaned off.”

“What da fuck?” Reno looked at them. “I need to go down to the…”

“You’re joining us.” Tseng let go of him. “Rude fly him out to the training facility and have him kitted out. We’ll fully test him there and get him trained up with anything that’s missing.”

“Yes Sir.” Rude nodded and grabbed the redhead by the arm. Training Turks bored him, half of them didn’t make it, half of them wanted to go to Soldier instead. “Come on.”

“What if I dun wanna go?” Reno said pulling against the big guy and trying to escape but he was hung over and half-beaten. “Plus get off ma freakin’ arm ya bastard cos that’s hurtin!”

“Speak plainly.” Rude told him. “And I might.”

Reno mumbled something in Wutai under his breath and Tseng caught it. The Turk waited until Rude was out of sight before smirking. The redhead was rude and crude but he could be fooled in to a couple of things others might not and that made him invaluable. He heard the arguments continue down the hall but he didn’t bother to intervene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rude dragged the strange redhead out to the main forecourt and Reno stopped struggling and started to look around in amazement. High up in the sky over the entire city the green light of Mako passed over them and there in front of them both were...

“Fuck me.” Reno drawled looking at the machine in front of them. The helicopter looked awesome thought quite how it went along in the sky was beyond him.

“We’re going.” Rude told him and bundled him to the passenger seat. “You have two choices, buckle up and keep your hands to yourself or I knock you out.”

“Buckling.” Reno muttered one eye on the big guy and the other on the attractive looking machinery. “What is it?”

“A helicopter.” Rude thought he had to be pretty fucking stupid, did he not know what a helicopter was?

“Ya hardly gonna get em in a place wiv a ceiling.” Reno pointed out to him. “So these are like the things in the games in da arcades?”

“Something like that.” Rude said starting the thing up and pulling off. Reno’s question about how they moved was soon answered as the thing lifted off the ground. The new arrival looked panicked and Rude saw them as a commodity not a luxury in his line of business.

“Holy freakin’ Shiva!” Reno blurted as the thing moved over the city and out towards the mountains. Rude passed him a bag without even looking but Reno forgot his hangover, the pain, the… everything. “I want one.”

“Pardon?” Rude took his eye off the sky for a moment.

“If I join ya do I get one?” He looked at the guy with the shades on. Rude shook his head with a yes. “I’m yours. ShinRa’s bitch, your bitch, fuck man these things… you can see the whole freakin’ world!” Rude kept silent and the redhead watching him with everything he did. When they landed he was still gibbering on. “So how long before I get one?” He asked following him, all struggles forgotten. “I mean like can I make dis fing the first fing I learn?”

“Thing.” Rude told him and opened the doors to the base. “It’s thing.” He pushed him in to a large canteen area where a few people looked up. “And you get one if you survive.”

“Ya leaving me?” Reno looked at him. “Man don’t okay… I…”

“This is camp Reno.” He pointed to the group of people staring at the new arrival. He handed him a card. “There’s your card. Swipe it for the information and off you go.”

“I can’t read only bits in Wutai.” Reno admitted. A few people sniggered behind him. “Fuck ya.” He snapped and took the card. “Next person that laughs at me gets my boot in their face.” He headed off to try and find a terminal that would let him use the card. So Rude was gonna just dump him and leave him, story of his life.

Reno found the terminal, asked a lady to help who kept a fair distance from the scruff in front of her and then found his room. He was sharing a room of ten beds. Nine other people that could stare and point at him, he sighed. Reno was outgoing but this was scaring the hell out of him. Then again he was out of the slums and if that was how it had to be then let it be. Yana had abandoned him, his father was a waste and the last time he spoke to his mother it was more at her than with her anyway.

The kit was already on his bed, a laptop for studying and his clothes, Reno looked at the clothes, simple training clothes and then to the Electric Power Company logo that adorned pretty much everything. What did an Electric Power Company need the bully boys for? He headed and changed and checked out the last of his injuries before wandering out quite naked in to the main room where recruits were coming in from the day.

“Fuck.” Someone bumped in to him and jumped back. “Get dressed.”

“Gomen.” Reno shrugged and pulled on some clothes before looking at them. “I’m Reno.”

“Nice to meet you.” The guy nodded. “I’m from Midgar, you too?”

“Slums sector 7.” Reno told him and jumped on top of his bed.

“Slums!” The group looked at him. The people here generally got picked because they put themselves forward, not… slums. “How in the hell did you get up here?”

“Beat some blonde called Rufus up.” Reno looked at him. “I think I am in some kind of prison right? What didya do?”

“Prison? We’re here to train for ShinRa.” He looked at the redhead. “Holy, I touched it.” He ran to wash himself. Reno thought the comment a bit off.

“It?” Reno looked at the others who just turned around and carried on with their own things. Reno took the hint, he had come from the scum of the earth and it seemed everyone knew it already. “Shit.” He finally managed and then looked at the machine as it whirred in to life. Reno had no idea what the hell it did but it looked fun. He took a disc and put it in, the language tutorial started and Reno found it had voice so that helped.

“Turn that shit off we need sleep.” Someone said and Reno looked at him.

“Say that again I break your fucking legs.” He told him and turned the volume up again. The guy came over and attempted to remove the laptop from the redhead, who was already on his feet, a well timed punch to the stomach and an elbow later Reno was back on the bed. Someone else laughed and handed him some headphones instead. “Cheers.” Reno nodded.

He was still listening to the thing and learning how to read the basics the next day. It had somehow taken his mind away from the drugs but his body was in need. He was shaking and shivering as he sat there. The guy from the night before took one look at him and fuming with anger stormed to get changed. Reno sighed, he didn’t ask to be here but now he was, just like anything else, he was going to do his best.

Finally he made his way to the canteen, looking down at the tracksuit thing he was wearing and deciding it wasn’t meant to be flattering he gave up pulling it around. He looked at the food and his mouth fell open. All that? They got that? Hells this place was just getting better and better. He piled up a ton of it and for the first time in years didn’t have to worry about how to pay for it… he suddenly realised that he hadn’t even thought about money.

“Hey!” The guy behind him shoved him forwards and the redhead found a corner to settle in.

“You okay?” A young woman asked. She watched him with curiosity as he tried to work out the knife and fork, then the carton. “Need a hand?”

“What so some other freak can look at me and tell me I am dumb cos I have grown up different. No thanks.” He muttered.

“No so you can eat.” She undid the carton and popped the plastics out for him. “You might want to not cram that either.” She smiled.

“Who are you?” He asked looking at her relaxing a bit. “My names Reno.”

“Call me Cessnai most people do. I’m a Turk.” She nodded and Reno looked at her with a renewed smile. “You look like you need a hand.”

“What’s a Turk anyway?” He said as he relaxed. “I mean some dude called Tseng and his batty boy just invited me to join. Freakin’ idiots.”

“Well,” she hid her amusement at his analogy, “Tseng and Rude are Turks too and we all work for Verdot. We’re officially called The General Affairs Department though.”

“Sounds kinda shady.” Reno pointed out and ripped in to the bacon.

“Well,” she winked, “we are I guess. We do all the stuff no-one else wants to do.”

“So you’re the shit on ShinRa’s shoe?”

“No not at all.” She tugged the redhead’s ponytail. “We’re the ones that get the information and the President of ShinRa likes to be in the know.”

“Well Cessnai, thanks.” He nodded. “I’m going from being a bitch to an owned one.” He swallowed the bacon. “Still it feeds better.”
Sign up to rate and review this story