Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The After Life Of The Party

Champagne For My Real Friends, Real Pain For My Sham Friends

by SinsNotTragedies95 3 reviews

Paige, don't worry. You shall be inserted in the next chapter. I know exactly what I'm gonna do wif you. You'd be in this chapter, but I like cliffhanger endings. :P

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-01-16 - Updated: 2009-01-16 - 866 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

Patrick’s POV

I bit my lip a little as Pete pulled me into Ryan’s room. Something didn’t feel right. It’s not like I didn’t trust Ryan, but after what Brendon had pulled, “pretending” to be evil, the only one I really trusted was Pete.

“Who the fucking hell is in my room?!”

I heard Ryan yell from the other room. His voice was deeper, and it seemed like a low growl accompanied every word he spoke. He stomped in but stopped when he saw us. His expression softened and his voice went back to its normal tone.

“Oh, hey, guys. I didn’t know you were here. That’s unfortunate.”

I remained silent, letting Pete do the talking. I still felt uneasy.

“That’s what we came to talk to you about. Brendon said that you would help us get out.”
“Yeah, of course.”

A smile spread across Ryan’s face, and there was something about it that made a shiver run down my spine.

“Just lemme put my shoes on, then we can get going.”

Ryan sat on his bed and hastily pulled on a pair of converse. He stood up and walked over to us. “Do you have anything sharp on you? Or anything metal?”

“Um.” Pete reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. “I’ve got my house key.”
Ryan took the key from him and put it in his own pocket. “What about you?”
The question was directed at me, so I dug into my pockets. I felt my Swiss army knife brush against my fingertips, but I left it there. I didn’t part with my knife under any circumstances. I had worked on the blade for a better part of a year, infusing it with chemicals deadly to vampires. One has to be prepared, you know.
“Nope.”
“Good. If we have metal or any sort of weapon they won’t let us through the gates. Kind of like an airport.” Ryan walked past us and opened the door. “C’mon.”

We walked out after him. He shut the door behind us before grabbing us both by the arm.

“Sorry.” He said. “I have to make it look like I’m not helping you.”
“We understand. It’s fine.” Pete murmured.

Ryan walked down the hall, still holding us by the arm. His grip sort of hurt, but I wasn’t about to complain. After all, he was helping us escape. He walked with us down multiple hallways, dragging us along rougher whenever someone appeared.

Appearances, he had said.

Finally he stopped in front of a white door marked ‘Recruiting Room’.
“Hurry and get inside before someone sees.” He opened the door and motioned for us to go inside.
I frowned. “Recruiting Room? I don’t like the sound of that.”
Ryan rolled his eyes. “It’s not actually the recruiting room. I just stenciled that on the door, cause that room is one that noone ever uses.”

With that he pushed us through the door, slamming it behind us. I heard the lock click and I became more confused.

We were in a plain white room, and I could see tiny holes covering the walls. A strong white light was on the ceiling, making the pure white hurt my eyes. There was a chair in the corner, much like a dentist’s chair, but this one had straps on it, almost like a straight jacket. Next to it was a small cabinet, but I didn’t know (and more importantly, didn’t WANT to know) what was in it. I scanned the wall, looking for another door, or some sort of exit. There was none.

“Wh-what’s going on?” I asked Pete, shaking a little.
“I’m not sure.” He took my hand in his and squeezed it a little. I could hear the fear in his voice, and that scared me more than the actual room did.

All of a sudden I heard I soft hissing noise. I squeezed Pete’s hand harder with a whimper. An odd smell greeted me. It was metallic, but also sort of floral, in a way. I looked around and realized that a soft pink gas was being pumped into the room through the holes. Shit. I turned to Pete and was about to tell him that we needed to get the hell out, but his eyes were closed, and he was swaying a little.

“Pete?” I was worried. I put my hands on his shoulders to steady him.
“P-pat, you need to get out, before they get you.” He obviously already knew what was happening. He coughed a little before falling to his knees. With a small moan he fell onto the floor, unconscious.
Oh, god, what do I do?!
I suddenly felt dizzy, like I had taken too many sleeping pills. I started to cough as the pink gas forced itself down my throat. I crumpled to my knees, and within seconds I was unconscious next to Pete.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rawr! The next chapter should be up within the next hour or two. But that doesn't mean you shouldnt rate/review this one! :P
Sign up to rate and review this story