Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > If The Clouds Were Singing A Song.

It's No Fun On The Sidelines.

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 4 reviews

Let's meet Jon and Madeline.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-01-17 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 1843 words

4Funny
Chapter Three: It's No Fun On The Sidelines.

"So far, so good, let it roll, let it ride, ride. So far, so good, let us fall, let us fight, fight. It’s no fun on the sidelines."---The Academy Is....

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is where he'll stay. Between the belated blitz and reluctant rush of entering a new reality. There were so many new things these days. A new future to fear, a new suffocation of school, and a new Ryan Ross to reform. Three days already; and he wanted nothing more than to just return to his Chicago. He missed the crisp shivers of the frosty atmosphere he had grown comfortably accustomed to. Each wonderful wind chill of his hometown was a memory he craved to relive. But it was so damn hot in Vegas. Each heat wave sweltered a tan unto his commonly pale flesh. He didn't like tans. He didn't like the new. He didn't like this school. He didn't like anything.

Except one thing. The only thing that was plastered into his mind since the first day he moved here was Violet, with her pretty blue eyes and thick black hair. And her friendly-oddness. But, that was their first and last encounter, Ryan assumed. He hasn't seen or heard of this girl since that day. She seemed nice. A little bit wacky, but still very nice. It somewhat disappointed Ryan to know that they will never cross paths again. Alas, he just decided to suck it up and move on with his life. His new life. Ryan sighed.

Mr. Watson spoke in a monotone about equations as Ryan squirmed around in his seat. This class was full of his disinterest with each number thrown onto the chalk board and the teacher's explanation as to why. He allowed his eyes to wander the room to find anything among his fellow students that could hold his attention until the class came to a relieving end. Unfortunately, nothing attracted his vision but two giggling girls passing notes and a tall guy lip syncing flirtations to a rather short girl with black hair. She had a slight resemblance of that Violet girl he had tripped over the other day. But, she was busy concentrating on the Mr. Watson's oh-so fabulous lesson and taking notes. She tried hard to ignore him, obviously bothered by his goofy signals of love. But whenever she frustratingly whispered him to stop, he just laughed and shrugged nonchalantly, as if it wasn't even remotely bothering the short girl. He had a very chill atmosphere surrounding him, as though he was an easy friend to have or talk to. He found the whole scene completely amusing, until Mr. Watson ruined it.

"Mr. Ross, do you know the answer to the question?"

Suddenly, the entire class turned to face Ryan, as hot blood formed a blush to his cheeks in embarrassment. He hated teachers like this. The ones who knew you weren't paying attention, yet directly called you for an answer.

"Uh.... No." Ryan replied sheepishly as he sunk down in his seat, hoping the class would turn back around.

"Then I suggest you pay attention next time."

"Sorry." Ryan croaked, still sinking in his seat as the short girl gave him a disgusted look and turned around.

Suddenly, the bell shrieked over the monotone voice of Mr. Watson, as students hastily snatched their bags to rush from the tedious talk of math. Ryan felt the class suffocating, so he hurried past the herds of teenagers with gossip sourly consuming their tongues. That was his last class of the day and he was relieved that his day was finally over. He darted to his locker, which had issues with letting Ryan open it. Yesterday, it had taken him about fifteen minutes to open the damn thing, causing him to be tardy for his third hour. Luckily, his teacher understood in the consideration of Ryan being a new student, but if it happened again, Ryan would be seeing himself in detention. He pulled and pounded and cussed and did everything he could to get his locker to open, but it was just so stubborn.

"OPEN, GOD DAMNIT!" Ryan shouted at it, still pulling.

"You gotta bang on the left side twice to get that one open." A deep voice said, startling Ryan.

Ryan just blinked up at him. He has brown hair, with bangs that covered his forehead, but not enough to cover his eyes. He was also known as the tall guy in his previous class, who was silently flirting with the short girl. His brown eyes were soft and he was smiling. He wondered why he'd be flirting with someone who seemed so uptight as that girl. He just seemed so easy-going.

"W-what?" Ryan stuttered as the guy just laughed and hit his locker on the left side twice, but to Ryan's amazement, it opened.

"You see? It works."

"Thanks, uh....?"

"The name's Jon. Yours is Ryan, right?" he asked as Ryan just merely nodded.

"JONATHAN JACOB WALKER!" an angered voice with a slight squeak yelled as it appeared from the rush of students and in front of Jon. It was the girl that he was flirting with.

"Yes, dear?" he said sweetly, ignoring her fury with a smile, as if he didn't do anything wrong.

"What is wrong with you? If I tell you to stop, then stop it! I actually want a good grade in that class, and I don't need any distractions! And neither do you, Mr. D minus!" she yelled at him, as he just smiled, slightly amused by her temper.

"Madeline, snookums---"

"Stop calling me that! You know that annoys me."

"And that's why I do it." He laughed.

"Why are you so obnoxious?"

"Because I love you."

Meanwhile, Ryan just stood there, trying to ignore them as he got his books. It was sort of awkward standing there, in the midst of a bickering, yet lovey-dovey moment between a couple. He just closed his locker, making a mental note of Jon's advice for tomorrow, and headed for the bus. Jon seemed cool, Ryan thought. And Madeline seemed... temperamental. Jon was nice, though, with helping him figure out how to open the Locker From Hell. He could easily seem himself becoming friends with someone like Jon. He seemed fun and not hard to handle. He took his mother's words into consideration, about the fresh start. His spent his memories alone and the more he thought about it, the more he didn't really like it as much as he thought. Maybe he wanted someone to laugh or hang with, and not just spend his life inside his head. He already spent most of his adolescence there and frankly, he needed to get out more. But in all honesty, he was terrified of Madeline.

Suddenly, he collided with another person as they both fell to the floor.

"Owe!" she screamed as Ryan quickly stood back up after collecting his books and composure.

"I am so, so, so, so, sorry!" He apologized, confirming himself out to be a klutz.

"Hey, I remember you! You were that guy who tripped over me in the field!" the girl exclaimed, standing up. This girl had been Violet.

"Uh." Ryan replied, uncertain of what to say.

"Man, isn't it ironic that every time we meet, you are usually falling and some part of my body is in pain?"

"I'm really sorry."

"It's no big deal, really. You're Ryan, right?" she asked, as he looked at her in astonishment for remembering his name. Ryan just always thought that he wasn't significant enough to be remembered. But he supposed after being fallen upon in a random field, he would be quite memorable.

"Uh, yes. You're Violet?" He asked, although he definitely knew.

"I sure am!"

Ryan had never met anyone so happy before. This Violet character just seemed naturally bubbly all the time. Watching her lips curl up to display her perfectly pearly teeth made Ryan even smile. He liked Violet. Just seeing her be all bouncy made him slightly cheerful. Because if there was a reason to just be happy, then why couldn't he? Ryan was about to start up a conversation until an impatient, yet familiar voice interrupted.

"Violet! Will you please stop socializing and come home?" Madeline said, appearing from the few stray students that were still retrieving books from their locker, with Jon's hand tugging behind her.

"Ugh, I'll just catch a bus." Violet replied, evidentially annoyed.

"The buses already left." Jon said, as Violet cursed under her breath.

"Hah, now let's go." Madeline hurried, as Violet pouted but still began to leave with the two of them.

"Wait--- The buses already left?!" Ryan worried. How was he getting home?

"Yeah, so?" Madeline snapped, turning around and glaring at Ryan.

"Oh no!" Ryan cried out as the three of them turned around.

"What's wrong, Ryan?" Violet asked, genuinely worried.

"I missed my bus! I don't have a ride home!" Ryan said.

"That's too bad." Madeline said, although there was no trace of sympathy in her voice at all. She turned around and began walking, but Jon had pulled her back, for his hand was still connected to hers.

"You can get a ride home with us!" Violet chirped, nodding to Jon, who merely shrugged.

"Sure. It's fine with me." Jon agreed.

"Excuse me, I don't think so." Madeline dejected, letting go of Jon's hand and folding her arms across her chest.

"Oh come one, Madz. You can't just leave the poor boy stranded here! Besides, it's Jon's car, anyway. And what the driver says, goes. I'm sure you'll have enough time to do your precious homework when we get home. We are just dropping one person off." Violet reasoned as Madeline just huffed, looking displeased by the whole situation. Ryan didn't understand why Madeline didn't like him so much, he didn't even know her!

"Yeah, chill out, Madeline. I'll drop you and your sister off first, okay? It's no big deal." Jon reassured, but Madeline's expression didn't change. Ryan's eyes had widened, though. He knew there was some sort of a resemblance between Violet and Madeline!

"Alright! Let's roll!" Violet said, skipping towards the exit as the rest of them followed behind her. Jon and Madeline rejoined hands, as he began whispering things in her ear to cause a smile to form on her lips. Ryan was just silently and awkwardly trailing behind them, uncertain on what to expect on this particular ride home.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

First of all, my sincerest apologies to my readers and reviewers. I appreciate your patience with this third chapter. I've been rather busy with things. I had a pretty horrible week PLUS the stress of mid-terms and a lot of school volunteering. And I had to re-write this chapter about three times because what I had originally written was unsatisfactory and I wanted to give you guys the best. So, hopefully the wait was well-worth it. Enjoy!

Comment/Compliment/Critique.
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story