Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The After Life Of The Party

The Pros And Cons Of Breathing

by SinsNotTragedies95 3 reviews

Gasp. :O

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-01-17 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 857 words

1Exciting
Pete’s POV

“PATRICK!” I dropped down next to him and pulled him into my lap. His breathing was subtle and shallow, other than that he didn’t move at all. I growled and stood up, glaring at Beckett, who was standing not far from us, holding a rather bloodstained knife. I took a step towards him but he held the knife out towards me.

“Take another step and you’re dead.”

I reluctantly stopped, glaring at him horribly. He only smirked and watched in amusement as my anger grew. He walked over to the cabinet and looked through it for a moment before pulling out a vial filled with a rather dark blue liquid.

“This,” he said, “will save his life. Want it?”
Not knowing what he was playing at, I nodded. “Yes.”
“You can have it.” He held it out towards me.
I frowned a little, and hesitantly reached out to take it.

As I was about to grab it he withdrew it. I sighed, already expecting that.
“There is a price, of course.” He had a smirk firmly planted on his face, and that alone made me want to kill him.
“What is it.” My voice was rather monotone. I already knew I was not going to like it.
“The price, is you,”
“Deal.”
“I wasn’t finished. The price is you, and your other two friends. Andy and Joe, I believe they are called?”
I paled a little. Of course I wanted to save Patrick, but it wouldn’t be fair to ask my other friends to sacrifice themselves for it.
“N-no. Anything but that.”
“That’s the price. Take it or leave it.” He was still smirking.
“Anything else. You can have anything else, just don’t hurt them.”
He paused for a moment, and his smirk seemed to grow wider. “I might be persuaded, by one other thing.”
“Anything.”

He leaned a little closer, speaking softly.
“Patrick is a scientist of sorts, is he not?”
“Yes.” I wasn’t sure where this was headed.
“And he has been working on something, a serum, for years now, correct?”
“Yes.” Oh god.
“And this serum, what does it do?” His tone of voice told me he already knew, he just wanted me to say it.
“… If you take it you have to do whatever you’re told. It wipes your memory and you respond to whatever command you are given.”
“Correct. I happen to know that Patrick has recently finished this serum.”
I nodded silently.
“Bring it to me.”
Oh no, this is what I was scared of. This serum was supposed to be our secret weapon, it was the thing that would cause the downfall of Beckett and his army. I couldn’t give it to him. But I also couldn’t let Patrick die. I hesitated a moment before speaking again.
“Okay.”
“Good. Paige, bring me a syringe.”

Paige had been standing behind Beckett the whole time, listening to our exchange. She nodded and went to the cabinet, digging out a rather large syringe. She handed it over to Beckett, who smiled.
“Thank you.”
“No problem.”

I didn’t think I’d ever seen Beckett be so nice to someone. He must really like this girl. Beckett filled the syringe to the top with the blue liquid.

“Step away from him please.”
“N-no.”
“He’s already dead, Peter. The switch from dead to alive will be hard on his body, there’s no telling what kind of movements he may make. For your own safety, I’m telling you to step away from him.”
I sighed and did as he asked.

Beckett knelt down next to Patrick and tilted his head up. I felt uneasy, I didn’t like Beckett touching him. Beckett tapped the syringe before sticking it into his neck. He injected the blue fluid into one of his veins before standing up.

“It should work quickly.” There was something in his voice that I couldn’t place, but he looked rather smug about it.

No sooner had he said that then Patrick’s body started to shake a little. I saw him take in a breath and I breathed a sigh of relief. His back arched suddenly and a low moan exited his mouth. The shaking worsened and his hands clenched by his sides. His back arched again and his head was thrown back. I bit my lip, a little worried. Beckett and Paige looked bored, not paying much attention.

After a little while Patrick stopped shaking. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around uncertainly.

“Patrick?” I said worriedly. I knelt down beside him and took his hand tightly in mine.
His eyes met mine, and a look of confusion overcame his face. “Who are you?”

My face fell and all color drained from my skin. I suddenly knew what Beckett had been so smug about.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm aware that this one's kinda short too, but shut up and just be glad that I even wrote it. I have a helluva headache and staring at the computer screen is not helping.

reviews, and ratings, are appreciated. thankies.
Sign up to rate and review this story