Categories > Books > Harry Potter

The Fragments Corruption(Rewrite)

by LordofDigitalAlchemy 0 reviews

Seven years after Voldemorts downfall, the fragment of soul lodged within young Harry Potter awoke. But was it really just a fragment?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Harry,Voldemort - Warnings: [!] [!!] [?] - Published: 2009-01-18 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 596 words

1Ambiance
Prologue: Seven Days to Live.

On the first dawn, the boy known as Harry Potter awoke with a shiver. The usual shiver from the cold he was ill-prepared for at this time of winter would have been appriciated compared to the spine tingling, shoulder numbing shake that rolled down to the end of his finger tips and toes.

It took several minutes for this numbness to pass, and when it did, Harry was hardly able to recall it in the first place, nor the shiver that it had originated from.

He performed his usual chores, struggling to create breakfest, being sent forth to weed the garden, wash the car, and so on and so forth. At the end of the day when he had retired to his cupboard under the stairs, Harry drifted off to sleep faster than the boy could remember doing so in a long time, the aches and pains of the day barely effecting him.

On the second dawn, Harry Potter awoke to another, stronger shiver, and this time the numbness did not simply fade, spreading outward to his entire hands and feet. For seventeen minutes it persisted, making his chores all the more difficult. His slowness and errors made early on that day kept him from his bed an hour later then usual, but once more, the pain of the day was ignored as he slept within moments.

On the third dawn, Harry Potter awoke covered in sweat, shivering several times and feeling the numbness spread outward still to his mid-arm and knee. It lasted a little over an hour. Despite his complaints, his chores were forced upon him, his woes ignored more so than usual, even by his cousin, who would taunt him for the enjoyment of it. He fell asleep simply entering the cupboard under the stairs that night.

On the fourth dawn, Harry Potters skin was an unnatural pale, sweat drenched his clothing entirely and ran off his face and body, his pitiful bedding damp with perhaps hours of it, and the usual numbness now reached his shoulders and thighs. For several hours it persisted. He could hardly work, and try as he might, he failed to perform his chores properly that day and night. For three hours more he was kept awake scrubbing out the bathroom, and once more, he fell asleep in the doorway of his cupboard under the stairs.

On the fifth dawn, Harry Potter awoke much as he had before, but now the numbness had spread to his belly, and partway over his chest. It did not fade. His bones began to ache, and yet still he attempted to do his chores as ordered. And still he failed them, and still his manual labor doing tasks he had done for years without fail was slow and torturous. He fell asleep once more in the doorway to his cupboard under the stairs.

On the sixth dawn, Harry Potters whole body was numb. His skin looked bloodless with its caulk white appearance. His bones ached badly whenever he simply breathed. This dawn he did not awaken in sweat. This dawn he was not sent out to perform his chores. This dawn he spent his entire day and night within the cupboard under the stairs, shivering.

On the seventh dawn, Harry Potter did not awake, though his eyes did open. He was not numb, though his body was still so pale. His bones did not ache, and he was not covered in sweat. On the seventh dawn, the Boy-Who-Lived did not live any more. Lord Voldemort had awoken.
Sign up to rate and review this story