Categories > Original > Drama

Mr.Linden's Library

by Auntie-Shin 0 reviews

ok, so i wrote this for school and ill tell you what score i get later!

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-01-23 - Updated: 2009-01-24 - 2610 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Ashley, where are you going?” Ashley’s mom called from the next room.
“To the library,” she replied, shutting the front door behind her.
She walked down the street and saw a guy waiting at the corner.
“Xoren!” Ashley exclaimed, running towards him. “I haven’t seen you in months! How was Italy?”
“Lonely without you,” he replied as he picked her up and twirled her around. “I got you something!”
“Oh, gosh, love, I told you not to get me anything.”
“I know, but I saw this and I thought it would look great on you,” he said handing her a small box.
She smiled and opened the box. She gasped. “Xoren! It’s beautiful!”
When she opened the box, she found a ruby necklace in the shape of a star inside.
Xoren took the necklace out of the box and stood behind Ashley, and slipped the necklace around her neck.
“Xoren! I love it!” Ashley exclaimed.
“I love you, Ashley,” Xoren said passionately.
“I love you too, she replied.
“So, where were you headed?”
“Oh, um, Mr. Linden’s library,” Ashley replied.
“Oh, well, why don’t I go with?” he said laughing.
So, while they walked, Xoren told Ashley all about his trip to Italy. In mere minutes, well, so it seemed, they arrived at the library.
"What book are you getting?" Xoren asked as he followed Ashley up and down each aisle.
"Ummm I don’t remember what it’s called...but it’s in this room..," She said as she led Xoren into a room filled with books covered in dust. "Here it is!"
"You’re not supposed to be in here," Said a loud voice from the doorway.
“Ashley slipped the book into her bag as quickly and unnoticeable as she could.”Oh, Sorry, we were just leaving," She stuttered.
"That book you had your hand on, if you ever find it in any other place, don’t read it, or else everything you ever loved will end," Mr. Linden warned.
"Um, ok?" Ashley replied as she pulled Xoren through the front door.
"That was weird," Xoren commented as they began walking towards Ashley's house. "What book is it anyway?"
"Would the Stars Continue to Show? By L.C. Smith. It’s a vampire love story," Ashley replied.
Xoren chuckled, "Of course."
After talking for a while longer, they realized that they were in front of Ashley's house.
"OH, wow, that was fast," Xoren said, "I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." He kissed the top of her hand and smiled up at her.
She giggled. "Okay, bye!" She walked up the porch stairs, opened the front door, and quietly slipped inside.
"Ash, is that you?" Her mom called.
"Yeah, I’m going to go read, so I might not be down for a while," Ashley replied. She opened the door to her room and found that inside, it was black as pitch. All of a sudden she felt a sharp pain in her foot; she screamed, then turned the light on.
"Todd!" She exclaimed, picking up the orange and white colored kitten that was now huddled in a corner near Ashley's dresser, and cuddled him.
She sat Todd down on her red, silk comforter and lay down next to him.
"Okay, Chapter one: That Fateful Day.’I was walking down the street one day, and it was a normal day, and I saw the most handsomest guy ever. He had jet black hair, bright green eyes, and pale white skin. I didn’t know it at the time, but he was a vampire..." She read aloud.
After about ten more minutes, she began to doze off, and the book slid from her lap to the bed. She was fast asleep. And, not to her knowing, vines of magic began to expel out of the book. Todd hissed and bolted out the door. Then the light, only in her room, went out. He had warned her about the book. Now it was too late.
She awoke hours later to complete darkness. "Oh, god! What time is it?" She looked at the clock on her bedside table. "7:30! I need to get ready for school!" She jumped off her bed and ran into the bathroom connected to her bedroom.
A few minutes later, her mom called up the stairs, "Ash, honey! We have new neighbors and they have s son your age! He's coming over in five minutes to go to school with you."
Ashley opened her bedroom door, "What? Ugh! Why? Never mind...I'll be down in ten minutes."
The minutes later, Ashley headed down the stairs in a black mini skirt, a red long sleeved shit, red converse, and the necklace Xoren bought her. When she got to the entry way, she quickly ran her hand through her wavy, blonde hair. She put on a fake, first-day-of-school smile, and walked into the kitchen. At first, she just saw her mom handing her a cup of coffee, then she looked again and saw a very handsome guy.
"Ashley, this is Demetri, he's our new neighbor. Demetri, this is my daughter, Ashley," Her mom said while handing a cup of coffee to Demetri.
Then, her mom slipped out of the room, as unnoticeably as possible, and Ashley sat down next to Demetri and they started talking. She figured out that he liked the same bands as she did, and that they both loved to read. After a couple of cups of coffee, they had to leave for school. So, they left and started walking; the high school was only a few blocks away from their houses.
While they were walking, Ashley noticed that Demetri had the greenest eyes she had ever seen, flawless pale skin, and hair, black as pitch.
"That sounds familiar...," She accidentally said aloud.
"What?" Demetri asked, looking confused.
"Huh?"
"Oh, um, never mind. So this is the high school?" Demetri asked, changing the subject.
"What? Oh, yeah, this is it; Ulysses S. Grant High School."
Ashley walked him to the front office, then told him to meet her there for lunch. Then she headed to her first period. All of a sudden, strong arms grabbed her from behind, picked her up, and twirled her around.
"Xoren, you jerk! I'm wearing a skirt!" She exclaimed.
"I know, it's hot!"
"You’re such a perv!" Ashley said as she shut the door to her first period class. It was art, and she liked art. Plus, there was only about eleven people in her class, so she had a table all to herself. She laid her backpack next to her table and sat down. She got out a picture she was working on of her favorite band, Escape The Fate. She started to add more to the drawing, when she heard the scraping of a chair. She looked up. A girl with thick, brown hair sat down. She was wearing skinny jeans and a very low cut v-neck top.
"What are you staring at?" The girl snarled.
Ashley realized she was staring, so she got out her pink Nano-Chrome and pressed play. "There's No Sympathy For The Dead" by Escape The Fate began blaring in her ears. She smiled and started drawing again.
When that class was over, she walked towards her English classroom and saw Demetri standing outside of his classroom.
"Hey!" Ashley exclaimed. "Do you want to go for a walk before class starts?"
"Um, sure," He replied.
So they started walking towards the science wing, they were talking about movies they liked when they turned a corner and Ashley saw Xoren making out with the girl from her art class.
"Xoren, what are you doing!?" She screamed at him. He turned and saw her.
"Ash, I can explain," He started. She ripped off her necklace and threw it as hard as she could to the ground. It hit the floor and shattered, like glass, into a million blood-red pieces.
She ran off, hands over her face, crying, towards the courtyard with Demetri following.
When she was out of breath, she sat down on the concrete steps, with her face in her hands. When Demetri caught up to her, he sat down next to her, and put his arms around her.
"Ashley, I know I haven’t known you for very long, but I am so sorry."
Ashley looked up and saw him smiling at her and she hugged him.
"She throws a fit when Xoren is just making out with another girl, when here she is cheating on him. What a hypocrite!" Said a voice from behind them.
Ashley turned around and saw her best friends Lauren, and the rest of her friends, laughing.
"Lauren, what are you talking about? I loved him!" Ashley sobbed. "Ha! Right. Let’s go," Lauren said to all of the laughing girls.
"Genevieve!? Alice! Rebecca? Guys, come on!" Ashley exclaimed, standing up.
They all looked at her, unapologetically, and followed Lauren, and not one of them looked back.
Ashley looked at Demetri and tired to smile. Demetri looked back at her smiling. "This might not be the best time for this, but, I love you, Ashley," Demetri said.
"I love you too."
Demetri took her right hand in both of his; Ashley looked up at him with puppy dog eyes. Demetri rummaged in his pocket for a second, then pulled out something shiny and slipped it on her finger. She looked down at her hand.
"Oh, my god, Demetri, I love it!" She exclaimed, hugging him.
"I knew you would. Hey, I have an idea. Lets skip second and go to McDonalds and get some coffee, I have something to tell you."
"Ok."
So they went to McDonalds, got coffee, and sat down in the most remote corner of the restaurant.
"So, what did you need to tell me?" Ashley asked.
"Okay, well, ugh...I don’t know how to say this....but...I’m a vampire." She looked at him like he was crazy. "See?" He said, taking a napkin to his neck and wiping some make-up off. It showed two, little, healed puncture marks.
"W-what? N-n-no, you c-cant be," Ashley replied stuttering.
"I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true. And I’m telling you because I love you, and I know you’re my soul mate."
"I don’t know why I’m saying this, but I believe you. Actually, I do know why, because the one thing I never thought would happen, happened. So, yeah, I believe you. And I love you too."
So, Demetri told Ashley everything about vampires.
After sitting there, talking, for about two hours, they headed back to their school to go to third period.
When they got to school, third period had already started, so Demetri walked Ashley to the gym, because she had P.E. for third.
They were standing at the door to the gym, and Demetri took Ashley’s hands in his, and looked down into her shimmery, blue eyes.
"I love you, Ashley, and I would do anything for you to be my girlfriend."
"Well, then all you have to do is kiss me," She replied, smiling up at him.
He bent his head down a little and brushed his lips softly against hers for a fraction of a second.
"So, now you’re my girlfriend?" He mused.
"Yup, but I have to go to third, and you do too. So, I'll see you before fourth." They hugged then she went into the gym.
Demetri smiled in sheer happiness, then went into the boy's locker room. He looked at himself in a mirror, then took a small vial of liquid foundation out of his pocket, and applied a thin, even coat on his neck; to hide the two, little puncture wounds. He put the vial back into his pocket and walked out, into the hallway towards the courtyard. But, before he got to the door, he was tackled against the wall.
"First, you make Ashley hate me, and now you’re dating her?!" Exclaimed an out of breath, a clearly drunk, Xoren.
"No, Xoren, it’s not like that, you need to calm down."
Xoren got Demetri in a headlock, "Then what is it? Huh?" Demetri could smell the alcohol on his breath.
Demetri threw Xoren off of him, but didn’t use his full force, because he didn’t want to hurt him. Xoren hit the wall and slid to the floor with a dull thud.
Xoren got up and pulled a switchblade out of his pocket and opened it. "You’re dead, new kid." He charged at Demetri and swung at him with the knife. He hit Demetri square in the stomach. Demetri fell to the ground, clutching his stomach; Xoren stabbed him over and over again. Within mere minutes, the two of them were covered in blood, then the door to the gym opened, then there was screams.
"Demetri!" Ashley screamed while pushing through the crowd of onlookers. "Xoren, how could you!?"
That was the last thing Demetri heard as he slowly lost consciousness.
A couple minutes later, an ambulance came, and people were talking Demetri away from Ashley and she was screaming frantically. "Let me go with him!" She screamed, fighting the arms that held her back.
After a few minutes of trying to get away from the arms that were embracing her, Ashley gave up, and fell to the floor crying.
A couple hours later, Ashley and her parents and Demetri’s "parents" were in the hospitals waiting room.
All of a sudden, Ashley saw Mr. Linden walk out of Demetri’s room. He walked by her, looked at her and said, "I told you so," under his breath, so only him and Ashley could hear. Just then, the doctor walked out of Demetri’s room and walked towards them.
"Are you all here for Demetri?" He asked calmly.
They all shook their heads "yes" and stood up.
"I am so sorry to say this, but Demetri passed away 30 minutes ago. He lost too much blood from the wounds in his stomach."
"No!" Ashley screamed as she fell to the floor sobbing. Her parents went to comfort her, as Demetri’s parents went with the doctor.
Once her parents calmed her down, they all got into their car and went home.
Three days later, they had a small funeral for Demetri. A few people from her school spoke about how good of a kid he was. When it was Ashley’s turn, she said, "Demetri was a good guy, like many of you have said already. He helped me in my time of need. And I’m not ashamed to say that I loved him, still do, and will always. He didn’t care about everything everyone else was doing or wearing. He was just himself and I loved him for that. And," She started crying, "I’m really going to miss him. Thank you."
Her speech brought tears to many people's eyes. After one or two more speeches, the funeral service was over, and people began to disperse. By the time they began lowering the casket in the ground; Ashley was the only one there. Even after the casket was in the ground, and they dirt was poured over it, Ashley was still there. She began to walk away, but glanced at the tombstone, it said, "Demetri Rodriguez 1984-2001 was 'A Diamond in a Rhinestone World' And Will Always Be Remembered."
Ashley smiled, but her eyes watered anyway. She looked up to the sky and whispered, "I love you Demetri," and walked away.
Sign up to rate and review this story