Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > And I'll End This Direst: a Frerard story

Chapter 12

by xDescendingAngelx 3 reviews

Elena! =) Getting help for Frankie.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-02-03 - 1263 words

0Unrated
Frank’s POV

Dinner was great, and there was plenty to eat. The three of us were sitting at the table, just talking over empty plates and full stomachs; something I never had the chance to do with my mom. I really couldn’t remember the last time I had a decent meal, other than cereal or breakfast bars. There’s barely anything in our refrigerator at home, except for countless bottles of alcohol and shit like that. I honestly don’t understand how we haven’t died of starvation yet.

Since I wasn’t used to eating that much food at once, I suddenly grew sleepy. I read the clock on the wall: eight o’clock sharp. I offered to help clear the dishes, only to be refused by both Elena and Gerard.

“No, hon, you’re the guest,” Elena was quick to say, standing up and taking my plate before I could protest. Gerard just looked over at me and laughed.

“She’s in love with you,” he mouthed, and I smiled back at him.

It was then that I let out a huge yawn, completely by accident. “God, I’m sorry,” I said, covering it up. “I don’t know why I’m so tired all of a sudden.”

“It’s cool. If you wanna go to bed already, you can,” Gerard said. “Even though it’s only, like, eight.”

“Yeah, I just might do that,” I replied, blushing a little as I tried to stifle another yawn. I felt as if I were on vacation: eating a huge meal; going to bed whenever I wanted; doing just about whatever I wanted, without getting yelled at or objects thrown at me.

“My goodness, you look as if you’re going to fall asleep right there in your chair!” Elena stepped in. “Gerard, why don’t you go show Frankie where he’s sleeping. Dearie, if you need anything, like blankets or pillows, anything, just holler, you hear? I don’t care if it’s the middle of the night.”

“Thanks so much, Elena. For everything.” Gerard and I got up from the kitchen table and went back to Gerard’s room again.

“So, you don’t have any pajamas or clothes for tomorrow, do you?” he asked.

“No, I don’t,” I replied, sitting down on his bed. “I’ve been at school all day, and I didn’t know I was going to your house tonight.”

“True,” he trailed. “Damn, all my pajamas are in the wash right now, and I’m sure you don’t want to sleep in my boxers. But as for tomorrow’s clothes, you can either borrow some of mine, which might be too big for you; or we can go to your house tomorrow morning to pick some up. Your choice.” With that, he closed the curtains and walked out of the darkened room, leaving the door open a crack and whispering, “Good night, Frankie,” before he left me to my dreams.

I took my shirt and hobo gloves off and stripped down to my boxers, not having any other clothes to call pajamas. I’m a clean-freak, so wearing the same clothes for more than a day doesn’t exactly appeal to me. I also have to have a shower every day, or else I walk around feeling disgusting all day long.

Climbing into bed, I found it hard to get to sleep. It was hard getting used to the fact the door was cracked, instead of locked tight; or that I actually had clean sheets, stupid things like that. I realized, looking up at the ceiling, that I was actually comfortable at Gerard’s house, and that Gerard was more than just a special person. From down the hall, he and Elena were talking, and I listened, hoping that their voices would help me nod off to sleep.

“Gee, you have such a wonderful new friend,” said a faint voice, lovingly and caring as usual.

“Thanks, Grandma. But there’s something I have to tell you about Frankie. He told me I could tell you, as long as you promise not to tell anyone.”

“Not to tell anyone? What on earth—”

“No one. At all. Please? He made me promise, and he really needs some help.” He sounded almost… desperate. I felt warm inside; no one had ever cared that much about me.

“Okay, I promise. Now why would Frankie need our help?” Elena sounded worried.

“Well, his parents, namely his mom…” Sleep started to take over me, and I zoned out a little as he told Elena all he knew about me, my mom and dad, my life at school, and the bruises that resulted from it all. I heard Elena's occasional gasps and pity noises as she listened.

“My God…” I heard Elena mutter, and I heard their footsteps coming up the hall.

“No, Grandma, let him sleep,” Gerard said as he stopped her at the doorway.

“I just want to look,” she whispered, thinking I was asleep. She pushed the door open, and immediately I shut my eyes and pretending to be in a deep sleep, all the while aware of her walking over to me. Grasping her grandson’s hand, she pulled back the sheet covering me, and examined my bare, bruised chest.

“How could anyone…?” she started, covering her mouth with her free hand. “My God.”

“See, Grandma, this is why I invited him over for the night, so he doesn’t have to worry about getting in trouble or getting hurt or anything. He doesn’t anything to worry about tonight.”

“No,” Elena whispered, eyes stuck on my black-and-blue chest. Was that anger I heard in her voice? I never would have thought anger was even a word in Elena's vocabulary. My blood froze in my veins. What did she mean, ‘no’? No to what, me? I hoped to God she didn’t mean, ‘No, Frankie can’t stay here anymore.’

“No,” she repeated. Yes, that was definitely anger. My eyes nearly flew open, and my mind mentally gasped in horror. “This is going to be more than just tonight. Under no circumstances is Elena Rush going to send that poor boy back to a home like that. I wouldn’t know what to do with myself; we’re going to be seeing a lot more of Frankie from now on, Gerard.” I heard a sigh of relief escape Gerard’s lips, and I quietly breathed a sigh through my own while Gerard hugged his grandmother gratefully. I was extremely glad he told her. I wanted to throw myself on top of Elena at that moment in a hug. I could have hugged Gerard, too.

Thoughts raced through my head as Gerard covered me back up with the sheets and left the room with Elena. Even though I had only known Gerard for a day, it seemed as if I’d known him forever. The events of today crashed down on me: the fight at school, which Gerard saved me from; going to the park, where Gerard told me the secret that he’d told no one else but Elena and the Mikey kid; the homophobic man at the pizza place, where I realized gays weren’t different from normal people; and dinner, where I actually felt like I belonged to a real family, even if it was small.

Gerard had a hand in all of these events, and even though I wasn’t quite exactly sure what love was, I guessed this was it.
Sign up to rate and review this story