Categories > Games > Fable > crimson balverine

crimson balverine

by waterfox 1 review

not so great at this, please read and review

Category: Fable - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-02-19 - Updated: 2008-02-20 - 512 words

1Exciting
The crimson Balverine
Prologue
Long ago, there was a land called Albion. This land was ruled not be any lord or king, merely by its people and the choices they made.
The people also had protectors called heroes. Men and women who trained themselves in the way of the will, a practice of magic that required affinity with light or dark alignments. They also trained in stealth and power.
These warriors protected the people and did quests for them to gain renown and fame, from escorting traders from town to town to slaying monsters that had been damaging crops to killing residents of the towns.
One of these monsters was known as the Balverine. A horrible werewolf like creature with speed grace and power, as well as a mind that could think and devise plans to capture its prey. But even more terrifying was that these creatures hunted in packs ranging from two Balverine up to at most six.
However, even though Balverine are fierce they are merely the more common of the species, speak of the Balverine food chain is the White Balverine. A beast resembling its brown counterpart but standing at a height of eight feet while it’s brown relative is only six feet. The other noticeable difference between the common Balverine and the White Balverine is that the White Balverine’ fur is a luminescent white that feels as soft as silk. Though normally if you can feel the fur of either balverine chances are you are already dead.
The white Balverine is rarely seen do to the requirements for one to be born. Not only do you have to be bitten by a regular balverine and survive but you must be bitten on the night when the moon is at her fullest to become a white balverine. Another even more rare method of the transformation is to be bitten by a white balverine, but that event is few and far between due to the fact that white Balverine tends to kill their prey before biting them.
Enough of the monster history though.
Our story begins in the midst of Dark Wood, a terrifying forest pitched forever in eternal night, during the night of a blood moon, an event that occurs only once every thousand years in Albion.
Trekking through the forest is a young lad barely into his eighteenth winter carrying a load of meat upon his shoulder dripping with blood from his impatient of waiting for the butcher in Bowerstone to bleed the meat to dry before setting of for home in Oakville.
Now there are only four types of people who travel through Dark Wood alone at any time.
Hero’s who are trained to deal with any situation the find themselves in. Traders who must travel to make their living. Bandits who are looking to kill and steal from afore mentioned traders and finally those who have no clue what they are doing and have an obvious death wish.
Our future hero is unfortunately at this time is none of the first three mentioned groups.
Sign up to rate and review this story