Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

Bad day.

by Meg2005 1 review

Everyone has bad days.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-29 - Updated: 2009-01-29 - 2408 words

0Unrated

**************************************

‘Guess who’s back.’ Grace smiled as she walked through the elevator doors to find Holly standing at the front of the desk talking to Amanda, the secretary.

‘AH! You’re back.’ Holly smiled as she hugged her tight.

‘Wow! Grace you looked amazing.’ Amanda smiled.

‘It’s because she’s having sex again.’ Holly said.

‘HOLLY!’ Grace blushed.

‘It’s true.’ Grace laughed as she rolled her eyes before she and Holly started down the office.

‘Ryan told me to tell you that he’ll be here at eleven fifteen to take you to your doctor’s appointment.’

‘Great. I’m really nervous.’ Grace said as she sat her coffee and her bag down at her desk. Holly sat down in the chair in front of her desk and crossed her legs.

‘How come?’

‘I don’t know. This is a little ridiculous. I shouldn’t be right? I mean I’m just going to get a physical to make sure we’re baby ready.’

‘Are you and Brendon going to start trying for a baby soon?’ Holly asked excitedly.

‘NO! We just want to make sure everything is okay and ready to go when we do decide to try for a baby.’

‘I see. Well hopefully it will happen soon.’

‘I don’t know. I know that I’m ready for a baby but once we have a baby it will never just be Brendon and I again. I mean maybe it’s selfish but I don’t know if I’m ready to share him with someone else yet. I want him all to myself.’

‘It’s not selfish. I think it’s kind of sweet. I felt the same way about Ryan then I found out I was pregnant. Have a baby definitely changed our lives but I wouldn’t change it for the world. Addie is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us.’

‘I know we’ll have one some day, I just don’t know if that day will be soon.’

‘Well in the mean time, we can get ready for Paris.’

‘Great. Did you know that the boys are going to be in Paris for a day while we’re there for their European tour?’

‘I did know that. Ryan told me a couple of weeks ago.’

‘Maybe we should go to their show or something. Do you think?’

‘Yeah man! I’ll tell Ryan to get us in later.’ Holly said.

‘So do we have everything ready for the Paris show?’

‘I’m shipping the rest of the line over tomorrow. We just have to go over a few more details and accessories. We are interviewing models for the next two days. This should be fun.’

‘Great! I have the budget completely worked out. Our plane tickets are in the mail, our hotel rooms are reserved, we have transportation, photographers, and photo shoot sites.’

‘Great, we’re good to go. We’ve got a couple of models waiting for us, let’s go.’ Holly said as Grace followed her out of the room and down to the conference room.

‘Hi, you must be Alex.’ Holly said shaking his hand.

‘Alex Hall.’ He said. Grace shook his hand discarding the cocky vibe he was giving her.

‘I’m Holly Ross, this is Grace Urie. Sit down.’ Holly said.

‘So we have a fashion show in Paris in a week, that’s what you’re here for.’

‘Yeah.’ Alex said as he slumped back in his chair, ‘Is the beauty queen going to be there?’ he said winking at Grace. Grace rolled her eyes and wrote a note down on her notebook.

‘That beauty queen happens to be married and will be your boss so I suggest you keep your mouth shut if you want to model for us.’ Grace said.

‘Hot damn girl.’ He said, ‘your husband must be one lucky mother fucker.’

‘Alright well this interview is over. It was nice to meet you Alex. Holly when is out next appointment.’

‘Wait, wait, wait, you know you aren’t going to find anyone hotter than I am. I’ve modeled for all kinds of designers. With my name on your list people will kill to wear your line.’

‘Could you give us a minute please?’ Holly asked. Alex rolled his eyes and walked out of the room. ‘Grace, he’s right, he’s modeled for the top names in the business. We need him.’

‘Holly do you really want someone modeling your line with an attitude like that? Not only does he make me uncomfortable but I’m sure that Brendon and Ryan would love having someone around that talks to us like that.’

‘We need him. If he gets really bad we can just fire him okay?’

‘Fine but if he says one more thing like that I’m going to nail him to a wall.’

‘Fine.’ Holly said before she got up and walked back over to get Alex back in.

Alex winked at Grace as he sat down in front of them, ‘Alright so here’s the deal Alex, you’d better listen. You’ve got one chance. We’re going to sign you BUT if I hear one more word like that you’ll be out of here so fast it’ll make your head spin, got it?’

‘I like a girl that can hold her own.’

‘So there is going to be a clause in your contract that says that we can terminate your contract at any point in time.’ Holly said interrupting before Grace went on a rampage.

‘AHHH! I’m so pissed off.’ Grace yelled startling Ryan as he drove out of the parking deck.

‘What happened?’ he asked.

‘Some stupid pompous model hit on me today. He was such an asshole.’

‘Calm down Gracie.’ Ryan said.

‘I hate guys like that. They make me so angry.’

‘Grace, relax.’

‘I’m sorry. He’s such an asshole, and he’s coming to Paris with us.’

‘Well that should be fun for you.’ Ryan smirked. Grace glared before looking out the window. Ryan looked over and saw that Grace had her hand on her back of her neck; his nervous habit that they shared.
‘What’s wrong?’

‘What? Oh nothing.’ She said turning back around.

‘Gracie, you forget we share a nervous habit. What are you nervous about?’

‘I’m just nervous about this doctor’s appointment. I haven’t been to the doctor for something serious since my car accident. I’m afraid that they are going to tell me something that I don’t want to hear.’

‘Grace, don’t think like that. When you left the hospital after your accident the doctor said you would make a full recovery like nothing ever happened.’

‘I know it just makes me nervous.’

‘You’ll be okay.’ Ryan said as he pulled into the parking lot of the women’s clinic of Summerlin.

‘Hi, I have an appointment with Dr. Burns at 11:30.’

‘Name?’

‘Grace Urie.’

‘Alright, can you fill this paper work out for me and I’ll let her know that you’re here.’ The receptionist said.

‘Thank you.’ Grace said as she took the clip board and walked over to sit next to Ryan.

‘Does it feel weird to write Brendon’s last name down instead of yours?’

‘Yeah, a little bit.’ Grace said, absentmindedly. ‘Thank you for coming with me today Ryan, I would have brought Brendon but it would have been twice as awkward for him.’

‘You’re welcome. The way I see it, I’ve been with you to buy naughty things it only makes sense that I come with you to the girly doctor too.’

‘Grace Urie.’ The nurse said. Grace and Ryan stood up and followed the nurse back to the exam room. ‘Alright, first thing I need you to do is go ahead and give us a urine sample.’ She handed Grace the cup and pointed her in the direction of the bathroom. ‘And then I need you to change into his gown, you can leave your bra on and your clothes in the cubby in the bathroom.

‘Thank you.’ Grace said before shutting the bathroom door.

‘Hi Grace, I’m Dr. Burns.’ A younger female doctor said as she walked into the room shutting the door behind her.

‘Hi, it’s nice to meet you.’ Grace smiled shaking her hand.

‘Is this your husband?’

‘Oh no, this is Ryan, my best friend.’

‘You’re Holly’s husband.’

‘Yeah.’ Ryan said.

‘How is your little one doing?’

‘She’s doing well. Growing up faster than I want but what can you do?’

‘Alright Grace, so I looked through your medical history and it says you were in a car accident when you were 19.’

‘Yes.’

‘It says that you had some internal bleeding.’

‘Yes.’

‘Okay well we’re going to take some extra precautions and just check to make sure everything has heeled properly. Is this just a check up or what?’

‘Actually, I got married earlier this month and just got back from my honeymoon, we aren’t planning on trying for a baby anytime soon but I just want to check and make sure that everything is okay…down there just in case.’

‘Alright, sounds great. I’ll go ahead and do an exam and then we’ll do an ultra sound to make sure everything is good okay?’

‘Alright.’

‘Ryan, I think you’ll probably want to stand up at the head of the bed with her, you can grab that other stool over there if you’d like.’

‘Thanks.’ Ryan said as he moved the rolly stool over to sit next to Grace.

‘Alright let’s get started.’ The doctor said as she washed her hands before putting on her gloves. ‘So you got married earlier this month huh? Where did you guys go on your honeymoon?’

‘We went to Bora Bora.’

‘Oh I bet that was absolutely beautiful.’

‘It was.’ Grace smiled, ‘Our room was absolutely gorgeous.’

‘Did you like the rose petals and stuff?’ Ryan asked.

‘Yes. It was fantastic. How did you guys do that?’

‘Relax Grace.’ Dr. Burns said.

‘We just called the hotel and said that you guys were honeymooning and ask them if they would do it and they did.’

‘It was amazing.’

‘I heard the food down there is amazing.’

‘It was so good.’ Grace said.

There was more small talk, just to keep Grace’s mind off what was going on.

‘Alright Grace, your examine is done. I’m going to send your tests to the lab and get an ultra sound tech in here. Ok?’

‘Sure.’ Grace smiled.

‘You can go ahead and sit up. It might be a few minutes.’ The doctor smiled as Ryan’s phone rang.

‘It’s Brendon.’ Ryan said as he pushed the green button. ‘Hello.’

‘Have you seen my girls junk yet?’

‘Nice to hear from you too Brendon, there are things I would rather look at.’

‘Are you saying that my wife isn’t beautiful?’

‘No Brendon, your wife is gorgeous but I have my own gorgeous wife to look at.’

‘Whatever how is the appointment going? How is the doctor?’

‘The appointment is going well so far, the doctor is Holly’s doctor. She’s nice.’

‘Anything I should know about yet?’

‘No Brendon, we haven’t talked about anything yet. The doctor is giving Grace’s tests to the lab tech and getting an ultra sound machine.’

‘ARE WE PREGNANT?!’ Brendon screamed. Ryan pulled the phone from his ear and Grace laughed.

‘No you’re not pregnant; it’s because of her accident. The doctor wants to make sure everything heeled right so you don’t have a problem conceiving when you decide it’s time for an ankle biter.’ Ryan said.

‘Oh…ok well call me if something happens then.’

‘Alright Brendon I will.’

‘Tell Gracie I love her.’

‘I will. Bye Brendon.’

‘Peace.’ Brendon said before hanging up the phone.

‘I don’t know what to do about that husband of yours. He says he loves you.’

‘He’s so cute.’

‘That’s not my first choice of adjectives but whatever works for you.’ Ryan said as the doctor came back in wheeling a big machine in front of her as a man came in behind her.

‘Alright Grace, this is James. He’s going to be our ultra sound tech today.’ Dr. Burns said.

‘I’m just not going to tell Brendon about this.’ Ryan said.

‘Probably a smart idea, for his safety.’ Grace said as she laid back on the bed.

‘Alright this is going to be a little cold.’ He said as he slid the wand into her.

‘Alright so her cervix looks good.’

‘This is the right tube, look at the blockage there.’ He said quietly. Grace’s eye went wide as her heart began to race. Ryan reached over and took her hand, holding it tightly as they listened intently to the whispers coming from the doctor and the ultra sound tech.

‘Yeah, it looks to be completely blocked. What about the left side?’ Grace felt him move the wand around as she felt herself begin to sweat a cold sweat.

‘It looks to be almost completely blocked as well.’

‘Maybe 90% blockage.’

‘Alright, that’s it.’ The tech said looking at the doctor before turning the machine off and taking it out of Grace before walking out of the room.

‘Alright Grace.’ The doctor said as Ryan helped her up.

‘Doctor, wait.’ Ryan said.

‘Yes?’

‘I think Brendon needs to be here to hear what you have to say, can you wait like ten minutes?’

‘Sure Ryan, I’m going to run and check on your labs.’ The doctor said giving a weak smile before walking out of the room. Grace felt herself becoming sick to her stomach. The conversation Ryan was having with Brendon didn’t even faze her. She didn’t even hear it.

‘Brendon, it’s me.’ Ryan said.

‘What’s up dude?’

‘I think you need to come down to the doctor’s office.’

‘What’s wrong? Is Grace okay?’

‘Just get down here please.’

‘I’ll be there in ten minutes.’ Brendon said before hanging up the phone and sprinting out of his parent’s house. Nothing would prepare either of them for the news that they were about to receive.
Sign up to rate and review this story