Categories > TV > Charmed > Premonitions

1. Prologue

by TheProcrastinator 0 reviews

In which Roni has an awful vision of the future.

Category: Charmed - Rating: G - Genres: Horror - Characters: Phoebe - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-01-30 - Updated: 2009-01-30 - 1345 words

0Unrated
I was running through a forest, as quickly as possible and yet too slow, trying to get away from the thing that was behind me. My hair -- which was once neatly tied back -- tossed wildly in the wind as I turned my head to see if the thing was still pursuing me.


It was.


It was incredibly fast. My hair made it incredibly difficult at times to see where I was going, and trees surrounded me; twigs covered the floor, and vines twisted their way around my ankles. It was so cold. I looked up at the sky, which was partly obscured by the tall trees, and saw that it was raining furiously.


I don't want to die... Please don't let me die... I thought to myself. I was certain I could hear faint footsteps very close by. I knew it was catching up.


I had a plan. I would keep running until I was sure I'd lost the creature, and duck behind a tree that was wide enough so that there was no risk of being caught. Then I would turn and go back.


6...
7...
8, 9, 10...



I sprang out from behind the tree, hoping I'd lost it, only to crash right into what was...


...a he.


I fell to the ground, hurting myself badly. He dropped to his knees, but did not even wince. And then he crouched beside me, leaning towards my neck.


Oh God... I thought, he's going to kill me. I attempted a scream but his pale hands flew instantly to my throat, stifling the noise.


"Please," I begged, feeling my eyes fill with tears, "don't hurt me." It came out as a whisper.


He bent closer towards me, his dark brown hair falling around my face. "Why would I do that?" he whispered mockingly in reply, his warm breath tickling my face.


"I don't know, but--"


He interrupted me, speaking in a casual, friendly tone. "All I want is to talk to you."


Then he snickered. I wasn't sure what to say.


I stayed still, hoping all this madness was just a dream. Hoping that it would all go away.


I looked at his face, and his perfect features. He opened his mouth to reveal a wide jaw of extremely sharp teeth.


Fangs.


I panicked, and tried to wriggle away, but this was unsuccessful as he held me down tightly. I screamed again, but this time he did not try to stop me.


Instead, he said, "Nobody's going to save you, so there's no point in making unnecessary noise. There's no-one around for miles and miles." His voice was softer, kinder, but his words pierced me like an arrow.


He's just teasing you, Roni, I thought to myself, feeling so alone. I waited for the moment when he'd take my life. The idea paralysed me with fear.


Then it came. I felt his fangs dig deep into my flesh.


Relief washed over me. I just wanted it to end, no matter how. Blood trickled down my chest, and I felt the rest being slowly drained of me. A sharp, painful sensation, and the night soon overcame me.






I screamed again. It's just a dream, I told myself, it'll be fine.


"Roni." I felt someone pushing my shoulder insistently. "Roni!" It was a female voice, getting gradually louder. My eyes snapped open, and I jerked when I saw my mom, Addie, leaning in at my face.


I raised one hand and brushed my smouldering red-copper hair back from my face. My eyes were a chestnut-brown colour, and my features made me look quite innocent. My skin was a milky colour, contrasting my lips making them look smaller and redder than they actually were. I found it worked well for me. I was petite, quite impish to be honest, and considered one of the most attractive girls in the school I attended. And then came into consideration my 'fits'. They weren't actually seizures, of course, they were visions. People would hiss or shout "freak" when they passed me in the high-school corridors. The things I saw scared me. I hated the way I was, I didn't get why I was cursed with these visions. I felt so helpless and vulnerable.


I looked up at my mom and gave her a quiet smile. "I wondered when you'd wake up. You were tossing and turning, and shouting." She returned the smile, but much more enthusiastic than mine. Her skin was quite tanned, her hair a glossy blonde shoulder-length style, her eyes were a dark emerald and her nose and lips bigger than my own but still small, although her lips were paler than mine. She was reasonably tall, a couple of inches smaller than my dad, Jack. Dad was muscular and handsome. He had brown spiky hair and light blue eyes.


"What time is it?" I asked her. She looked at the silver watch strapped around her wrist.


"Just after 7:10. Are you okay, Roni?" she asked, very concerned. I loved her considerate nature. I smiled again.


"Yeah, I'm fine now. I just had a bad dream," I replied dismissively. I knew deep down that what I had just lived through was in no way a dream, it was too horrifying, how real it was, so I came to a quick conclusion that it had been another vision.


I could tell she was going to say something, she hesitated, and opened and closed her mouth.


"What's up?" I asked, trying not to sound too curious.


"Well, I'm going to see your Principal later on, and he wants you to come as well. It's about your...problems at school..." Her voice trailed off.


The Principal. . . Ugh. . . I thought. He was a beefy man, not very tall, with dark blonde hair and a moustache. He was a really intimidating man, could bend most students to do what he said.


"What time?" I asked, after a while.


"Three-p.m, outside Mr Thatcher's office. He's going to send a messenger to call on you at five minutes to three."


"Okay, erm. . . Mum? Can you leave so I can get ready for school?" I said, trying desperately not to sound rude.


"Twenty minutes and then breakfast," she answered. I smiled a fake smile, in the hope she would not notice the contempt in my expression. She crossed to the door and it clicked shut behind her.


Right. . . I thought. Time to get ready I guess. I couldn't just suddenly pretend to be sick; she'd know it was just so I didn't have to face Mr Thatcher. Besides, I had to speak to Pheobe, my best friend.


I got ready, and then left my room and walked round to the kitchen. I opened the door and shrieked. Baby had jumped up at me and given me a huge fright. "Baby! Don't do that," I scolded her, scooping her up into my arms. She attempted a bark, but because she was only four weeks old, it came out as more of a whimper.


"Hey, Dad, " I greeted him. He was sitting at the granite table in the middle of the room.


"Morning Roni, you'll need to feed Baby after you've sorted yourself out. Then I'll drop you at school on my way to the office," he said while reading the newspaper. My dad was the second most successful lawyer in Glasgow, so we had some money. We lived on the outskirts of Glasgow, so when I didn't catch a bus I got a ride in with either of them.

Today, I had to take in a finished essay on Charles Dickens' book, Oliver. Half-an-hour passed, and by that time dad and I were both ready. I was coming down the hallway from my bedroom carrying my dark purple satchel on my shoulder when mom called.

"Dad's just gone to get the car, Roni. He said for you to wait on the porch."

"Okay, thanks!" I called back. I waited on the porch for roughly five minutes, when dad the pulled up in the blue Nissan and I got in. We drove away.
Sign up to rate and review this story