Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Horus Goes Home

Prologue: When I Wish Upon A Star - A History and a Wish to Return

by SamStone

What came before or who is he?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Crossover, Erotica, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Harry - Published: 2006-03-21 - Updated: 2006-03-22 - 4256 words

?Blocked
************

Prologue: When I Wish Upon A Star - A History and a Wish to Return

************

In the world of Mystic America, there is a lot of confusion about the terms involved. This is of course due to the nature of the world. As each group became separated, they eventually named things differently. Warlocks for instance have been the police for the sensitives that practice magic for the past five hundred years certain communities of practitioners have those that are closer to Black Chi-Mages fall into this category. This is due to the recent theme in Wiccans being influenced by Eastern Magic Users. Having an origin as oath breakers due to there outright violence not to mundanes, but to fellow magic users has caused a lot of grief for the True Warlocks even though they limit themselves to dealing with the degenerates and operate as a form of safeguard from supernatural crimes.

Now that there is definitely a need for self policing given what the wanders have been up to since there founding. At the start of the twentieth century, the results of Merlin and Morgana's conflict boiled over into a rather large slaughter of focus users. Now as it is inherent that history is often skewed in regards to facts, this argument resulted in the exile of both from the mystic community. Now as both were insistent on continuing there disagreement, but bared from higher magicks they used what loopholes they could find to continue. Taking in mundane and sensitives as soldiers they continued there conflict.

As most practitioners had been displaced by the New Ways they flocked to Morgana who promised the preservation of the Old Ways. Merlin however recruited from Christendom and started on his influence on the Isle. Morgana rested in Avalon and preserved many things from Merlin's pillages. What this all boiled down to was that continued conflict resulting from Merlin's vilifying of his enemies and there magicks had continued. Many types of magic were viewed as evil since Morgana had them on her side and then were difficult for Merlin's side to track. Warlocks split from practitioners and Druids due to the pull they felt. The forty-seven ronin of Japan were examples of what a Warlock would do for Justice.

Now the past century has had the wanders protected by decree. The legislation is similar to the endangered species act in its use. Since wanders avoid the sensitive and mystic community and live in a word full of beings they have legislated control over, they grew arrogant. In the coming time it became common that they viewed themselves as the pinnacle of magic forgetting all others. Ignorant of Discovery they continued on this downward spiral. Warlocks were not able to punish wanders and as such they became more dangerous in there ignorance. If it had not been for a resolution passed on endangered species things would have been different.

Sorcerers had long accepted the world as it is, a convoluted place with many different groups trying to prosper. Sorcerer is the closest translation to the term in that they influenced fate by existing and defying the previous prophecy of global extinction. Sorcerers were the result of a need similar to how Warlocks came about to protect the community from within, sorcerers were to protect from invasion of Demons. Unfortunately, like wanders, Sorcerers eventually suffered from arrogance because they were that good. It has become apparent that sorcerers need conflict considering there origins it was an ingrained necessity. Limits however needed to form this did not occur until after the Sorcerer and Mystic Wars. With the need of combat and conflict resolution met things stabilized. Mystic vampires and shape shifters displaced the other forms in there niche. Were the magical, sensitive, and even demonic versions lacked control, the mystic excelled. The code they followed forced the magical versions such as Mideon and Nosferatu to become less overt and most demonic variants were rendered extinct or at least endangered. While demonic breeds of vampires were reduced in number, some remained concentrating like rats and cockroaches where they could survive. Shamans developed a hunter and ignorant of the rest of the world continued there work. The magical shape shifters eventually had difficulty in the persecution and execution of the elders left untrained youngsters ruled by instinct. Due to the lack of control greater persecution continued and several factions continue to draw support due to promises of not being oppressed by various racist organizations.

For the past two centuries, England has had the Van Helsing family in charge of containment of supernatural entities that are a threat to life and crown. There secret weapon was Alucard the name taken by Dracula after being conscripted into Abraham Van Helsing's services. The family changed the name to Hellsing after the spats with Germany While the Hellsings have the backing of the crown there are several other organizations involved in protecting the ignorant masses from supernatural threats. Iscariot, other wise known as Section XIII, was the Vatican's main hunter force. Also in recent centuries the Watcher's Council had settled in with the African Tribal Shaman's solution to the vampire menace, the Slayer. Still there were Warlocks responsible for Practitioners going rogue and Aurors responsible for Wizarding policing a well as Hit-Wizards and Unspeakables running around as well attempting to keep the peace. None of the groups had decent communications with any other groups. As usual the situation was a complete SNAFU showing how little inter-division cooperation was there. For example Aurors never call Hellsing until they have totally ballsed up and need to eradicate the problem. The Watchers Council tends to not care about things that are not threats to there members and send teams without any external backup. That they tend to use there main resource the Slayer as a walking diversion tends to ruffle feathers. Soon this was to end for the most part.

The coming of Discovery in March 1990 effected mundane, sensitive, and mystic. No one with knowledge of the various other magical community noticed the event. It was as if there was a large enchantment to make them ignorant of any magic outside of there own community. Mundanes that knew of the magical world seemed unable to mention Discovery to the isolated communities. There is by those who are not ignorant of the various communities a belief that the magical community has been siphoning off various talents who merely showed any talent in magic thereby depriving Mystic and Sensitive communities' new blood.

This poaching of talent had led to powerful magic users who were ignorant of there true nature and potential. In the Wizarding World this exasperated the old blood issues, while in what some would consider the Western Dichotomy Practitioners this had led to people being raised under false limitations such as purely altruistic or selfish uses for magic. The falsely named Warlocks tended to conspire with Daemeons for mutual benefit relations. As time passed for the different in natured so to did the belief that they were alone which led to the deaths of these new bloods into there respected communities. A sorceress died in the last of there conflicts in the so called Wizarding World. This lead to talk of repealment of the Wizarding Protection Act. This was the state a few years post Discovery.

While the magical worlds declined, the advent of reliable and replicatable magic into daily life has led to improvements in mundane life, this is due to advances in both technology and magic along with technomagick becoming a greater part of life. The common occurrence of crystal-enhanced technology has led to a rise in quality of life issues. Current estimates are that earth is currently far cleaner than in the past century. The reclamation of the seas and the rise of space travel has brought humanity out of the cradle once again. Unfortunately, there would eventually be problems from old acquaintances.

Modern mystics tend to be more open about things then there mundane counterparts this is mostly due to the fact that separation occurred around the time of the Roman Republic and as such the culture is still considered progressive in some areas such as modern civil rights. With technomagick, industrial alchemy and enchantments there were several projects that had been impossible were soon possible. Unfortunately, the number of gadgets that were previously props in Hollywood just proves that no matter where you go there is a fan-boy. The increase in technology led by this led to the improvements that were common by early to mid twenty first century.

By the twenty-second century, the number of mundanes had become less than three billion of the planets estimated seven billion inhabitants. The change in education made it likely that mundanes were more often giving birth to sensitives and those that remained were becoming more and more likely to pass the threshold and become sensitives. Humanity had begun again to stretch to the stars. Most however, were sensitives as the control over their bodies led to less dangers than would affect mundanes. Body control and a longer life due to control of life energies seemed to hold the possibilities of another division that held the risk for race war.

The near obliteration of the purely magical communities at the beginning of the twenty-first led to the WPA being far more enforced than in the past. At the advent of magical turning on mundanes, many sensitives and mystics removed the threats from the communities. No longer hidden from the world, they were slower to adapt than either mystical or sensitive communities had been. The complete shattering of there beliefs were massive. The periods post Revelations had resulted in harsher punishments and a wider scope for the Warlocks who were now closer to SIU and SWAT in function than the community cop they had been. The repealment of the wander born bans led to a large exodus from there community into mystic and sensitive communities due to a lesser biases they would face. Those who were not on the top of there communities structures moved into the new world.

All that glitters, is not gold and the twenty-first century had its down side as well. Many of the enemies from the past had come back in some form. The Infiri, Skrill, Rian and other demons tried to re-establish foot holds on Earth. The diaspora of the mid twenty-first century was heralded by the inability of most demon breeds to be able to live so far from the rifts. Earth was still hospitable to them, but the lack of ambient demonic energies kept them bound to the planet. Some Practitioners, specifically the False Warlocks, joined with the Daemeons, those demon breeds that are more human than creature in appearance, in a collaborated attempt to take over the earth. This, in part, led to the almost complete destruction of Tokyo and London in 2056.

They were destroyed by MD level spells, which are spells that were restricted in a manner similar to nuclear weapons as the difference was solely the lacking of radioactive fallout. Most felt that the need to use forbidden level magick was a grave error, but those that had seen what little remained from the initial invasions realized that necessity is cruel when survival is paramount. Unfortunately, it was necessary as the accidental summonings were not who the demons and there associates wanted, but that of opposition races that while wanting human extinction also wanted to destroy the other demon races.

This led to the more militant actions of the Orders and the Warlocks of London led sweeps to purge the tainted from the ranks. That the Order of Ebon Night known for its intense dabbling in dark and even evil magic felt that the actions in London needed there assistance. That one of the most sinister and vindictive group felt that the practitioners involved went to far shocked many almost as bad as there lesson in proper sinister behavior. Suffice it to say no practitioner wanted to be caught by them; it was much better to get a relatively swift arrest and execution than whatever they had planed considering that those caught went through more pain than in a gore fest horror movie. There are reasons that even the most jaded infernal torturers avoid them. As a note of interest, they refused the Marquis De Sade membership since he was considered to nice in his activities.

In Tokyo, the Diemeons, most of whom were corrupted corporeal animal spirits, had attempted the re-establishment of there old domains. The local enforcers were sent into a state of near exhaustion in dealing with this surge. Chi-users and mages along with spiritualists were put to the breaking point. Help came from an unexpected source, which had been dealing with other more dangerous threats at the time and as such were full of anger at themselves for failing to have been there. Most told them that the locals normally would have succeeded if they had not been overwhelmed by the betrayal of some trusted allies.

The Hunter Squads of the Order of Shadows that were sent through Asia made the various native demon and devil hunters seem tame in comparison. Even the terrorist purges of the late twentieth paled in comparison to the ferocity dealt with demons they found. Blood had been spilled and someone had to pay for the losses. There honor demanded no less for there perceived failure. All that training and specialization had to be worth all the training and struggle.

The Seven Hunter Squads had specific requirements that had to be met to have the variety to deal with various situations. The current set up was to have the leader be a journeyman with four subordinates one from each of the cardinal styles. One trained as a healer, one shapeshifter and one Warlock to further there law enforcement training. At least one had to be a mystic spellcaster due to traditions as in the past sorcerers in the order spent rotations on the teams as an apprentice for a year and as a journeyman for two years to meet the combat experience those levels required.

Hunter Squads have various types of equipment that they carried. Each squad had specific threats that they were prepared for. Squad Seven normally dealt with Skrill and Rian in Continental Asia and Oceania. Squad Five handled North America specializing in Nature Spirits. Squad One held the Middle East Land of Djinn and rival clerics. Squad Two East of the Himalaya specialized in the lost Civilizations and there artifacts. Squad Three dealt with Europe and the Fae. Squad Four dealt with Africa and the peculiar magicks of this continent. Squad Six dealt with South America and all of the strange things that came from the mysterious forests and lands there.

As Squad Seven dealt with the continued attacks of Rian and Skrill in the various Pacific Islands, the peculiar natures of there enemies caused problems. With these two species having exoskeletons resistant to most low level magicks, it follows that weapons skills in these groups were high. Under Journeyman Kando, this squad faced extreme measures and made it obvious why he was one of the best assassins of the Serpent and Shadow Orders. Dressed in Black hide trousers with a black Rian silk shirt with Demon Dragon hide boots this journeyman held little apathy to his enemies. Due to the bio-toxins of Skrill and Rian, he wore goggles to protect the eyes and a mask to prevent poisoned blood from the current Rian kills with a Shadow forehead protector and Serpent neck guard completing his ensemble. That he had spent five years as a mentor to one Horatius Stone is of some note. It is not everyday that the adopted son of a living legend gets trained by one of the legend's more infamous students. Then again, most blame him for Horus's dress sense in addition to his more brutal methods of work. One would swear that the leaders of Squad Five and Seven were related if not in blood than in manners. That they all had the same warped made most people grateful that they rarely had to deal with them.

With time the purges ended and it was time to move on. As the vast majority of the cities infrastructure and buildings had been rendered structurally unsound there was massive rebuilding. Japan again rose from the ashes stronger and less reliant on cobbled on improvements than those who had not been decimated. The rebuilt cities of New London and Neo-Tokyo were the pinnacle of modern technomancy. Unfortunately, even they needed someone to sweep the vermin from the edges.


************

Loss of the Lightning Style Genius: Journeyman Horus of Hunter Squad Seven Missing

************

To properly understand this young man who has done so much for us, it is necessary to understand his history. Unfortunately, far too many of you fall asleep in history class in the not so recent past. Therefore, a bit of a re-cap is sadly necessary to explain the details neglected in your education.

By 2089, the removal of the various demon breeds led to vermin hunts of the breeds responsible for the cataclysm. Demeons and Daemeons were treated in a most clinical manner and those who still wished to reign were eradicated. The Fae that remained were removed from a neutral stance and the Courts of the Fae were no longer hidden from mortal eyes. Both of the rebuilt cities were warded against demons and this prevented the Skrill and Rian from taking over the Pacific Islands as well as the British Isles. The general response to the insect menace led to a rebirth of the Order of Shadows original training methods. Current rumors have a large number of lower great demons to have been lost somewhere records indicated a lost training center. That the center had been lost in the islands of the Pacific Ocean with several of the order's more prominent fighters remains a mystery. Time passed and the world moved on. The outright invasions had stopped, but the constant threats of further forces trying to gain a foothold or more accurately, a claw hold on the world continued.

In 2180, a dimensional fissure originally believed to be a temporal displacement deposited one male child in the area near New London. Standard medical scans revealed an over exposure of en-tropic energies and a mystic core. At the time the infant was adopted by one Samuel Stone. The boy was named Horatius 'Horus' Stone after extensive searching for DNA matches led to no relatives living or dead found. He had been adopted by a sorcerer by the name of Samuel Stone and had a rather typical childhood for the age he was living in among our more traditional mystic neighbors.

Young Horatius was raised in New London and Neo-Tokyo with several trips to Americas various cities spending time in San Francisco and St. Louis in addition to trips to various areas of interest. Horatius underwent Initiate training at a young age due to the triggered awakening his arrival had accelerated. Having passed initiate level before he was six, he completed his apprenticeship at age ten a good five years under the previous record holder having spent two of his four years of accelerated apprenticeship on Squad Seven under Journeyman Kando before his promotion. Honorary member of the Serpent and Shadow Order, Horus has been a team leader for the past two years for Squad Five having one of the highest success rates of any team in the past several decades as well as being the youngest team leader in several centuries. At his current rate, it is widely held that he will reach Master level before turning twenty. This is quite the accomplishment since most sorcerers do not reach mastery until they are a century old, but for someone with a base life span of five centuries spending one fifth of it learning is no different than most of us having gone to a four-year college. Most of the fuss of the legislation around God's Bane is that the body could handle it after a century, which is when most sorcerers qualified for mastery after over ninety years of study.

The only other student in the past few centuries to reach such levels this quickly in the past few centuries was Pegasus of the line of Oroborus and Orion. Horus is considered a blood adopted member of the lines of Serpent, Dragon. Both of these individuals are blood heirs of Lord Oroborus of the Serpent line, the only person to reach the heights of mastery before being a teenager and the current Supreme Grand Master Sorcerer.

In 2194, Journeyman Horus leader of Squad Five disappeared after an incident with a para-dimensional Rian force attempted to sabotage the naval base at Dover, England. What happened afterwards is still unknown. The last reported appearance of Journeyman Horus was in black cargo pants with a hide jacket over a shirt that said, "Repeal the PA, Hunt in 2195." The crystalline glasses on his face and armed appearance might have caused problems wherever he reappeared.

That he, like his mentor, wore a face mask when hunting Rian would make for a more mysterious and sinister introduction to whoever met him. Then again, the emblem on his forehead protector showing his membership to the Order of Shadows in addition to his neck guard from the Order of Serpents and his facemask tends to make him seem far more intimidating than one would think a fifteen year old would be. It is a sad fact that someone so young has spent over five years directly fighting the Enemy.

The Order of Shadows is rumored to be the source behind the shinobi of Japan and has long since lost track of all of there various plots. All members carry a forehead protector and a tattoo on the back of there neck with the orders emblem, the yin-yang. This is due to the changeover in leadership and mid level leaders in the past few centuries. With the original abilities of the Order, there have been many who sought the knowledge they have preserved by any means necessary. Some rumors have circulated that the lost soldiers of the Order had founded countries in either one of the old proving grounds or in one of the natural nexi for Diemeons and stayed to safeguard escape. Rumor has it that this was supposed to be Squad Five's next mission after the destruction of the Rian nest.

The Order of the Serpent has been rumored to have been seriously miffed at outsiders, who believe the propaganda against them originating in the early Jewish and Christian theology due to there tradition of serpent familiars. One of the requirements of all members is a serpent tattoo on there neck in addition to the neck guard. All members of the order if not serpent speakers by birth learn it as a second language. Rumor of the Circles surviving had reached the ears of higher members in the early twenty first century causing massive upheaval when the mundys learned of there existence.

The Circles were a sub group of the Order who were Masters of blood, death, soul, and life magicks. Having achieved the near immortality in the days after the Sorcerer Wars they kept to themselves but adopted traditions that later influenced the Druids. The four types of the Circles were Balanced, Blood, Death and Carnal based on which sources of energy favored. There are several rumors of the various types having different falls becoming legends in the Orient. The blood drinking Gaki, the Incubus and Succubus and other legends have come from this sub group. Heavily hunted during the Inquisition by mundanes and magical beings alike because of the serpent ties and powers few Circles remained intact in Europe. The Circles in the Americas had felled with the arrival of the Conquistadors. The gods of the Maya are believed to be either of the Circles or one of the various types of vampires due to the preoccupation with blood. However, some anthropologists have suggested that Lord Oroborus was the source for Quetzalcoatl, but no one has been willing to directly ask him to either prove or disprove the rumor. It has been verified that they were planning to offer membership after he had become of age.

Journeyman Horus has led a long and interesting career in such a short time. With his disappearance much speculation on the future of Squad Five has occurred. Rumor of Master Kando having to replace his best student led to speculation on what he had taught his student in addition to whatever his father and his associates have taught him.

The roster for Squad Five was the following:

Horus: Squad Leader, Lightning and Shadow Stylist, Journeyman Sorcerer. Fifteen years old.

Manix: Squad Captain, 2IC, Fire Stylist, Warlock, Battle magic specialist. Nineteen years old.

Kat: Earth Stylist, Were-Cat, Apprentice Sorceress, Hand to Hand Specialist. Seventeen years old.

Mark: Water Stylist, Chi-Mage/Practitioner, Potion/Healer specialist. Twenty three years old.

Tobias: Air Stylist, Day Vampire, Illusion/Traps specialist. Forty-two years old.

The modern teams have a neural communications interface added to provide a better silent communication than the previous comms in the past to combat the heightened senses of there prey.

It is hoped that he eventually returns from wherever the Rian had gone. Our wished are with him wherever he has gone. Come home safe Horus we need you back home.


--- Marissa Stead, New London Times August 2, 2194.
Sign up to rate and review this story