Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Just the beginning

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 2 reviews

Skyler gets ready for the best night of her life

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-01-28 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 1714 words

0Cliche
Okay before you read this, just keep in mind this is taking place about a year after FUCT came out and the ages don’t match the years exactly, but it’s my story so I’ll do what I want =] Yeah, and I’ll also try to update this every couple of days I already have about 7 chapters written lol, so if I stop uploading chapters then it’s because I’m writing. Well enjoy! =]

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Today just happened to be the best day of Skyler’s life. Well as good as it gets. She attending one of the best concerts she’s ever been to. That doesn’t really say much considering she’s only been to one other concert before, which wasn’t really even a concert. So Skyler was pretty psyched for tonight.

Right now she was getting ready. She had just gotten out of the shower and was tearing apart her closet and dresser drawers trying to find something to wear. She knew she defiantly wasn’t going to be one of the people caught wearing a band tee of one of the same bands playing that night, so that eliminated half of her wardrobe. She had other shirts she could wear though, so it wasn’t exactly the end of the world.

After another half an hour of looking through her clothes, Skyler decided she would wear a black tee with white & red skulls on it, covered by a black vest with a red skinny tie around the neck. As for her bottoms, she had decided on a pair of red skinny jeans and a studded belt.

Skyler then headed to her bathroom to do something with her hair. This was probably more difficult for her than picking out her outfit for the night. She had long, thin, black hair with multi-colored streaks of colors mixed in. She blow dried her hair while thinking about what to do with it for the night. She soon decided on putting her hair in the back up in a tight bun, leaving the sides and her bangs hanging. She combed her bangs to the side, like always, and just left the rest of her hanging on the side of her head.

Once she played with her hair for a little longer she took out her make-up. Skyler wasn’t the make-up type of girl most of the time. But when she did put on make-up she made it look pretty good. She grabbed some black eyeliner and traced some around her eyes. She put on a little more than necessary, but it still looked great. She smeared it a little for effect and then she was done.

She finished getting ready for the night by grabbing her black low top converse and putting those on over her socks. Her socks were mix-matched black and red. Skyler was one of those girls who loved accessories and loved everything to match. Once her converse were on her feet, she skipped over to her jewelry box. It wasn’t a big one, but it held everything just fine. She looked around in it for awhile and decided on a pair of black skull earrings and some red and black beaded necklaces’ along with a charm bracelet she got from her mother for her 17th birthday right before she died.

Skyler missed her mom like crazy, she had been the only one who was always there for her. They were best friends, they listened to the same music and everything. If her mom were still alive right now then she would be going to the concert with her instead of her dad just taking her and dropping her off. Skyler wasn’t a big fan of her dad, she never had been. He was always drinking, and his drinking frequency just increased after her mom’s death.

“Skyler! Get down here if you want to go to that concert!” Her dad yelled from downstairs. Usually people called just referred to her as ‘Sky’ her dad was the only one to call her Skyler, well when he was sober. Usually when he wasn’t sober it would just be ‘girl’. She did like her name though, but most of the time it was just easier to pronounce for people.

At least her dad wasn’t drunk yet. She grabbed her red Fall Out Boy hoodie and her tickets, along with her meet & greet pass. She was psyched she was going to meet them, they were her heroes and most likely the only reason she stayed around after her mom’s death.

Flashback

Skyler was alone at her house on her bathroom floor. She was miserable and crying. Her mom’s death was just 3 days ago and she already couldn’t deal with it. She had a sharp razor blade on the floor, she was deciding if she really wanted to do this. Skyler wasn’t usually the type of girl to go to such extremes. But her mom’s death and her dad’s increased drinking were just a hit below the belt.

Finally deciding that she was going to do this, she grabbed her Zune and turned it on shuffle. She decided if she was going to do this then she would do it while listening to the only thing that gave her peace, music.

She grabbed for the razor and clutched it in her hand, not enough to break skin, but still enough to feel the pain.

That’s when the song that saved her life came on. The song was “I’ve got a dark alley and a bad idea that says you should shut your mouth (summer song)” by Fall Out Boy came on. It was from their new-ish record that just came out a couple of months ago. Her mom had bought her the CD From Under The Cork Tree for no reason except for their similar tastes in music.

She wasn’t sure what it was, but as she gripped the razor tighter and it started to break skin and she felt the tears rushing out of her eye, that’s when she knew she couldn’t go through with it. It wasn’t because of the pain, but because she knew she had to keep moving on, for her mom if no one else.

End Flashback

From that moment on is when Fall Out Boy became her favorite band. It wasn’t just because they were an awesome band, or because they happened to be the band that pretty much saved her, but it was because it was the last thing that she felt connected her to her mom. Even a little over a year later, she still admires them as her heroes.

She was now in the car with her dad. She never really remembered getting in the car, but that’s what usually happened when she was deep in thought, she never seemed to remember doing things it was as if she were just a life-less body. In Skyler’s opinion, her mind was a scary place, she didn’t like it there so she tried to keep out of deep thoughts like those as often as possible.

Soon enough she was at the venue. She was excited, no she was more than excited she was ecstatic. She got out of the car, with not so much as a ‘goodbye’ to her dad and ran up to the venue. There weren’t many people there yet. Skyler looked at her cell phone and it read exactly 6:30, the concert didn’t start till 8:00.

She dug around in her red and black plaid tote bag for her Zune, it was similar to the IPod that pretty much everyone had. The only difference was that the Zune had a radio and used wi-fi connections to access the marketplace, as well as other things. Another difference was not many people had a Zune, which is why Skyler had decided to get it. She was the type of person who liked to be different, so she did this in as many ways as possible; which would explain the multi-colored streaks of color in her hair.

So as Skyler made her way to the nearly empty line, she turned on her Zune and let herself get lost in the music blasting through her headphones. There were only about 10 people at most in front of her, so she was happy she would get a chance to be close up to the stage.

Skyler was the type of person who didn’t listen to the bands she was going to see at a concert, before the concert actually began. It was something else she did that reminded her of her mom. At their first concert they didn’t listen to the bands that were playing that night at all during the day. They did this because her mom believed it was bad luck, so Skyler decided to do the same for this concert. She had made a whole playlist that contained songs that weren’t by Fall Out Boy, Cobra Starship, or The Academy Is... It was rather difficult considering that was about 25% of the music on her Zune, but she knew it would be worth it.

As the song “Re-Education Through Labor” by Rise Against came on, more people were starting to arrive. That’s when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

Skyler turned around to see a girl dressed in a black tee covered by a purple hoodie with grey skinny jeans and black high top converse.

“I like your hoodie.” The girl said.

“Oh thanks,” Skyler said “I’m going to ask Fall Out Boy to sign it tonight.”

“Really? You’re going to meet them?” She asked with a surprised look on her face.

“Yeah.”

“Wow, lucky.” The girl said and turned back around to her friends.

Skyler looked at her cell phone again to see what time it was. The phone read 7:15. Only 45 more minutes, Skyler thought to herself.
Sign up to rate and review this story