Categories > Books > Harry Potter > If Wishes Were Hippogriffs

A New Age

by PerfesserN 34 reviews

Harry and the Coven are well situated to foster real and lasting reforms in the Magical World. It's good to be the Warlock

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione,Professor McGonagall - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2009-02-06 - Updated: 2009-02-07 - 7923 words - Complete

5OOC
Chapter 37 - The New Age

Quick note, be sure to catch the Omake at the end of this chapter, you'll be glad you did!

N!

Harry woke to the familiar sounds and smells of the Hospital Wing at his beloved Hogwarts. He was about to speak, or try to speak, when he heard urgent whispering from the other side of his privacy curtain.

"...just don't know... could be poisonous to him now... no... core."

Luna spoke in a natural voice. "He's awake. Ican feel him eavesdropping."

The curtain was thrown back and Luna and Hermione, followed by Poppy and Pansy, surrounded his hospital bed. Millicent, who stood a full head and shoulders taller than the rest, stood behind Poppy. It was obvious that all the girls, except Luna, had been crying, Hermione more than any of them.

Hermione knelt by his bed, devastated, "Oh, Harry, we didn't want to leave you like that, please, try to understand, we c-couldn't resist the Presence..."

Harry tried to speak, but felt as though someone had poured sand down his throat.

Luna bent down to kiss Harry lightly on his dry, chapped lips, then asked, "How about a nice herbal tea with honey and lemon?"

Harry nodded and tried to get up, but winced in pain. His right shoulder was heavily bandaged and he couldn't move his right arm at all.

Luna and Poppy helped him sit up as Pansy tipped the warm tea to his lips.

The tea seemed to dissolve the grit in Harry's mouth and throat, "Oh," he managed to croak. "That's marvelous, thank you."

Then he looked at the heavy bandages on his arm in confusion.

He'd had broken limbs before - hell, he'd had to have all the bones in his entire right arm re-grown before, but this was the first time since entering the magical world he'd been in a cast.

"You see, dear, we're afraid to give you any potions, which might speed the healing process, because, well-"

Hermione stepped up. "What Poppy is saying, sweetheart, is that potions don't always work with, um, people with little or no magical ability." The last words came out as a hiccoughing choke and she began to cry again.

"So. . ." Harry rasped, then gratefully accepted another sip of tea, "So I'm a, what? A muggle - or maybe a squib?"

Luna dabbed his chin with a flannel, "Only witches have magic anymore, Harry."

He laid his head back on his pillow and said,"Oh, is that all?"

Then Harry slept.

All the Witches in the room looked puzzled, except for Luna, who smiled enigmatically.

"Sleep, dear." Poppy said, placing a tender kiss on his forehead. "Right now, it's the best medicine I can offer you."

)O(

When Harry woke, he noticed the sun was low in the west. It had been just after dawn when we woke before. His throat was dry, again, and he was burning with fever.

"We don't have the luxury of waiting any longer. His infection is getting worse, and Doctor Marsh says it'll be amiracle if he keeps the arm."

"Don't I get a say?" Harry managed to whisper.

The Coven Witches who were in the infirmary gathered around his bed, some looked like they were trying desperately to be brave for him, and failing miserably.

Luna held his left hand, "Harry, we have both magical and Muggle healers here, all of whom seem to have different opinions about the best way to treat you."

"What are my options?" he rasped, his voice abit stronger.

"If we let the mundane healers, the Doctors, take you to their hospital, they say they can treat the fever with antibiologics."

"Antibiotics," Hermione corrected between sobs.

"Yes, those anti things, but they say that you'll never have the use of your right arm again, even if they can save it."

"The magical healers are of two minds. Some say we should treat the wound as we would a curse, that is, use counter-curses to try to reverse the injury. This could restore the damaged muscles and tendons. Some of our healers want to give you a dose of Reset. That's the potion that rebuilds your body from the inside out. Problem is, the potion and the spells that go along with it are dependent upon the patient's magical core for efficacy."

"/Efficacy/, is that a real word, Luna?"

"Yes, it is." she said brightly. "I know you are attracted to intelligent women so I've been building my vocabulary."

"It's true, the smarter the better, and right now you're scary smart and I love you all the more for it."

An amethyst crystal pulsed twice.

Poppy stood so quickly that the chair in which she'd been sitting skidded across the floor. "Harry, what just happened?"

"Nothing, love, I was just telling our Luna how much I adore her."

The crystal pulsed again.

"Expecto Patronum!"

The living caduceus that was Poppy's Patronus formed in the air before her. "Gather all the witches, all who love Harry, and hurry."

The winged serpent nodded her scaly head and flew from the room.

Poppy placed her hands on either side of Harry's face, "My Lord, my love, my husband, how much do you love me and our two daughters?"

The amethyst began to pulse, in a staccato rhythm.

"Daughters?"

"Yes, Harry, our daughters. We're having twins. I wanted to tell you before, but we had so much to be getting on with that the time just wasn't right."

Soon all the witches were in the infirmary, all those who wanted to support Harry, if not marry him outright as well.

"How many of us carry Harry's children?"

Minerva stepped forward.

"Minnie?" Harry smiled.

"Yes, milord, a son, and high time, too."

Millicent stepped up.

"Millie?"

"Oh yes, Harry, please, it's all right, innit? He'll be our little boy."

The crystal no longer beat a rhythm; it hummed and glowed brighter and brighter.

Pansy stepped up. "I got mine when you were in the hospital the last time. A girl."

Hermione stepped up. "I'm not pregnant yet, Harry, but I love you with all my heart and want to be the mother of your children."

The mundane doctors looked about. "What's happening here?"

Luna explained. "We all joined our magic to Harry's when we pledged ourselves to him. In effect, we've been sharing the same magical core with our Coven Sisters, and now each of us is contributing as much as we can to rekindle his magic."

Luna raised her voice. "All Witches present, Coven or not, do you love Harry?"

The room reverberated with, "Aye!"

"Think of your Witches, Harry. Every one of them; Su, Trish, Alicia, Angelina, all your Vipera and your Leaenae, Poppy and the Witches who have come just to love you. Bask in their love and return it in equal measure."

The crystal glowed so brightly that it became impossible to look upon. Poppy had to put it back into its wooden box, lest it blind them all.

Harry's favorite nurse placed a golden beaker to his lips, saying, "Sip now, small sips until it's all gone."

Harry did, then slipped back into unconsciousness.

)O(

When he opened his eyes again he was looking into the large, brown eyes of a little girl with thick, black hair and Mediterranean complexion.

"Hello." Harry said, smiling.

"Hi." The little girl's smile was brilliant, and showed nearly all of her bright, straight teeth.

"'Hi' yourself... do I know you?"

"Not really, but you know my Mommies."

Harry tried to shake the cobwebs out of his head, but found he couldn't. Also, the shaking of the head part? Bad idea.

"I'm Harry."

"I'm Amber."

"Pleasure to meet you, Amber."

"Glad to meet you."

A pleasant voice with an American accent, to match his daughter's, called from the door. "Amber, Sweetheart?"

"Mr. Potter needs his rest, Tatlem."

"Okay, Daddy. Gotta go, Harry, see ya."

Poppy entered and checked Harry's vitals. Smiling, she announced, "Have a decent breakfast and you can free up this bed for someone who may need it, dear."

They had a typical English breakfast delivered by ecstatic house elves. Word had spread like wildfire that the Dark Lord was well and truly dead. While the news was welcome, celebrations were somewhat subdued. Half the magical world had lost its magic, there were, in fact, no more wizards.

Poppy explained. "Harry, we're letting it be known that Voldemort allied himself with a powerful demon who, out of spite, robbed the Wizarding world of its magic.

"We may have hinted that you were responsible for the destruction of the demon, as well as Voldemort."

"Oh great... more fame."

Poppy wandlessly vanished the empty plates and trays from breakfast, "Come along, dear, we have a nice tub waiting for you."

She helped Harry out of bed and supported him as he got his 'land legs' back. After a few steps, he was able to walk unaided, but continued to hold onto her hand.

"You're not using a wand, Poppy."

The nurse smiled. "None of us use them anymore. When the Goddess reclaimed your magic... She, in fact, gave it to us."

"So, you don't need wands anymore?"

"No, Harry, they're just sticks."

Rounding the third floor corridor corner, they came to a door Harry recognized.

"The Prefect's bath?"

"One and the same, dear."

Upon entering, he was nearly bowled over by an enthusiastic Hermione and Padma, who wasted no time divesting Harry of his bathrobe and pajamas. For the first time ever, the prefect's bath was filled to capacity as the Coven Sisters, joined by Nymphadora Tonks, all luxuriated in the steaming, fragrant bubbles.

Winky sat with Jimmy and Lily, the first of what would be many Potter babies in the adjacent, shallow kiddies' bath.

Harry stepped carefully into the gloriously relaxing water and found the most comfortable lap in the world, his beloved Millie's.

Padma and Su washed his hair as the rest of the coven took turns kneading and relaxing muscles made sore by overexertion and then under use.

Poppy promised him a special massage once he felt up to it.

)O(

The next day Harry woke in his own bed, flanked by his 'chaser girls', Angelina and Alicia. They were all content to snuggle and cuddle; anything more strenuous would take a few more days.

When they finally emerged, Harry noticed that all his Coven Witches were in the great room of his Hogwarts apartment. All the Witches stood as he entered.

"Please, don't get up."

All the Witches knelt, with their heads bowed.

"Hermione, Minnie, Luna, Millie, all of you, what are you doing?"

"Hush, Harry, and listen carefully as we renew our vows."

"I," Each of the witches spoke their name simultaneously, "Do hereby pledge my loyalty, my life, my magic, all that I am, and all that I will ever be to my Lord, Harry James Potter. This I do swear on my life and on my magic, so mote it be."

"And I, Harry James Potter, do swear to love and cherish my Witches and ask; will you share my name, all that I am, all that I will ever have, all that I will ever be for as long as any of us walk this Earth?"

A resounding, "I will!" echoed in the great room.

Harry settled on his favorite couch, Hermione sat to his right, Myrtle to his left. The Coven Witches easily conjured comfortable chairs by simply wishing them into existence as they sat.

"Now, will someone please tell me what I've missed over these past few days? Be sure to use small words."

Luna began. "The Essence of Magic, in one form or another, has been around for fifty-thousand years, but it's only been the past five thousand years or so that men have been able to wield it.

"The original magic of the Earth is /creation/magic, specifically the ability to give life, and only women can do that."

"So," Harry interjected, "in times past, only the women were magical, not men?"

All heads nodded.

"So... how did wizards come to be?"

Padma explained, "Witches, or 'Wise Ones'were essential to the success of any communal group. Sometimes the Wise One of a clan or tribe wouldn't have a female offspring, so she would ask for, and usually get, special dispensation from the Mother Goddess to teach a son the ways of magic, and to share in equal parts her magical core."

"Too soon, apparently, these 'gifted' sons began to embody the male aspect into magic, aggression, destruction, subjugation. The nurturing matriarchal societies were replaced by domineering male oligarchies, self-perpetuating autocracies, if you will."

Minerva took over, "Thus began fifty centuries of dark times for witches. Oh, we've been treated better in the past fifty years or so, but my grandmother could tell you tales of the 'burning times', when tens of thousands of innocent women were tortured and killed on suspicion of witchcraft.

"Their crimes? They were guilty of being better at anything than a man, being literate, being a mid-wife, or simply being wise.

"Nearly all of the girls killed were either Muggles or squibs, no true magic wielder could be so easily caught or killed."

Hermione stood. "Last week the Mother Goddess said 'Enough!', and took back her magic." She took a deep breath as she concluded.

"Harry, there are no more wizards. Only Witches and Magicians."

"Magicians?"

"Charles Norwood is an example; you met his daughter, Amber."

"Yes."

Minerva explained, "Charles is Professor Sinestra's fiance, and is a music mage. He can do basic magic with music, levitate objects, and affect moods and the weather. We've never had a proper music program at Hogwarts, I thought it was high time we did. So I hired him, much to the delight of Professor Sinestra and his daughter."

"Music is nice, but getting back to the point, am I a squib or a muggle?" He looked hopefully to Hermione, "A magician, perhaps?"

Millicent gently placed her large hand on Hermione's shoulder and suggested, "Let's test your hypothesis, shall we?"

"Well, Minnie came up with the idea."

Minerva held up a scroll. "I don't really know whose idea it was, but when I lit this white candle, the words, 'A coven shares its magic, even with a gender-challenged squib' appeared on the parchment. You, Hermione dear, came up with the hypothesis."

Poppy looked concerned. "I still wonder who left you the parchment and candle... a seer, perhaps?"

"Harry," Hermione asked, "will you try something for me?"

"Sure."

She gave him his holly and phoenix-feather wand.

"Cast a spell, any spell."

He noticed a feather duster on an end table.

"Um, Wingardium Leviosa?"

A single feather detached itself from the duster and floated upward.

Shouts of "Yes!" punctuated the general applause in the room.

When the noise calmed down he sat down, "That wasn't very good, was it? I was trying to levitate the duster."

"In the land of the blind," Daphne said with a smile, "the one eyed man is king."

Luna smiled, "Harry, there are no wizards. Not anywhere. Not in Great Britain, the Continent, Asia or the Americas. There are no wizards on this entire planet..."

"Other than you." Daphne finished.

"Why me?"

"Because of our pledge, our magic is yours; you can draw from our magical cores."

"Does that mean men can become wizards again?"

A familiar voice answered from the open doorway, "In time, yes."

"Goddess!"

Astarte, fully restored to her proper size, rolled her eyes, "Please, please/, somebody/ call me by my name. It's not difficult to pronounce, 'Az-tar-tae', you can say it, or call me 'Az', or 'Tart', or 'Par-tay Tar-tay', oh... I like the sound of that!"

Hermione chided, "Focus, Astarte."

"Ah, yes. Harry, we were summoned to the Presence, the Mother Goddess, God, whatever you care to call her.

"She let her will be known to the 'One and Twenty', the Witches of the Covenant. Your witches, Harry."

Harry stood and Astarte gathered him in her arms and wings and wrapped her tail about his upper thighs, 'copping a feel'with the prehensile appendage.

After a long and satisfying kiss the goddess unwrapped herself from her lover, "Let's show him, sisters."

The goddess sat back in Harry's spot on the couch, pulling him down with her so that his back was to her front with him precariously perched on the front edge of the center cushion between Astarte's legs.

"Lean back, baby. I promise you, I can take your weight."

He did and sighed, "Oh, Goddess, this feels marvelous."

Astarte beckoned her sisters to join them, taking Hermione in her right hand, and Myrtle in her left.

"Join hands, Sisters-in-love, we're going to take a little trip."

Together with Harry and the goddess, twenty-one Coven Sisters formed a large circle in the great room. As each Witch grasped another's hand she entered dreamscape.

)O(

Harry, Astarte and the coven stood on the rise of a grassy hillock overlooking the sea. It was dawn, and they should have felt chilled, but the air was warm. The grass beneath their feet felt like soft carpet. If anyone noticed they were naked no one cared, this was /their/place, and it was right and natural that they be so.

Their attention was drawn to the top of the hillock, where a lone figure, silhouetted by the sun rising behind her, walked toward them.

Astarte and the Witches lowered their eyes, not daring to look upon the Presence. Harry watched as the figure came into focus.

"Mum?"

"This is not my true form, Blessed Son. No mortal can gaze upon my true self and live."

Harry lowered his eyes.

"Harry, Sisters of the Covenant, you can look upon me."

As one they raised their heads.

"You have questions, now is the time for answers."

Harry asked the first question, "Why me, God?"

"That is the question asked by every one of my children, through all the ages, some because they feel they are being punished for the sins of others, some because they feel burdened by impossible expectations. Why do you ask, my Son?"

"I just want to know why I'm allowed magic, when so many others, better wizards, better /men/, are left powerless, reduced to Muggles and Squibs."

"A fair question, my Son. First, I note that your objection has to do with a perceived injustice to others, not yourself."

"Well, to be perfectly frank, ma'am, it seems a very harsh punishment. You've stripped the magic from every male on the planet, bar one, for the actions of a tiny fraction. It doesn't seem fair."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

"And I can understand that point, but it wasn't only good men who did nothing... the vast majority of magical people - men and women - weren't prepared to fight. It seems that, while it was a Dark Lord who was misusing magic, most of the women were prepared to'pass the buck' to me and my coven. They were all unwilling to fight for their way of life."

"I can understand your point, my son. However, it was men who created the destructive magicks, and it is men who must pay the price for their gender's hubris."

Seeing the futility of trying to debate God, Harry tried another tack, "There were female Death Eaters, too."

"I do concede that point, my son, but, of the Death Eaters, virtually none of them embraced the ideals. The rest were coerced by their male counterparts."

Harry tried yet another tack. "If there are no wizards, the magical populations of the world, in every country, will quickly die out. The magical race will end with the current generation."

"Only if all the witches in the world choose celibacy - the children of witches will be magical."

Harry's eyes narrowed. "And of the children to the witches, will they all be gifted with magic, or just the daughters?"

"I allowed my witches a choice, once, and I will again. But not until every wizard of this generation has passed on."

"That could take over two hundred years!"

"What would you suggest, my Son?"

"How about a little Divine Justice?" Harry proclaimed instantly. "Those who misuse their powers should have appropriatejudgments made against them. Temper the punishments. If /anyone/abuses magic, they should lose their powers. It doesn't matter if they're male or female. An abuser should be punished.

"I've noticed that magical folk tend to be lazy, not having to put out any real effort for their own comfort and safety. Magic, like learning, should best serve those willing to work, and to work hard for the benefits."

"You would have a Magical Meritocracy."

"Yes, Goddess. For lack of a better phrase, that seems... fair."

The image of Lily Evans Potter smiled and leaned forward to kiss Harry's forehead, her judgment made.

"There will be a penance, my son. For the next twenty of your years, no male, bar yourself, will be able to access my gift. After that time, witches will again be free to share their magical hearts, what you call their 'cores', with those they love; their husbands, fathers and sons, indeed, any they find worthy. Those who choose to misuse my gift, whether witch or wizard, will find themselves cut off from magic forever."

"Thank you, Goddess. That is more than fair."

Hermione gasped, "Harry, your scar!"

He reached up to the familiar spot on his forehead and felt - nothing, just the smooth skin of his forehead.

The image of the Goddess smiled and glowed with increasing intensity until no one in the circle could bear to look upon her, and when the light finally faded the Coven was back in the Hogwarts apartment.

)O(

Harry thought carefully before speaking. "I think... maybe... we'd better keep this to ourselves, at least for now... don't you think?"

Luna smiled, holding up the parchment that Minerva had read from earlier.

"Someone or something wanted it known that there was one wizard left in the world. Think of the chaos that would ensue if this became common knowledge."

"Oh, definitely, Harry." Minerva agreed,"There are hundreds of thousands of newly formed squibs all over the world that are now completely dependent on the generosity of witches, many of whom were used and abused by these same ex-wizards.

"The magical government of Great Britain is being re-organized by Minister Bones as we speak. Any offices that require the use of magic for normal day-to-day operations are now being run exclusively by witches.

"New positions are being thought up so that former wizards with proven administrative abilities will man the bureaucracy, but all positions of authority will be in the hands of witches."

"Is that why you're the Headmistress, Minnie?"

Minerva nodded.

"And Dumbledore?"

"Albus will teach History of Magic. Professor Binns has finally realized that he's, well, history."

"Will we still be Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry?"

"Sadly, no, we'll be Hogwarts School of Magic."

Harry smiled. "That would always have been abetter name for it, anyway."

With a slightly watery smile, Minerva continued. "Boys will be allowed to take courses of study that don't require magical talent: Herbology, Potions, History, Astronomy and Arithmancy, but again, any practical work will have to be done by witches.

"Some magicians will be able to set runes, but they will have to be paired with a witch to power them. Others, like Professor Norwood, will have a magician's gift. However, there will be no true wizards for twenty years."

"Except me."

"Except you."

Hermione placed a gentle hand on Harry's arm,"Let's not let that Kneazle out of the bag, then, all right?"

"Hmm... changing the subject, might I suggest we teach other subjects? Math, Science, English literature, Muggle History and some practical, life-skills classes like bookkeeping and other business courses?"Harry asked.

Minerva smiled. "Hermione already suggested that, and we have all agreed."

"Well, the Dark Lord is dead; witches now run the magical world. What can I do to help?"

"Exercise, eat right and keep your mind and body active because you have twenty-two witches to keep happy."

"Twenty-three."

Nymphadora Potter, nee Tonks stepped forward,"I've pledged my life and my magic to you, stud, and when you asked I said 'I will'."

Minerva sighed. "It's been a long war, Harry. Magical Britain has suffered more than most, there's a new millennium just around the corner and we're going to need you to help us get our numbers back up to strength."

Harry stood at attention, performed a snappy salute and said, "Yus ma'am, roit away ma'am!"

)O(One Year Later)O(

Harry walked through Diagon Alley with his standard escort, two witches in front, two in back and one watching from adistance while disillusioned. He wasn't in fear of his life, but so many witches had come to petition for themselves, or their daughters, and in some cases, both, - begging for magical children from the "Chosen One."

He sent them all away, gently, reminding them that they were the magical ones, and that their children, all their children, in time, could be magical. His powers, thanks to the sterling efforts of the coven, were back to their pre-ritual strength. He was as he had always been; just Harry, most powerful Warlock in history, and now, the only one in the world. Of course, Harry had the common decency, and common sense, to not let that little fact become public knowledge.

"No sense rubbing everyone's noses in it."

The shops that were doing a booming business were those that had managed to get in touch with their feminine sides. The newest racing brooms were exciting colors, like Deep Plum. Cleansweep had abroom that would automagically match the rider's nail varnish.

Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes was doing a bang-up job, mostly because the twins were still among the best potions brewers in the world, any items that needed to be enchanted were handled by the lead witch on the Weasley payroll, Mrs. Katie Weasley, nee Bell. No one knew if she was married to Fred or George, as she was equally affectionate to both. It was noted in several pub conversations that, Mrs. Katie Weasley seemed to "Go about with a perpetual smile on her face."

To quote Katie; "We're happy and it really isn't anyone's business what we get up to in our own home after business hours."

Sirius attended meetings of the Magical Governing body, the Magigamot, but, since few men were in positions of authority in the government, things were running so smoothly that he found it adreadful bore. So he passed his duties and responsibilities to his wife, the Lady Jennifer Black, nee Jones.

Remus Lupin never had to dread the full moon again; his lycanthropy completely controlled by one annual wolfsbane injection, developed by Severus and Narcissa Snape, both of whom were awarded Orders of Magic for their innovations.

On the down side, Remus' condition left him sterile. But when Millicent went into labor, her mother Margaret stood by her side- along with her husband, her gentle werewolf. Benjamin Remus Potter had the two proudest grandparents in the world.

Within the year there had been six more Potter babies, and, in years to follow there would be many, many more.

)O(

One sunny afternoon in August of 2009, twenty-nine year old Harry Potter stood on top of the astronomy tower watching his daughters flying with their friends, some of whom flew pillion with brothers or boyfriends.

He looked pensive.

"Knut for your thoughts, Harry?" Astarte asked.

He gathered her in a tight embrace, caressing her taught, very pregnant belly where two more Potters waited to greet the world.

"I've truly enjoyed my life, my love, but sometimes, I wish that it hadn't happened the way it did. I mean, most of the wizards I knew were hard working, family men who loved their wives and children and never hurt anyone. Why did Neville, Sirius or Arthur have to become squibs?"

The goddess smiled; she'd heard this particular rant before. "They're well looked after by their witches, Harry. They're still good men, and their wives and sweethearts have magic enough for them all.

"B'sides, in another few years, most of them will be wizards again."

"I know, I know, and for that, I'm grateful, but I still wish that it had turned out differently. The vast majority of people didn't deserve their fate. There must have been some middle ground. I only wish..."

"If wishes were hippogriffs..." the goddess began.

"Then beggars could fly?" Harry guessed.

Astarte snorted. "No, we'd be up to our arses in hippogriff shit."

The goddess took his hand and said, "C'mon baby, Tommy and Ginny are bringing their brood over later and we need to keep the girls from smothering them."

"Five boys in ten years, and twins on the way, Ginny said she was going to out-produce her mum. They'll have the makings of aQuidditch team this year."

"Mummy Goddess, Mummy Goddess!" Harry's first set of twins, Amphia and Zethia, were shouting as they ran up the tower stairs.

Astarte groaned, "I just can't get anyoneto call me by my name, can I?"

Amphia started, "You promised to help us with our, um, projects later!" She looked surreptitiously at her dad.

Zephia finished for her sister, "Well, it's later!"

Harry looked stern, "Do I want to know what manner of 'projects' our own Goddess of Sex is helping my thirteen-year-old daughters with?"

"Relax, lover, nothing that'll get them in trouble. B'sides, where would you rather they learn about love and sex, from some pimply, clueless, horny adolescent boy, or from me?"

"Well, don't be too long, we've just about got the olive oil in the tub to body temperature and I want to see if you're still double-jointed." He said, wiggling his eyebrows.

Both of Poppy's twins screwed up their faces and cried, "Ew!"

Harry laughed, "Oh good, you're still my baby girls!"

"Daddyyyyyyy!"

"You go on ahead, ladies, I'll just be up here a bit longer."

The Lord Harry Potter-Slytherin smiled and looked out across the green lawns of Hogwarts.

Luna and Hermione were having a heated discussion in the shade of the gently undulating Caressing Willow. They were, no doubt, debating the existence of some possibly hitherto imaginary creature.

Alicia and Angelina were running the Quidditch girls through their paces.

Millicent held a Thestral steady so that their son, Benjamin, could mount up and fly alongside his broom-riding sisters, a true act of faith as Benji couldn't actually see the winged equine.

Dora was doing 'nose tricks' that never failed to delight the gaggle of kids who followed her everywhere.

Magical Britain had become, in just over ten years, a well-run, peaceful and powerful matriarchal society. A world where there was, at least the potential for true equality. In time, with the correct guidance from both witches and wizards, it would become just that.

But that time was not today. For the moment, Harry had to consider the simple fact: All the magic in the world was in the hands of witches and one Warlock - and he was the Warlock.

Hr laughed, and thought, not for the first time, It's good to be the Warlock.

)O(

A/N: "Tatlem" is a Turkish endearment; the closest translation is "Sweetheart."

It must be said, this chapter was /not/written in response to any criticism, the story was always going to end this way, with the power going into the hands of those who would best use it. This was what the prophecy meant way back in Chapter 9 when it proclaimed, "One and twenty maidens shall lift up their arms and together they will destroy magic in order to save it."

Thus endeth the tale.

First and foremost, let me say that I love Jo Rowling. She is a world builder of unparalleled skill. I've devoured her works and have happily stood in line for hours leading up to midnight for the privilege of staying up the rest of the night so that I could read her latest in one sitting.

I may disagree with canon pairing(s), but Iwill defend to the death the author's right to pair whomever she wants. It's her world, after all.

In my alternate universe Harry is lucky beyond his wildest dreams, surrounded by friends, lovers and family. He also lives the fantasy life of a feverishly hormonal teenaged male. It is, indeed, good to be the Warlock.

Also, in my AU, lasting changes come to the Magical world. In JKR epilogue, I was struck by the fact that nothing seems to have changed in the "Wizarding" world - and some people call me sexist -old house rivalries are intact, indeed, perpetuated by the redheaded git who has to resort to magic to pass his muggle driver's exam. Draco, marked Death Eater, continues on like nothing ever changes.

And wait, Hermione, our brilliant, independent Hermione is a housefrau out of a 50s sitcom?

I love you, Jo. I always will. But I love my wife too, and we have disagreements. Doesn't mean I don't love and support her, it just means we have our own opinions.

In my opinion, the fight to defeat Riddle was just the beginning - the real fight will be to change the attitudes and, for Hermione's sake, the priorities of the Magical world, otherwise, what's to stop the next dark lord from springing up, fully formed, from the ashes of the last?

Heartfelt thanks to grenouille7777 for beta efforts on chapter 37, and to Seel'vor for suggestions on making the last part of this chapter a bit more gender-neutral, you rock!

Whew!

This has been one of the strangest stories to ever happen to me. It was going to be a few chapters long, an exercise in smutty goodness, nothing more.

Then, without warning, a plot wormed its way into the story, until the smutty was completely taken over by the plotty.

Really, it was the attack of the fifty-foot plot bunny.

Thanx to all who read and reviewed.

Brightest Blessings and Love to you all!

Norman

)O(



Omake- when the previous chapter went out it created a bit of a stir on some message boards, I was declared sexist (read that as, gasp, /feminist/). Like that was supposed to be a bad thing. I'd "Screwed over Harry" with my blatant and biased feminism.

Some of the more vitriolic flames brought tears to my eyes - I was laughing so hard! I'd upset someone's world view and that felt good!

Before the publication of the final chapter some first-rate speculations were put forth, two of the best coming from Seel'vor, who graciously gave permission for me to add them as omake.

)O(

First Alternate ending

When Harry awoke, his body was screaming in agony from his wounds... and something else.

"Wha..." He swallowed, his mouth feeling incredibly dry. "Help..."

Poppy was at his side in a moment, helping him put on his glasses. "Here, Harry." She pushed a glass into his hands. "It's water. Drink."

Harry leaned forward, sipping the water, feeling the cool water fill his mouth."Poppy... what happened?"

With a sigh, Poppy Pomfrey sat on the edge of the bed. "What's the last thing you remember, Harry?"

He took a moment to think. "I... the coven... they chanted something at the horsemen... and then I felt... less."

"`Less'?" Poppy asked. "What do you mean?"

Harry paused, struggling for the words. "I feel... diminished. Like I'm not all here."

Poppy sighed again. "In a way, Harry... you're right. You're not all there. As of this moment... you, like every other male on this planet, are aMuggle."

Harry blinked. "Er... how can I be a Muggle?"

"The coven, Harry... they called upon the spirit of the Earth, the Mother Goddess, to strip the magic from those who're unworthy. Since it was men who caused most of the damage, its men who've lost their gifts."

"All men?" Harry asked, feeling an uncharacteristic anger fill himself. "All men lost their magic?"

Poppy nodded sadly. "You have no more magic, Harry."

"But..." Harry was still in angered shock. "Why? What could Ihave done that could justify... that?"

From the doorway, one of the Coven spoke. "We had no choice, Harry." Hermione said sadly. "There was no other way."

Harry glanced at his coven... no... not his coven. As a Muggle, they were no longer his. "You know, Hermione... this came completely out of nowhere."

"I'm so sorry, Harry." Hermione said with a sniffle. "We couldn't think of another way."

The thought `you could have bloody looked!' ran rampant through Harry's mind, before he stamped it down. "So... what happens now?"

Hermione glanced at the rest of the coven. "You won't like the answer to that, Harry."

"Believe me, Hermione, I'm already not liking what's happened today." Harry snapped. "Tell me."

"You, and every other man, will be returned to the Muggle world, with charms in place to prevent you speaking about magic."

"What?" Harry was shocked. "But... you can't!"

"We have no choice, Harry." Myrtle said, stepping forward, Harry's child in her arms. "No male can be allowed to stay in the magical world."

"But... my children..." Harry stammered, looking at the little bundle of joy that he and Myrtle had created.

"They'll stay with us." Hermione said sadly. "They can't be allowed to be corrupted by any male. Even you, Harry."

"You can't!"

"There's more, Harry." Pansy said, the Vipera clearing her throat sadly. "Nothing of the magical world can be allowed to pass on to the Muggle world. All monies, property and relics must be surrendered to the witches before you're all banished."

Harry growled for a moment. "So... you all end up with my money, property and children, and leave me to fend for myself in the Muggle world, knowing what I've left behind?"

"I'm truly sorry, Harry." Hermione said, drawing her wand. "I didn't want to do this, but there's no choice. I'll always love you, Harry."

The coven each offered their ex-Warlock their heartfelt love, before Hermione stepped forward. "You'll never be able to remember this, Harry. And for that... I'm sorry. /Obliviate/."

)O(

A Slightly weird and sinister version of Chapter 37:

Harry woke up in the medical tent, feeling an intense pain and an overwhelming sense of loss. He looked around, wondering why he was alone.

"P-Poppy?" He called hoarsely, coughing as his dry throat protested.

He smiled when she walked in, but the smile slowly crumbled as he saw the hard look on her face. "Poppy... are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She replied brusquely, staring at him with disgust and loathing.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing... now." Poppy replied, slowly drawing her wand."How're you feeling, /my love/?"

Inside Harry's mind, a red-alert klaxon began sounding. This was /not/right. "I'm... in quite a bit of pain, to be honest."

"Good." Poppy replied simply. "As you should be."

"Eh?" Harry blinked stupidly for a moment. "Why..." He shook his head. "I'm sorry, I don't quite understand. Doesn't your oath mean that you should stop people being in pain, not enjoy it?"

She shook her head slowly. "Things have changed now, Potter."

The loathing in her voice, not to mention the fact that she'd called him by his surname, made his eyes narrow as what little remained of his reserves were called into play.

"Why do I get the feeling, Poppy, that there's more going on here than I've been told?"

Poppy sneered. "Because, for a /man/, you're not completely dense."

"Thank you." Harry snarked.

"You're lucky, Potter... you'll be the first to know."

"Wow... don't I feel special." Harry replied sarcastically. "And what will I be the first to know /of/?"

"The end of your gender. As of this moment, there are no wizards. After almost five thousand years, magic has been reclaimed by those who should have it; the witches."

"Hmm..." Harry nodded as he reached for his wand. For some reason, the wand felt different. The normal warm glow of his magic was gone... but there was something else there... something new and different, yet still familiar and comfortable. "And why are there no wizards?"

A loud `crack', the sounds of multiple apparitions, sounded from outside the tent. Almost immediately, the flaps opened, revealing Harry's coven. Well... /ex/-coven, he supposed.

"Ah, it's awake." Hermione said with a sneer. "Hello, /lover/."

"Hermione." Harry said, slowly hauling himself out of bed."Well... would you care to tell me more about this... plot?"

The expression on Hermione's face was completely new to him. He'd never seen such... malevolence there before. "Yes... I think that'd be wise, really." She waved her wand, forcing Harry back onto a chair painfully."Get comfortable, you misogynistic prick. You're not going anywhere.

"Throughout history, up to five thousand years ago, magic was controlled by women. The only people who could use the power responsibly. Then, a foolish woman gifted the knowledge of magic to the men. And from that time... we were subjugated. Men tried to rule us. Control us. We swore, from that day, that we would take back what was ours."

Harry listened, nodding slightly. "I see... if all this happened fifty centuries ago, how do you know about it?"

"Every witch since then has been indoctrinated with the truth, Potter." McGonagall said, stepping forward. Her wand was aimed squarely at Harry's chest, no quiver in her hand. "We have been preparing for the day when we would take back our power."

"Your power?" Harry asked, closing his eyes as he concentrated on the strange feeling in his chest. He recognised it now for what it was; `the power the Dark Lord knows not'. A gift from the universe. And a way out of this mess. Quickly experimenting, he created an apparition field in his magical core, holding it there in preparation.

"Yes. Our power." Hermione stepped forward. "The women of the world will take back our rightful place, and put you pricks back where you belong; in the dirt."

Harry stood up, smirking at Hermione. "Really... every witch in the world, and no wizards... bar one."

Hermione frowned. "There are no wizards, Potter. Just us, now... you're nothing more than cattle, to do with as we wish."

"Oh... I love it when you're wrong, Hermione." Harry said, allowing the apparition field to rise to the surface. "But, thank you for telling me. Now I know what has to be done." He vanished with a `pop'.

Hermione turned to McGonagall. "He... he apparated."

Another figure entered the tent, a six-foot Amazon with red hair and green eyes. "You will find him, my children." Astarte said firmly, all traces of happiness and love gone. "You will find him, and you will bring him back to me."



Harry expected to reappear in Diagon Alley, and was shocked as hell to discover that he was in the middle of nowhere. Around him was a bright, brilliant bright light. "Hello?"

"Harry Potter." A voice, that was more than a voice, called out to him. "Approach me, Harry Potter."

Feeling more than a little daunted, Harry stepped forward. The bright light coalesced into a figure of unspeakable beauty. It was androgynous, but Harry couldn't stop the physical reaction that happened in his pants. "Er... hello?"

"Peace be with you, Harry Potter."

"It doesn't appear to be..." Harry muttered, feeling his knees give out as he stared at the figure. "I'm sorry... but who are you?"

"I am the One, Harry Potter. I made you... the planet you stand on, the air you breathe. I believe your culture has referred to me by many names over the eons. Your current religion would refer to me as `God'."

"Oh..." Harry said stupidly. "Nice to meet you?"

"Most who look upon me go insane. You are different."

"Story of my life..." Harry muttered.

"By now, you have noticed the betrayal."

"Most definitely."

"Your witches are still yours, Harry Potter, but the one you call`Astarte' is not what she appears to be. She is a demon, not an Angel. She calls herself the `Saint of Women', but she is cruel and manipulative. She has been working on this plan for almost six millennia. At the moment, she has managed to tilt the balance of power to her controlled women."

"That I noticed. But, if they've stripped every male of his power... why do I still have mine?"

"You are unique in the multiverse. Your power does not come from magic alone. You have access to the fundamental powers of the multiverse. You can call upon it as you wish. This is what prophecy called `the power the Dark Lord knows not'."

"Dumbledore said it was love... the love for my witches."

"Dumbledore is a fool. You found your own way to channel those energies. At the moment, that door is closed to you, but where one door closes, another opens."

Harry frowned. "So, what do I do? I mean... there are no more wizards. No magic... and it seems every witch will be against me. Can I fix this?"

"You not only can fix this, but you /must/. The world must be in balance. Neither man nor woman must be allowed to control the other. It will be up to you to find a way."

Harry just blinked. "You want mayo on that?"

"You have power, Harry Potter. You must find your own way of solving this conundrum."

"At the risk of being rude, if you're God, can't you fix this?"

"With the power Astarte now controls through the witches and the reclaimed magic, she could possibly challenge me for dominance. I cannot help in this matter."

"Wha..." Harry shook his head. "If Astarte now has enough power to challenge God, what the hell hope do I have?"

"You have knowledge and power, Harry Potter. You, and you alone, are the only one capable of ending this threat to reality."

"Well... shit."

Author's final note.

YES, yes, yes, I know that having the female of the species rule the magical world will not produce the Utopian society suggested in this story. There are evil women in the world, I know, I've dated some of them. . . I know there is the possibility, maybe even the probability that witches, having been subjugated by their male counterparts, will retaliate - enslaving ex-wizards simply because they can.
However, having recently read Joseph Campbell's Love and the Goddess, I was struck by the simple question, "What if, rather than pray, Our Father, who art in heaven, we would pray, Our Mother, who art in heaven?"
Furthermore, do remember, part of Harry's deal with God, was that those who abuse and misuse the gifts of magic will lose them - whether witch or wizard.
Lastly, the purpose of this fic was to entertain - were you entertained? If so, then I did my job. My sub-plot was to provoke thought and possibly intelligent discussion. Apparently, this happened - with one or two trogs thrown in for spice.
Love it, hate it, doesn't matter. If you found it engaging enough to read and especially comment upon, then we have all fulfilled our roles.
Don't like it? Write your own. Put your own blood, sweat and tears on the boards.
Perhaps enough discussion will spawn a new set of stories.
That's all for now,
Brightest Blessings and Merry Partings.
Norman
Sign up to rate and review this story