Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hogwarts Exposed

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

by Neil 5 reviews

Hermione hasn't seen her two best friends in five years. Harry has been living a self-imposed exile in the Muggle world and Ron has been imprisoned in Azkaban. Her life is about to change dramatica...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Draco, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Snape - Published: 2006-03-22 - Updated: 2006-03-22 - 8988 words

3Original
Hogwarts Exposed Chapter Twenty

Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust

As soon as Harry opened the door he realized something was terribly wrong. Jamie was sitting in the corner crawled up in a ball, crying her eyes out. Harry ran immediately toward the emergency treatment room just as Madam Pomfrey was opening the door. Her eyes were red and when she saw Harry they filled with tears. "I'm sorry Harry. Please believe me, I did everything I could. Hermione was just too weak from all the injuries and the pneumonia. She lost the baby."

Harry turned as white as the new fallen snow that covered the Hogwarts grounds. "Hermione was pregnant? She never told me."

"It is possible she didn't even know herself for sure. In general, a miscarriage this early occurs because the pregnancy is not developing normally. I have no way to tell assertively whether her treatment while imprisoned was a factor or not."

Harry looked at Madam Pomfrey almost afraid to ask, "How is she now?"

"She is still in a coma. It's almost as if her body is frightened to awaken for fear she's still a captive."

Suddenly Harry remembered that Caitlin had been incurring Hermione's injuries and sharing her pain. "What about Caitlin? Did this effect her in any way?"

"Yes, but in a different way then previously. Caitlin clearly couldn't have a miscarriage, but did experience her first menstrual flow and with much more pain than would normally be the case."

"Is she also still in a coma? Harry questioned in a fretful manner."

"Yes. I, of course, can't be sure, but I feel strongly that Caitlin's body will continue to mimic Hermione's until a recovery takes place."

Harry looked optimistically at Pomfrey. "Does that mean they will both pull through?"

Pomfrey had a dismal expression on her face as she said, "I don't know Harry. I just don't know. They could come out of their comas in a few hours, a few days or it could be weeks." She then looked at Harry dejectedly. "Or they may never come out. We can just pray and wait."

"Harry." Madam Pomfrey nodded in the direction of the still crying Jamie. "She could use you right now. Hermione and her were quite close and she is very fond of Caitlin. You both could probably use a shoulder to cry on."

Without saying a word, Harry walked over and sat on the floor next to Jamie. He gently placed his arm around her shoulder as she buried her head in his chest. Harry leaned his chin on her head. Tears once again came to his eyes as he ever so tenderly caressed Jamie's back.

Severus Snape returned to the infirmary with Jamie's cleaned robes. Upon seeing Harry and Jamie crying in the corner of the room, he quietly laid the robes at the end of Caitlin's bed and went into the emergency treatment room to talk with Madam Pomfrey.

"What happened?" He asked in an apprehensive manner as soon as he entered the room.

"I'm sorry to say that the state of affairs has gotten even worse in your absence. Hermione has suffered a miscarriage. Possibly brought about by whatever tortures the poor girl was put through. It's amazing she has survived this long."

The Headmaster could sense grave concern in Pomfrey's voice. "Is she going to make it?

"It doesn't look good. A body is only so strong. Hers is trying to heal injuries while fighting pneumonia and now the miscarriage just added more pain and blood loss. She is extremely weak Were it not for the link to the young girl she would be dead."

"What of Caitlin?"

"If Hermione dies, so will she."

"Can't we do something to break the link; to save the girl?"

"Severus, I doubt we would be able to do so, but if we were successful it would be the same as killing Hermione. She has absolutely no chance of recovering without Caitlin's help. If only the girl was older and stronger."

"Have you ever seen anything like this before? Unquestionably many of our kind have Hyperempath powers, but to find them in one so young and to such a degree. I was always amazed at Hermione's abilities, but even she has to touch the person she is healing. Not only was Caitlin able to link without touching, but also she did it with Hermione's location not even known; possibly many miles away."

"Medical history talks of such healers, but I've not heard of any in our time. It will be a pity for such a gift to be lost."

Severus was dismayed at Pomfrey's words. "You don't seem very optimistic."

"I'm not. And the longer they remain in a coma, the greater the chance they will die."






Friday, January 30, 2004


Sometimes Jamie felt like she was the only one in Hogwarts besides Harry that loved and missed Caitlin and Hermione. Most of the student body had returned to business as usual while she continued to feel like her life had been ripped apart.

Morning running and exercising was practically non-existent now. Winter had previously dwindled their numbers, but now with Hermione and Caitlin absent, it seemed like everyone lost interest.

Classes weren't the same either. Harry was teaching, but DADA wasn't the same anymore. Before the kidnapping, he had made the class fun, now he just lectured. Jamie hadn't seen Harry smile once since the Yule Ball.

Even the other classes had changed; both Professors Longbottom and Malfoy were acting strange. Professor Longbottom seemed like he was preoccupied with other thoughts and Professor Malfoy seemed angry at the world

The class Jamie detested most was Transfiguration. It had been her favorite class, or maybe it was that Professor Granger was her favorite professor. Now it was just a class. Professor McGonagall had taken over and although she was an excellent teacher, she just wasn't Hermione.

Even Quidditch had lost its sparkle for Jamie. Gryffindor had played Hufflepuff last week and lost. It was Hufflepuff's first win and Jamie knew it was her fault. She just couldn't keep her mind on the game. Quidditch suddenly seemed so meaningless. She couldn't get her mind off of Hermione and Caitlin.

Madam Pomfrey had thought it would be a good idea to continue the night watches on her two patients. Although many students had volunteered and it wouldn't have been necessary, Jamie took a nightly shift. It was only two hours and Pomfrey changed her shift each night. She would probably have spent that long visiting anyway.

Harry hadn't been assigned any particular shift, but seemed to be filling them all. No matter what time Jamie was scheduled it seemed Harry was there either sitting with Hermione or Caitlin. Normally, a teacher would have been isolated in a separate room of the infirmary, but Hermione had been moved into the regular infirmary in a bed next to Caitlin at Harry's request.

Tonight, Jamie had the ten to midnight shift and was not in the least surprised to see Harry sitting holding Caitlin's hand as she entered the infirmary. "Has there been any change?" Jamie felt like she had asked that same question a million times.

She also heard the same response a million times. "No, I'm afraid not."

Jamie looked about the room. "Are you alone? Wasn't anyone scheduled before me?"

"Tony Marburger was here, but I sent him on his way a few minutes ago. He's a nice boy."

"Yes, he is." Jamie replied. "He and Amanda are dating."

"I remember seeing them dancing together at the Yule Ball." Mentioning the Yule Ball reminded Harry that was the last time he had held or truly kissed Hermione. Five long weeks without the woman he loved. He was about to make another comment when he thought he saw Hermione move just slightly. "Jamie, I believe Hermione moved! Watch Caitlin carefully."

Jamie impatiently watched for any sign of movement. Then it happened. First hers eyes just flickered, but then they opened. Caitlin was still extremely weak, but managed to give Jamie a slight smile. "Welcome back sis," Jamie said. "I've missed you."

Jamie squeezed Caitlin's hand as she turned to Harry, "She's awake."

"I think Hermione's going to make it, too. Jamie, would you please wake Madam Pomfrey?"

Jamie quickly squeezed Caitlin's hand and then looked to Hermione who's eyes were still closed, but who was turning her head as if about to wake from a long sleep.

Harry momentarily went to Caitlin's bed. "Hi beautiful. You had us all scared." He touched her hand, leaned over and kissed her cheek. "I love you. Jamie and Madam Pomfrey will be right back, I have to check on your Mum."

Caitlin smiled, but didn't speak as Harry returned to Hermione who had just opened her eyes. Harry's eyes filled with tears. "Thank God you're alive. I love you so much Hermione Granger."

Hermione mouthed, "I love you." Harry leaned down and softly kissed her lips just before Madam Pomfrey scurried into the infirmary with Jamie close behind. She quickly shooed Harry and Jamie aside as she conducted tests on both Hermione and Caitlin.

After about an hour, Pomfrey looked at Harry exposing the first smile he had seen on her face in a month. "They'll need a few days to rebuild their strength, but I imagine they'll make it."

Jamie resisted the urge to shout with joy and instead kissed both Hermione and Caitlin on the cheek and then gave Harry a hug. As Harry pulled away in embarrassment, he noticed Hermione smiling.

"I know you all have a lot to discuss, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Even though they have been in a coma they need their rest. The elves are bringing them something light to eat. You may both return in the morning."

Neither Harry nor Jamie wanted to leave, but they realized Madam Pomfrey knew best. As Harry leaned to kiss Hermione one more time before leaving, she asked him to push the beds together.

Harry glanced toward Madam Pomfrey who nodded her head in agreement. As Jamie and Harry left the room, they glanced back to see that Caitlin and Hermione fingers were intertwined. The connection that had reached out for miles and helped Hermione to survive was now complete. Mother and daughter were together once more.






Saturday, January 31, 2004


As the sun rose, Harry was again in his familiar position, sitting next to Hermione's bed with her hand held in his. Hermione's other hand still tenderly holding Caitlin's.

The first thing Hermione saw as she opened her eyes were a pair of green eyes tenderly watching her. "Hi," she said lovingly.

"Hi. How are you feeling, beautiful?

"Right now? Anything but beautiful. I feel disgusting, as if I hadn't had a shower in weeks. What is the date anyway?"

Harry hesitated for a moment before saying Saturday, January thirty-first.

Hermione gasped. "Harry, a month of my life is missing. What happened?"

"Don't you remember anything?"

"I remember feeling a little faint and nauseous at the Yule Ball. I told Sam I was going to step outside for some fresh air. Just as I was about to exit young Ronald Aldinger ran up to me with a box, saying it was a gift. He ran off before I could ask him whom it was from. I assumed you, but it wasn't. It must have been a portkey. I barely touched it before I felt myself being pulled into space. When I landed I was in a snowdrift at the side of the road. My jaw was dislocated and my fingers had been smashed." Hermione only then realized that her jaw felt fine. She looked at her hand, her fingers moved perfectly.

"Was it a dream Harry?"

"No." Harry squeezed her hand. "What else do you remember?"

"I was naked. My clothes hadn't transported with me. I realized that I must have been someplace else in order to receive my injuries, but I had no memory. I assumed my Animagus form and started walking the road, not having any idea where I was or was headed. Even as a wolf, I was cold and then it started snowing. I couldn't eat and I knew that if I rested I would die. Harry, I felt so sick and weak. I wanted to lie down and die, but something inside me wouldn't let me. A voice kept saying, 'I won't let you die. I've waited too long for you. I love you too much. I won't let you die.'

"Was that you Harry? Did you somehow reach me?"

Harry sighed as he pointed to Caitlin who was still sleeping. "She did it. Caitlin has telepathic and hyperempath powers stronger than you can imagine. She felt it every time you were hurt. She had fallen asleep in the common room and woke up screaming. Her fingers were crushed the same as yours. She received a dislocate jaw the same as you did and she had pneumonia just like you.

"Hermione, I have never felt so helpless. She was suffering. You were suffering. I had no clue as to where you were or who was holding you prisoner. I thought I was going to lose you both."

It was Hermione's turn to tighten her grasp on Harry's hand. "After what seemed like days, but was probably about twelve hours I had made it to the hill overlooking the Quidditch field. I was so happy to see Hogwarts. Then everything went blank."

"You were shot, three times. Evidently, signs had been displayed offering a reward for the skin of an escaped and dangerous wolf."

"Did Caitlin suffer the wounds? Where was I shot?"

"She suffered the wounds, but without the lodged bullets. One bullet struck just above your breast. Another hit your rump. The third ended up in your upper thigh."

"Harry, is Caitlin all right? I can't believe I made her suffer so."

"She is fine, but you had nothing to do with her suffering. Whoever tortured you is responsible."

"How did I get here?"

"Alex talked Jamie into going for a scamper in the snow. He saw you first. Alex put you into stasis and then after putting a warming charm on her robes Jamie covered you and Alex carried you here."

"Poor Jamie, she must have been frozen in nothing but her skirt and blouse."

"A little less that that. She had the two till four in the morning shift watching Caitlin and hadn't dressed."

Hermione was horrified. "She walked here in the snow naked. What if someone from another house had seen her?"

"She felt it would be better for them to see her than you. She felt you would be humiliated, possibly never be able to face the students."

"Jamie knows me quite well. Was she seen by anyone?"

"No students. Just Pomfrey and the Headmaster."

"What did they say?"

"Well, evidently Madam Pomfrey had figured out that Jamie and Caitlin were nudists. Plus seeing people naked is a part of her job. Poor Severus was more shocked that no one else was upset with Jamie being nude. He really gave Alex the third degree while he healed Caitlin."

"What was the date when I was found?"

"January third."

"I've been in a coma ever since?"

"Yes."

"That accounts for everything from the afternoon of January second until today. Harry, a week of my life is unaccounted for. Where was I? What did I do? What was done to me?" Hermione began to cry.

"Herm, I love you. We don't know what happened that week, other than the injuries to your fingers and jaw. And we aren't sure how they happened. Hermione, there is something else we know that happened. I don't know exactly how to tell you."

Hermione sensed what Harry was about to say. She looked at him as tears built up ready to breach the dam when he gave the answer she knew was coming. "Harry, for a few days before the Yule Ball I was feeling nauseous; especially in the morning. I hadn't seen Pomfrey, nor missed a period, so I wasn't sure. Was I pregnant? Did I lose our child?"

Harry simply nodded

"Harry, help me sit up. Please hold me. Hold me tight."

Caitlin had woken in time to hear that her mother had been pregnant and lost the baby. She pretended to turn in her sleep as she cried for her lost little brother or sister.






Tuesday, February 3, 2004


Caitlin felt refreshed and alive as the sun awakened her. Madam Pomfrey had promised that they could start having visitors today and it they keep improving could return to normal activity next week. Caitlin glanced at her mum who was sitting up reading. "Morning Mum." The young girl practically bounced out of bed, showing no signs of the ordeal she had gone through with her mother. She hurried to her mother's bed and gave her a kiss before heading to the bath.

After a short time Caitlin was scrubbed and ready to start the day. "We get visitors today," she practically shouted excitedly to Hermione as she sat on the edge on the bed.

Hermione just smiled at the little girl. She loved her so much and she was overwhelmed to realize how much Caitlin loved her. This little girl almost died in order to save her life. "Yes, are you going to put on a hospital gown?"

"Must I Mum? You know how I hate clothes and those things are worse than clothes."

"Get back in bed then."

Caitlin quickly obeyed, anything to avoid clothes. She lay on her side reading while waiting for the elf to come with breakfast.

It was only a few minutes before she heard a pop and the elf sat her breakfast on her bed table and then after placing Hermione's on her table he was gone with another pop. Caitlin pushed her pillow aside and sat up allowing the covers to fall to her waist as she pulled the table nearer.

Hermione nervously looked at the time and thought to herself that there was no problem. It was only six-thirty. Caitlin would surely be done and fully covered before they received any visitors.

After having been in a coma, Caitlin was actually now enjoying being in the hospital. She got to spend the entire day nude. She got breakfast in bed and her mum spent the day tutoring her on all her subjects trying to catch her up on everything she had missed.

Caitlin was just finishing her last piece of toast when the door opened and Matt and Randy walked in. They delayed at first when they saw Caitlin sitting exposed from the waist up.

Hermione had gone back to reading and hadn't heard the boys enter. She was unaware of their presence until Matt said, "Is it okay for us to come in?"

Hermione was about to jump out of bed and shoo the boys out of the room until she realized she was wearing a hospital gown. Why give them a bigger show? Surely Caitlin would lie down and pull her covers up.

Instead Caitlin sat up straight and said, "Come on in guys. I've really missed you two. Push this table aside and come sit here on the bed."

"Good morning, Professor Granger," both boys chanted as they took a seat on Caitlin's bed.

Part of her wanted to scream at the boys to get out, to get away from Caitlin. Another part of her wanted to play the scene out. Hermione was amazed at Caitlin's confidence and how her partial nudity didn't bother her in the least. If any boy had seen Hermione topless when she was eleven, she would have wanted to join Moaning Myrtle. What really amazed Hermione was that neither boy was burning a hole through Caitlin's chest. They actually seemed to be looking her in the eye.

They each gave her little kiss on the cheek and then went to sit at the foot end of the bed, one on either side. Hermione noticed that Randy was holding something behind his back. Matt gave him a signal and he revealed a beautiful bunch of flowers. "These are from both of us," Randy said as he handed the flowers to Caitlin.

"They're beautiful guys. Thanks. Let me put them in water before they die."

Hermione wanted to shout don't, but it was too late, Caitlin was already out of bed walking naked toward the bathroom. What was most amazing was that neither boy was drooling. They had most certainly watched Caitlin slip out of bed and even watched her parade to the bath, but then they had both turned back toward Hermione as Matt said. "Your daughter is amazing. I could never be like her."

"Me, too," said Randy. I'm embarrassed to let one of the other guys see me without clothes. I'd die if a girl saw me. Caitlin's so different from other girls."

"She is special, both her and Jamie. You can't not like them and its not because they're nudists, its because their so caring, so nice." Matt added.

Hermione was lost for words. Was it possible that these two eleven-year-old boys actually saw beyond Caitlin's nudity? Caitlin returned with the flowers in a vase and carried them to her mother's bed. "Aren't they beautiful?"

Hermione answered, "Yes." She wanted to say more, but held her words.

Instead of getting back under the covers, Caitlin jumped on top of the bed and crossed her legs Indian style to be comfortable.

The three sat talking about what had happened in school the last few weeks. It was obvious the boys were nervous, but that seemed to be much more because there was a Professor listening than that Caitlin was naked.

After a few minutes Matt and Randy said good-bye and hurried off to breakfast.

Caitlin looked at her mum nervously. "Are you going to yell at me?"

"Is there a reason I should?"

"Yes. I purposely exposed myself to Matt and Randy. I could have left one of them get water for the flower, but I wanted to prove something to you."

"And that something was what?"

"That not all boys are little perverts that gawk and grope girls. Neither of them would ever touch me against my will. I agree with what you said about the common room. Some guys probably only wanted Jamie and I naked because they wanted to stare and if they got a chance touch us. They're not all like that. Matt and Randy are special."

"You're the one that is special. They seem like nice boys. I'm not going to yell at you for what you did, but I wouldn't push my luck young lady."

"Mum, thanks for coming back to us."

"Thank you for giving me the strength to make it back."






Friday, February 06, 2004


"Mione, would you like me to get the elves to bring dinner to our room so you don't have to walk down to the Grand Hall?" Harry inquired.

"Harry, please stop fussing over me. I want to eat dinner in the Great Hall with everyone else. Madam Pomfrey has given me the okay to resume normal activity"

"I'm sorry. It's just that I missed you very much. I'm so glad you made it back to us safely. Which reminds me." Harry reached in his pocket and pulled out Hermione's engagement ring. "Among other things, you left this behind when the portkey activated. Would you like it back?"

Hermione reached out for the ring and then just held it tightly in her hand as she looked tenderly at Harry. "Are you sure?" The words caught in her throat. "Perhaps we should postpone the marriage until we find out what happened during that missing week, for all we know every Death Eater in Western Europe may have had his way with me."

Harry shivered at the thought of his Mione suffering in such a way and the knot in his stomach drew tighter. "Hermione, the thought of anyone touching you or doing anything like that to you against your wishes sickens me, but it would never cause me to love you less. Please believe me when I say that nothing, absolutely nothing that could have happened would change the way I feel about you.

"Mione, you are my life. You complete me. Without you I am just a mass of flesh going through life existing. You give my life purpose. You are my life. My everything."

Hermione's moist brown eyes focused on Harry as a smile came to her face. "Can I assume that means you still love me and want to marry me?"

Harry took Hermione in his arms and kissed her deeply. "If you want to skip dinner, I'll be happy to show you exactly how much I love you."

Hermione blushed. "Madam Pomfrey did give me a full release."

Harry scooped Hermione up in his arms and carried her toward the bedroom. "I love you Mione. You are my world."

"I love you, Harry. No matter what obstacles life throws in our path, I will always love you and only you."

After all this time apart, one might have anticipated clothes to be thrown hither and yon and them to assail each other in unrestrained fervor. Just the contrary was the case. They both seemed intent on this being a deliberate sweet affectionate reunion.

Harry laid Hermione gently on the bed and then cuddled next to her. As he held her in his arms, he gently smothered her with kisses. As his lips moved against hers, his fingers moved slowly to the buttons on her blouse. He gently tugged at each button before removing her shirt completely. Hermione marveled as he gazed at her. It was as if he were seeing her for the first time. She shivered slightly as he rained kisses over her shoulders. She gasped when his tongue flicked gently over her skin and his fingers caressed her arms so lightly that it felt like they were weightless. Goosebumps rose over her skin as his hands slid along her sides and he gently he kissed her chest following the outline of her bra, and then he kissed her lips. He smiled, his face covered with that 'lost little boy' look she so loved as if asking permission to remove her bra. She lifted herself slightly from the bed, giving him easier access to the closure.

Hermione stretched her arms above her head as Harry slipped the bra off easily. At first he just stared at her, but then said, "My god, you're beautiful." Those words still caused her to blush even after all the times they had been together. Hermione had always thought she was nothing special, but Harry had a way of making her feel like a goddess. His hands touched one breast and then the other, first tenderly cupping them and then gently ever so gently caressing them. Harry always treated her as if she were a fragile piece of art that would break if mishandled. He leaned close, first giving a lick, then a kiss and finally delicately sucking on each breast.

"I love you," she said as she sat up. "Why am I always the one that's topless?"

"Because you're the one with the gorgeous chest," Harry answered with a smile.

She put her arms around him as she kissed his lips. "That's just your opinion. I'm kind of partial to yours." Then one small hand began unbuttoning his shirt. After removing it, she once again pulled him tightly to her. The feeling of flesh against flesh sent shivers throughout both their bodies. She guided him to a laying position and then began kissing his chest as he had hers. He involuntarily jerked when she, after a tim,e lightly nibbled on his nipple. They held each other tightly once again as they kissed and then rolled over.

His fingers unzipped her skirt and pulled it down. After removing her knickers, Harry turned over briefly; long enough to remove his pants and boxers. Their clothing now removed, he was once again kissing and caressing her. She gasped with pleasure as his hands slowly worked their way up her thighs, teasingly caressing her legs. Each stroke brought him closer and closer to her most sensitive area. Hermione moaned as the tide of pleasure enveloped her body. Unexpectedly he slid off the bed and to his knees. He gently pulled her to the side of the bed.

She realized what was imminent. Hermione stared at the ceiling and grasped the pillow in anticipation as Harry put his hands on her inner thighs and spread them apart. She jerked as his tongue first touched her. Pleasure shot through her body as he used his mouth on her in every conceivable way. When he reached up and touched her breasts, orgasm burst through her body. She shook uncontrollably.

Harry wrapped her in the warmth of his arms as their limbs entangled and she planted kisses all over his face. Hermione felt his arousal nudging against her leg. She reached down and took the organ in her small soft hand. Harry feared that her touch alone would be enough to cause him to peak. Hermione slid down the bed his every inch of his body until finally she took him in her mouth.

When she was younger she had never thought she would be able to do this to anyone. He had never asked her, nor had she every asked him to do her. Knowing that it would give pleasure to the other was reason enough for both of them.

Harry's hands clutched the sheets as she performed her own wandless magic. Soon he pulled away, not wanting to climax

Suddenly he was sitting astride her as their lips once again touched. Their mouths opened and their tongues met. One of Harry's hands slid down her stomach and caressed her most sensitive place once again as she parted her legs to grant him easy access.

They melted in each others arms as their lips and bodies once again met in passion. They tried not to move for they both loved this feeling of connection, of oneness.

"Mione, I love you. I thank God you found your way back to me. Without you I could never be whole."

"Harry, you are my one and only love. I could never feel this way about any other man."

They kissed, a deep and longing kiss. As their eyes met, words weren't necessary. Their expressions said it all. They couldn't hold back any longer. Slowly they began to move against each other.

He kissed her again and she kissed him back as he gently began sliding within her. The strokes became longer and a little stronger. Hermione held his buttocks as she spread her legs wider. They continued to cover each other with kisses.

Hermione pushed on his shoulders and Harry held her to him as they rolled together. Hermione established a position on his lap as Harry's hands touched her all over. Again they kissed. She moved back and forth in his lap.

They momentarily separated as Hermione lay again on her back. Quickly, Harry reentered her. He once again kissed her as he moved slowly within her. It wasn't long before he tensed and she kissed him again realizing he was close. She held him tighter as they moved in unison. The rapture had built inside her until abruptly she went over the edge as her body clenched in ecstasy. He followed shortly.

She felt a twinge of emptiness when he finally withdrew from her, but that was quickly replaced by a feeling of warmth, as she was held secure in his affectionate embrace. They lay like that for a time, not speaking, just caressing each other and plying the other's body with soft gentle kisses.

Hermione was the first to speak. "I love you Harry. Thank you for still wanting me."

"There was never any question whether I would still want you. You are my Mione. I could never feel about anyone else like I feel about you."

Hermione smiled a smile of utter contentment. "That was quite a workout Mr. Potter. Don't take this wrong, but I sort of wish we hadn't skipped dinner."

"He gave her a gentle hug and kissed her cheek. "I'm hungry, too, but didn't have the guts to say so. Suppose I slip on some clothes and see if I can wrangle something out of Dobby?'

"I have a better idea. Let's take a speedy shower together and I'll go with you. It's been ages since I visited the elves." All of a sudden Hermione had a thought. She trembled, as she said to Harry, "Before we shower, will you stand in front of the mirror with me? I want to show you something."

Harry had no idea what was about to happen, but shuffled to his side of the bed. He was about to reach for his pants when Hermione said, "No. Don't bother."

As they approached the mirror, Hermione said. "Good evening mirror. Would you be willing to explain to Harry how you function and perhaps show us our past and..." The words momentarily stuck in her throat. "our future."

Harry was shaken as the mirror spoke. "Mistress, you never cease to amaze me. While you occupy these quarters, I am your servant and at your command. You could command me, but you ask. How could I ever refuse you? I only hope you will be pleased with my reflections."

Harry stood listening in amazement. "Hermione, your mirror talks. Can it see? We just made love with it watching."

"Harry, its not like it watches, besides it already knew what might take place. Please explain, mirror."

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Harry Potter. You are indeed a great part of Miss Granger's reflected past. If a person stands before me, I can either reflect their current appearance or I can reflect a memory of their past. If you would stand together, I think I have a memory you will enjoy seeing."

Harry and Hermione held each other tightly as their reflection dissolved and was replaced by two fifteen year olds making love in the Gryffindor girls' dorm.

Harry watched in amazement. "Hermione, it's us. Is that our first time?"

Hermione didn't know why, but she blushed. "Yes. I forgot to tell you that the mirror would only reflect the present or past in our present state of coverage."

"You mean that unless we get dressed, we will be nude in all the reflections."

"That's right," Hermione responded.

Harry laughed as he gathered Hermione closer. "In that case, I imagine all reflections of our future will be rated adults only."

Hermione, good naturedly, jabbed Harry in the ribs. "Do you remember that night?"

Harry looked deeply into Hermione eyes. "How could I ever forget it? He looked away and hung his head. "How could I have been so stupid as to ever let you go?"

Hermione pulled Harry toward her and gave him a kiss. "Harry, neither of us are perfect. We both made mistakes, but what is important is that we are together now. The mirror can also show us a possible future."

"Possible?" Harry questioned.

"Yes, possible," the mirror responded. "As I told Professor Granger, the future has infinite possibilities. What your future holds depends on the decisions you and others make everyday. I will attempt to show you a reflection of a future I feel you will both like. You must be warned that there is no way to tell if my reflected future will ever come to be. It is only one of countless possibilities.

"As a harsh example, had Mr. Ward not acted so impetuously and convinced Miss Zacherley to run in the snow, you would not be standing before me tonight nor would Miss Garrison be alive."

Harry trembled as he turned and took Hermione in his arms. Had it not been for Alex and Jamie running in the snow, he would have lost the woman he loved and the girl he already thought of as his daughter. "Mione, I love you so much. I don't see how I could ever go on living without you."

"Me either," Hermione replied as she held and kissed the only man she had ever loved.

"I'm sorry," said the mirror. "I didn't mean to upset you both, but I felt it necessary to instill upon you both the fragileness of the future. What I'm about to reflect is what appears to me to be a wonderful scene from a not to distant future for you both. So many things can prevent it from happening."

The reflection of a fifteen year old Harry and Hermione making love dissolved and was replaced by their current selves. Just as quickly a young couple walking the beach replaced that reflection.

Harry and Hermione looked at each other, both astounded by what they saw. The young couple was most certainly them. Harry could not get over how happy he looked or how beautiful Hermione looked. Hermione simply shook her head in disbelief that such a future was even possible for her. Suddenly three girls ran into the picture and in turn threw their arms around both Harry and Hermione, hugging them.

Harry simply stared at the reflection, unable to speak. All five of the people in the reflection were totally naked.

"Mirror," Hermione spoke, "how can what you show us possibly happen? Harry and I aren't nudists. We would never be outside on a beach naked. Certainly not in front of Caitlin, Jamie and a stranger."

The mirror spoke, "As I said this is only one of an infinite number of possible futures that await you. I reflected this because you are currently nude and because you all looked extremely happy. I don't say it will happen. You could both easily prevent such a future by avoiding beaches and ever being nude outside. My function is merely to show possible futures. You and those you come in contact with determine your actual future."

"Thank you mirror," Hermione said as she dejectedly went to sit on her bed.

"Mione, what is the matter? You were so happy and now you look so depressed," Harry questioned as he sat holding her.

"Harry, it's the reflections. Before I was kidnapped, Caitlin and I stood before the mirror naked and it showed us possible futures. We were so happy, just like in the one today. Harry, I want so much for that future to be a reality, but they can't take place." Hermione sighed disgustingly.

"Why can't they?"

"Me Harry, I'm a prudish British girl. You and I were on a beach naked with Jamie, Caitlin and that other girl. That's not me. I don't know about you, but there is no way I could ever go naked in a public place. Being nude in front of you is no problem because... well, you make me feel confident about myself. I'm even getting accustomed to being naked around Caitlin, but in public, never. Could you do that?"

"I'm not sure. Am I allowed to get very drunk first?"

Hermione chuckled, "I could never get drunk enough. There is something else bothering me. Who is that other young girl? The mirror showed Caitlin and I in a reflection that took place in this very room and she was in it."

Harry just shook his head. "I don't know Mione. Perhaps we aren't meant to see the future, in this case possible future. It just gives us one more thing to concern ourselves with."

"You're probably right. It's just that--. Harry we all looked so happy. I want that future. Somehow it has to be possible." Hermione suddenly blushed. "Harry, there is something else that 's bothering me. Did you notice anything different about me?"

It was Harry's turn to turn red. "Yes, you had no pubic hair."

"Harry, all the reflected futures that I want show me like that. Please give me an honest answer. Would you prefer me with or without?"

Harry felt as if he was trapped. Was this a trick question that he would regret answering either way? He realized it was impossible for him to lie to Hermione. "I think most guys would prefer a girl to be smooth there, just like they like girls to shave their legs and underarms.

"I can't believe I'm going to do this, but if it helps make that future possible...." Hermione felt like she was humiliating herself as she focused on that area and concentrated hard. Soon it was like watching a movie in reverse. The curly hairs got shorter and shorter until they were none existent

Hermione seemed to glow red as Harry stared at her now completely exposed. It was promptly evident that the naked Harry approved of this new look.

Hermione smiled through her blush. It always amazed her that plain Hermione Granger could have such an effect on Harry Potter. "Okay, since you evidently like the new look, I'll give it a try for a while." She reached for him with a sly smile on her face. "Does this mean we won't be visiting the kitchens till later?"

"Much later," Harry responded as he wrapped his arms around his true love. "Much, much later, I think perhaps I'll have my dessert prior to dinner."

Harry had his dessert and so did Hermione, but they never did get to the kitchens.






Tuesday, February 11, 2004 Noon


It was Professor Granger's second day back on the job and she loved every bit of it. The memory or rather lack of memory surrounding her kidnapping still bothered her, but so many good things were happening that the concern had at least for the time being been pushed aside.

Harry, Caitlin and herself had been invited to dinner at Sam and Ron's place on Sunday. Ron had given up his flat a few weeks earlier at Sam's suggestion and moved in with her and Timmy.

Timmy, in all probability, had the most enjoyable evening of his life. From the moment they walked in the door it seemed that Caitlin and Harry were vying to play with the little guy. Hermione choked back tears as she watched Harry with the little boy. Had she possibly lost her only chance at giving Harry a son? Sam seemed to read her mind and started questioning her about being an Animagus in order to get her mind on another subject.

Just prior to eating, Timmy made a discovery, one that for a time caused Caitlin a bit of embarrassment. Caitlin had worn a blouse and short skirt. Obviously little Timmy must have noticed something as they were playing because he went over and lifted her skirt up as he shouted, "Look, Caydin doesn't have no pants."

Caitlin wasn't embarrassed to be exposed, but she blushed at the fact a little boy was lifting her skirt. Despite the fact that Sam admonished Timmy, he persisted in lifting Caitlin's skirt. "Caydin doesn't have a pee pee."

Finally, the third time he lifted Caitlin's skirt; Sam slapped his hands and made him go sit in the corner. As he sat there balling, Caitlin felt extremely bad.

Sam went over and put her arm around Caitlin's shoulder. "I forgot about you being a nudist and not wearing knickers. I know you don't know Ron and I that well, but I have no problem with you being naked here if you desire."

"Really, do you mean it? What about Timmy? Is it okay for him to see me naked?"

"Ron will probably disagree with me, but I think it's healthy."

Caitlin ran over to where Hermione was sitting. "Mum, Miss Bowman says it's acceptable for me to be nude here. May I?"

Hermione looked to Harry for advice, but only receive a noncommittal shrug of the shoulders. Herm gave him a rather disgusted 'thanks for the help' look before turning to Samantha who encouraged her to let Caitlin do her thing. Hermione gave a slight nod of her head, but that was all Caitlin needed. She couldn't have gotten out of her clothes faster if she had used a wand.

What happened next amazed all three adults in the room. Timmy started to take off his clothes. "Me no clothes, too," he said.

Hermione was astounded that instead of Sam stopping little Timmy, she went over and helped him get out of the balance of his clothes. In a few minutes, Timmy had run off to play with Caitlin again only this time they were both naked.

Hermione and Harry both looked at Sam in astonishment as she said. "I'm not a nudist, but as I told you my best friend at school was. I agree with a lot of their beliefs. I think it's healthy for children to see others naked. There is nothing dirty about being naked. There are just unclean minds."

Hermione watched as Caitlin and Timmy played together./ Sam is right. They are innocent. If only they could stay that way./ Then she thought of Jamie and the fact that somehow she had done just that.

Just then Ron who had been in the kitchen getting drinks, returned. He almost dropped the tray he was carrying when he saw Caitlin giving Timmy a piggyback ride, both of them naked. His faced turned red, but before he could say anything Timmy ran over to him.

"Daddy, Caydin has a gina and I have a pemis. That's what makes her a girl and me a big boy. Caydin never wears nothing at home. Why do I have to be pressed all the time?"

"The word is dressed. Mummy and I will talk about it later. Why don't you go play?"

Timmy ran off to join Caitlin as Ron dispersed the drinks. When he got to Sam he just looked at her and smiled. "You proved your point."

Hermione squeezed Harry's hand as she whispered, "Timmy called Ron ' Daddy'."

Harry gave his Mione a smile in return. They were both happy to see that things seemed to be working out well between Sam and Ron and that Timmy had accepted Ron as his dad.

Hermione hoped she wouldn't start an argument, but she wanted to know what point Sam had proved. "Are Harry and I missing something?"

"Nothing earth shattering," Sam answered. "Ron and I have a difference of opinion when it comes to nudity and what children should or shouldn't see. I like to wear little or nothing around the apartment and although Ronnie personally seems to like it, he feels I's wrong that Timmy sees me naked. I've been trying to convince him that nudity itself is not dirty, its people's minds that make it dirty. Caitlin and Timmy just proved how natural and innocent it is for children, because they don't equate it with sex.

Hermione wondered if that was her problem. Did she see nakedness as dirty? There was nothing dirty about Timmy and Caitlin. Why when you became an adult did nudity suddenly become dirty? Maybe it didn't. Maybe it was only people's minds that made it seem that way.

Hermione had become quite fond of Sam. She realized that the relationship that Harry, Ron and her had during school had changed and could never be the same, but now she hoped that perhaps the two couples could establish a special friendship.





BR> Monday at breakfast had been touching for Hermione. Before the meal was served, Severus had stood and welcomed her back to the staff. All the staff and students had stood and applauded her return. She remembered standing with tears in her eyes. Harry whispered in her ear, "They all love you, but not as much as me."

Even, Ginny, Draco and Neville seemed happy that she was back.

She thought about the last few days and how wonderful it was to be with her friends and students. Just as she was about to enter the Great Hall for lunch she saw Harry hurrying down the corridor and waited for him. They had just taken their seats when the Headmaster entered. Severus looked shaken and sad as he approached Hermione's seat.

"Hermione, I know you've just gotten back to work and under different circumstances I'd have someone else handle this, but I don't imagine you would like it that way. Please come with me. Harry, perhaps you will be good enough to join us?"

Hermione and Harry gave each other questioning glances as the Headmaster led them to a room adjoining the Great Hall. Upon entering, he indicated for them to take a seat.

Severus had a grave look on his face as his he took a seat across from Harry and Hermione. He took a deep sigh before speaking. "I'm afraid there has been a tragic accident. Hermione, it concerns a Gryffindor student; therefore I thought you might want to handle it." Severus hesitated as if not wanting to tell Hermione what had occurred. "Jamie Zacherley's parents were killed this morning by a drunken muggle driver as they crossed a street near their home."

"Noooo!" Was the only response Hermione could get out before she broke into tears; Harry quickly moved to comfort her.






Friday, February 13, 2004


The weather was equal to the mood of those attending, both somber and dreary. Alex, Tony and Harry waited with Hermione, Caitlin and Amanda until the hearses pulled to a stop and then went to their assigned positions along with the other pallbearers to wait for further instructions.

A long black car followed the hearse. As the driver opened the passenger door, Hermione was stunned to see that only two young girls step out. Jamie and her sister, Emily stood with the funeral director. Hermione couldn't help but stare. She didn't remember ever meeting Emily, but she looked extremely familiar.

The pallbearers grasped the handles of the twin coffins, carrying them down the path and through the door of the sanctuary. Once inside the coffins were placed on two tables draped in black fabric, which sat at the front of the building. The pallbearers sat then and waited for the rest of the congregation to arrive. Hermione sat behind Harry along with Amanda and Caitlin.

The organist began to play a slow mournful selection as the church started to fill. Hermione watch as Jamie and Emily took a seat in the first row.

The service started. The organ's drone ceased as the service began. Hermione thought to herself how close she had come to occupying a coffin.

"...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff comfort me....

I will fear no evil.






Rest in Peace

"...The Lord bless you and keep you. The Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you. The Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace, both now and evermore. Amen."

The organ started playing again as the funeral director signaled to the pallbearers. All twelve stood and walked toward the caskets, which they hoisted onto their shoulders. They carried the coffins out of the church as the organ droned on with its sad song.

The congregation followed behind the pallbearers, led by the vicar, Jamie and Emily. At the grave, the caskets were lowered onto the boards that lay across the open graves. The pallbearers backed off as the vicar took his position between the identical caskets. Hermione reached out and took Harry's hand in hers. She had been crying.

As the vicar continued to speak men from the funeral home replaced the planks with webbing and then the caskets were lowered into the ground.

"...Unto, Almighty God we commend the soul of our sister, Jennifer and our brother, Carl.

Hermione felt so sorry for Jamie and Emily as they stood holding each other, tears streaming down their faces. They looked so alone and frightened. She wished she could hold them both in her arms.

"...and we commit these bodies to the ground; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust..."

Lastly, the vicar led them in the familiar words of the Lord's Prayer.

"And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil..."

"Amen."

The vicar quietly walked away from the grave as one by one the mourners walked by Jamie and Emily and offered their condolences. They then turned to walk back up the path and resume their normal lives. For Jamie and Emily that was not an option; their parents were dead.

The Hogwarts group held back until all the other mourners had left and then approached Jamie and her sister. Jamie introduced her sister and then quietly talked to all her friends as Harry and Hermione waited.

Jamie left Emily standing with Caitlin and the others as she walked over to Harry and Hermione. She fought to hold the tears back as she first put her arms around Harry. "Thank you for being my knight, my professor and a good friend."

She then turned and hugged Hermione with all her strength. "I'm going to miss you. You always were and always will be more than a professor to me.

"Miss me?" Hermione questioned with a shocked expression on her face.

Jamie couldn't hold the tears back any longer. "I'm leaving Hogwarts."


End of Chapter 20


As always, thank you reviewing.

Thank you also to my wonderful betas: Atlantis and Amber. I'd be lost without you.

Want to be advised of new chapters and get to read them first? Join Hogwarts Exposed http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HogwartsExposed
Sign up to rate and review this story