Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Where you want to Be

Default Chapter

by Lauren-elizabeth 3 reviews

okay the main characters are Grace and Frank...they haven't seen eachother for over a year..after grace and her friend Ali meet up MCR...and spend time with their friends...sparks fly...a love (or ...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-02-05 - Updated: 2006-02-06 - 5927 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1--- grace


" Grace, hurry up! We're going to be so late! Frank and the guys are expectin us at the arena at exactly 3:00," Ali exclaimed.
" Sorry, but I'm so nervous and I can't find any of my dickies or any of my made shirts," I exclaimed. " Did you see them when u did the laundry," I interrogated.
" I don't know hurry up girl! Otherwise stay here with the dog," Ali replied.
I was going to see Frank and the guys for the second time, and I was so nervous!
" Ali, what if they have changed and they hardly remember us," I asked.
Ali didn't answer but I hoped that my statement wasn't true at all. After a couple of minutes, I was finished digging all of my clothes out of my dirty clothes hamper, and I was ready to go. Ali grabbed the keys to Frank's Audi, I grabbing my Skeleton Crew hoodie and my my chemical romance backpack along with my duffle. We headed out the door to see the guys.



chapter 2------ the nervous rockstar

" Frank, dude, quit pacing you're making me dizzy," Gerard exclaimed.
" Sorry Gee, I just am kinda nervous bout seein' Ali and Grace," Frank said.
" Dude, we just saw them last summer during warped tour," Gerard replied.
" I know but, things and times have changed Gerard. What if they hardly remember us? What if they dyed their hair or something," Frank asked.
"Um.... I don't know what to tell you Bro but they're still the same people. They're still very close friends, and.......".
Gerard paused right in the middle of his sentence. After a couple of seconds later, Mikey was greeting Ali and Grace at the door.
" Hey girls, how ya been," Mikey exclaimed. Then he gave them both hugs.
Frank must have heard the commotion Gerard must have too. They both walked into the "living room".
" Hey, Grace..... Ali you guys are finally here, and you guys haven't changed a bit," Frank exclaimed.
They haven't really changed a bit, Frank thought. Grace still with her dirty blond hair and those big beautiful green eyes. He liked her eyes, because they were so green like a pool of dark green jello. Her hair like corkskrew marcaroni. He couldn't keep her eyes off her.
" Ali, Grace your're finally here," Ray suprised them all as he came into the room. Ali's guess he was in the back room playin video games-- or his guitar. He walked over and gave Ali a peck on the cheek and, gave Grace a really big hug.
" Ya'll so sorry to break your guys moment of passion but, my tummy's hungry," Bob said.
" Yeah, I'm hungry too! What bout pizza? We got like three hours before the first sound check," Frank explained.
" Ok, Frank but not pepperoni or sausage," Ray said.
After minutes of deciding what to eat we finally got into our cars and drove to Acme's Bar and Grill. This was Gerard and Frank's favorite place to eat. So they were very happy to eat in their home town.

Chapter 3---- fun at the pizza parlor


" Ok, so what have you ladies been up to this past year," Ray asked with a big bite of cheese pizza in his mouth.
" Well Ray, not much of anything really besides working and sometimes partying," Grace said.
" Except with Grace it's basically just been working," Ali said.
" But we have had lots of chances to go to the movies, bowling, and out to eat," Grace said.
" Oh,...well...um does anyone want anymore pizza," asked Frank.
" I do! Give me at least three more slices," Gerard exclaimed.
" So, Gracie...," Frank said.
" Don't call me Gracie," Grace exclaimed.
"So, Grace how have things been since we last saw each other... last summer," Frank asked.
" Oh well, um, not much of anything really I want to go back to college and get my music degree but, I'd rather be in a band," Grace explained.
" Hey Grace can I see you for a sec please," Ali asked.
Grace quickly got up and left the booth with Ali, leaving behind the guys.

"Grace, you and Frank are so totally hitting it off! Do you really like him," Ali interrogated.
" You really are the nosy type aren't you Ali? Please don't tell him but, yes I like him but nothing more than a friend. I'm not sure 'bout him but I really don't know! Do like Ray or any of the others," I asked.
" Yes, I have but, I never have had the guts to tell him how I feel," Ali said.
" I'll tell him," Grace said.

After the conversation in the bathroom, Gracie and Ali walked casually back to the booth.
" Hey, so sorry but, we gotta go back to the arena for that sound check! Do you girls want to come back with us to listen or do you want to meet us there," Ray asked.
" Um.. we'll meet you guys there we wanted to go to hot topic before the show to get some more clothes," Ali said.
" Ok whatever you say, we'll be on stage for about the next hour and a half so just tell the guys at the door, Simon, and James that you're with us and they'll let you girls in have fun," Mikey said.


chapter4-- something special

After Grace and Ali got back from the shopping mall, they went directly to the sound check at the arena. When the girls got there Frank was just finishing up Cemetery Drive. Frank was on the last chorus.
"Way down off the run singing songs that make you slit your wrists it isn't that much fun...staring down a loaded gun but I won't stop lying, won't stop dying.. If you want I'll keep on crying. Did you get what you deserve? Is this what you always want me for?
But just as he was getting ready to sing the chorus again, his eye caught glimpse of Grace-- again. This time, even more awestruck than at Acme's.
" Dude, Frank, you forgot to scream man! What's up with that? It's not my part to sing, it's yours! Remember we added the scream in! Did you forget again?" Gerard replied agitated.
Frank paid no attention to Gee, only to Grace.
" Oh, her again? Dude, here we like, go again," Ray whined.
As Grace and Ali walked toward the stage, Frank jumped off the stage and, gave Grace a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
" Oh! God Frank you're all sticky, sweaty, and you stink!" Grace exclaimed.
" Sorry Grace! Looks like you girls bought a lot of clothes," Frank replied.
By this time all of the band members had come to gather around Ali, Grace, and Frank.
" Yeah we bought some dickies, new chucks and some new band t-shirts," said Ali.
" You were doing good up on stage Frank, until the last break in the song! You really were," Grace exclaimed.
"But I messed up, that's not good. I hate when I can't remember what do on stage! Especially when I just get distracted," he explained.
" We got a show tomorrow to do. The sound check we had tonight is for tomorrow's show," Mikey said.
" Hey we're going to the arcade later, do you girls want to come with," Mikey asked.
" Sorry guys I'm feeling really tired I think I'm gonna sit this one out beides I want a shower," Frank said.

Before all the guys went to the arcade Grace wanted to make sure Frank didn't want anyone to keep him company.
" Hey Gracie, you coming too," Gerard asked.
" Quit calling me Gracie, and I'm not going either I'm a bit tired myself," Gracie explained.
I'm gonna go see Frank, we need to talk. Grace thought
And she did exactly that.


Chapter 5--- getting personal

After talking to Gerard, she just had to talk to Frank. Grace carefully found her way through the arena and went through the backstage doors to the tourbus. She could hear the shower almost from outside the bus.
Just as she walked in the door the door to the bathroom opened. Frank walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist, and hair as black as a black cup of coffee. He didn't realize that Grace was on the bus at the time he turned towards the back room and came back with an armful of clothes.He looked very startled to see Grace.
" Hey what are you doing here? I thought you were going to the arcade with the rest of the gang," Frank asked.
" I didn't want to go just wanted to do some catching up with a very,very close friend of mine," she said.
" Well as you can tell I'm uh.... kinda.... only wrapped in a towel. Why don't ya make yourself comfortable on the couch. We've got cokes in the fridge too if ya want one," Frank said.

About three minutes later Frank came out with a pair of blue dickies shorts and a white wifebeater on. Grace could admit that Frank looked really good in a wifebeater and he had a good reason to be wearing one--muscles.

" Hey, I'm back so whats ya want? You want a coke we got root beer too but that's Gerard's," Frank offered.
No I'm fine thanks and yes I'm very sure," Grace said.
" Hey we do got movies here, ya wanna watch one," Frank asked.
" Sure, which ones do ya got? Got any horror movies," Grace asked.
" Yep, we got Cherry Falls, The Faculity, and all the Scream movies," Frank said.
" Cherry falls! I love that movie," Grace exclaimed excitedly.

After picking out the movie, Grace plopped on the couch while Frank turned out the lights and, put in the movie. It wouldn't feel very scary with all the lights on. Halfway into the previews Frank put his arm around Grace and Grace put her head on his chest.

" You like the movie so far," Grace asked Frank.
" Sure.. yeah...it's great," Frank lied.

He liked Grace so much but, he just didn't have the guts to tell Grace. For Frank was a very shy kind of guy. He could smell her shampoo, it smelled like flower blossoms. She was beautiful, those big green eyes and her long light hair. Frank wanted to tell her.

" You're so beautiful Gracie," Frank commented.
" Shut up Frank... I am not," Gracie argued.
" Yes you are, I guess you're just going to have to believe me," Frank told her.
" You really think so? I thought we were only friends," Grace said.

Frank wanted to make her want to stay. He wanted to kiss her but, would she allow him to? He really wanted to find out.

Just then, they heard laughing from the group. Frank wanted to kiss Gracie so badly. They looked at each other. Both of them knew that they both wanted to have at least a couple minutes alone. At last they both kissed, not a long kiss but long enough for their lips to lock together. He brushed back her hair, as she put her hand on his hand. As the light flickered on. They were caught by the incoming party.

























Chapter 6---- I didn't mean to!


" I knew it! I knew it Frank, you liked her," Gerard exclaimed.
Grace and Frank's lips were quickly unlocked.
" Dude, what do you think you were doing? We're all just friends remember," Gerard asked.
" No I don't remember that sort of rule! I'm allowed to have a girlfriend if I wanna," Frank smirked.
Frank and Grace looked at each other and smiled. The rest of the group looked very suprised rather than startled.

" Can we all settle this in a couple of hours? I'm really, really tired," Mikey asked politely.
" Dude freaking go to bed if you're that tired quit complaining," Gerard said rudely.
" Ok boys I don't want to be the middle of any love triangle so I'm gonna leave myself outta this," Grace said.
" I can't take this anymore man, I'm goin' outside," Frank said.


After about three minutes of being outside, Gerard walked outside with both of the skeleton crew clothing co. zip up hoodies. He handed one to Frank, Frank put it on and zipped it up all the way. It was getting kinda chilly outside.

" Ya know Gerard I always wanted a girl like Gracie. Really sweet and kind, and really pretty. I'm always wanting her here. She's all I need. I feel lost without with her. With all of this feeling inside inside my heart and, all of this inside my head, I want her even more. I thought about the everybody's only friends rule. I don't think you're on your way to being just friends with a girl you just kissed," Frank said.
" Dude if you really like her, just tell her how you feel but yes she is very pretty. She's yours man. I always thought when I first met her she was going to be mine, well she's not, now is she," Gerard asked.
" No she isn't man, I didn't mean to kiss her! I really didn't mean to it just happened. Kinda when your reflexes kick in," Frank explained.
" Yeah sure, Frank, I really want her. But, if you wanted and had her first, she's yours," Gerard explained.
" I'm gonna go talk to her in the morning it's like 3 in the morning. I'm goin' inside, you comin' or not," Frank asked.















Chapter 7----- An all nighter



There was Grace sitting on the couch when Frank reentered the bus. She didn't even lay eyes on Frank. Not once. He walked over and sat down by her and held her hand.
" Frank, honey I don't want to cause a problem between you and your brother," Grace commented.
" Hey, it's ok, he's cool with me and you. You know with the kiss and everything. Anyway, do you want to pull an all-nighter here? We got extra beds. You can't go home because Ali has the car. She went with Ray to a movie, evidentally," Frank asked.
" Sure, oh and Frank I love you, really I do," Grace said shyly.
" I love you too Gracie, there's blankets and pillows in the closet by the kitchen," Frank said seriously.

" What did we miss, anything good or interesting," Ali asked as she and Ray entered the tiny doorway.
" Some people are in love! What movie did you guys go see," Mikey asked suddenly awaken.
" We saw... oh crap. What's that movie called baby," Ray asked.
" 13 Going on 30?," Ali replied.
" Let me guess, you guys had to have a special bonding time together," Gerard asked.
" Yep. We did. Aside from Ray's video game obsession," Ali said.


Just then Grace and Frank walked out together with their pajamas on, holding hands tightly.

" Hi Grace... Frank. What were you two up to tonight," Ali asked.
" We watched movies together, just me and Frank," Grace bragged.
" They lip-locked Ali, that's what they did. Right when we came in and turned on the lights , too! They evidentally watched Cherry Falls together ," Mikey commented.
" Oh, boo-hoo it's not like we're not old enough. It's not like that date with Michelle when I was like 16. You remember that, Gee? He had to come save me, it was horrible," Frank exclaimed.
Gerard sat and laughed hard on the couch. He was just so tickled, almost crying.
" That was so great! You didn't even want to go to school that same week. Mom made you though," Gerard laughed.
" That's true guys, we're almost grown. We can do whatever we wanna! Mom isn't here to come save us anymore," Mikey said.
" Duh! I know my dad or mother wouldn't have cared! But now I know Frank's the one," Grace said.
Frank and Grace looked at each other and smiled.
" Well it's like 3 or 4 in the morning can we all not go to bed now?" Ray asked.
" Yep," we all implied.

We all headed to the closets to get all the bedding crap. Pillows, sheets, blankets were strewn about the room. After everyone got what they needed the bed making process begun. Mikey in his bed, Gerard on the couch, Ray in his tiny room, Frank in his, and Ali and Grace in theirs.

" I think I'm gonna go sleep with Frank tonight. After all, he is my boyfriend. Time we start actin' like it," Grace replied as she was putting the sheets on her bed.
" But I'll be lonely! Fine!I'm going to Ray," Ali argued.
They both put their sheets and other bedding down, and went to the seperate rooms.

Grace went into Frank's room, Frank was just about ready to put a comforter on his bed.
" Hey Honey, what are you doing in here," Frank asked.
" Thought I'd come and sleep with you tonight. Ali's sleepin' with Ray tonight and I wanted to be with you," Grace said innocently.
" Ok, I got extra blankets. My bed's really comfy," Frank commented.
Now, this is going to great fun. Just me and Frank, my baby. I wish I could stay with him forever like this, Grace thought.
" Gracie," Frank implied.
" What sweetheart," Grace asked.
" The look in your eyes makes me crazy," Frank blurted as he sat down and pulled her hair back gently, out of Grace's eyes, and the rest of her face.
" Thanks, Baby, you're so sweet! Really you are," Grace said as she kissed Frank sweetly on the lips.
" I'm tired Frank, can we go to bed now," Grace yawned.
" Yeah, I'm tired too! Let's go," Frank said.

Grace wanted another kiss from Frank, like the one earlier in the night. So she worked up her confidence and did it. She and Frank got into bed and, pulled the covers over both of their heads. She leaning into Frank, and Frank leaning into Grace, locked lips repeatedly. Until there was knocking on the door. Gerard walked into the room with his specially made black pajama bottons and black made shirt.
" Frank," Gerard asked.
" Oh, hi Grace! Just thought I'd tell you that tomorrow afternoon Sam wants us out there at about at 3 or 4 tommorrow. So rest up. So go to bed you two love birds," Gerard smirked.

Frank and Grace got up. Then they turned out all the lights in the tour bus and hurried into the bedroom lip locked each other again, held and rocked each other for about 5 minutes then, they got back into bed.
" Night baby, I love you," Frank said sweetly.
" Goodnight sweetheart, I love you more," Grace said tiredly.
Finally Frank and Grace's bedroom was calm, unfortunately not in Ray's room though.

" Ray, honey Frank and Grace are so in love now. Why can't we be like that," Ali asked as she lay in bed with Ray.
" I don't know Ali, we'll have something better though. I promise we will. Someday," Ray calmly said.
Ali was feeling the same way as Frank was feeling when he first wanted to kiss Grace. She wanted something more than just hugs and kisses. She wanted family. Ray apparently didn't know Ali wanted this. Ali had to have the guts to tell Ray. She wasn't a very open person.
" Ray, I want something more than just hugs and kisses," Ali said daintily.
" You mean you want to start a family? Baby, I'm only 23 years old," Ray argued.
" So? That's a problem? Grace said that she wanted kids and she told Frank. She was sure that Frank was going to give them to her," Ali concluded.
"Oh is that right? Frank was goin' to give them to her," Ray smirked.
" Whatever Baby, let's just go to bed like normal couples do during the night, like all human kind does," Ray said, and so all the tour bus was somewhat quiet.
























Chapter 8----- Houston we've got a problem!


Everyone awoke the next morning, tired and wanting to go back to bed. Everyone they decided wanted to go to breakfast and then go shopping together. They decided to go out of town to go to breakfast. They all wanted a really well cooked breakfast meal. As they left the tour bus they went all who were together hand in hand. Frank and Grace took "their" X5 Audi, Gerard and Mikey rode together in Gerard's cool Z8 BMW. Finally, Ali and Ray took Ali's Chyrstler convertable. After Frank and Grace got into their car, they had a conversation that would change their lives forever.
" I've been thinking Frank, and I want to have a baby with you," Grace blurted out.
" I'm more shocked and surprised than mad at you for saying this. I was think that same thing too. Ok lets do it," Frank said.
" You better give me a boy or I'll........... I'll.......... I'll do something," Grace threatened.
" You'll, you'll, you'll what? Ground me for giving you a girl," Frank asked.
" No I won't do that but... Oh never mind," Grace said.
Frank laughed as though he had heard a really funny comedian tell a joke.
" What? Stop laughing at me, you make me feel non-superior to you,like I'm being made fun of," Grace snapped.
" Sorry Baby, but I just can't get over how perpetual you are sometimes," Frank laughed. " I'm not saying anything, I'm not even going to argue with you," she said to Frank as he turned into the big parking lot of the restaurant. The party had arrived at the Holiday Inn and was going to eat at the restaurant inside, which had the best breakfast the party had ever tasted.


After walking across the busy street, everybody went into the restaurant, The Melting Pot. They got seated and had their breakfast.
" Grace, can I see you for a second....... in the ladies' room now," Ali sternly suggested.
Grace nodded, and was let out of the booth by Frank and Gerard. She hurriedly followed Ali to the bathroom she seemed very rushed, and distracted in a way. Ali shut and locked the bathroom door so her and her best friend could have some privacy.
" Houston, we have a problem! Grace, I think I'm pregnant with Ray's baby," Ali quietly exclaimed.
" Did you, you know have it? Do you need a pregnancy test? I have a couple in my bag," Grace asked her nervously.
" Yes. Last night, I told Gerard that I wanted to have a baby. He Gerard. I wanted you to be the first to tell you because, Ray doesn't even know yet. I wanted to do the test in here so that we both would find out at the same time. Is that ok," She asked nervously.
" Sure," Grace said happily.
Grace handed her the test stick and told her to go into the stall and come out so that she could help her read it. For Grace had the manual that told the results. Ali started to cry.
" Oh Ali, don't cry! Start to cry when you go tell Ray in about 5 minutes. Dry it up. You're a strong girl, you and I both know it too," Grace commented as Ali dried up her tears.

5 minutes later........
" Ali, Honey are you ok in there," Grace questioned.
" Yeah. I'm ok," Ali said.
She opened the door to the stall.
" Read it, I can't bear to see it," Ali said anxiously.
She closed her eyes and turned her back from Grace.
Grace laughed, her laughs turned into crying.
" Oh my freaking God Ali! You're a Mommy and Ray's a new Daddy," Grace exclaimed.
Ali was looked awestruck.
" Oh my God Grace! Ray's going to freak out in a good way," Ali said.
" Let's go tell him," Grace said.







The girls unlocked and came out of the bathroom. They both went out to the booth. Ray was at the bar when Ali went and told him. Grace went straight back to the booth, so Ali could tell Ray herself. The next the rest of the group saw was Ray picking up Ali. He was all over her, hugging and kissing her all over. They went back to the booth together.
" What's up with them? They get all of their tax money back or something," asked Gerard.
" You'll see Gerard, you'll see. we just found out," Grace replied.
Ray and Ali came back together, hand in hand to the booth.
" Ya'll we got terrific news! I just found out that Ray and I are going to have a baby," Ali exclaimed.
We all clapped together in unison for their great news. Ray and Ali locked lips for a long while as Ali and Ray, both started to cry.
Frank and I decided that we had enough to eat and we were going to go shopping.
" Frank, I want to have a baby tonight if you're not tired from the show," Grace commanded angrily.
" Me too sweetheart, tonight I promise," Frank said.
" Do you want to go to the mall uptown or downtown," Frank asked , changing the subject quickly.
" Doesn't matter Frank, just as long as we're together somewhere," Grace said.
Frank headed north on the highway. The car was silent as Frank and Grace held hands, while Frank shifted the gears with the other hand.
Finally, Frank and Grace pulled up into a big parking lot. They got out of the car and examined the size of the 4 story mall, wondering if they would make it through with out spending a fortune. After getting out Frank met Grace on the passenger side of the car, she got out. He wrapped his arm around her waist and hers wrapping around his.
" I wanted to go into Victoria Secret and get some new bras and undies. I quite sure you don't. Do you want to into the Hot Topic stores or the watch store that you love splurging your money on," Grace asked.
" I'll go into Hot Topic and get both us a pair of Dickies. What size do you need, I can't remember," Frank said willingly.
" That's okay dokie by me. I need a size 9 in juniors, Sweetie," Grace said knowingly.

As they both entered the main gate of the first floor they said their goodbyes, kissed and hugged each other and both were on their way.
Just as Frank and Grace parted from each other, a bunch of groupies attacked Frank! They were all girls and a couple of guys wanting his autograph and wanting pictures taken with him. Grace madly rushed over to aid her boyfriend. She pushed through the crowd.
" Everybody watch out my boyfriend and I got shopping to do," Grace exclaimed holding Frank's hand. " Guys I want you to meet Grace my girlfriend, she is the love of my life and we got shopping to do. Sorry about the pictures and signatures you guys didn't get but, we have to go," Frank explained.
" I hate groupies sometimes, sometimes I wish I weren't famous," Frank considered.
" Don't say that Baby, that's how I met you and your wacky brothers," Grace replied angrily.
" Sorry Honey but, here's your stop it's the girly store. It's not my place to be I'm gonna go upstairs to the HotTopic store. I'll call you on your cell when I'm done, or you call me," Frank said.
" Ok sweetheart will do. You got my number? It's 623-9771. Yours is 623-9778 right," Grace commented.
" Yep. Go to it I'll call after I'm done," Frank commented.


Grace walked off into the Victoria's Secret store. She needed some savvy new undies and a couple of new bras. After about thirty minutes of shopping, her cell phone rang. It was Mikey, he said that the show had been canceled due to Sam Erickson having family issues. Great! Finally some time alone for her and Frank and the rest of her great friends. She called Frank immediately. His cell phone rang about three times before he picked up.
" Hey Honey, it's me did you get the phone call about the show being cancelled," Grace asked.
" Yep. I did, can to the HotTopic upstairs? I want you to meet some people I know. If ya will," Frank asked.
" Sure, I'll be up in a couple of minutes. Ok gotta go. Love ya much baby," Grace replied.
" I love you too Gracie," Frank answered back.

Grace quickly took the elevator up to the next level and, she finally found the store. She hurried down the aisle to meet Frank.
" Hey Baby, I want you to meet someone. He's a really good friend of mine. This is Don Gilmore, my producer," Frank pointed out.
" Hi Don, I've heard much about you. My name's Grace. By the way you have done a wonderful job on the last two albums, just to tell you," Grace replied.
" Hi Grace nice to meet you. Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it," Don replied sweetly.
Frank smiled, he was very happy because he wanted Don to meet Grace.
Grace stood very close to Frank and she put her arm around his waist. Along with all her shopping bags. Frank noticed the gesture and did the same.
After about 10 to 15 minutes of conversation, they all finally said their goodbyes. They all parted to the other different department stores.
" Well, that went well Honey. I got some things at hot topic for the both of us. Got you a pair of dickies and me another Rancid hoodie. Mikey, wore mine and then he lost it," Frank said.
" Awesome Sweetheart. About the clothing line I think you should put out a BABY skeleton crew clothing line. Since we're going to be expecting in a couple of hours. I can't wait to see the look on everybody's face when they find out," Grace replied.
" Yep, it should be very interesting," Frank said shyly.


Hours passed until they finally finished the whole entire mall through. Well almost the whole mall. They had went to the Carter's baby store to buy new clothes for Ali and Ray's baby , and the baby of their own. They then went back to the arena where the bus was............



Chapter 9---AC



I slowly opened my eyes, confused as to why I had woken up. I looked around, and as my eyes adjusted to the dark, I could see the faint outline of someone kneeling next to my bunk.

I jumped, and they laughed quietly.

"I guess you're up, then."

I sat up slightly, trying not to bump my head, and blinking rapidly, as if it would clear my vision and pull away the darkness.

"Wh-what?" I muttered sleepily.

"You were shivering," he whispered, beginning to stroke my arm gently. The warmth from his hand made me suddenly aware of how cold it really was- I could feel goosebumps covering me, and my teeth were chattering.

"Geez, it's c-cold," I sighed, laying down again and curling into a ball.

"I know... I thought I might keep you warm..."

I could hear the smile in his voice, and I sighed.

"Fine, Frank, get in here..."

I lifted the corner of my thin blanket, and he boosted himself into my bunk, pulling the covers up, nearly over our heads as he settled in.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close until our foreheads and our knees were touching. I tried to ignore the fluttering feeling in my chest, blaming it on my fatigue.

"Better?" he asked, still sounding like he was smiling.

"Warmer," I whispered. "I don't get it, it wasn't this cold in here when we went to sleep..."

"Mmm... who knows..."

"Stayed up talking to Gee ..." he muttered, rubbing my arm. " He went to bed, and I fell asleep watching TV... woke up to get some water... and I was worried you girls had frozen to death."

"I don't see you climbing into bed with anyone else," I said slyly. He chuckled, but then sounded serious all of a sudden...

"I'm not as close with the rest of them as I am with you... and you're so tiny... and they seemed fine..."

He carefully slid even closer to me.

"You know I care about you, right?"

"Yeah," I said, biting my lip. "You're one of my best friends, Frank..."

'Best, best, BEST friends...'

"Am I?"

He sounded... disappointed?

"Well yeah, I mean... I wouldn't let just anyone climb into my bunk..."

"Oh."

"Why?"

"Just wondering..."

Sounded like he was smiling again, but... forced.

I reached up and gently ran my hand through his hair.

"You sure?"

"Mhmm..."

"Cause we are really, really good friends, Frankie..."

"Yep."

"And you can tell me anything, you know that right?"

"Can, but don't."

"What? ...Why?"

"Well be serious, now... there's some things you just don't need to know... or I... don't want you to know..."

"Aw come on... like what?"

"If I told you, that'd kind of kill my whole point..."

"Please? You can't see me, but... I'm pouting, Frankie..."

He sighed and fidgeted a little.

"It's not important..."

I scoffed. "You're no fun..."

"Yep," he muttered. "I know. No fun at all. Boring old Frank, that's me..."

"Come on, just tell me one thing..."

"No!"

"Why not?"

"We should be sleeping, I think-"

"Just one thing!"

"-we'll be late for sound check if we sleep in again-"

"What could possibly be so bad-"

"-and I'm tired all of a sudden-"

"-that you can't tell me?"

He stopped talking abruptly, and even through the darkness, I could feel him staring at me. Now I was almost too warm, and very aware that my hand was resting on the crook of his neck, and his hand was on my waist; we were exchanging heat, and feelings...

"You'd be surprised," he whispered.

"Try me."

I think I knew what was going to happen before he did it- there was a sudden surge of emotion between us, before he hesitated and then gently caressed my cheek, as he pulled me towards him and kissed me.

He sighed as he settled back into the sheets, as if relieved. I tried to find something to say, but it felt like he had stolen my tongue when he stopped kissing me.

"We should go to sleep," he muttered after a while, rolling over onto his other side, away from me.

I stared blankly at the dark figure lying next to me for what felt like hours, before reaching out again, and wrapping my arm around his waist, pulling myself closer to his back. I kissed him lightly on the back of his neck, and snuggled into him.

"I feel the same way, Frankie," I whispered. I waited for him to answer, but as my eyelids grew heavier, and he still lay there silently, I let myself drift off to sleep again.



I wasn't entirely surprised when I woke up alone the next morning. But I didn't expect to have three extra blankets draped over me. I smiled and slowly pulled myself out of my bunk, and padded over to our kitchenette for some coffee.

A few minutes later, I heard the rustling of sheets, a loud yawn, and slow, lazy footsteps. I looked up at Ali, smiling tiredly at her and pulling out another mug.

"Holy crap man, it's freaking cold," she said, shivering. "Why the heck is it so cold...?"

I shrugged and handed her the cup, sitting on the couch with my own.

"It was cold last night too," I said.

She furrowed her eyebrows, and shuffled over to the small thermostat on the wall. She scoffed.

"Well no wonder... it's 30 degrees outside, and this thing says someone turned our air conditioning on last night..."


REVIEW PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEASSSSSSSSE!! I'm not begging you but you know that you want to...
Sign up to rate and review this story