Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Ambience [Frerard]

When the New Boy Came to Town

by RosaSaur 2 reviews

Lang frowned and nodded. ‘They might be. They’re mean to people, so why not dragons?’

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-12 - Updated: 2009-02-13 - 1029 words

1Ambiance
When The New Boy Came To Town.
Chapter 2



I got the kids their treats, it was only a small piece of chocolate each, but it was more than they would ever ask for. They knew we had next to no money, so never asked for expensive things. We had almost got them a TV, but our electricity circuits weren’t strong enough to take it, and we would just end up having blackouts.

Lang happily ambled along next to me. She had decided to eat her sweet on the way home rather than wait.

‘Gee, how do they get the wrapper so shiny?’ She asked, smoothing out the small square if paper.

I glanced down at her before answering. ‘You know, I have no idea. How do you think they do it?’

She grinned, tucking the paper into her pocket so she wouldn’t lose it. ‘I think they stole Teo-ju’s magic from him and used that.’

I rolled my eyes and chuckled. ‘I don’t think they would be that mean to a dragon.’

Lang frowned and nodded. ‘They might be. They’re mean to people, so why not dragons?’

‘How do you mean they’re mean to people Lang?’

‘Well, look at us. We have eight girls, three boys and two big people living in a three roomed house! That’s not very nice is it Gee?’

I shook my head and sighed. ‘No, I suppose it isn’t.’

Lang was silent the rest of the way home, scuffing the front of her white sandals into the dusty ground, causing clouds of dirt to be left in her wake.

We reached the orphanage and Lang ran straight though to the children’s bedroom, yelling ‘Gerard has treats, Gerard has treats!’

Moments later I was surrounded by children. I heard a laugh from the corner of the room and looked over to see who it was. Standing there was a man, obviously in his 20’s with dark brown hair sat messily on-top of his head. He was wearing a short sleeved white t-shirt and baggy black shorts that ended just below his knee. Stood next to him was a small suit-case. So he must be the new aid-worker.

‘Okay kids,’ I said, delving my hand in the paper bag containing what they were waiting for. ‘There’s one each, except for Lang because she ate hers. Make sure you’re not late for dinner tonight, as we have a guest so after you’ve eaten your chocolate and played for a bit make sure you wash your hands and face.’

I gave them a piece of chocolate each and watched them run into the other room, all with big grins on their faces.

I put the paper bag down and dusted off my hands before walking over to where the new worker and Marie now stood.

‘Er… hello?’ I asked, almost forgetting to switch languages.

Marie ginned at me, obviously pleased with the way I handled the kids. ‘Gerard, this is Frank our new helper. Frank, Gerard. He’s been here six months and plans to stay for another year, so you won’t be lonely.’

Frank held out a hand and smiled shyly. ‘Hey Gerard.’

I took his hand and shook it, taking a good look at his face. Fuck, he was gorgeous. ‘Call me Gee,’ I smiled and turned towards Marie. ‘Want some help cooking dinner?’

She shook her head. ‘No, I want you to show Frank around the house, introduce him to the kids and maybe give him a small tour around the city if you can fit all that in before dinner.’

I nodded and looked at Frank, gesturing for him to follow me. ‘So, Frank, where you from?’ I asked as I made my way into the kids bedroom.

‘Oh, America, er, New Jersey to be exact.’

I smiled. ‘I’m from Chicago. When are you due to head back?’

‘In about a year. Marie said I can sign on for longer if I want, but I’ll see how it goes.’

I nodded again as I clapped my hands, immediately grabbing the children’s attention. I switched languages automatically as I spoke to them.

‘This is Frank. He is our new helper, so everyone be polite and courteous. If you all stand up and say your names, and then as a task I want you to say a sentence about yourself in English.’

Tian jumped up first, grinning at Frank. ‘My name is Tian-Rong, but call me Tian, and I can do a cartwheel!’

Frank looked at her, impressed. ‘Wow, I wish I could do a cartwheel!’

Tian giggled. ‘They aren’t that hard, maybe I could teach you!’

Frank nodded. ‘Id like that a lot Tian, thank you.’ He smiled at her, causing her to giggle again before she sat down.

Liang stood up and dusted of her dress before she spoke. ‘I’m Liang and I like it when Gee tells us stories. Could you tell us a story sometime Frank?’

Frank nodded. ‘Of course I could.’

Everyone else introduced themselves to Frank, and Shi-Hui was the last.

He stood up with help from the other children and looked up at Frank through a curtain of messy black hair.

‘I’m Shi-Hui,’ he whispered. ‘And I don’t expect you to like me, I’m ugly. But if you don’t that’s okay, because Gee tells me that I’m not ugly, just different and that can be a good thing.’

Frank kneeled down so he was eye level with the boy. ‘Shi-Hui your not ugly. You’re perfect just like every other child here.’

Shi-Hui smiled slightly at Frank before sitting down. After me and Frank had left the room, I turned to face him.

‘Frank, that was a wonderful thing you did. Shi-Hui is very self conscious as some of the kids in the town make fun of him, so for you, a complete stranger, to say something like that to him means a lot. Thank you.’

Frank smiled, his head tilted to the side slightly. ‘I was only telling him the truth anyway,’ he said.
Sign up to rate and review this story