Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One Of The Boys

Over The Summer, Something's Changed

by kissmysass 4 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-02-14 - Updated: 2009-02-16 - 736 words

3Original
Hey Ab u still comin 2moro
-G


I was standing at the airport gate, headed for my father's house nearly a month early. I bit my bottom lip before replying.

Already @ dad's

"Excuse me, ma'am, can I help you with that bag?" Bert McCracken asked as he walked over to me. I cocked my eyebrow, just a month ago, he would rather have jumped off a bridge than associate with me.
"I'll take that as a yes. Which gate are you at?" He asked picking up my carry on. I scoffed. It was miniscule, and I could have easily carried it on my own.
"You do realize who you're talking to, right?" I asked, pulling my sunglasses away from my eyes. His eyes widened, and he dropped my bag.
"Abbey, what happened to you? You're... You're hot." He stuttered. I smiled, slyly, thanking the lord for that copy of Seventeen I'd read while I dyed my hair the night before.
"I'm going to gate 12." I said as I walked ahead of him, swinging my hips flirtatiously with each step. After 10 steps, I turned my head to see if he'd followed, and he was right behind me. I stopped in front of the starbucks kiosk.
"I'm thirsty, but... I forgot my wallet." I said, pouting. Bert reached into his pocket and produced a ten dollar bill. I smiled and took it from him. Any other time, a two dollar cup of coffee would have sufficed, but today, since it was on Bert, I set my sights on the $5.80 chocolate mint frappucino.
"Thanks, Bert." I said as I took a sip of my frappucino. He nodded and put the change into his pocket.
"What brings you to the airport on this miserable New Jersey morning?" I asked as we approached my gate. He shrugged.
"Family vacation. Florida. Fucking Disney World..." He mumbled.
"Oh, what a shame." I said as the plane to Phoenix, Arizona arrived.
"Where you headed to?" He asked. I pointed to the gate.
"Arizona. Divorced parents. It's a pain in the ass." I said as I took my cell from my pocket to shut it off. Bert quickly took it from me and began rapidly typing. After a moment, he showed me his new entry in my phone book.
"That's my cell. Text me while you're gone, and maybe when you get back we can hang out." He said. I shrugged as I shut my phone off.
"I'll think about it." I said as I grabbed my carry on and headed for the gate, ticket in hand.
This flirting thing is a lot easier than I thought it would be.

"Wow, Abbey, what have you done to yourself? You look fabulous!" My dad said as I emerged from the gate in Airzona. I smiled and ran to hug him.
"I made some changes, you like?" I asked.
"I like it much better than the Abbey that drywalls and paints on the weekends, that's for sure." He said as he spun me around to get a better look.
"Where did you get those clothes?" Dad's boyfriend, Chester, asked. I smiled.
"Mom and I went shoping last night. She hasn't spent any money on new clothes for me all year, so she gave me a thousand dollars." I explained. Dad and Chester smiled.
"Our little boy's finally figured out she's our little girl, and then started to grow up!" Chester said, fake tears welling up in his eyes. I laughed and tossed my hair over my shoulder. Dad smiled and winked at me.
"So, what's his name?" He asked. Fake shock spread across my face.
"What are you talking about?" I asked, looking to Chester for help. Chester shook his head.
"The reason you went shopping and bleached your hair." Chester explained. I glared and walked away, headed for the starbucks kiosk. Dad and Chester came running after me, and each grabbed an arm to stop me.
"Alright, alright, we won't talk about that. What do you want to do tonight. We left it unplanned so that you could pick." Chester said as they dragged me through the airport to the baggage claim. I looked up and smiled.
"Karaoke bar." I said as I pointed to my new luggage, coming around on the carousel.
"All five of those suitcases are yours?" Dad asked. I nodded fervently. They rolled their eyes and went off to grab my suitcases.
Sign up to rate and review this story