Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pevie

Embrace the Poodle

by moocow 0 reviews

It's a small world after all, but I still hate that stupid Disney song.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-02-14 - Updated: 2009-02-15 - 1312 words

2Moving
By the time we approached the club, a line had formed well around the corner, obviously irritating Joe. His shoulders shrug even more as the ground shook with the first song of the night.

“We are gonna miss them!” he announced, looking towards me. I gulped, unsure of what to do, and simply just walked until we stood in the back of the line. Joe nudged me once there and I turned to see his eyebrows perked up.

“How much do you trust me?” he asked. I creased my eyebrows together and then shrugged.

“Considering I have only known you for maybe a half an hour…” I paused and Joe shook his head, and linked his arm in mine.

“Good, because I am going to leave you for now,” he spoke fast and in an instant the poodle-head ran around the corner and who-knows-where. I sighed and crossed my arms, tilting my head to the sky to see the clear blue fading into a darker shade. About fifteen minutes later, Joe arrived back, with a devious smile on his face.

“What?” I asked. Joe grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the line.

“I got my friend to let us in VIP,” he said quickly. “That’s like major macho points, right?” he asked next. I laughed as we entered the dark club and become overwhelmed with the sound of loud music and the smell of alcohol. Feeling lost, I turned to Joe who cupped my elbow and led me through the crowd to a cleared space near the side of the stage. I lifted my head up and looked to the stage to see the singer taking a break, drinking from a water bottle with his back to our side of the crowd.

"Which one is your friend?" I asked and Joe lazily acknowledged the singer I had just been staring at. He turned around at that moment and in turn, noticed Joe. As he walked closer and pushed back the hood of his jacket, I felt my mouth forming a shocked expression.

“Pete.” I said shortly, teeth gritted. Joe laughed from behind me and reached up, giving Pete a small handshake while Pete winked at me and threw a toothy grin. As he walked back into his space center stage, Joe leaned towards my ear.

“You know him?” he asked, his voice growing louder as the band started up. I nodded and swayed as the mosh-pit by us knocked a teenager into me. Joe smiled flatly and wrapped a somewhat protective arm around my waist. I scoffed and nodded, leaning back to reach Joe’s ear.

“He hit on me at the coffee shop before you showed up!” I explained. Joe giggled and stifled it as soon as he started.

“Sounds like him,” he mentioned. I pouted but decided to make the best of the night and actually enjoy myself. Slowly, I redirected my vision to the stage and sighed as Pete looked over as well. Joe laughed again and gave me a friendly squeeze. “Definitely sounds like him.”

The show went on and as miserable as I thought it was going to be, I let myself go and found myself worn out from dancing with Joe afterwards. As soon as the show ended however, Joe was quick to shove me through the crowd towards the VIP area. With a quick flash of our wristbands, I found myself being dragged into a small room where the band was now unwinding. I stood hopelessly at the door as Joe walked over to the group of individuals I would rather avoid.

“Evie,” I blinked once before recognizing the voice and turned slowly to see Pete smiling down at me, sweat lining his forehead and neck. Then, I realized he had pronounced my name wrong.

“It is actually ehh-vee, not ee-vee,” I explained. Pete shrugged before looking over at Joe.

“Small world, huh?” he glanced back at me and I tilted my head to the side slightly.

“I guess,” It was then that Joe interrupted us and gave an excited high-five to Pete before they joined in a bro-hug.

“So I hear you’ve been hitting on Evie,” Joe announced, convincing me to prepare myself for one hell of a conversation. Pete shrugged and shifted his glance back towards me.

“I may have,” he paused before unleashing another grin of pure egotistical smug. “I couldn’t resist, what with her sarcastic attitude towards me.”

I crossed my arms, unimpressed and rolled my eyes, letting them land on Joe. He let his lower lip protrude as he shrugged at Pete and the two stepped away for a conversation of their own. Left alone, I inched towards the back of a couch while simultaneously pulling out my cell phone. Finding I had no service (still) I sighed and leaned against the piece of furniture, facing the ever idiotic duo. Surprisingly, I found their glances already on me.

“What?” I muttered. Joe shoved his hands in his pockets before swaying slightly and smiling rather innocently.

“Can we hang out with you?” he asked. I creased my eyebrows together.

“We are hanging out, Joe,” I pointed out. Pete interjected.

“He means can we storm your house and freeload off of you,”

I held back a response and shifted my vision back at poodle-head. Joe gulped faintly and grinned again.

“More or less,”

I felt my teeth clench my lower lip before my eyes began to widen in an almost dumbfounded way.

“What?” I stood up and felt my walls building up, making me appear angry, I’m sure. “What makes you think you can hang out with me at my house when we just met?” That was mostly directed at Joe, but I swear I didn’t want it to have a bitter tone. He sulked for a moment and then looked at Pete for help. I turned to him and he puckered out his lips in thought.

“His hair is kind of awesome, you know,” he laughed shortly and ran a hand through his own. “More awesome than mine,”

I widened my eyes in amazement, utterly astounded by how these two minds worked. In a moment of talking to myself inside my own brain, I sighed, and almost regretfully I shrugged. Even worse, they took that as a good sign and of all the actions Pete could have done he decided it would be funny to pick me up in a giant hug and twirl me around. Yelping shortly and then smacking his arm as he set me down I sharply turned out of the area and began quickly shuffling myself out of the club. Hearing them behind me I sped up but found there was no escape. Outside, Joe stopped me in another hug and made sure to snuggle his hair in the crevice of my neck.

“Evie!” he screamed, it muffled of course in my shoulder. "I’m sorry!” I widened my eyes as another body plowed into us, this time another head peaking over my shoulder; Pete.

“We just want to be friends with you, Miss Out-of-bounds.” For the first time that night, I smiled at one of his remarks. Relaxing in their arms, I found my mind making a heated decision that would eventually (oh lord) effect the rest of my life. As the two stepped away to stare me down with big and rather adorable puppy-dog eyes I took a deep breath in.

“Fine,” I answered. The two stepped forward suddenly to engulf me in another hug when I raised a hand up, stopping them. “But no more hitting on me,”

While I tried to comprehend what I had just initiated with these boys, I couldn’t help but smile at my willingness to allow people in, even through my eighty feet steel walls. Life was looking a little brighter.
Sign up to rate and review this story