Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Pevie

Rent-A-Girlfriend

by moocow 3 reviews

The King of Hearts does not have a moustache. Chuck Norris is to blame, I persume.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-02-15 - Updated: 2009-02-16 - 1883 words

3Moving
In three weeks time my entire life had been turned upside-down. Joe and I had continued our jobs at the coffee shop while Pete carried on shows down the block with his band. We had really started to become the best of friends and nothing had made me want to pack up my things and leave… quite yet, that is.

It was a normal day brewing coffee, for me at least. Joe was obviously at school and that meant a lonely shift for me on my least favorite day of the week; Monday. Business had been slow and even my boss had locked himself in his office due to the boredom. I was currently sitting at one of the barstools I had moved behind the counter, with my feet up on another reading the latest letter from Ashley.

Your house is still empty, as always, though it has not gone up for sale. I think somebody is still paying the mortgage… or something…

“You come here often?” I glanced up at the voice of Pete and softly smiled as he leaned over the counter, resting his elbows on the granite.

“What are you doing on this side of town on a Monday?” I asked.

Pete took a big breath and pursed his lips together before looking me dead in the eye with a serious face.

“I’ve come to ask you something,” he paused and I placed the paper back on my lap and cupped my mug of coffee back in my hands.

“What?” I prompted. Pete offered a grin.

“Do you want to be my girlfriend…?”

In that moment the mug slipped from my grasp and fell to the ground with enough spilling out to burn my hand. While snapping my hand up to my mouth to tend to my wound I stood up and cried out as Ashley’s letter fell straight into the spilled coffee. Widening my eyes first at Pete, who stood frozen in amazement, I then looked back down at the ground and fell to both start cleaning it up and escape from the gaze of Pete.

“Damnit…” I whispered, sweeping up the broken porcelain and finally picking up the drenched paper. Standing up to his level, I placed it on the counter next to him.

“This letter was important, too, you know!” I reprimanded. Pete rolled his eyes and raised an arm to place his chin in a hand.

“You’re the one that didn’t let me finish my sentence,” he muttered.

I felt one of my eyes twitch in irritation and shook my head as I placed the soaked up dish rag I had used to clean the coffee in the nearby sink.

“There isn’t much to say after that,” I mumbled, slowly turning around and raising an eyebrow. Pete smirked and stood up straight.

“Well,” he waited for me to turn fully towards him. “I need you to be my girlfriend for a while…” I cut him off.

“So you’re using me?” I inquired.

Pete slapped his hand to his face and let out a frustrated groan.

“Jesus woman, will you just let me finish!?”

I gulped and inched more towards him in a friendly manner, taking the moment of silence to move around the counter and sit where he was. He turned to me and breathed out.

“Now…” he scratched his neck for a moment. “I’m not really using you, I just need you to be my girlfriend because I sort of stretched the truth to one of my band mates and told them that…” he neglected to make eye contact with me. “We were dating…” his eyes shifted back to mine nervously and he took a cautious step backward. I creased my eyebrows together in amusement.

“You have got to be kidding me, Pete,” I hesitated for a moment. “Wait!” I stood up and pointed a finger at him. “This isn’t another one of your ploys is it?” Pete looked too pleased. “You just want an excuse to kiss me again, don’t you?”

Pete simply laughed out loud and came towards me with his arms in front of him, shaking them in a ‘no’ fashion.

“I think you just want to kiss me!” he suggested.

“Well excuse me!” I planted my hands on my hips and turned my annoyed face on. “I’m not the one asking you if you want to start a relationship!”

Pete let another short laugh out and attempted to grab at me. I moved back and raised my arm up in striking position.

“Well you just did!” he announced and in my moment of dumbfounded-ness, he scooped me up and defeated me with a bear hug. When our madness dwindled down and the seriousness came back to us, he put me back on solid ground and I eyed him curiously.

“Pete,” I called. He hummed in response and I sighed. “I’m only going to help you this once, but you are going to be in a world of hurt if this is a joke,” He simply smiled and nodded.
“Don’t worry babe,” I rolled my eyes again and pushed at him as he slapped a wet kiss on my cheek. “See you,”

With that he was gone and I took a moment to reflect on what had just really happened. Remembering that he had told me he had lied to his band mates about getting with me yelled out something somewhat suspicious. However, I shook it away and took this as another one of Pete’s crazy antics. It could have been worse, I suppose.

*

I was in the shower when I heard rustling in the living room of my apartment. Thinking it may have just been my conscious getting the best off me, I tried to push it to the back of my head, but soon found myself slowly turning off the water and fishing outside the curtain for a towel. Securing one around my body and another one around my hair I cautiously opened the bathroom door and peered down the hallway to find it dark and empty, the front door closed and all the locks bolted and locked. Breathing a sigh of relief, I undid the towel in my head and began to rub it against my hair and scalp to gather up most of the water there. While doing this though I ventured the opposite way down the hall towards my room where I had left the light on and the door closed. The minute I opened the door however, I found myself screaming sharply at the sight of Pete sitting on my bed. His eyes instantly shot from his phone to me and the minute he noticed my lack of clothing they widened with the addition of a small haughty smile. I instantly ran over and smacked him on the arm before holding my arms to my chest to make sure the towel stayed there.

"Well forget about the date, let’s just ‘go back to your place' now!” he joked. I breathed out and closed my eyes for a brief moment before moving towards my walk-in closet and closing the door to the point where he couldn’t see me but I could still hear him.

“How the hell did you get in?” I asked finally. I heard Pete let out a short laugh.

“You shouldn’t leave keys under flowerpots,” he responded. I smiled to myself as I pulled on a pair of jeans.

“I thought we were going to meet up at my work,” I voiced.

“I wanted to make sure you wear the right thing,” he replied with. Instantly, I poked my head out to look at him and noticed the tux he was wearing and let my eyes widen in confusion.

“What the hell?” I exclaimed. Pete grinned and shrugged, standing up and walking towards me. Considering I was just standing in my bra and my jeans that weren’t even buttoned properly, you can’t blame me for almost slamming the door on him. He paused and waited for me to let him in before he came any closer. I watched, impressed with the way his eyes did not stray from my face.

“The club is holding some kind of charity benefit and it is totally something out of a Bond movie themed, so you gotta wear something sexy Bond girl,” he explained. I slowly nodded before turning to look at the small selection of dresses I had hanging from the rack. That’s when I shifted my glance to the mirror in the back of the closet and noticed Pete’s eyes had lowered towards my ass.

“Staring at it won’t make it any more touchable, you know,” I spoke. I heard the smallest smirk and grabbed a deep red dress from a hangar and held it up to my chest. It was strapless and went a little bit past my knees and was classy but had tons of sex appeal at the same time. Pete tilted his head to one side and reached out to finger the fabric before nodding.

“I like this one,” he moved his hand to point out his red tie. “We will match,” I laughed slightly to myself before pushing my hand to his chest and shoving him away.

“Good, now get out so I can change and get ready,” Pete complied and for the first time since I’ve known him he stayed out of my way as I moved across my room, curling my hair and doing my makeup, all the while keeping a close eye on me. Needless to say, I was still slightly skeptical of his intentions tonight. When I was finally ready to go, I stopped in front of him to find him staring down at his phone again.

“Hey, come on,” I urged. He looked up and turned into a cartoon character for a moment with how big his eyes got. Though it was only for a second, I saw it. He stood up and stared down at me and I raised my eyebrows back.

“Uhm,” he took a brief moment to turn and push back some of my covers to reveal a small bouquet of daisies. “I got these for you,”

I must admit my heart stuttered momentarily at the sight of them. Daises were my favorite and the last time I had received some was on my 16th birthday from my father. I glanced from them up to Pete’s face and noted the light blush he held and was quick to find amusement in the childish look. Taking the flowers, I held them up to my nose for a quick inhale.

“I love daisies, you know,” I mentioned promptly. Pete breathed a sigh of relief.

“Good, because I can’t afford roses,” he joked. I laughed at this.

“Well that is good because I am allergic to roses,” he pointed at me and moved to open my bedroom door.

“I’ll keep that in mind,” he turned to look back at me. “Shall we go?” he asked. I nodded and tucked a daisy in my hair behind my ear before placing the rest on my nightstand.

“Let’s blow this popsicle stand,”
Sign up to rate and review this story