Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Deceiving.

Three is a magic number.

by goodgollyitsHOLLY 4 reviews

Chapter tres!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-23 - 1199 words

1Original
I hadn't planned on updating today but once I saw I had some reviews I got really excited and decided that maybe I should.


Three

"I should have known." Brendon sighed before taking another long sip. "I mean, it makes sense."
"You aren't mad?"
"Honestly? No," He shook his head. "I should have seen it coming. They've always been close but I didn't think they were...that close."
"I'm sorry Brendon."
"I'm not."
"What?" What? Why not?" "What do you mean?"
"Between you and me...I was using her."
"For what?" He had to have been lying.
"To get closer to one of her friends." He winked at me before getting up to get another beer. There was no fucking way he could have directed that at me...right? I could only hope.

:-:-:

"Mm, so that'll be five hundred in cash please." Holly said looking down at Ryan from her spot on top of him, still coming down off her Ryan induced high.
"What are you talking about?"
"Well, I'm a pirate hooker so it only makes sense to collect cash from the men I have sex with." She giggled before Ryan laughed.
"I love you." He laughed as Holly climbed off of him and cuddled into his side, drawing shapes on his bare chest.
"I hope I can find my bra. I really like that one. It made my boobs look amazing."
"It's somewhere in this room." He smiled, thinking of what they had just done and would probably do again soon. "So do you think he saw?"
"Who, Brendon?" Ryan nodded. "I don't care anymore. I was only using him anyway. I'm probably the worst person in this history of forever, but it's true."
"For what? And no you're not."
"Oh, to get closer to his best friend that I'm madly in love with." She giggled as a pretty blush crept over her face and chest. "And he's a pretty good lay so I think I'll keep him around, even if things blow up with Brendon."
"Oh a good lay huh?"
"Mhm." Holly smiled before Ryan pinned her again.
"I love you." He told her as he looked deep into her blue eyes.
"I love you too." She smiled before kissing him and starting the second round of many to come.

:-:-:

"So you wanna go back to my place and talk?" Brendon asked as we walked out to his car. I nodded, unable to speak. I was excited and scared at the same time. I had never been to Brendon's apartment before and I had no other clothes than the barely there ones that I had on now. If you could even call them clothes. "I can give you a t-shirt and some sweat pants if you want." It was like he read my mind. He was perfect AND available now...or would be very soon.
"That would be great, thanks."
"So did you know? Anything?"
"No, I had no idea. I mean I had suspicions that she had a little crush on him but I didn't think they were...together."
"I wonder how long it's been going on." He pondered as he drove. One would assume that there would have been a lot of tension in the car, but there was none. Everything seemed fine.
"I'm not sure." I said quietly before he pulled into his parking spot. "I don't understand how she could do it."
"She did the same thing I did though, so I can't be mad at her."
"Are you mad at Ryan?"
"I should be, but I'm not. She was more like a friend to me than anything. We just made out and held hands sometimes."
"So you're telling me you never had feelings for her at all?"
"Somewhat, but not anything major. It was all about getting to her friend the entire time. It didn't hurt that she's pretty though." I should have been mad at Brendon for saying this about my best friend, but I was way too curious about this mystery friend to be angry and let's face it; I could never stay mad at that face. “Anyway, what do you want to watch?”
“Oh, I don’t care.” I told him as I shifted my weight back and forth between my feet.
“Cool. I’ll get some sweats for you too so you can get out of...that.” He said as he moved his hand up and down, referring to my ridiculous outfit. “Here you go.” He said a few minutes later, handing me a white t-shirt and a dark blue pair of sweat pants. “The bathroom is the first door on the left. I’ll set up the movie while you go change.”
“Alright.” I nodded before heading into his bathroom. It was a typical male’s bathroom. It smelled like cologne and there were clothes and towels all over the floor. I quickly changed out of my costume, folding it up and placing it neatly on the counter before heading out to join a more comfortable looking Brendon on the couch. “We match.” I laughed as I sat down next to him. He smiled at me.
“Yeah, apparently I only like blue sweatpants.”
“American Apparel?”
“Yup.”
“She rubbed off on you a little then.” I chuckled.
“Only slightly. They have good shit.”
“That they do.” I agreed before Brendon picked up the remote and pressed play. The Office: Season One. “Good choice.”
“I love this show.”
“Yeah, it’s pretty funny.”
“Let me guess, you like Jim.”
“How can you not like Jim?”
“Touche. He’s a good guy.”
“Yeah, he is.” I giggled before leaning back in the way too comfortable couch. About half way into the second or third episode I noticed that Brendon was a lot closer to me than at the beginning of the DVD. Not that I was complaining though. And then, oh my goodness, he draped his arms around my shoulders. Ohshitohshitohshit. I had only been dreaming of this since, oh, forever. Calm down, Cait. It’s just a friendly gesture.
“You know Cait, that friend could be you.” He smirked before leaning in. Like he was going to kiss me. I wanted this so bad. But it couldn’t happen.
“Brendon, I’m sorry. I can’t.”
“What? Why not?”
“I don’t want to be your rebound.”
“But you aren’t. It’s been you this whole time. It’s you I want to be with Cait.” Impulsive Cait said to kiss him like I had always dreamed of, but rational Cait told me this was wrong and to wait until it was okay. Rational Cait won.
“Brendon, I have feelings for you too. I do, but this can’t happen. Not right now.” I told him as I got up from the couch. I ran into the bathroom to grab my things before heading out. I didn’t have a way home, so I hailed a cab and cried the whole way home. I was so angry. Not just at Brendon, but at myself and Holly.

She may seem like it, but Holly is not a bad person, I promise. Enjoy and review. :]
Sign up to rate and review this story