Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > One Of THOSE Nights

One Of THOSE Nights

by shelovestragedies 0 reviews

Brendon's dreams literally come true. Cool right? No.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-02-23 - Updated: 2009-02-24 - 976 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brendon’s POV. (most, if not all, of this story will be in Brendon's POV. Js.)

I shook a few pills into my hand to help me stay awake before heading upstairs.
“Night mom!”
“Night, Bren, love you.”

I walked into my room and shut the door, locking it. I grabbed a water bottle of my desk and swallowed the pills with water before curling up under the covers of my bed. It would be a long night, it always was when the pills worked. And although it was boring, and lonely to sit awake all night, I hoped to god that was what would happen. You see, ever since I was about twelve years old, some… odd things have been happening. Normal kids would dream about something like, growing wings and then flying into outer space and saving the world from space aliens. But I always dreamed about regular things, like tornadoes, or car accidents, or deaths. Stuff like that. And the thing is, whatever I dreamed, always came true. Especially when the dream was about someone I was close to. Five years later, I’m seventeen. And I’ve caused three deaths, four fires, eight breakups, a minor war (my dad was in the military), and countless pet deaths. Noone but me knows about it, and that’s the way I’d like it to stay. If someone’s mom dies I don’t want them to know it’s my fault. They’d probably kill me. Although, it’s not to say that the guilt itself doesn’t kill me. I have to take pills for depression thanks to that.

I could feel myself beginning to drift off and I cursed the pills. I’ve taken them so often my body must be building up an immunity to them. Sigh. Well, I’d just think about Ryan all night. That was guaranteed to keep me up. His perfect brown hair, and deep chocolate-colored eyes. The way his skinny jeans hugged his hips perfectly, accentuating how skinny he was. He was so amazing, and talented, and funny, and generous… and… and… and he wasn’t mine. He wasn’t gay, not even bisexual. I know, because I’ve heard him tell his friends. Which was bad for me, but whatever he chose would be fine with me. I’d still like him. I’d liked Ryan for years now, but never really had the courage to tell him. I was way too scared of being rejected. Besides, if I did get together with him, I’m afraid I’d have a nightmare, and something bad would happen to him.

I’d never want to hurt him.

With that thought lingering in my head, I unwillingly fell asleep.

In the dream…
I sat on a bench outside of the school, my eyes scanning the pages of The Gunslinger by Stephen King. I spotted movement from the corner of my eye and saw Ryan walking. I smiled but returned back to my book. I didn’t want to stare and have him think I was weird. He walked increasingly closer, and I thought he was just passing by. That is, until he stopped in front of me and called my name.
“Brendon?”
I looked up, confused. I didn’t think he even knew my name. But here he was, trying to talk to me.
“Um, Ryan, right?” Yeah. As if I didn’t know his name.
“Yeah. Can I sit next to you?”
“Um, sure.” I scooted over and moved my bag so that Ryan could sit next to me on the bench.
“So, Brendon. Um. I know this is gonna seem kind of weird, cause we don’t really know each other, but…” He trailed off.
I looked at him. “Yeah?” Wait, Ryan Ross, one of the schools most popular kids, and my crush of quite a few years was going to talk to me about something awkward? …Sweet.
“I, um, I was just wondering… er,” A blush spread over his face like he was embarrassed. “Doyouwanttogooutwithme?”
My mouth fell open and shock flooded through me. Had he just… asked me out? I was silent, still trying to wrap my mind around what had just happened. I guess he took my silence the wrong way because his face fell. He looked sad.
“I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me. I must’ve just made a fool of myself.” He stood up and began to walk away.
“Wait,” I said. I grabbed his arm to prevent him from moving further. He turned to look at me, and I was surprised to see tears pricking at his eyes.
“I-I’d love to, Ryan.” I smiled.
I wasn’t sure why I was so surprised, I knew that Ryan was an affectionate person. But still, I was taken off guard when he threw his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I froze, but after a moment hugged him back. I couldn’t believe this was happening. This is what I’d wished for for years.

The next morning I woke with a start, every moment of the dream implanted in my mind. What did that mean? Did that mean that he’d ask me out today? I hoped so. Hope in my mind, I got up and took a shower. I dried off and pulled on my jeans and a t-shirt, slipping a hoodie on over it. I pulled on my converse and blowdried my hair before going downstairs. I glanced at the clock, realizing I was a bit behind schedule. I grabbed a peanut butter Zone bar before grabbing my folders and keys. I made sure I had my phone and quickly went out the door. I climbed into my car and drove towards the school, still munching on my power bar.
Sign up to rate and review this story