Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

Turning Us Into Monsters

by rawrlittledino 3 reviews

Evie's right - Patrick is fucking hot when he's mad. Hence the sex warning.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Humor - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2009-02-24 - Updated: 2009-04-06 - 3249 words - Complete

1Hot
“Equinox is soon.”

Pete jumped at the sound of Andy’s voice, waking him from his thoughts. He hadn’t paid much attention to the date for weeks, months even. He couldn’t care less if it was a Tuesday or a Sunday; his depression had got the better of him since he had been turned. Evie became worried at the way he would ignore everyone around him, including her. He became more and more irritable, and after seeing Izzy again he became obsessed with finding out why she left in the first place. Consequently, Evie became more and more paranoid that their relationship was crumbling, all because he couldn’t see past his teeth. She could; she gave advice to Patrick when Izzy was first turned; it all came easily back then. Now, being in the same position, she found it hard to look past the teeth herself. She did, however, and now she was feeling more and more rejected with each day he kept himself to himself.

She looked over to where Andy had just mentioned a day they were all looking forward to, yet dreading at the same time.

“Equilux,” Pete mumbled, and Andy frowned and tilted his head.

“Excuse me?” He asked, and Pete locked eyes with him, making Andy flinch at how cold his glare was.

“Equilux. Equinox is a point in time, equilux is a day. It’s the equilux, not the equinox.” He sighed and stared back out of the window, watching the street lamp on the other side of the road flicker. Andy rolled his eyes and sighed too.

“Pete everyone calls it the Equinox, stop being pedantic.” Pete growled under his breath and Andy sighed once more, walking over to where Joe and Evie were finishing breakfast. He locked eyes with Evie and gave her a sympathetic look before joining them on the kitchen island. Pete continued to stare out of the window and Evie decided to try and wake him from the continuous depression that he had put himself into.

After slapping his shoulder a few times to get his attention, she motioned to the hallway for him to follow her. He sighed heavily and followed her reluctantly, dragging his feet like a child about to be reprimanded.

“Talk to me,” Evie ordered, and Pete creased his eyebrows together before smirking loudly.

“Why? I talk to you, is that why you pulled me out here, to talk?” He mocked, and the hurt expression on Evie’s face didn’t affect him the way it would have used to. She glared at him and frowned.

“Pete, we don’t talk like we’re together anymore. We just talk like we’re business partners or something.” Pete rolled his eyes, and Evie knew he wasn’t in a state to talk about their relationship. There were times when the old Pete would return, and the sparkle that used to be in his eye on a permanent basis would come back, and she could see why she married him once more. But most of the time, just like today, he was an arrogant little vampire with no respect for anyone. Not even his wife.

“Look, I’m not in the mood for this. You’re just paranoid. I don’t need you lecturing me on what I must or mustn’t do, I’m not a fucking two year old,” He raised his voice with each word, and by the end of the sentence he was practically screaming at her. She forced the tears that had surfaced back down, and regained composure before sighing.

“Fine, Pete, I don’t care anymore. Go do whatever you like because frankly,” She had to swallow her tears once more before continuing, and Pete raised an eyebrow when she paused. “Frankly, I don’t want to be around someone who is supposed to love me more than anything, but can’t even be bothered to give a flying fuck about me when I need him. So fuck you, Pete.” She speed-walked past him, bumping him in the shoulder as she went by. His eyes softened for a moment and he too swallowed tears he had been keeping to himself.

“It’s for the best,” he whispered, and gulped before heading upstairs to do research.

~~~

“Evie,”

Pete smiled at where his girlfriend had just collapsed on the floor, clutching her side from laughter. Pete laughed and pulled her up by her arm, and she giggled before staring at him. She had been leaning backwards on the sofa, making the blood rush to her head. She wavered on her feet slightly and Pete laughed when her eyes crossed. After regaining her composure, she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Are you guys staying home tonight? I haven’t seen you in ages...” She wined, and Pete frowned at her expression.

“I’m sorry baby, we’re hunting again –” Evie interrupted him, the smile gone from her face.

“Fine. I’ll stay here on my own again.” Pete gave her a sympathetic look, and tried to grab her arm, but she pulled away defensively.

“I don’t see why I can’t come, you’ve been training me,” She complained, and Pete shrugged slightly.

“You’re just not ready, you will be, soon.” Evie glared.

“Whatever. I’m going to watch a film. See you later.”


~~~

Patrick sat at the end of his bed, the same way he had done for the past three days.

He couldn’t stop thinking about her.

Ever since they met, he’d known that she’d be the one.

And ever since she’d been turned, he knew they would never be the same.

None of them knew why she had left, after months of being turned, she suddenly became someone that none of them recognised. She hated them all, including Patrick. She left, without an explanation, without even caring that she was crushing Patrick. He was crushed, not just because she left – but because she left with someone else.

William.

And they still didn’t know why.

Yet she came back, and she seemed different. Like her old self, like the person that he married. He saw her the other evening, and he couldn’t stop picturing her face. It was strange. He always told himself that if he ever saw her again, he would hate her for leaving him the way she did. He would be more than happy to stake her if she tried to attack any of them, he wouldn’t think twice of it. But when he saw those eyes, he couldn’t help himself falling in love with her – all over again. There was a difference in her appearance that he couldn’t quite place though – her features seemed to have aged, even though he knew she hadn't, her hair had grown and her clothes were more menacing. But there was something about her that he couldn’t quite make out – something making her even more terrifying than any vampire he had ever encountered. He should be scared of that; he should be scared of what she could do to him. But for some unknown reason, along with this new aura of evil around her, he also saw something he hadn’t seen since she had been turned.

Love.

“Patrick,” He was interrupted him from his thoughts as he found a tear stricken Evie at his doorway. He quickly rushed over to where she was standing, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“Evie, what the hell happened?” He pulled her away and examined her face, and she hiccupped before shrugging.

“I don’t know, Pete just seems to hate me, everything I seem to do lately is too stupid or too childish or too...” She trailed off, staring back at Patrick.

“He doesn’t think I’m good enough for him.” Patrick glared at the door, as if an invisible Pete was standing there. Evie continued.

“I can’t do anything right for him anymore, since he was turned he just seems to want to kill as many vampires as possible, which is fine, but,” She looked down. “But I’m losing him Patrick, I don’t want to lose him the way you lost-” She widened her eyes and cut herself off, and Patrick realised what she was about to say. His arms fell from her shoulders and his body language suddenly became very closed off. He didn’t want to talk about what happened.

“I’m sorry Patrick I-” He shushed her slightly, and sat her down.

“I’ll be back in a minute, okay?” She nodded, and he walked out of his room, closing the door behind him.

~~~

“Evie, come hunting tonight.” Evie widened her eyes and stared at Pete and Joe, who were standing in the doorway holding stake guns, smiling at her now shocked expression.

“You what now?” She muttered, and they smiled at each other before Pete came and sat at her side.

“Since Izzy left, we’ve had to make do without a vampire on our side, it’s been tough. But now you’re trained, you can help us out a bit. Admittedly it’s not the same, but it’s better than just us four.” Evie’s eyes gleamed, and she shot up out of the chair before grabbing the stake gun from Joe’s hand, making him mutter something about ‘girls’ and ‘laziness’ before stomping off to find another gun.

It was at this point Evie decided she didn’t actually want a gun, placing it back on the coffee table and picking up a few stakes. Joe returned, and glared at seeing his original stake gun abandoned, and glared at the two before picking it up. Evie giggled as he walked out of the room, and Pete pulled a face before they both followed him out to the car.

~~~

“Stake!” Someone directly behind her shouted, and Evie threw a stake after turning around, throwing a piece of wood to the voice that turned out to be Andy. She turned back to her own fight before kicking a vampire in the stomach, and staking another one in the chest. She turned to see the four guys caught up in their own little fights, before running after a vampire that had ran down an alleyway. She glared at the back of his head before aiming a stake, it narrowly missing him as he took a sharp turn down another alley. She stopped suddenly as she turned the corner, the vamp waiting around the wall for her.

“Hello pretty girl,” He whispered, and she tried to stab him, but was held back by something. She tried to turn – she couldn’t. She tried to move even her little finger – she couldn’t. The vampire moved to the side, and was replaced by someone she had only heard about in stories from the guys – William Beckett.

She knew it was him, the way Patrick described him was perfect, his bowler hat stood slightly crooked on his head, and his expression was neither evil nor good, and it was completely flat and unreadable. His hand floated in mid air, and she realised he must have had some hold over her. She was about to try and scream, when a pair of feet hurtled around the corner.

“EVIE! – GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF OF HER YOU FUCKING SCUMBAG-” Pete attempted to attack William, but William merely flicked his hand to the side, making him hurtle towards a brick wall. He shook it off quickly, before regaining composure and standing upright.

“My dear Peter, if you would kindly look closely you would see that I, in fact, don’t have a finger on her.” The corners of his mouth twitched upwards slightly, and Pete glared.

“What the fuck do you want with her?” He growled, and Evie found she could move her eyes towards him. His posture was in attack mode, and his hands were balled into fists. She pleaded him with her eyes, trying to communicate ‘help me’ through to him, but his eyes were fixed on William.

“Isn’t it obvious Peter? After turning Izzy, I came back for the other girl in your lives,” Pete’s dark expression deepened, and he took a step to William.

“You’re not going to get her – and where the fuck exactly is Izzy? Last I saw of her she was ditching my best friend for you, play some little mind tricks on her to do that did you?” He growled again, and William merely laughed.

“Oh no Peter, I actually didn’t.” He seemed sincere, although his eyes showed that he was mocking Pete. “She came to me in free will, completely in her own choice. I guess you didn’t really know her after all.” Pete took another step forward, but this time his hard stance broke, and rather than anger, his eyes showed hurt, and pain.

“Please don’t take her...” He whispered, and William laughed again.

“Oh Peter you disappoint me, I thought you would be more of a brute than this.” He laughed once more and used his mind and his hand to tip Evie’s head backwards without even touching her. Pete widened his eyes as William dipped his head to her level, and Pete yelped as his lips touched her neck.

“WAIT –” He yelled, and William looked at him curiously.

“What Peter? I am rather busy at this moment,” He smirked, and Pete looked pleadingly into his eyes.

“Take me instead,” He said, and Evie, only being able to move her eyes, widened them. She tried to tell him no, that she would rather be turned than see him sacrifice himself for her, but she couldn’t. She was trapped in her own body, and there was nothing she could do.

“I beg your pardon?” William asked, and Pete gulped.

“Let Evie go. Bite me. I know that’s always what you’ve wanted, to make me evil, so please, me and not her. Just let Evie go,” William seemed to be in thought for a few minutes, before smirking again. He nodded, and flung his hand to the side, sending Evie flying through the air. Pete watched as she slumped against the floor after hitting a wall, and he went to run to her before he was stopped mid run, by invisible ropes that held his whole body in place.

“She’ll be fine. I shall leave her be. You however, will not be so lucky...” William leaned in from behind him, and Pete’s neck soared with pain as blood flowed out of him. The last image in his head was of Evie, before everything went black.


~~~

Patrick knocked on Pete’s door, banging loudly against the wood. Pete answered moodily, and Patrick pushed past him into the room before ordering Pete to sit on the bed. Pete looked skeptical for a moment before Patrick glared, and Pete sat down hastily. He had grown to know that glare; it was one Patrick saved for very special occasions. Patrick was a genuinely nice person. Caring, kind and sweet. But some things he could not cope with, and it was times like this that Patrick was someone to be genuinely terrified of. His glare became more prominent as he stood in front of Pete.

“What the fuck did you do to Evie?” He spat, and Pete looked away.

“Nothing.” He simply said, and Patrick lost it, picking him up by the collar and pulling him up, before pushing him against the door.

“Don’t lie to me Pete, I swear to god. What the fuck did you do to her?” He said, unnervingly calmly. Pete widened his eyes before gulping.

“I just don’t want her to have to live her life with a vampire, she doesn't deserve that, she deserves better.” Patrick rolled his eyes, letting Pete go and walking to the other side of the room.

“Pete I know you think you’d be doing her a favour by making her hate you, but trust me,” He looked down, picking his nails. He sighed and Pete knew where he was taking his experience from. “Trust me, it makes things worse.” Pete sighed, and Patrick gulped slightly, before blinking his glassy eyes away. He turned to Pete.

“Just because you’re a vampire doesn’t mean she doesn't love you. You can still be the old Pete, you just have to try. You can’t let this infect you... Like it did to Izzy.” He gulped again and Pete held sympathetic eyes for his friend.

“But you and Izzy fought all the time before she left, it wasn’t just her leaving that broke you two up... you couldn’t cope with being with a vampire could you?” He asked, and Patrick shook his head vigorously.

“It was never the fact that she was a vampire that ruined us.” He started, and he blinked, tears beginning to form in his eyes again. “It was the fact she gave up on us because of it. She could never look past the fact she didn’t want to disappoint me, when the only way she could disappoint me was by giving up on us.” He looked pointedly at Pete at this point, and Pete gulped, guilt suddenly washing over him. He knew what Patrick meant, and he realised that Evie probably did love him anyway, which was an insecurity he had felt ever since he was turned.

“Pete, I have never been more hurt, than when Izzy pushed me away. She did what you’re doing now, made me hate her, made me never want to see her again. It hurt more than I can ever explain, and you want to do the same to Evie? That’s cruel, Pete.” Pete sighed, and nodded very slightly, so slightly that Patrick didn’t even see it. They were interrupted by the doorbell, making them both jump out of their skins.

“Did the alarm go off? I didn’t hear the alarm go off; did you hear the alarm go off?” Patrick stammered, and they ran downstairs, closely followed by Evie, and Joe and Andy ran in from the kitchen. They all looked at each other, and then looked to the monitors on the table just inside the front door.

They had an elaborate alarms system, one that tracked anyone from the minute they entered the grounds of their warehouse. They had cameras too, pointing in every direction, with no blind spots whatsoever. They stared at the screens, baffled by the fact there was no figure in any of them. They all jumped when the doorbell rang again, before all grabbing stakes and guns and aiming them at the door.

Andy stepped up to the door and grabbed the handle, ready to attack whoever had thwarted their security. He mouthed ‘on three’ and they all stood in fighting stances. Andy mouthed ‘one, two, three,’ and on three, swung the door open. They watched at a woman with waist length blonde hair turned around slowly, raising her eyebrows at their weapons.

She looked between them, and her eyes landed on Joe, who instead of a stake, had naively picked up a spatula. She smirked and waltzed to the doorframe, ignoring Patrick’s broken face and hanging mouth. She sighed and turned to them, breaking the silence.

“We have a problem...”
Sign up to rate and review this story