Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Save Us, Alice

by ghostwalker 0 reviews

Alice tries to escape death but it follows her. One shot, rated for language, death, etc. Sex free. Alice (future Mrs. Longbottom, Neville's mum) & Darke & Eden (both orginial chars). R & R appreci...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Other - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-03-25 - Updated: 2006-03-25 - 1006 words - Complete

1Moving
Rating R for language, graphic implications, death.
Pairing: Alice (Longbottom), two OCs (Darke Graves & Eden Moore)
Inspiration: A dream about soem chars in an HP RP game i'm in (yes, i'm addicted. heh)

Disclaimers: Alice is Rowling's, Darke is mine, Eden is Julie.love's but allowed permission to use her. All writing is my own. No stealy. R & R appreciated.


She wasn't certain why they hadn't killed her that night.

As she stood, staring at the abused and mangled bodies of Ronnie and Jack and Frank

(her beloved Frank oh fuck not him not Frank oh fuck this was madness)

she wished they had. She wished she was laying there beside them, drowning in blood and staring at a ceiling that she couldn't see. She wanted to be there with them.

For a while, she was. She laid on the floor, holding them, holding him

(Frank! Wake up! Fuck no no no!)

for a long time.


It was Darke and Eden - ever inseparable these nights- who found her wandering the streets later that night. She told her story in a toneless voice when they asked why she was (drowning) covered in blood. The shock had set in and she stared at them and she spoke but she didn't really feel anything.

Darke left her with Eden outside the house. He went inside, and minutes later he returned to them. He didn't say anything about the bodies within, about the death and the madness and the bloody scrawling on the walls,

(What makes you think you deserve to die?)

He only touched her arm gently and suggested, "Come with us."

The proper thing to do would have been to alert the authorities. Bring in the aurors. Contact the families, make the funeral arrangements, grieve and hurt and then retaliate. Fight the good fight, take out the bastards who had destroyed the ones she loved.

She left with them that night.

What possessed her, she would never quite discover. Maybe it was that she was

(drowning in blood)

devastated by a loss to large to overcome. Maybe it was their calm, Darke and Eden's. Maybe it was that they seemed to have a way to shut out the cruelty of the war and the world without altogether distancing themselves from it.

She traveled with them for several months. Fleeing an enemy with no distinctive face,

(herself or the Death Eaters?)

she traveled with them. Her new companions didn't feel the need to drown her grief with meaningless words. Instead they showed her the world and the good things left in it. They took her where she needed to be without her ever having to request it.

She couldn't flee the images inside her head. Frank and Ronnie and Jack. She couldn't flee the nightmares when she tried to sleep

(Save us, Alice! Why didn't you save us?)

so she stopped sleeping. She couldn't escape the haunts so she fled the world instead.

They took her to see Aludra and Artie. Days were spent there, days in which Aludra held her as she cried, whispered safe words of how time would heal and how she and Artie would always be there when she needed them.

Three days after she left them, they were dead.

(Drowning in blood).

She screamed for an eternity the night she saw their images in the paper. Broken bodies and bloody words scrawled on the wall

(We're coming for you next)

on the front pages of the paper.


She ran again, allowed Darke and Eden to take her with them. She felt as if she was endangering them but when she mentioned it, Darke only smiled. It made her feel better, somehow. It was the quiet and the devotion between them, the way they seemed always to know where next to go to avoid the tragedies that haunted the world. Tragedies brought on by a war she should have been fighting but had lost heart with the death of her (love) closest friends.

She called herself a coward. Never aloud but every night, she called herself a coward. Then came the night that Eden gave to her a tiny piece of comfort with three simple words: "You'll find yourself."

Months passed, a year.

She found herself again. The night Frank came to her in a dream, one of the few nights she managed sleep, and told her of his love and how he would be with her always, she found herself again. She let go of a little of the blame.

She stopped drinking so much and started smoking more.

They were in a small country, in a small town, the night they heard that the Death Eaters were laying down arms and many had been taken into custody.

Darke came in with the news, handed her the Daily Prophet which declared victory to the world. As he left the room, he shot a smile back at her,

"Congratulations, Alice. You made it."

She didn't understand the sadness that touched his eyes when he spoke the words, when he looked at Eden as she wrote in her personal journal later that night. She didn't understand but she didn't understand a lot about him.

She slept peacefully for the second time in more than a year.


She didn't hear the shattering of glass that night. She didn't hear "them" enter the house. No screaming, no struggling. She slept and she slept well. She never heard a sound.

When she found them the next morning

(drowning in blood)

They were lying in one another's arms, as they did every night. There to hold one another safe, sheltering each other from the world. Their faces were peaceful - it was almost as if they were only sleeping.

She wondered if Darke had known.
They looked so peaceful, almost as if they were only sleeping.

Alice sat down on the floor near the door and pulled a pack of cigarettes from the pocket of her pajamas. As she lit it up and took the first draw, she pretended they were.
Sign up to rate and review this story