Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Slayer, The Avatar And The Guardian Of Light

CH107 - A Shocking Turn Of Events

by GuardianOfLight 0 reviews

Hermione To The Rescue

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Draco,Dumbledore,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Ron - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2009-03-15 - Updated: 2009-03-15 - 2450 words

3Original
Chapter 107 - A Shocking Turn Of Events

FLASHBACK

Dimension: 563 - Earth
Date: Unknown
Country: Unknown
Location: Unknown
Time: An Eternity In A Second


"You really do choose the worst locations to train in!!" yelled Harry as he flicked his soaking wet hair out of his face for the third time.

A flash of lightning illuminated the cliff they were standing on, lighting up the heavy clouds rolling overhead.

"I could hardly teach you to channel lightning on a sunny beach could I." replied Adam, equally wet, even good water Elemental skills would have had trouble deflecting the amount of water the storm was throwing at them.

"Well come on then, what do I do?" Harry sighed, accepting that he was not going to leave until he was completely and utterly drenched.

"We will start with electricity," began Adam "As you know electricity is not very compatible with magic, which is why nothing electrical works around Hogwarts, but there is a type of electricity that does and that is called Electromagic. It follows most of the same rules as normal electricity except that magic can overwrite some of its standard properties, for example making it flow through a space with no conductive material there for it to pass down."

Turning away from the cliff he breathed deeply before throwing his hand forward, blue electricity left from his spread finger tips and impacted a nearby rock before a slight adjustment of his arm redirected the electricity towards a nearby shrub which caught alight before quickly being doused by the torrential rain falling down upon them.

"Electromagic can easily be directed and will flow where you direct it, this makes it relatively safe to use when compared to lightning especially as it moves at about the same speed as a standard spell and as such is easier to manage. Being hit by a discharge of Electromagic is like receiving an electric shock and if you are trained it won't hurt you much at all as you will be able to directly control the electricity that hits you, either sending it to the ground avoiding your major organs or releasing it into the air where it will dissipate. Prolonged exposure is not recommended of course as a continuing electric shock is very dangerous for you, even a short one which you were not expecting can cause serious damage. Lightning unlike Electromagic is extremely dangerous; it comes in magic and non-magic forms. The non-magic form comes straight from the sky and should only be interfered with as a last resort and the magical kind is created by separating charges in the air then directing them away from you. Unlike Electromagic it is not a simple flow of electrons which you can direct, it is one of the most powerful forces a wizard can wield, if you get hit by a discharge and you aren't ready for it you won't just be hurt, you will probably be dead as it's a much greater force hitting you in a fraction of a second, though luckily for the person on the receiving end of the bolt, if the sender is creating the lightning themselves rather than channelling it you have a few seconds while they are creating the charge before it is released."

Turning to the cliff he steadied himself again.

"If you want to deliberately channel lightning you usually need to give it a path to follow as otherwise it will just follow the shortest route to earth, this can usually be done by following a path of magic or Electromagic back to you, thusly:"

Looking upwards at the sky he created a sphere of what appeared to be Electromagic in his hard, extending his other hand skyward he straightened his fingers and closed the gaps between them before launching the electric sphere skyward.

A split second later a bolt of lightning leapt to his up stretched hand, it was so bright that Harry flinched away from it, in a snap motion Adam spun around and pointed his other hand towards a point on the ground several dozen feet away, the lightning flashed from his spare hand and impacted the ground where he had been pointing leaving a heavy charred patch of grass with several lingering flames around the edge.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"Shocking."

END FLASHBACK
________________________________________________________________________

Dimension: 1375 - Earth
Date: 31st October 2001 AD
Country: Britain - Scotland
Location: Hogwarts - Quidditch Pitch
Time: Late Evening


Hermione and Ron had been wandering around the school grounds and had ended up sitting in one of the top boxes of the Quidditch Pitch, Hermione leaning against Ron's shoulder.

"I've had a wonderful evening, thank you Ron."

"My pleasure....Shouldn't we be heading back, people will be wondering where we are."

Hermione sighed in disappointment.

"Probably." she said lifting her head up to kiss Ron.

"Or we could stay here a bit longer." he said eagerly when the kissed was over.

She giggled "No your right, we should be heading back or we will be missed."

They both stood and started walking down the stairs and out of the Stadium.

"I need a good night's sleep; I have a training session with Adam tomorrow."

"Good luck."

"Thank you." she replied pecking his cheek.

"No....thank you."

She stopped and turned to him.

"What for?"

"For being you." he replied smiling at her.

"Ron," she gasped, her hand going to her chest in shock "That is the nicest think anyone has ever said to me."

Tears started building in the corner of her eyes.

She stood up on her toes and kissed him passionately on the lips, his arms came around engulfing her in his strong grip, her small arms went around his neck as his rested on her upper and lower back pulling her closer.

The sound of curses being fired distracted the pair.

They spun around and saw a mass of black cloaks in the distance.

"That doesn't look good." Hermione commented before the pair ran at the mass of cloaks who were also running after someone whilst firing curses.

"Quickly, we need to see who they're after; whoever it is going to need our help."

The couple ran as fast as they could to catch up with the Death Eaters who were at least one hundred meters away.

The Death Eaters slowed to a stop.

They had obviously hit whoever it was they were chasing.

Hermione would not be happy if it was a student, especially as that little run had caused her to damage her beautiful dress.

They slowed to approach the Death Eaters stealthily; they could now see who had been caught.

It was Ginny and Draco. Now she was mad. Oh boy did they choose the wrong people to pick on.

She could feel the magic building in her, Adam's magic, powerful magic, godly magic.

Magic that makes you feel omnipotent.

Ron backed away slightly, Hermione was exuding power.

"You think they will ever care for you." the familiar voice of Lucius Malfoy taunted "You're the enemy....a Malfoy....a...."

"Good man." she interrupted.

The entire host spun on them wands drawn.

"It's the Mudblood, kill her." Lucius ordered.

Curses leapt form wands.

Ron attempted to throw himself in front of Hermione but a gesture of her hand magically held him back.

Hermione could feel time begin to slow, the sensations building up.

This time they would not overcome her, she would overcome them, she would control them, but it wasn't her who was controlling the magic's.

She saw the magic gathering in each wizard; moving down their arms, through their wands, erupting in bolts of colour.

The spells crawled towards her as she struggled to control the magic.

She couldn't hold on much longer, the magic was too strong, as if it had a mind of its own.

She felt her consciousness being pushed back, no violently but firmly, she was being suppressed by a strength from within herself that was not her own.

She was losing.

A presence appeared in her mind, it didn't so much as speak but the words appeared.

Take control Hermione.

The words came from everywhere and nowhere.

I can't she replied.

Yes you can. You can defeat them.

The voice reassured her, it was familiar she just couldn't place it.

Take control.

She forced against the strength, regained focus, raking back the control of the magic at her command, once again seeing the slow movement of the curses herself rather than through someone else's eyes.

The magic came under her control, pulsing, cursing through her.

Now let's show these Death Eaters how to fight.
________________________________________________________________________

Draco and Ginny stared at Hermione in awe.

In under a second her face went from angry, to panicked, on to strained and then to venomous.

She was hovering about two inches of the ground; her eyes had turned pure white.

They could recognise the signs of some very powerful magic about to be unleashed and Merlin help any Death Eaters that got in her way.

As one the Death Eaters fired, their spells tearing towards her.

"HERMIONE!!" Ginny screamed in warning.

Hermione's arm raised, her wand lay discarded on the floor where she had dropped it.

The spells slowed down, coming to a halt immediately in front of Hermione's hand.

"What in Merlin's name?" Draco exclaimed.

"KEEP FIRING!!" Lucius ordered.

The Death Eaters tried again firing spell after spell towards Hermione all of which came to a stop in front of Hermione.

The air in front of Hermione was full of the coloured balls of magic that were the Death Eaters spells.

Hermione's arm lowered.

"IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE GOT." She spoke, her voice echoing around them though she didn't appear to be talking any louder than normal.

The invulnerability was beginning to spread fear in the hearts of the Death Eaters; they started backing up, away from the hovering witch.

Draco and Ginny quickly shuffled out of the way, luckily avoiding getting trampled.

"MY TURN."

Her arm shot out, throwing the curses in front of her back at the Death Eaters

Draco and Ginny ducked as several curses that missed shot over their heads.

"Hey, watch it Granger."

The spells crashed into the Death Eaters throwing most of them to the ground, the few spells that missed wheeled around and came flying back at the Death Eaters that were still standing, finishing them off.

Draco rolled over to Ginny who he had shielded when they fell.

"Are you alright?"

She looked up smiling.

"Yeah, but next time you want to annoy your father can he be under a body bind."

Draco laughed; he leaned down to kiss Ginny but was pulled out of the romantic moment by Ron's voice.

"Hermione....Hermione its ok you can stop now."

They spun around to see Hermione still hovering above the ground but this time looking more frantic.

Magic started discharging from her randomly, in the form of bluish white electricity.

"Hermione?" Ron questioned uncertainly approaching her carefully.

Hermione spun to him panicked.

A bolt of electricity erupted from her striking him in the chest and throwing him back several feet he lay on the ground groaning.

"RON!!" Ginny cried running to her brother, unfortunately her movement caught Hermione's attention, another bolt flew at Ginny but caught Draco in the chest as he threw himself in front of Ginny.

"DRACO!!"

Bolts started discharging every half a second creating numerous burn marks on the grass.

"Help me!!" Hermione cried out, her voice no longer echoing as it had before "I can't control it!!"

Clouds started forming in the sky above Hermione; bolts of lightning began dancing down around her, connecting to the sphere of electricity that was beginning to swirl around her, each one intensifying the electric cage preventing them from reaching her.

Ginny was getting frantic, she had to stop this or Hermione could get hurt.

She raised her wand.

"Sorry Hermione....Stupefy."

The spell flew at Hermione but several bolts of electricity converged on the spell absorbing the energy of the curse.

Ginny mentally swore, when the electricity followed the magic's path pack to her, knocking her to the ground still conscious.

What could she do now?

Hermione was now surrounded by electricity creating a cocoon of magic; there was no way to get near her and the magic around her was now spreading over a five meter radius.

She heard the sound of footfalls behind her and turned to see Adam, Buffy, Anne, Fleur, Dumbledore, Lupin, Harry, Dawn and the rest of the Scoobies running towards them.

Hermione's eyes caught sight of them and electricity flew in their direction.

It collided with Adam‘s rapidly raised palm and scattering into smaller bolts that dissipated in the surrounding air.

More bolts were sent their way each collided with Adam's hand and dissipated in the same manner.

"Harry, your assistance please." Stated Adam, his voice strained as another bolt hit his palm "Yours too Brian if you know what to do."

The rest of the party stood helpless they didn't know what to do as Harry rushed forward, one of his hands catching a bolt of electricity before redirecting it out of his other hand towards a safe area of ground. Dumbledore also joined them; armed with his wand he used his palm to receive the shocks and his wand to direct the discharges.

"Adam....help me." Hermione begged from within the nearly complete sphere.

The electricity in Adam's hand stopped scattering and began to build into a ball of white crackling light.

In a brief gap between bolts while Harry and Dumbledore were holding off the electricity, Adam threw the Electromagic he had gathered back at Hermione.

As before bolts erupted from Hermione and collided with the ball but Adam having thrown so much Electromagic overpowered the defences allowing a major part of the ball to collide with Hermione's Electromagic cocoon, creating a hole.

Adam took a running leap and launched himself over the gap through the hole tackling Hermione to the floor.

Upon contact with Hermione the energy dissipated, disappearing like smoke in a breeze, the clouds above also began to break up.

They lay exhausted on the floor.

Adam heaved himself up on to his elbows and turned Hermione over, she was unconscious.

"How is she?" asked Tara dropping to her side as the rest of the group ran over and examined the unconscious others.

"She's fine, she's just resting."

Adam slowly got to his feet picking Hermione's up as he went, he turned to Dumbledore who was surveying the scene with a sigh.

"Looks like the Ministry is going to owe us for capturing some Death Eaters for them."
Sign up to rate and review this story