Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Clandestine Industries Presents: disasteRomance

and you're worse

by killxsmile 10 reviews

They're still broken...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-03-22 - Updated: 2009-03-22 - 1021 words

0Unrated
Author's Note: Straight to the thank yous.

doyleangel: Yep. Gabe will have a lot on his plate in the morning.

rawrlittledino: zomg. I'm in love with Brothers and Sisters. It's one of the most entertaining things I've read in a looong time.

Tissamy: I know things are going downhill, but I feel like a reality check was long overdue for Gabe and Soap.

Lizzard: Long time no see! Glad that you're back, yo! Yes, I know, the drama in both sets is a bit much, but overly cute chapters have to be balanced out with something.

alex_-nods-: Cross your fingers, because even I'm not sure how Gabe will save her.

x_slowdown: Yep. To put it simply, prom = my downfall. At the moment, I'm still figuring out what's in store for Gabe & Soap, but I hope this Pete chapter tides you over for a bit.

44: a n d y o u ’ r e w o r s e

+++++
Hemmy’s POV

When I walked into Pete’s room, he was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. Though it had become a regular sight for the past 2 months, it never got any less sad.

Upon hearing my tags jingling against one another, Pete averted his gaze from the light fixtures to me. Like a robot, he sat up and walked toward the door. I followed as he silently made his way to the kitchen and poured out some food for me. With empty eyes, he rubbed the backs of my ears, then headed back upstairs for another few hours of silence.

As I ate, my thoughts kept wandering back to Pete. By the way his ribs stick out from underneath his skin, it was clear that he was taking better care of me than he was of himself.

Like clockwork, he’d feed me breakfast, then take me out for a walk. Around noon, I’d have lunch. Then when the sun went down, dinner would be laid out for me. He, on the other hand, hardly ate anything anymore. He hardly talked to anyone. He didn’t laugh. I couldn’t even remember the last time he smiled. The happy-go-lucky man who was always laughing was now reduced to a sad, zombie-like shell.

After reflecting on these observations, eating was no longer a priority. I abandoned my food bowl and went upstairs to check up on him. Cautiously, I stood in the doorway and watched as he sat against the side of the bed, a Polaroid in his right hand and the ring box in the left. He must’ve heard my paws against the floor, because he looked up and motioned for me to come closer. Slowly, I padded across the carpet and took a seat next to him.

The picture in his hands was taken the day Soap moved in. She and Pete were sitting on the porch while I was stretched out across their laps. The three of us looked genuinely happy, smiling like we meant it.

“God, I miss her…” he quietly said. The photo slipped from his hand, as did the small blue box.

+++++
Trick’s POV

Using the hideaway key taped to the bottom of the welcome mat, I unlocked the front door and let myself in.

“Pete?” I called out. Though there was no response from the bassist, Hemmy bounded down the stairs and circled my feet.

“Hey,” I said petting him. “Where’s your dad?”

The dog looked up at me, then led the way to the kitchen. There, Pete was slumped over the counter, moving a fork back and forth across a plate of spaghetti. After giving me a glance of recognition, he went back to staring at his food.

“Pete, we’re worried about you,” I quietly said.
“Why?” he flatly asked, not bothering to look up. “Everything’s fine and dandy.”
I let out a sigh and took a seat at the table.
“C’mon, don’t be like this.”

As soon as the words left my lips, he dropped his fork, letting it clatter onto his plate.

“How the fuck am I supposed to be, Patrick?” he screamed. “Sophie’s pregnant with my kid and I don’t know where she’s been for the past 2 months!”

I didn’t know what to say. Biting my lip, I looked to the floor and hoped he’d cool off. Maybe it was a mistake to come here…

“God, I’m sorry, Patrick. It’s just—I don’t know what the hell I’m doing anymore…”

+++++
Pete’s POV

Patrick silently took a seat across from me. Our eyes met, but he quickly averted his gaze to the issue of AP sitting in front of him.

“How’s Sophie?” I asked, breaking the silence that was looming over us.
“She’s doing alright. According to the doctor, she’s about 3 months along,” he cautiously replied. The expression on his face told me that he was hiding something.
“Don’t lie to me, Trick.”
“I—”
“Just say it, Patrick,” I said, looking up. “She moved on, didn’t she?”
“No, it’s the exact opposite.” he replied, shifting his attention to the floor once again. “The baby’s fine, but Sophie… She’s a fucking disaster. She uses all her energy pretending that everything is fine, but all the times I’ve gone to visit her, her eyes have been red and puffy. She blames it on allergies, but Peyton told us that she hears her crying at night.”

With a sigh he rested his arms on his thighs and looked up at me.

“She needs you, Pete.”

+++++
There you have it: even Patrick thinsks that Soap and Pete need each other.
What does this mean?
Only two ways to find out: RATE/REVIEW.
I know that you know that you want to ;)

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ANYONE READING THIS:
Go check out 'Brothers and Sisters' by moocow and rawrlittledino if you haven't already.
It's highly entertaining and yours truly makes an appearance in it ;) Then after reading, you should review and rate it because it's just THAT superfantasticamazing.
Sign up to rate and review this story