Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > The New Reunion

The New Reunion

by technical_angel 1 review

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2009-03-25 - Updated: 2009-03-25 - 567 words - Complete

0Unrated
Title: The New Reunion

Summary: The BA Reunion. Yeah, I've written another one...

Disclaimer: If I had any claim to these characters, I'd be looking for a new job right now ("Buffy"), or would be using my angst on "Angel." Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and FOX own these characters.

Continuity: Flooded and Carpe Noctem

The "place", was, of course, a cemetery. It was old, there hadn't been any new burials for a decade. It evoked the calm and peace that, in Angel's opinion, a cemetery was for. It had character, and it was beautiful by moonlight.

Like the Slayer.

He closed his eyes as he leaned against the rusting gate. He could feel her. Even before he could hear the car, even before he could see her face, he could feel her. That feeling of her was what made losing her that much worse. Not only was he not there, but he didn't feel anything. True, he was in a different dimension losing control of his demon at that point, but she died and he didn't know. The nagging guilt and disbelief that such a thing could happen drove him to Sunnydale, and almost drove him to digging up her body with his bare hands just to find out. As it was, it took Xander, Giles and Spike to stop him.

His girl was gone, and he didn't even get to say goodbye.

His eyes snapped open at the sound of gravel crunching under tires. He could almost smell the vanilla sparkled sunshine, and his soul was enveloped in the more subdued but still vibrant life force that was his true love.

Through the windshield he could see her take a breath and close her eyes for a moment to herself. As the car door opened, he stepped forward, anxiously waiting for the first real glimpse of his sun. She stepped out, and shut the door.

For a moment, neither moved, neither so much as breathed. They just watched the other, comforting themselves that the only one they could ever love was really there, was really in one piece.

Angel took the first step.

She released a sob that could have been his name, and her eyes released the tears that were already brimming. She rushed for his arms, making only a step or two before her knees gave in and she collapsed. But, as always, as always should have been if the Powers would have been kind to their two best warriors, he was right there, they both sank to the ground. Her face was pressed against his neck; his hands were lost within her hair. He held her, wrapped in the glory of her scent, his heart breaking even more with every tear she wept into his shirt. He began a litany of her name, and she cried.

When finally she started to calm, she shifted her face, and one of his hands moved from her hair to the delicate curves of her face. His fingertips traced the path of tears. As she pulled away his other hand joined the first, his fingertips running all over his once-lover's face.

She looked up at him, red eyes filled with pain and longing. "Angel." He took a breath he didn't need. In the next moment, their lives were alright, everything was fine, they were together, they were kissing each other, and all was right in the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story