Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Morning's Wake

by killxsmile 4 reviews

The morning after. But it's not what you think.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-03-28 - Updated: 2009-03-28 - 1020 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Author's Note: Busy schedule + lack of reviews = lack of updates. Sad, but true.

Tissamy: I'm glad you appreciate the lists. I'll keep that in mind when writing future chapters.

somethingorother: Judging by the amount of exclamation points you used in your review, I'm guessing that you're excited to find out what happens next. I hope you enjoy this update ;)

Now onto the feature presentation...

Morning’s wake.

The next morning, I woke up in Alex’s arms.

But before you jump to conclusions, we were on the couch, fully clothed.

“Good morning,” he said, voice still raspy from sleep.
“Mmm…” I groaned, turning away from him. His breath still reeked of the beer and pizza we had ordered the previous night.
“What?”
“I can smell what we had for dinner yesterday.”

He chuckled at my comment and started kissing the back of my neck. It didn’t take long before his hands started playing with the hem of my shirt.

“Alex--”

A quiet sigh escaped from his lips as he pulled away.

“Sorry…”
“It’s not that I don’t want to,” I said, turning to face him. “I just--”
“I know. I don’t want to rush things either.” He tucked my bangs behind my ear then planted a soft kiss on my shoulder. “I want to do this the right way.”

A smile spread across my face as he rested his forehead against mine. This was typically the kind of moment I ruined with a sarcastic comment, but I somehow managed to keep my mouth shut and just enjoy it.

My stomach, however, had other plans.
It growled, Alex laughed, and I swung my feet off the couch and got up.

“Where are you going?” he asked, confused.

“I’m hungry. Couldn’t you tell?” I replied, chuckling.

Alex stretched his arms over his head, then lazily sprawled out over the cushions.

“Aren’t you going to get up?” I asked.
“Could you just grab me something from the kitchen?”
“I’m not maid service, Alex.”
“But you are my girlfriend,” he said, sitting up on the edge of the couch.
I lifted my eyebrow at his remark.
“Since when?”
“Since now?” he tentatively asked. As his cheeks turned bright pink, I couldn’t help but smile.
“Nice save,” I said, taking his hand into mine. “…But you’ll still have to get up if you want to eat.”
“Alright.”

He quickly got up and followed me to the kitchen.

“So what would you like for breakfast?” I asked.
“Chocolate chip pancakes.”
“That can be arranged.”

As I gathered the flour, sugar and all that fun stuff, he leaned against the counter.

“Is there anything I can to help?”
“Could you grab the skillet and put it on the stove?”
“Sure.”

I grabbed a mixing bowl and started measuring out ingredients. After combining them in a bowl, I took a whisk and began mixing it all together. Alex, on the other hand, was helping himself to the chocolate chips.

“What?” I asked, feeling his eyes on me. “Do I have something on my face?”
“No. It’s just… You’re really hot when you’re cooking.”
“Thanks. You’re kind of cute, too.”
“Only ‘kind of’?”
“Well, you are stuffing your face with chocolate.”
“Hey, it’s part of my charm,” he replied.

The batter seemed ready, so I set it on the counter and turned on the stove. While I waited for the skillet to heat up, Alex sat at the table, quietly singing “Antonia” while playing with the salt and pepper shakers. It was ridiculous how cute he was, even when he wasn’t trying.

Once the skillet was hot enough, I poured the batter in. Alex got up and handed me the spatula.

“Thanks.”

Soon enough, we had 2 stacks of chocolate chip pancakes. I set them onto the table while Alex went to the fridge and grabbed the orange juice, syrup and whipped cream.

“Bon appetit.”

We quickly dug into the food, but soon found ourselves fighting over the canister of whipped cream.

“I’m the girl. I should get it first.”
“But you said it yourself, ‘Chivalry is dead’,” he quipped.
“But common courtesy isn’t.”
“Fine.”

He let go of the can, but as I pulled it closer, he quickly re-grabbed it and successfully propelled whipped cream onto my face.

“Oh, you’re so dead, Gaskarth,” I said, wiping it off. He laughed and made a run for it, canister still in hand. I quickly grabbed the spatula and chased him into the living room.

Before I knew it, we were rolling around on the floor, both covered in what was supposed to be pancake topping.

“Okay, okay! I give up!” I said, as he straddled my waist. Chuckling, he pulled himself to his feet. Then in true gentlemanly fashion, he extended his hand and helped me up. Still, that act of kindness didn’t stop me from slapping his ass with the spatula.
“HEY!”

Before I had the chance to run away, he wrapped me in a incredibly tight bear hug.

“You know what I think?” he asked, hot breath hitting the nape of my neck.
“What?” I asked.
“We should have breakfast together more often.”

He loosened his grip, allowing me to turn around in his arms. Then with a huge grin, he planted a kiss on my lips.

“That’s something we can both agree on.”

+++++

Like I said earlier, busy schedule + lack of reviews = lack of updates. And for the next few weeks I'll be RIDANKULOUSLY busy with dance practice, so if you want an update, you'll have to review so I know that you're still reading. Otherwise, I'll concentrate on my other writing projects.

Speaking of other writing projects, go check out my other fics in progress:
Clandestine Industries Presents: DisasteRomance (Pete Wentz/OFC; Gabe Saporta/OFC)
Press Play (a Patrick Stump fic)

And don't forget to read the moocow x rawrlittledino epic collaboration, Brothers and Sisters. It's the bees knees (And I happen to make an appearance in it).

PS. What do you guys think about "Weightless"?
Sign up to rate and review this story