Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Thriller

Scream

by -ThisXSecretXNinja- 2 reviews

Patrick's in big trouble...he just doesn't realize it yet.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!!] [V] - Published: 2009-03-31 - Updated: 2009-03-31 - 1171 words - Complete

0Unrated
Caught up in this madness too blind to see
Woke animal feelings in me
Took over my sense and I lost control
I'll taste your blood tonight


I never thought that in my lifetime, I’d be a victim to the very game I’d chosen to take part in. But I’d always imagined a vision of how the end of my life would have a cliché celebration composed of the people who mattered most to me. At least, this is what I had imagined before I’d been sucked into a life of hunting vampires.
I definitely hadn’t expected that my final outcome would be handcuffed to a broken pipe in the basement of an abandoned post office surrounded by a bloodthirsty mass of vampires. Gravity had taken its toll. My arms were turning a bluish pale as the blood drained out of them and into the rest of my body.
There wasn’t a doubt in my mind that something terrible was going to happen to me on this night. I could just feel it in the air, in the wave of tension that pulsated through the unbeating hearts of the creatures before me. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t afraid. Truth be told, I was terrified.
But there was some strain of confidence in me that told me things could be different. Like maybe Pete and everyone would suddenly appear and kick some major ass. Or they’d be outnumbered and I’d be forced to witness all my friend’s downfall. Whatever worked out the best in the end.
Yeah, I was screwed.
“Hmmm, so you’re quite the thinker, I’ve been told,” a velvety voice pierced through the many mumbles from the crowd. The room went silent. My hands shook in their cuffs as my arms as the pipe was suddenly cut from the wall, bringing me down to the concrete with a violent thud. A high pitched sound seared my hearing as a foot came cascading down onto my right palm with crushing power.
“Fuck!” I cried out as my broken fingers twitched beneath the familiar black snake-skinned boot that belonged to William Beckett. The infamous vampire heir that referred to himself as Dr. Sundown to the cowering people of downtown Chicago. Oh, how we knew better than that. We knew exactly who he used to be and what had made him what he was today…this monster.
“Sorry about that,” he chuckled, brushing a dark brown curl behind his ear as he grinned, baring his sharp white fangs, amusing himself as he watched me shudder in pain, “That wasn’t the hand you write with, was it?”
I shot a death glare at him from my lying down position on the ground and sourly struggled myself into a sitting up position before emitting bitterly, “You’re a real prick, you know that?”
A creepy chuckle broke the silence as a bunch of the other vampires laughed at me. I groaned as I raised my injured hand to my lips, pressing them so softly against my skin as a way to relieve the pain subduing my vision.
“Your friends must be frantic right about now, don’t you think?” he said now as he took a couple steps forward, standing in his tall stance as he leaned over and whispered, “To be honest, I don’t see what’s so great about you. The way they talk about you makes you out to be this amazing leader but look at you, you‘re nothing but a coward. That’s not much to be proud of.”
His words hit a nerve as I lunged myself at his ankles, hoping that by chance, I threw him off guard. I didn’t. With a mere kick, he flung me practically ten feet from him as I crumbled into a small mass of human on the concrete. I was completely helpless. And it was then when I realized that there was nothing I could do to get out of this mess. They had made me out to be an example of their true power…and they were winning by a long shot.
“You…have no idea who you’re messing with,” I said in my defense, less confident sounding than I’d intended.
“Oh, is that so? You’re not making the smartest moves on your part. I thought you would be wiser than this,” he sneered, knowing his words were eating at me subconsciously. I shook my head in fury as I brought myself to a half stance and retorted, “Well if you’re so damn smart, why don’t you take these chains off my wrists instead of pulverizing me when you know I have a disadvantage. Where’s the pride in that?”
Raising his eyebrows, his skin creased into an expression of amusement as he enlightened himself with, “Well, that’s an interesting way to put it but I honestly don’t care about my reputation as a world class “super villain”.”
In an instant, he was in front of me whirling me thrashing upwards by my collar, where he continued his triumphant speech, “I’m more concerned about creating a whole new world where petty humans like you become slaves to superiors like us. A world where you’ll truly know what it’s like to be forced into a world of hiding who we truly are by suffering the fate we refuse to let you endure. You will never be one of us just like we will never be one of you.”
And it was at that moment that I truly felt afraid for myself. It was then I saw how big of a battle this truly was. It wasn’t just about right and wrong anymore. This was something greater, and it would be my life that would be thrown away for the sake of their honor. It all made sense to me now. That’s why they took me of all people, to ensure themselves that this would be the symbolic death that would represent their kind as whole. I was the human sacrifice that would make them more powerful.
Before I had any more time to dwell, I was thrown up into the mob of vampires, all of them ripping and clawing into me from every direction known possible. Their growls and snarls tuned out the sound of my screams. And I knew I was screaming. I could feel the vibrations pounding out of my chest as I tried hard to escape the reality that was my nausea bubbling from the sound of ripping flesh.
But then…I heard a sound echoing through the barrier that separated me from my body. Jess’s voice shot through me like an open wound. But just as I reached outside of myself enough to move my body momentarily, a sharp kick to the head blackened my vision once again as I fell into the recurring nothingness.
Sign up to rate and review this story