Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

Meet The Parents

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 3 reviews

Dates are asked, and parents are met.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-04-03 - Updated: 2009-04-04 - 1064 words

0Unrated
Skyler and Joe just sat there in silence for awhile, just sitting there thinking.

“Wow…” Joe barely whispered. “I’ve had a sister this whole time and I’ve never even known it? Now that’s crazy…”

“Yeah.” Skyler said.

“Do my… I mean our parents know about this?”

“I think so… I was going to go see them later this week, do you want to come?”

“Yeah.”

Then they both walked back out to the main room. Pete immediately picked up on the fact that something important just happened and felt completely left out.

“Hey, is everything okay?” Andy asked skeptically.

“Yeah, guys… I have a sister…” Joe said sitting down on the couch. “Sky is my sister, guys can you believe that?”

“No way!” Pete shouted.

“Yeah…” Joe said still in shock by the whole thing.

The rest of the day went by surprisingly quickly. Soon enough everyone left, and Patrick and Skyler were the only ones left.

“So, are you nervous about tomorrow?” Patrick asked.

“Yeah, you don’t even know. I’ve never met them before, what if they don’t like me?” Skyler asked with a worried look on her face.

“Don’t say that, I'm sure they’ll love you. Why would they have any reason not to?”

“Well, for starters I…” Skyler paused trying to think of a reason, “Yeah I guess you’re right Patrick, but I just don’t know…”

“I'm sure everything’s going to be okay.”

“Yeah, I hope so.” Skyler said. “Patrick? If you’re not busy tomorrow, would you come with me and Joe to meet them?”

“Of course I would.”

“Thanks.” Skyler said and walked over to give him a hug. The hug lasted longer than expected, but no one was complaining. Then Skyler pulled away blushing, “I think I'm going to go to bed now. Thanks again Patrick.” She said with a smile and headed off down the hallway.

The next morning, Skyler awoke feeling full of energy. She took a shower, got dressed and put a little make-up on. After she was satisfied with the way she looked she headed into the kitchen, and there she saw Patrick making some coffee.

“Good morning.” She said cheerfully.

“Hey there, you’re cheerful this morning. Coffee?” He offered.

“Sure.” She said and Patrick fixed two cups and set them at the table.

“So, are you nervous anymore?”

“Actually, no. I'm getting more and more excited, when’s Joe getting here?”

“Around noon.”

“But it’s only 10:00.” Skyler whined.

“Yes it is.” Patrick confirmed, trying to keep from laughing, but he stopped as a thought crossed his mind and he suddenly got nervous. “Uh… Sky? Can I ask you something?”

“Sure.”

“So… there’s this movie that’s coming out this weekend, and I was wondering if you’d maybe want to come with me to see it?”

“Like a date?” Skyler asked, smiling and taking a sip of the coffee that she almost forgot about.

“Maybe?” Patrick said, unsure of whether that would be good or bad.

“I'd love to.”

“Great.” Patrick grinned widely, “I mean... cool.” Skyler couldn’t help but laugh and soon Patrick was laughing too.

“Am I interrupting something?” Joe walked in, eyebrows raised. They both stopped their giggling, and Patrick offered Joe some coffee.

“I thought you weren’t coming till noon?” Skyler asked.

“Yeah, but I don’t know, I couldn’t wait any longer.”

“Okay, so are we going to go now then?” Skyler asked.

“Yeah that sounds great.”

“Okay, I asked Patrick to come with us is that okay?”

“Sure, the more the merrier.”

After everyone finished their coffee, the three of them got into the car and headed off. As they were pulling up into the driveway, panic suddenly was starting to take it’s effect on Skyler.

“Um… maybe we should just do this another time…”

“Don’t be silly, we’re already here.” Joe said getting out of the driver’s seat.

They walked up to the door and knocked on it. Patrick whispered in Skyler’s ear, “Don’t worry everything’s going to be fine.”

“I hope so.” She whispered weakly.

The door swung open and Joe was greeted with a big hug.

“Joey!”

“Hey mom.” Joe said hugging her back. She pulled them all inside.

“How are you doing Patrick?”

“I'm good Mrs T., yourself?”

“I'm lovely dear, now who is this here.” She said looking at Skyler, “Would this be one of your girlfriends now?”

Patrick blushed and looked at Joe for help, “Uh…”

“No, mom.” Joe said quickly. “Mom, this is Skyler. She’s your…” Joe didn’t even get to finish because his mom already had her arms wrapped around her, tears flooding her eyes.

Skyler too wrapped her arms around her, her eyes also becoming teary. “Mom…” She whispered.

After the two of them calmed down some, they walked into the living room and there was a man there sitting down in a recliner chair reading the newspaper. As he heard everyone enter the room, he put down the paper and studied the look on his wife’s face.

“Is this…?” He started, but couldn’t get the words to form because he knew who it was. He went over and wrapped Skyler in a big hug.

After the emotional parts were all done with, they started to catch up on what they missed out on in each other’s lives. There were cookies too, yummy chocolate chip cookies. They talked about the day they were separated, and Skyler told them about herself. It ended up being a really nice visit. Mr. and Mrs. T. invited them to stay for dinner as well, and they accepted. Dinner went really well and soon it was time to go, but they promised to visit again real soon.

Well, that’s that. Patrick asked Sky to the movies =] , so there’ll be more of that coming up. Sorry for the extremely long wait, I guess I had some major writers block there. Hope some people are still reading this.

IceQueenz – Happy you liked it. Here’s more =]

Mandy9207 – Haha you convinced me to write more tonight! I hope it’s good on account for the writers block =]

Doyleangel – Haha decided to kick it up with the Sky/Patrick love here, first date chapter’s next =]
Sign up to rate and review this story