Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Endless Diamond Sky

Spaghetti Cat (Gabe’s Philosophy)

by moocow 10 reviews

"...And be careful of what you do cause the lie becomes the truth"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-04-12 - Updated: 2009-04-13 - 2821 words

5Ambiance
Ok. I don't know what is up with you guys, but I'm a little confused as to how a story can go from green rating with 10 reviews, to 4 reviews, to 3. You're lucky I love this story... but still. :[

*

My phone vibrating woke me up the next morning. I was a little taken back when I discovered Gabe was gone, but upon glancing at my phone, raised my eyebrow as, in a bold text, his very name flashed across the screen. Grabbing it, I put it to my ear and sighed.

“Hello?” I asked and heard a light chuckle.

“I was afraid you wouldn’t call me, so I programmed myself in while you were sleeping,” I smiled as he paused.

“Where are you, anyways?” I rolled onto my back, stretching slightly, but closed my eyes at the bright light in the room. Gabe sighed.

“Interview, it’s the only reason I’m in town anyways…we’re taking a slight break so I decided to call you,” I nodded to myself.

“He’s going to write that into the interview,” I joked. Gabe chuckled lightly.

“I don’t care,” he laughed even more. “It will forever be known that I called Aurélie Williams during an interview to hit on her,”

I giggled softly but then raised an eyebrow, just a bit confused.

“Wait, how do you know my last name, Gabe?” I asked. He took a moment to respond.

“Oh, Dirty told me last night, I asked,” he paused a moment to talk to the interviewer, and I smiled as I heard my name being spelt out. “A-” Gabe seemed to get stuck at that. “Wait, Aurélie, how the hell do you spell your name? I don’t even know what language that is!” I laughed at his confusion and snuggled into the mattress a little more.

“A-u-r-e, with a little accent on top of it, l-i-e, and it’s French,” I explained. Gabe made a noise of understanding and recited the spelling to the interviewer before laughing into the phone again.

“God, I love your name,” he breathed. I blushed to myself and nodded.

“Why?”

“It sounds good with mine,” I smirked at his comment and he hummed. “I’m serious, just think about it; Aurélie Saporta, you’d be the French Puerto Rican Jew!”
I couldn’t help but break out in laughter and rolled onto my side, not really believing I was hearing this.

“Is this you hitting on me?” I questioned. Gabe hummed a yes in response.

“You couldn’t tell?”
I sighed again, stretching my arm out to grab the pillow next to me and snuggle to my chest. Gabe became distracted by the interviewer and I raised an eyebrow when all I heard was ‘not yet, but she will be’. Gabe chuckled into the phone.

“Be ready in an hour. I’m taking you out,” he said, catching me a little off guard.

“Do I have any say in this?”

“No,”

Gabe seemed to hang up after that and I rolled my eyes as I took the phone away from my ear. I yawned then, and shook my head, stuck in a thought that still troubled me. I just couldn’t put my finger on what Gabe was planning.

*

Gabe’s pinky had linked into mine the moment we left the hotel lobby, me still a little confused as to where we were actually headed. Figuring that he did, I decided to trust him and walked along side him, letting his pinky curl around mine tighter.

“I’m so glad I’m not Pete,” he suddenly mentioned. I glanced at him through my sunglasses.

“Uh, ok?” I mumbled. Gabe grinned, looking at me for a moment.

“Paparazzi,” he simply said. I nodded once and looked down at the sidewalk in thought.

“I wouldn’t want to hang out with you if you got stalked by paparazzi,” Gabe glanced at me again, his eyebrow raised over his sunglasses. I offered an innocent smile. “Sorry, I just don’t like my private life on display for everyone to see,” I explained. Gabe shrugged and yanked my hand towards him, moving his arm so that it was wrapped around my shoulder instead.

“But what if I want to put you on display?” he asked, jokingly. “I want the world to know I’m seeing a-”

“Gabe,” I stopped him and shook my head. “Don’t get a head of yourself,” I warned. Gabe sighed, clearing his throat afterwards.

“You have to know I’m on the pursuit,” he spoke. I lightly bit my lip and decided to change the subject, not really wanting to expose my feelings at the moment.

“Where are we going?”

Gabe seemed to take the hint and dropped his arm from my shoulder, sticking his hands in his hoodie pockets and nodding his head down the road.

“The club not too far down the block, Pete told me that they might play a set after Academy tonight,” I twitched my eyebrows up.

“Oh, see, I actually am a fan of Academy, so I refuse to tour with them,”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Gabe asked, trying to act hurt and serious. I just laughed at his attempt at a pout. “You not a fan of me?”

“I wouldn’t ask you for an autograph,”

“Why?” he questioned. I stopped walking, him copying a moment later. I raised an eyebrow, and he did the same.

“Why would I get an autograph when I can just seduce you to my bed and show you a good time?”

“Touché,” he voice and turned back, taking a step forward. “But still,” I sighed, following him as we continued walking. I was about to respond to him, but paused as he fished out his sidekick, observing it quickly before pressing it to his ear.

“Hey, Ry,” he greeted and I chewed on my lip, trying to figure out which Ry he meant. Gabe glanced back at me and offered a smile as he listened to the blabber that even I could hear coming from the phone. “Well yeah, I’m going tonight, are you in town?” he asked. I tilted my head and slowed down as Gabe did and stood in front of him, watching him as he looked down at his shoes, kicking his feet impatiently. He then looked up to the sky, before moving his head to me, softly laughing.

“What?” I mouthed and he shook his head, nodding to the distant line down the road, clearly concert goers outside of the Metro. I observed them momentarily, before Gabe laughed again before pulling his sidekick away from his face and re-pocketing it in his hoodie. “What was that?” I asked, curiously. Gabe shook his head and propped up his hood, obviously trying to be incognito. He took a step forward, before reaching back and nonchalantly linking our hands. I eyed the union for a moment and he smiled.

“If I get jumped by a bunch of fans, I don’t want you to get separated from me,” he explained. I rolled my eyes, not finding the logic of it, but let him swing my hand as we walked and held my breath as we crossed the street to the venue. Right as we began making out way to back area, a girl towards the end of the line looked our way and much to my disappointment, announced Gabe’s arrival.

“Crap,” he voiced, and hesitated before turning towards them, yanking me along. I fought back a little, but surrendered as I got a few strange stares from a few girls, leaning towards each other to whisper. It was then that I unlinked my hand from Gabe’s. I didn’t feel like being the subject of some message board conversation on a Cobra fan site. I watched curiously as Gabe signed t-shirts, held brief conversations and laughed at the little things that some fans said. Many of them drifted back into line, and I figured we were in the clear until a lingerer finally looked at me before glancing at Gabe.

“I don’t want to be rude, but is she your girlfriend?” she voiced. I chewed on my lip and held my breath yet again as Gabe looked at the girl. He breathed a laugh before shaking his head and stepping back, reaching for my hand again. I was uncertain at first about letting him grip it, eyeing the girl’s observation of the act. Gabe’s response made it even worse.

“I wish,”

I widened my eyes a little, but had no time to see the fan’s expression as Gabe walked away, dragging him along with me. Once we were out of sight and near the back area with all the buses, I stopped, forcing Gabe to face me. I gave him the same expression, shocked.

“Why would you say something like that!?” I somewhat yelled. Gabe pushed back his hood and sunglasses simultaneously.

“To give them something to talk about,” he mumbled before grinning stupidly once more. “Plus I was only being honest,” I sighed, moderately disappointed.

“Gabe,” I whined. He frowned a little, turning away shyly, which surprised me.

“Sorry,” he whispered and I sighed.

“It’s ok, just… don’t do stuff like that,” I tilted my head to the side. “Remember I don’t like my private life on display,” I explained. Gabe nodded and looked down at my hand.

“Can I still hold your hand?” he asked, innocently. I chuckled as his question before moving it towards him. He beamed lightly before pushing his fingers into mine, dragging me away towards the back again. We were quick to make ourselves backstage, where I had to pause to take it all in.

“What?” Gabe asked, looking down at me. I shook my head, breathless.

“This is the first time I’m backstage not working,” I voiced. Gabe nodded and looked around before pointing off in the distance to where Pete was standing, talking to a shorter person in a hat, the two laughing away. Gabe walked ahead of me, and I was glad that he had disconnected our hands. As we drew closer, Pete noticed us, and as he and Gabe exchanged a manly hug, I felt arms wrap around me, twirling me around quickly. I turned to see Dirty who seemed a little pre-occupied with my clothes.

“You’re wearing the same thing as last night…” he trailed off in thought, before glancing at Gabe. “You slut,” he joked. I hit his chest before rolling my eyes.

“We got drunk, but it was classy,” Dirty shook his head.

“You can’t be classy with Gabe, only trashy,” he explained. Gabe looked back at him, the two sharing a similar brotherly hug. The other man stared at me curiously and I blinked a little as his eyes lowered to my ass for a split second before snapping up nervously to my eyes. Pete laughed and pulled on my arm, bringing him closer to me to wrap an arm around my shoulders.

“Patrick, you are probably wondering who this is,” he paused and I took the time to remember that Patrick was the lead singer of Fall Out Boy. See, I’m better with names, not faces. I laughed a little to myself, looking to Dirty who shrugged. Patrick nodded once, raising an eyebrow.

“She seems to know everybody except for me,” he voiced. Pete rolled his eyes.

“She’s awesome though,” he argued and pointed at Gabe. “Beat him at poker!” Patrick laughed before glancing at me.

“Do you have a name?” he brought up again. I was about to respond when Gabe interjected.

“Aurélie Jeanette Williams,” he spoke, fairly proudly. I smirked, nodding at Patrick.

“I-”

“I call her Jeanie though,” Pete cut me off and I glared at him for a second. Dirty leaned into the small circle we formed and grinned.

“I call her Élie,” he announced. Patrick looked to Gabe who chuckled and stole me away from Pete, wrapping an arm around my back.

“I prefer Aurélie,” I contently smiled and waited for Patrick to respond.

“I’ll just go with Jeanie, it’s easier to the tongue,” Pete laughed at this and slapped Patrick playfully.

“That’s what she said,” he joked. Patrick seemed unimpressed and shook his head.

“I don’t know what Ashlee’s been saying to you, but that’s not what a normal ‘she’ says,” he countered. Pete play pouted but turned as footsteps neared. Gabe turned as well and he jumped from me, hugging another guy a little more tightly than he had hugged Pete.

“Ry!” he shouted and I leaned a little to catch glimpse of him, realizing that it was the band mate Ry, who was actually Ryland. He raised an eyebrow at me as Gabe brought me back and pointed a finger in my face, but not rudely.

“You…” he squinted his eyes. “You are familiar,” he voiced. Gabe coughed a little bit and Ryland looked at him.

“She’s the girl that I was talking about,” he explained. I let my eyes flick to the ceiling in amazement that he would say that, and shook my head to myself as Pete yelped.

“You weren’t joking!” he yelled, making Patrick rather confused.

“What?” he asked, making Pete look at him.

“I’ll explain it later but,” he looked back at me and Gabe and just laughed. “Wow,” he breathed. I shook my head at Gabe again while Ryland widened his eyes.

“So… you are,” he trailed off and I took it as my cue, holding a hand up to silence the guys. They all shared the same smirk as I spoke.

“Aurélie Jeanette Williams,” I pointed to Pete and then to Patrick. “These two call me Jeanie, Dirty and his wife, for that matter call me Élie, and Gabe calls me Aurélie,” I looked back to Ryland who seemed amused. “You can call me-”

“Billy Jean,” he voiced, making the four of us stare at him, bewildered.

“What?” I mumbled and Ryland laughed a little.

“Billy Jean,” he repeated and rolled his eyes as we stayed with the same confused looks. “Your last name is Williams, which can be shortened to Billy, and your middle name is Jeanette-”

“Which can be shortened to Jean!” Gabe concluded. I looked suspiciously at the both of them

“Then it would be Jean Billy,” I corrected. Ryland smirked, shaking his head.

“It wouldn’t be as fun,” he argued. I sighed and glanced back at Dirty who seemed amused.

“We should hunt down the Troh and Hurley so we can jam,” Pete suddenly announced, and I looked back at Patrick and him in time for them the drift away before turning to Gabe again. Ryland cleared his throat, catching Gabe’s attention as well.

“We better go get our stuff set up, they have the make-shift curtain up,” he voiced and turned slowly walked towards the front area. Gabe looked down at me.

“Oh yeah, we are opening,” I raised an eyebrow as he took a step forward before leaning down and scooping me in a light hug. “Come watch, kay?” he asked. I nodded a few times and watched him go before Dirty came up behind me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“So… you’re the girl Gabe was talking about,” he dragged out his words, obviously trying to make fun of me. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms and turning to him.

“Don’t,” I voiced. Dirty nodded.

“Yeah, I know not to,” he jabbed a thumb behind him and perked up his eyebrows. “So, you wanna go see my baby?” he asked. I clapped my hands together excitedly and waited for Dirty to start walking ahead of me before following. As we walked, I felt a buzz and looked down at my phone to see a text from Gabe himself. I stopped momentarily, noting Dirty doing the same and glancing down at my phone before sighing, pretending to be annoyed.

Turn around
I did the action immediately, and found Gabe standing few yards away, beaming with his sidekick clenched in his hand. I raised an eyebrow but then flushed embarrassed as he blew a kiss, visibly winking at the end. Dirty let out a low whistle as Gabe disappeared and I playfully shoved him.

“Shut up,” I joked, earning a playful push back.

“I’m not saying anything,” he paused and whistled more upbeat, acting childish. He stopped and stepped backwards. “Except that you both have it bad,” he said quickly and I let my jaw drop and as he ran, I chased him, feeling right back in place with my friend. Though, I couldn’t help to think as I ran that he might be right.
Sign up to rate and review this story