Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan

Sometimes I Wish I Could Save You

by chelly_desrosiers 1 review

Nicolette moves into her Aunts home, and meets her cousin along with his friends.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Patrick Langlois,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2009-04-15 - Updated: 2009-04-15 - 1196 words - Complete

0Unrated
My honey brown eyes wondered out the window; the sky a cloudy light grey now. Sighing, I stepped out of the car along with a few of my bags at my side. The cool breeze nipped against my skin.

"Sebastien is really excited to see you, Nicolette." Aunt Beth retorted with a warm smile. I returned the smile weakly, "Please, call me Cole, Aunt Beth."

Aunt Beth unlocked the front door, moving to the side to allow me in. "I feel like I haven't been here in forever." I sighed, looking around the living room. I wondered into the kitchen, and then back to the living room.

"Your rooms upstairs down the hall and to the left, dear," Aunt Beth smiled, "I'll be down here making dinner. Make yourself at home."

Nodding, I grabbed my bags and dragged the up the carpet steps. I entered my room; my new room. A queen size bed with a zebra print bed spread lay against the left corner wall, while a dresser stood on the other wall. A black carpet covered the floor, while the walls were painted lightly pink. It was just my kind of room; not too big, not too small. Just right for me. I lay my bags down on the bed and quickly began to unpack my belongings.

"Cole?" I heard a soft voice ask. I turned around, and saw my cousin Sebastien standing by the door. "Hey Seb." I smiled. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a tight warm hug.

"Wow, you deffinitely grew up." He chuckled. I shrugged, "Well, you haven't seen me in how many years?" Sebastien was 17, while I was 16.

"Come on, my friends are downstairs. I want you to meet them," He grabbed my hand walking out my bedroom, "Plus, mom's done with dinner."

Before I knew it, I was back downstairs once more. "Guys, this is my cousin Nicolette. Cole, this is Pierre, Chuck, Jeff, and David." Seb introduced us.

"Hey." They all said with a smile. I waved, and sat on the sofa.

"Kids, dinner," Aunt Beth called from the kitchen, "Are the boys staying?" She asked Seb.

"Of course we are, Ms. Lefebvre." Pierre smiled a cocky grin.

Aunt Beth chuckled, "Pierre, how many times did I tell you to call me Beth?" He shrugged, and sat down.

I sat down, my eyes staying on my now figeting hands. "So," Pierre began, putting some mashed potatoes on to his plate, "Where are you from, Cole?"

"Vancouver, originally. But I moved to the states with-" I stopped myself. I couldn't mention my mom or my little sister.

I'm guessing you want to know why, eh?

Whenever me, my mom, and my little sister moved to Vermont, my mom met a new guy, Ken. He seemed to be an okay guy, till it came to alcohol. He was a heavy drinker; beer would be filled to the rim in the refrigerator whenever my mom let him come and live with us. Ken used to always yell at my sister and I for no apparent reason. He would even hit us. I thought living in a new home in Vermont would be a good change, but now it was just a nightmare to even be in the house with that guy living there.

One day, the nightmare seemed to get even worse. When I came home from school one day, I saw my little sister on the computer. She had to leave school and start cyber school because she'd have horrible, yet scary, muscle spasms. She ended up falling down the stairs at school because of the muscle spasms. They got so bad she couldn't even leave the house that much to get a good education at school.

Anyways, whenever I seen her slumped over on the computer desk, I thought she was just kidding around like all us teens and kids do. But whenever I got closer to her, I saw blood. More blood came into view as I got closer. As I reached her, I noticed her clothes were soaked in her own blood. That's when I saw the bullet holes in her back.

All I could do was run outside and scream for help. Police cars and paramedics came into view soon after a neighbor called 911. I didn't know if my mom was home or not. But, in the conclusion, the paramedics pulled her out too, soaked in her own blood as well. Bullet holes. White pale, icy skin. She was dead; her and my sister both.

That brings us to where I'm at now.

"Um, I'm actually not that hungry. I think I'll go finish packing." I mumbled, standing up and walking back upstairs.

"What did I say?" I heard Pierre's voice.

"Should I go talk to her, mom?" I then heard Seb ask.

"Just give her time, Seb." Aunt Beth sighed.

I shut my door, sitting on my bed. Sighing, I grabbed my journal from my almost empty bag.

April 15th, 4:30 pm.
It's only been a week and a day since my mom and sisters death. How I wish I didn't have to see them dead. After seeing them dead cold in their own blood, I can never sleep. Everytime I just my eyes, all I see is them. And Ken. I knew he did this, he had to be the one. After all the shit my little sister and I been through with him; especially mom. All I heard at my old home in Vermont was yelling and shrilling screams. No one will understand I had to endure that day. Not even my own friends would comfort me that day the incident happened. Real friends, eh? Hopefully Montreal would be a good place. It's good to see Aunt Beth and Sebastien again. I haven't seen them in a few years. I'm hoping I will forget about all this...someday.
-Cole.

A soft knock was heard on the door, and I quickly shut my journal. "Cole, can I come in?" A voice spoke up.

I opened the door, and one of the boys were there. I didn't know which one, but he had bleach blond hair with brown roots showing through. His eyes were almost a hazel like color; they looked amazing though. He also had a lip ring and nose ring.

"Um...which one are you?" I asked with a weak chuckle.

"I'm David," He smiled, "Is it alright if I come on?"

I shrugged, "I guess." And I moved over letting him come in.

David squealed, and I noticed his eyes peering over my bed. "I want your bed." He grinned.

"Nope," I laughed, "I love zebra print."

He gasped, "You too?!" I nodded. "Well, the reason I came here was to ask what's wrong? I don't want my friends cousin who I just met to be upset."

I sighed, "It's too hard to talk about right now...sorry."

David nodded, "I understand. But, if you need to talk, I'm just a call away." He smiled, walking out of the room.

David actually didn't seem that bad. He was pretty cute, too. Maybe living here won't be bad after all.
Sign up to rate and review this story