Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Vampires Will Never Hurt You...Yeah Right.

I'm Over Getting Older

by shelovestragedies 3 reviews

the title doesn't really relate to the story, I just love the song. :] What happens to Bren? Gasp.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-04-19 - Updated: 2009-04-19 - 952 words

0Unrated
I sat against the headboard of our bed, Brendon lying in my lap. His breathing had stopped long ago, along with his heart. All that was left of my potential husband was this dead, empty shell. Well, that was a lie. He wasn't empty, he was coming back. Hopefully. I could only hope I did it right, I'd never turned someone before. It had been two hours and there had been no changes to his physical appearance. What did that mean? Did I do something wrong? Was he too far gone to save?

No, stop thinking like that.

Caught up in my thoughts, I almost missed the first movement. His fingers twitched slightly, oh so slightly. Almost directly after that a violent tremor ripped through him, causing his head to fall back and his back to arch. His mouth fell open with an eerie moan, and upon inspection I saw two long fangs pushing from his gums. It had worked then. His fangs were unnaturally long, though. 'Almost like William's,' Ryan thought. His eyes snapped open, clouded and unseeing, changing color. The beautiful chocolate brown was disappearing, replaced by a deep purple. 'That's odd too. They're supposed to be red,' he observed. His skin took on a creamy white tone, the light peppering of summer freckles across his cheeks disappearing. His shirt became baggier as his arms and torso became leaner, his muscles growing and strengthening. His hair turned midnight black, and his cheekbones became more prominent, almost giving him a sharp, cruel look.

The moan escaped his lips once more, and then his body went limp. I bit my lip in worry, hoping he was okay. His eyes unglazed and he blinked a few times, looking up at me and meeting my gaze.

"Ryan?" He said, his voice smooth and perfect. His eyes looked scared and confused, and it made me feel quite guilty.
"Yeah hun, it's me." I managed a smile for him.
"What happened? I feel different."

I sighed, speaking quietly. "You are different love."

He stayed silent, looking up at me, obviously waiting for an explanation.

"I came home from William's, and you weren't downstairs or anything, and all the lights were off, which was really weird. And I got this weird feeling, like something bad had happened. Long story short, I went upstairs and you were lying on the floor, almost dead. I had to turn you." I averted my gaze. "I'm sorry."

He sat up and took my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him.
"Don't apologize hun. You saved me," he smiled. "Thank you."

He leaned up and kissed my lips softly. His lips felt amazing against mine, I no longer had to control myself, worried to hurt him, or bite him. He wasn't so fragile now.

He bit my lip like he always used to do, except this time it wasn't quite so innocent. Both his fangs cut straight through the soft flesh of my bottom lip, creating two gashes right below it. I gasped with the pain and he immediately realized what he had done. He carefully pulled his fangs from my flesh and whimpered.

"I'm so sorry Ryan, I didn't mean to."
"It's okay Bren," I smiled. I licked my fingertips and ran them over the wounds, sealing them automatically.

I heard a faint grumbling sound and Brendon frowned. "I'm hungry."

This was the part I was really not looking forwards to. I could barely handle taking blood from people and animals, how would Brendon, the diehard vegan, take that?

"I guess we should go find you something before it starts to hurt then," I said softly. I helped him up and then stood. I took his hand and led him out the door. "It's nighttime, everyone should be sleeping now. Pick a house," I told him as we walked out the door.

"No," he said firmly, stopping where he was.
"Brendon you're going to have to do this at some point, it's better to do it early on when you have at least some control over your eating habits." I tried to pull him along, but as a new vampire he was stronger than I was.
"No," he repeated. "I'm not going to go and just drink some stranger's blood, someone who doesn't even get a say in it."
"Well I'm sorry to say that you won't find many people willing to give their blood to a vampire."
He pulled his hand from mine, crossing his arms across his chest. "I'll starve then. I wont drink from someone who doesn't want me to."

I sighed. Then an idea came to me. "Drink from me. William does it all the time."
Brendon's eyes narrowed. "No Ryan. I won't."
"Why are you being so stubborn Brendon?"
"Because. I won't drink from you, and I won't drink from anyone unwilling. That's final."

I groaned and went back inside. Brendon followed silently. I sat on the couch, thinking.
We needed to find him someone who was willing to let him drink from them, or else he'd die within the hour, though Ryan didn't tell him that. Once you were changed you had to have blood, and quick.

A while later Brendon had collapsed on the couch. His skin was even more pale and he was trembling. Without blood, he would die soon.
I was worried. I had someone in mind, someone who would let him drink, but I couldn't ask that of him, what if he got hurt?

As Brendon moaned and his eyes began to roll back in his head, I knew I had no choice.

I pulled my cell phone out, and dialed the number of Jon Walker.
Sign up to rate and review this story