Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Know You've Heard This All Before But We're Just Hell's Neighbors

Media Blitz

by musicjunkie4205 4 reviews

The duo of Adia and The Sandman arrive at Dr.Benzendrine's office and get a very interesting diagnosis. Also, other problems arise, causing Adia to be on the move again, in search of the self-procl...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2009-04-20 - Updated: 2009-04-21 - 1337 words

1Exciting
A.N.: Hey guys! I'd like to thank everyone for reading and reviewing so far. I would be able to finish chapters earlier but school has me a bit bogged down right now. But thanks again for your support! Enjoy!

The Sandman looked down at the sleeping girl and seemed to be getting a memory. He closed his eyes, trying to capitalize on the feeling, but the memory soon faded as quickly as it came. He shrugged and picked Adia up and continued walking across the too-green grass. He noticed the paparazzi group turned yet another 'normal person' into a morphed, wicked, self-obsessed version of who they were. He passed Mr. Such Good Fashion Sense, dressed in a purple hoodie, rapping about hoes and anything that rhymed with it. The Sandman liked Mr. Such Good Fashion Sense, but sometimes he would dress in short-shorts and bright clothes, so The Sandman didn't always love him. After a bit of journeying and dodging the crazy 'celebs', The Sandman reached the building of Dr.Benzendrine, which was unusually yellow for this time of year. He pressed the doorbell which grew into a small, cartoon bird which flew around, chirping loudly until a moderately short man opened the door, donning a yellow tuxedo. He adjusted his top hat and stared at The Sandman.
"Doctor, I need your help." Dr.Bezendrine looked Adia, and then back to The Sandman.
"I'm not even going to ask how you got this one. Bring her in. I'll see what I can do."
The duo walked into the very vivid office, somewhat resembling the inside of a giant sunflower. Sandman always thought Benzendrine's office was created on a ray of sunshine, cause it was always too bright to be a doctor's office. Adia was placed on a examining table and Sandman instantly told what was wrong with her.
"She has a burn on her finger!"
Benzendrine chuckled. He dealt with these small injuries quite often. Walking over to a cabinet filled with creams, he noticed small pictures of a few from 'Normal Land' that he had once worked with. First was Peroxide Princess, a girl Pete had fallen in love with, and now the mother of Sour Bottle Baby, their son. Then there was Bottled Star, the happy fiancee of Mr. Such Good Fashion Sense, and one of the area's brightest talents. She was a brilliant writer, so much so that people would travel great lengths to get advice from her. Mr. Such Good Fashion Sense would wonder why Bottled Star was dating a man like him, and sometimes to be honest, she would too.
Dr.Bezendrine then grabbed a clear tube and brought it over to Adia, putting the cream inside over the burn blister. The blister disappeared by the time Benzendrine put the tube away and came back, the blister was gone.
The Sandman looked at Adia and then at Benzendrine.
"So what's your assessment?"
Benzendrine thought for a second and then turned to Sandman.
"She's the canary in the coal mine." He gave a firm nod, indicating his work here was done.
Sandman rubbed Adia's eyes lightly, waking her up from her powder-induced sleep and stepped back. Adia yawned and sat up slowly, taking in her surroundings.

The first thing I saw was a man dressed in all yellow with Joker-esque lipstick on. Then I saw The Sandman, I believe. My head was kinda woozy and my fingers tingled as my legs felt like they were being pulled apart. Looking down at my hand, I noticed my blister was gone. I narrowed my eyes, unsure of what had happened.
"Relax Adia." The Sandman smiled, clasping the shoulder of the yellow man, "This is Dr.Benzedrine."
"Hi.." I said cautiously, shaking his hand.
"If you got questions, then he is the man to ask." The Sandman hopped onto a stool nearby.
I looked at Benzendrine and figured I could trust him enough to ask him a few questions. I mean hey, the guy was short and rather cuddly looking, I doubt he could do much to me.
"Well, where is this? What is this? Who are.." I pointed out the window at the oddly dressed people. "..they? Why am I here?"
Benzendrine sighed, I bet he's heard this question before.
"Well, this is Hollywood. But it isn't your world's Hollywood. It's like a weird, warped reality of it. Those people are much like the starlets of your world - self-obsessed and horrible role models. And you're obviously here because you were dissatisfied with your life, and you wanted to change it."
I took a minute or so to chew on his answers, thinking my question through carefully. I was about to ask how I can get home but I was cut off by a gasp from Sandman.
"She has the toxic on her!" He pointed at my leg.
Me and Benzendrine looked down to see an odd, cartoony and grey-ed version of what my leg once was. I reeled back in horror.
"What is this!? What the hell is it doing to my leg!?" I looked around for some type of answer.
"Oh no...we got to get you out of here fast. This stuff is going to spread pretty quickly." Benzendrine rushed to a phone, requesting to speak to an H. Shoe Crab.
"Sandman, what's going on? Will I be ok?" I looked at him, hopeful.
"I don't know honestly. Once you get hit with toxin, you end up like them...or us..." He seemed crestfallen.
"But you're fine. I just don't want to look like them."
"We're not fine though Adia. We all have faults, even here. And you seem like a really nice girl, so me and Benzendrine are going to try to get you out of here. Out of the spotlight."
He got up and Benzendrine came back, carrying a doctor's bag.
"Let's go," He called. "Shoe crab is being unnaturally compliant today, and I want to take advantage of his good mood."
I followed the duo out of the yellow office, back out into the distorted world.
"But what will Shoe Crab do for me?" I pondered aloud.
"He'll give you enough luck to keep your mutation at bay long enough to get you home. He's the luckiest man alive, you know. Can throw a horseshoe farther than you could imagine. You can trust him with anything." Sandman fondly spoke. "And he lives out of the Hollywood area, kinda in the desert, so we'll have a moderately safe ride."
I walked with them in silence, wondering if this kind of attention was really worth it anymore. I didn't like everyone on top of me, wanting to be apart of me. As I saw totem poles and horseshoes on the ground ahead, I figured we were getting closer. The fish in the river along our path popped their heads out to speak to us.
"You do know it gets mighty dark out in those parts of the land." One of the two fish said, his fins made of various garbage items.
"We are well aware." Benzendrine stated politely.
"Yea, now swim along little fishies, before I make you two my dinner and my mantlepiece!" Sandman walked towards them.
The two fish then disappeared back into the sludge river. Suddenly I became cynical, worrying about the possbilities.
"What if Shoe Crab can't even help me! What if he doesn't want to! What if he's not here and I have to get taken over by the toxic thing! Do you think he's here?" I looked at Benzendrine and I was suddenly met with a loud yell.
"Watch out!" Sandman pulled me to the right as a black object swooshed past my face.
We all looked at the ground to see part of a horseshoe sticking up.
"Oh he's here alright. He's is definitely here." Benzendrine noted the H.S.C carved into the metal.
Maybe I was getting in over my head with this. Maybe I got what I wanted...and more.
Sign up to rate and review this story