Categories > Books > Harry Potter > You're my what?

Part 2

by scruffy1 21 reviews

Harry wakes up in France.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [!] [!!] [!!!] [V] [X] [R] [?] [Y] - Published: 2009-04-29 - Updated: 2009-04-29 - 7395 words - Complete

5Ambiance
I have tried not to steal too much from any one author but I’m not stupid enough to say I’ve taken only from JKR who owns this universe we play in. Best make that her and anyone she’s sold pieces of it to.

If you recognize something that you feel as yours I hope you treat it like we all hope she treats our writing. “Interesting but that isn’t cannon people,”


You’re my WHAT?

By Scruffy1

Part 2


Back in England Mundungus Fletcher arrived a little late for the first watch of the summer at 4 Privet Drive, The summer home of Harry Potter. Seeing a car already in the driveway he assumed everything was all right before settling in for his eight hour shift. Watching for death eater attacks wasn’t fun but it was a good place to catch forty winks or so and the old man did slip him a few Galleons for his effort. It wouldn’t be until an Order of the Phoenix meeting later when an inquiry about Harry’s health from Molly Weasley had everyone comparing notes before deciding none of the watchers had seen Harry Potter this year.



~ HP&GD~



The next morning Harry awoke in a large bed even more comfortable than his Hogwarts one. Looking around he grabbed his glasses from the nightstand before pulling his covers tight around his neck when the bedroom door opened and Gabrielle stepped in saying, “Breakfast is informal. There is a robe hanging on the back of your bathroom door. Put it on and join us downstairs we have a lot to talk about,” before shutting the door leaving Harry alone with a smile on his face.

Harry found the robe and after taking care of some pressing needs he stumbled downstairs finding everyone on second try. “Good morning Mr. Potter how did you sleep?”

Harry actually thought about it for a moment before, and unfortunately without thought, replying, “It was the second best night’s sleep I’ve had this year.”

“What was the occasion that prompted your best night’s sleep?” Madam Delacour asked

She had her answer when after a moments thought Harry shut his mouth firmly and while blushing bright red replied, “I don’t actually recall.”

Madam Delacour knowing her husband was already aware of the details of Gabrielle’s night time visit decided to help out her youngest daughter asking, “That wouldn’t have been when you had a bed companion earlier this year would it?”

Harry’s bowed head and increasing blush gave her the answer she sought. “Mama, do not tease Harry like that,” Gabrielle said speaking up. Earning an appreciative glance from Harry for her effort.

Once he’d regained what little composure he could manage Harry said, “I want to thank you for doing this for me. It’s really great but won’t you get in trouble with Dumbledore and everyone? I mean he’s the head of the International Confederation of Wizards.”

“You are correct but even the head is not all powerful. He can’t come after me without the conditions of your upbringing coming into play and that he definitely does not want.” Mr. Delacour explained.

“Thank you.” Harry replied.

Mrs. Delacour spoke up, “Now that everyone is here you have two days to offer suggestions for summer trips and vacation ideas, you are included in this Harry. Summers here are something like a benign dictatorship. The girls and now you get to request special events they would like to do, from visiting museums to holidays at various locations. Then Joseph and I will decide which of these we agree with. Naturally we have some things of our own that will also be included.

“Don’t worry about museums and such Harry our parents insure we visit enough of those. Unless there is one you’d really like to visit.” Fleur interjected adding the last in response to a glare from her father.

Harry looked at his surroundings thinking his trunk contained only school clothes and a few outfits for Hogsmeade weekends. His normal summer wardroom of Dudley’s castoffs was at 4 Privet drive. “Is there a Gringotts branch in Paris and do you think I’d be able to access my vault from here?” he asked.

Joseph replied automatically, “Yes we have our own Gringotts and I was able to access my account in England so I suspect the reverse is true.”

“Do you, I mean could we schedule a shopping trip soon?” Harry replied a hint of color in his cheeks.

“I get to choose your clothes,” Gabrielle said quickly.

“Gabby!” her mother said sharply in reprimand.

“It’s all right. Hermione and Lavender have told me repeatedly I have no sense of style,” Harry said referring to his Hogsmeade outfits.

“If you need a style consultant I will fill that role,” Apolline Delacour said adding when she noticed both her daughter’s pouting, “However the girls will accompany us and might be allowed some input if they behave.”

Apolline decided there was no time like the present making plans for a shopping trip right after breakfast. Harry didn’t realize what Joseph’s shaking head and obvious suppressed laughter meant at the time.



~ HP&GD~



Harry returned that night having made two firm decisions; the first was to insure he never had more than one female offering fashion advice, if he allowed any at all, when he was picking out clothes; the second was to learn French fast. Having a group of females conversing in a language you didn’t understand and laughing while you paraded around in outfit after outfit they’d picked out was the height of embarrassment and frustration. If cornered he’d admit they’d chosen some killer outfits for him but when he suggested they pick up a few for Fleur and Gabrielle the topic was quickly changed. The French version of Gringotts was more impressive than the English but Goblins were goblins, quick and all business. Harry was able to get a credit card that worked in the muggle world and enough Galleons to get him through the day’s shopping with enough left over to last a month or so he hoped.

At Dinner that evening Joseph Delacour said, “While you were enjoying a day shopping I have been trying to reach your godfather. I wanted to invite him to visit it would make several things I’ve planned much easier. However despite my best efforts I haven’t been able to locate him. Every owl would just fly around before returning to his or her perch.”

Harry thought for a moment. He knew were Sirius was and while not knowing warding knew Hedwig had carried mail to him before. “Send your message with Hedwig. She’s always been able to find him,” Harry offered.

Knowing several wards that would allow only specific owls through Joseph agreed making plans to visit the Owlery right after dinner.



~ HP&GD~



Two days later Harry was at the station waiting for his godfather to arrive. “Sirius Black any problems getting here?” Joseph asked holding out his hand to the younger man.

“Had to get rid of a few tracking charms on me and my stuff once I was out of that place but no real problems.” Sirius replied. Smiling at the sight of you godson holding hands with a great looking young blond he said, “Hey Harry you’re looking better.”

Harry felt Gabrielle drop his hand. Looking over she motioned to him that was all the encouragement Harry needed going over he hugged his godfather. Sirius looked between the two kids then to Joseph raising an eyebrow. He received a slight headshake in return. Smiling he ruffled what little hair Harry had before grabbing his bag and following everyone as they left the station.

After an evening of recounting the Tri-wizard tournament to Sirius both Gabrielle and Harry were tired and headed up to bed Sirius made noises to join them thinking Apolline and Joseph were just waiting for him to retire. “Sirius if you are able my wife and I have a few things to discuss with you.”

Thinking he might know the issue Sirius said, “I didn’t come here to get you or your government in trouble. Now that I’ve seen Harry and assured myself of his safety I can make my goodbyes and head off.”

Joseph reacted quickly, “You misunderstand your presence here is not a problem. I have already discussed this at the necessary government levels and everyone that needs to know is well aware of your arrival. Should the British wizarding government demand your capture and repatriation our ambassador will remind them the government of Monte Carlo has demanded the same thing regarding one Ludovic Bagman for his attempting to fix several games of chance in their casino. Until that is resolved we will not discuss anything regarding you further. However should you ever wish to testify under Veritaserum concerning the incidents of that day I can assure you several departments in the French ministry would love to listen and perhaps ask a few questions.”

“That shouldn’t be a problem. If this isn’t my presence then I take it is about those two?”

“Yes, I’m sure you remember Harry saying he retrieved Gabrielle from the lake when Fleur was unable to finish the second task.”

Sirius nodded having heard exactly that earlier in the evening.

“Mr. Black I need your word that the remainder of this conversation will not be repeated beyond us and the two that have just left.” Apolline said.

As Sirius started to pull his wand Joseph quick said, “That won’t be necessary your word is enough for us. Besides who knows what the future holds you might find it necessary to inform someone else but please be careful with this knowledge.”

“I promise,” Sirius said firmly wondering what prompted the request.

“Mr. Black,” Apolline started only to stop and restart at his raised eyebrow, “Sirius, Veela breed true my daughter is as much of a Veela as my mother and some do not consider us human because of various abilities, your English ministry being one of them.”

“If that’s true then either us or muggles are not human either. You’re just human with some special abilities,” Sirius countered.

“Thank you. However it is those special abilities, a nice turn of phrase by the way, that created the problem we are going to talk about. Under the right conditions a Veela will find herself imprinting on an individual or rather the individual will imprint themselves on the Veela. When this occurs the Veela must stay close to the individual, most always a male, or suffer problems ranging from temporary madness to death.”

“Let me guess Harry and Gabrielle?” Sirius asked his delivery making it more of a statement than a question.

“Right in one.”

“So how did you notice and how bad is it?”

“My oldest daughter noticed her sister having problems after Harry recovered her from the lake. She contacted me with the details. I suspected what was going on and went to Hogwarts performing several spells on my daughter I verified my suspicions and arranged for her to spend time with Mr. Potter every week.”

“So they just need to visit weekly?” Sirius asked thinking ‘that isn’t too bad.’

“If that were it the problem would be easily handled. They could go their separate ways while staying friends and only their significant others might realize there was something unusual between them. Did you notice how they glossed over the fight in the cemetery?” Joseph asked.

“Now that you mention it yes,”

“Harry did that to protect my daughter’s feelings. One of the death eaters cast the killing curse at my daughter as they were leaving. Harry jumped in front of Gabrielle taking the curse for her.”

Sirius really did try not to yell his next question, “Are you telling me my godson got hit with a second killing curse and is up walking around?”

Apolline’s sharp, “Mr. Black!” brought Sirius to heel.

All was quiet for a minute until Sirius said, “Sorry but it was a bit of a shock,” by way of an apology.

“Understood, The surprising thing is according to him he actually feels better since getting hit, but we are going off topic. Harry’s actions in saving Gabrielle changed the nature of her imprinting,” Joseph continued.

“But he’s only fourteen and she’s what eight?”

“Actually she will be thirteen and he will be fifteen before the month is out. The problem with her looks will be cured shortly.” Apolline said drawing a look from her husband.

“Has she started the change already?” Joseph asked his wife while Sirius looked between the two confused.

“Yes, I noticed the first indications yesterday morning. Sirius, Veela stay very young looking, like my youngest, until the change hits. Over the course of the next few months she will grow into a beautiful woman, gaining over a foot in height along with… her attributes. The interesting thing to watch will be how this affects Harry.”

“He’s a soon to be fifteen year old boy. He’ll be drooling on the carpet as he chases her around the house. We will need to teach her how to whack him on the nose to keep him in line.” Sirius said a bit of laughter in his voice.

“That is the problem, she’s imprinted. If he wants to do anything at all she will be very willing to accommodate his every whim. However what I meant was as long as Harry is not an adult it is possible for her condition to also affect Harry physically. If her magic and his are close and he allows it either consciously or unconsciously. Harry will also experience significant physical changes.” Apolline replied.

Sirius had his head in his hands when he asked, “How significant?”

“Best case or worst depending on your point of view?” she asked continuing at Sirius’s nod. “Harry will be over 2 meters tall with a good amount of muscle mass. The exact outcomes in both their cases would be worked out magically based on how they view each other and how they view themselves. I suspect her desires would override his poor self image and pray that his teenaged hormones don’t distort my daughter too bad. I have already requested that a Veela healer visit us tomorrow to make sure everything with Gabrielle is alright. I will see if they will examine Harry afterwards. Perhaps he is not being affected.”

Sirius picked his head up out of his hands and looked at Apolline saying, “This is Harry of course he’s going to be affected.”



~ HP&GD~



Late the next morning the Veela Healer confirmed Sirius’ statement. “It appears we have a joint maturing taking place. Not only is Gabrielle’s Veela abilities maturing her as they normally would all indications are her Veela abilities are combining with his magic. Together they are… I don’t know was he abused as a kid?”

“If you mean beaten and underfed then yes. I don’t think they did anything… that way with him,” Sirius said cautiously.

“Then that is what I’m seeing. It would not be a stretch to say their combined abilities are rebuilding him. Remaking his bones without the weaknesses from prior breaks, correcting various organ problems that would surface in a few years. It will take a bit longer than Gabrielle’s process but he will be far healthier in the long run.”

“So is there anything we can do to help?” Sirius asked expecting to be told to sit and wait.

“Yes, Seeing as we have both parents and guardian here there is something that can speed their maturing and it is a joint maturing I am talking about.”

Apolline looked at the healer her eyebrow raised as she asked, “I hesitate to ask seeing how you phrased that. I suspect it involves them and one bed.”

Nodding her head the healer continued, “And lots of skin contact. Be aware should we proceed there is a strong possibility they will fall in to a deep sleep until the process ends and we will have to feed them occasionally.”

Sirius asked, “I hope he can keep his boxers on.”

The healer hesitated for a moment then realizing she wouldn’t get a better offer took it, “Yes that might be best. Would it be acceptable for Gabrielle to be similarly attired?” she asked looking at Apolline and Joseph who’d stayed home for this exam.

“Yes,” Joseph answered knowing that no matter how much he wanted to scream ‘Two beds in separate countries,’ that answer would not be in his daughter’s best interest.

“Everyone agreed?” Apolline asked looking around and seeing no disagreements she said, “Then let’s get the two of them in here and explain it. Then it’s up to bed with them.”

The explanation went quickly getting the two teens to agree was the hardest and longest part of the discussion. It was decided that Apolline would be in the room with the healer as they settled in. If they stayed awake then they would rise and just spend nights sleeping together with a very strong emphasis on sleeping.



~ HP&GD~



A shaken Apolline emerged from Gabrielle’s bedroom to questions from the two men waiting for her. “What went on we heard some noises before a silencing ward was cast. Is everything all right?”

“You might say that. The healer is checking Harry over as best she can.”

“Is he alright? I thought this was going to be easy.” Sirius asked jumping into the conversation.

Apolline held up her hand saying, “Let me get a glass of wine and I’ll explain everything. After that shock I need one.”

As everyone was settling into the sitting room wine in hand the Veela healer walked in saying, “Harry is fine. Gabrielle is fine. They are both out cold and should stay that way for a while provided everyone leaves them alone.”

Sirius reached the end of his politeness, “What the heck happened in there?”

Apolline looked at the healer saying, “Allow me to start,” as she passed a glass of wine to the Veela healer. Then to the group at large she said, “Harry was a perfect gentleman. He stayed out of the room until Gabrielle was in bed and her modesty protected by the covers. He then entered and after dropping his shirt and trousers on a chair climbed into bed facing away from Gabrielle while keeping his eyes averted. It was when Gabrielle reached forward to hold Harry in her arms that it happened. At her touch he fell unconscious so she started to snuggle against him. Suddenly she transformed, instead of hands she now had sharp claws that made short work of his boxers and her briefs. Once total skin contact was assured she settled down to hold him. I left at that point.”

“It was a good thing you left. She stayed in the partially transformed state while I examined Harry and what I could of her. She was quite protective of Harry. Once I was at the door she lay down and transformed back in to a sweet girl holding him close. Just to see what would happen I again approached the bed only to watch one hand rise with a fireball in it. Seeing that I quickly left the room.”

Sirius took a sip of wine muttering to himself, “The poor kid can’t catch a break. He’s in bed with a Veela and he’s unconscious.”



~ HP&GD~



The order meeting broke up quickly once it became evident that no one had seen Harry at Privet drive since school had let out. Each one of the watchers was quietly berating themselves for not noticing Harry might be missing, except for Mundungus he was quietly figuring out how much money he was going to lose if the boy had gone missing. His only bright thought was perhaps Dumbledore would pay him to search for the boy… at taverns of course. A few of the others wondered if Sirius’s desire to return to his former tropical hideout had anything to do with Harry’s disappearance however before Sirius left he had sworn on his magic he had nothing to do with Harry’s disappearance.. That oath had convinced everyone he just wanted to leave England.

Alastor Moody and Dumbledore apparated to Mrs. Figg’s house on Privet Drive before going over to Number 4 to personally see Harry Potter and put to rest the worries of other members of the order.

Vernon Dursley met them at the door and very grudgingly invited them in. Stopping them in the hallway out of sight of the neighbors.

“Vernon where is Harry Potter.” Dumbledore asked in what any wizard who’d attended Hogwarts in any of the past few decades could have told Vernon was his, ‘You don’t want to mess with me,” tone of voice

Never having heard of a skill called Legilimency Vernon kept to the story he’d been given; Harry had requested at wand point to be dropped of during the ride home and Vernon had no choice but to comply. He had no idea what happened to the boy after that. When the wizards questioning him left, having gotten the real story out of his mind, Dudley said, “That’s a lot to put up with for a thousand pounds dad.”

Vernon shook his head saying, “They’re amateurs boy, I give my sales people a worse going over than that any time they miss a sale.”

Dumbledore immediately went to Hogwarts and checked the devices he had monitoring Harry Potter. As he feared they were all non-functional. Whoever had Harry was good and that didn’t bode well. The man in Vernon’s memory was unknown to him and quite possibly a random muggle Imperiused in to performing the required actions to acquire Harry Potter for a person or persons unknown.



~ HP&GD~



Nymphadora Tonks was still serving her first years probation as an Auror doing the grunt work involved in whatever investigation they assigned her partner. This week she was interviewing the various students involved in the fiasco that was the end of the Tri-Wizard tournament. Changing her appearance from Auror to normal Muggle she made her way to an upper class neighborhood knocking on the front door.

“Can I help you?” a woman asked as she answered the door.

Tonks unconsciously straightened up saying, “I’m Auror Tonks. I’m here to interview your daughter Hermione Granger about an incident at school,” stopping in shock as the door shut in her face. After a minute the door reopened with Hermione standing there.

“I do not know you,” Hermione stated firmly.

“I was a seventh year puff when you were a first year gryf. I doubt you would remember me.”

Hermione looked to her mother who glanced behind her then nodded. “Alright come on in but keep you hands in plain sight and away from your wand.” Hermione said opening the door allowing Nymphadora to enter.

Tonks did a quickly look around as she was trained spotting an older man, probably Hermione’s father, standing against the far wall a shotgun cradled in his arms.

“There’s no need for that Governor.” Tonks said doing her best to appear professional and none threatening.

“Have a seat.” Hermione said motioning to a nice chair placed so her father had a clear shot. Hermione and her mother took seats well out of the line of fire and out of arms reach. Once the ladies were seated Hermione’s father took a seat that had him at an angle to Nymphadora. “Allow me to make the introductions. This is my mother Doctor Margaret Granger and over there is my father Doctor Herman Granger. For safety’s sake be aware my father is not holding that shotgun for show. What can I do for you Auror Tonks?”

Nymphadora felt herself get the shakes. This was decidedly different than having a wand held on you. Wands she understood. “Would you inform your father that if I shift shape it is not any attack, I am a Metamorphmagus, that means I can assume many different appearances. When I get this nervous my control occasionally slips.”

“I am aware of what a Metamorphmagus is Auror I believe my father heard you but I will not guarantee his actions so please be careful. What particular incident is this about?”

Tonks took a moment to focus then said, “The end of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. You were one of the students closest to Harry Potter. We would like to know if you’ve remembered any further details that might help our investigation.

Tonks and Mrs. Granger watched Hermione enter what Mrs. Granger knew as intense thinking mode. They all remained silent until Hermione looked at Tonks saying, “No I believe I said everything at that time. I also recall Mr. Delacour taking responsibility for everything that happened at the graveyard. Is there anything else?”

Tonks shook her head. This wasn’t the first time she’d been reminded about Mr. Delacour’s actions that night. “On a separate topic have you heard from Mr. Potter?”

“No, is there a reason you asked that?”

Tonks was trapped she knew the girl would figure out the reason shortly regardless of her actions. “He’s gone missing. According to Dumbledore his uncle was paid a thousand pounds to drop him off at a lay-up on the way back from the train station. No one has seen him sense.”

“And you trust Dumbledore’s statement?”

“Great man Dumbledore, he would never lie to me.” Tonks said starting to push herself out of the chair in preparation for leaving only to stop and say, “I’m getting up and heading back to the door,” to Mr. Granger who nodded watching her every move.

Once they were alone and Hermione recast the magical detection ward she’d found in the library. Her parents were unaware of the restriction on underage magic besides Hermione had found the spell for wand tracking during a visit to the restricted section in her third year. Now she was removing it when she returned home and recasting it when she returned to school. Her father returned from a trip to the kitchen holding two glasses of wine for him and his wife. He also held one of watered wine for Hermione as everyone settled back into their favorite living room chair Herman said, “Hermione you have an interesting look on your face.”

After taking a sip of the watered wine she replied, “Yes I found the phrase she used to describe Dumbledore quite interesting. I’ve spoken with at least seven people about Headmaster Dumbledore and they all started their reply with, “Great man Dumbledore, he would never, then address whatever it was we were talking about,” almost like they were following a script.”

Margaret Granger looked at her daughter concerned. “Is there a way to compel someone to answer that way?”

Hermione thought for a moment before replying, “Several actually.”

Margaret nodded then decided to have a conversation she’d discussed with Herman, “Hermione are you sure you still wish to attend Hogwarts? Your father and I would be willing to pay for any tutors need to bring you up to speed to attend any normal school you wish. You don’t have to go back to Hogwarts if you don’t want to.”

“Actually I do. If I leave Hogwarts before finishing my OWL year they will snap my wand basically kicking me out of the magical world.”

“You can’t transfer schools? Not even to another magical school?” Her father asked confused.

Hermione’s disgust became evident as she said, “To transfer from Hogwarts I need the approval of my magical guardian. Thanks to a law passed a few decades back the Headmaster of Hogwarts is the de facto magical guardian for all muggle born students enrolled at Hogwarts.”

Her father wasn’t about to give up however, “Could we appoint a magical guardian?”

“Don’t know, I suppose you could have at least before I started school.”

Margaret jumped in asking, “Do you have wizarding barristers that we could talk this over with?”

Hermione shrugged, “Might be a bit expensive but I could ask around in Diagon alley.”

“Tomorrow while we’re at work why don’t you visit the alley and have a look around. Find out if such a thing exists and make an appointment for us to see them. You know our working hours and if need be we can always reschedule a few appointments.” Her father said ending the discussion.



~ HP&GD~



Sirius looked over at Apolline Delacour again asking, “Are you sure I can’t help you take care of them?”

Gabrielle’s mother looked at her houseguest in exasperation saying, “It is not a problem Sirius. I go in cast a cleaning spell and pour some of the energy potion the healer left into each of them. After a quick checking spell only a Veela can cast I leave. Nothing to it.” What she didn’t say was in the process of doing all that she normally was able to have a few words with her daughter who would occasionally wake as she felt the cleaning spell. Besides she really didn’t want him seeing how well the nude teens were developing. It might give the poor man a stroke.

Sirius sighed he knew she had good reasons for keeping that chores to herself but two weeks of sitting around waiting for his godson to regain consciousness was becoming a bit much. “I feel useless.” He muttered more to himself than anyone.

Apolline heard his complaint and recent discussions with her husband provided a solution. “Sirius you are a free individual here. Why don’t you get in touch with a dueling instructor I’m sure you can get a referral in Paris. That way you can regain your skills and when Harry is ready you can help him improve. One of the reasons we held Fleur out of school and will be holding Gabrielle out also is the change in their bodies is so great they need time to adjust. Most kids go through an awkward stage as they grow think how bad it is when you are suddenly over 25 centimeters taller.”

Sirius looked up asking, “Harry’s grown that much?”

“I haven’t measured him but I suspect when we see him he might exceed that.”

Thinking hard Sirius said, “I think he was around 5 foot 3 when he came here that would make him…”

“Roughly 160 centimeters”

“Adding 25 centimeters gives us 185 which is…?” Sirius asked looking at Apolline.

“A touch over six feet.”

“Not bad, not bad at all. At least he won’t look like a shrimp.”

“Yes but given how he was fixated on being a Quidditch seeker this might put him out of that position.”

“You just had to mention that didn’t you.” Sirius replied deciding her suggestion was probably the best idea he stood up and saying, “I’d best start my training then,” he head to his room to get his cloak and money pouch thinking the Goblins might be able to give him a lead on who the best trainer was.



~ HP&GD~



Hermione escorted her parents into to the Diagon Alley office of Brocklehurst and Ackerley, the wizarding barrister firm she’d selected. “Hello I’m Samuel Brocklehurst I believe I have a daughter in Hogwarts with Hermione here,” he said introducing himself as the Granger’s entered.

“Mr. Brocklehurst I’m Doctor Herman Granger, this is my wife Doctor Margaret Granger and of course our daughter Hermione. I was wondering if we could get your professional advice on a problem we have?”

“Of course.” Samuel replied then added, “Give me a Galleon.”

“What,” Hermione asked already fishing in her purse.

“Once I have your money you have hired me and any discussion we have is protected. I can not be given any truth drug or made to testify about our discussion.”

“Oh,” Hermione said passing the galleon to Mr. Brocklehurst who listened as Herman explained their magical guardian issue.

“That is solvable. However I am not sure you will like my suggestion.”

“And that is?” Margaret asked.

“You will need to designate a magical guardian for her. If she has an adult wizard or witch, it would be best if they were old enough to be her parent, that person could be designated by you to act in her best interest. I must point out however that her best interest might not be in the best interest of her parents.”

As her parents digested the information Hermione took the bull by the horns, “Mr. Brocklehurst would it be possible for you to become my magical guardian?”

Samuel Brocklehurst thought that might be the outcome of this discussion once he started to understand her parents concern. As he thought through the ramifications he remembered what his daughter had told him last night when he’d asked her about Hermione. “Smart, should have been in Ravenclaw. Dumb, hasn’t put Ron Weasley in his place yet. Brave, you’d have to be hanging out with Harry Potter.” He’d stopped her at that point asking her how close Hermione was to Harry. Her reply had bearing now, “Honestly? He left a date with Cho, a very good-looking housemate of mine, just because Hermione asked him to. Rumor was she had the inside track to become Mrs. Harry Potter until he started hanging out with the French Champion’s little sister earlier this year.”

Hermione sat back watching him think through her question it was obvious he had more information on her than had come out in this meeting. Finally he said, “I can either be your guardian and represent you or represent your parents. I cannot do both. My associate Mr. Ackerley could represent your parents should they wish. In fact I would insist they get a different solicitor to handle their side of this discussion.”

Reaching a decision Hermione nodded then looked to her parents. Herman nodded asking, “Mr. Brocklehurst would Mr. Ackerley be free at the moment?”

Two hours and a good sized amount of Galleons later Hermione had her magical guardian and the process underway to create her own account at Gringotts with a portion of her trust account in it giving her pecuniary independence should that become a question. Her solicitor had a far harder problem to solve. How to suggest to a colleague that he have his daughter tested for mind controlling spells or potions.



~ HP&GD~



Harry slowly rose from his dream. He was at the point where he could realize he’d been dreaming and what the dream had been about while not conscious enough to realize there was a body in bed with him and just what his hands were on. He was fighting waking up further wanting to return to his dream involving partially dressed women when a very soft voice came from in front of him. “Harry if you don’t wake up soon I’m going to wake you the hard way.”

Grumbling Harry crossed a barrier suddenly realizing he was cuddled up to someone and his body was rapidly telling him they were both naked. His mind was analyzing reports from one of his hands about how soft and yet firm something he was holding was. Realization that he was in bed with a woman struck then a particular part of his body was telling him it liked that idea a lot. His hand sprang open and he tried to move away from whomever it was when the voice return, “Harry don’t you dare let me get cold, get back here and hold me.”

This time the voice registered in his mind, “Gabrielle?” he asked wondering just where his hand hold had come from.

“Yes.”

“What happened, last thing I remember was climbing into bed with you.”

“The short or long version?” Gabrielle asked a chuckle in her voice.

“Short I need to use a bathroom.”

“That might be a problem. We climbed into bed three weeks ago. From what my mother has said to me over the last few visits you experienced a veela maturation.”

“Right a bit longer version might be in order.”

“When you are ready I’ll bring you up to speed just know that you are not the boy that climbed into bed with a pre-teen girl. You’ve felt my changes a bit you have gone through something similar.”

“Okay.” Harry said turning over and starting to sit up as his legs swung to the floor stopping when the hit the floor. ‘that’s new. Normally they dangle a bit, must be a different height bed.’ Harry thought before getting to his feet and grabbing his robe discarding it when it came nowhere near fitting him. Tossing it over his shoulder intending to hold it in front of him when he came out he headed for the bathroom. His walk to the bathroom had him worried. It resembled a drunken stagger more than a walk something he’d witnessed his cousin do on more that one occasion.

Apolline Delacour entered her daughter’s bedroom in a hurry. Glancing at the bed she noticed her daughter was awake and alone. “Where is he?”

“In the bathroom.”

Apolline shook her head, “You were suppose to keep him in bed and summon me.” She said reproaching her daughter.

“You try stopping him sometime.” Gabrielle answered a frown on her face.

“Harry are you alright?” Apolline called through the door to Gabrielle’s bath.

“No this robe doesn’t fit and I don’t have my wand.” A deeper voice than she’d expected replied.

“Come out here and I’ll alter it for you.”

“No.”

“What do you mean no. Are you going to live in there?”

“If necessary. This thing doesn’t even fit my shoulders.” Harry complained.

“Then pass it out an I’ll alter it.” Apolline replied. Smiling as the door opened a just enough for the robe to be forced through before it was closed again. Apolline looked over at her daughter who was doing a poor job of suppressing a giggle. “Gabrielle how big should I make this?”

Gabrielle appeared thought full for a moment before replying, “A size or two larger than papa’s and several centimeters longer,” she finished with a sigh.

Apolline’s eyebrow rose at the directions but followed them figuring only one size larger than her husband was in order. A knock and the door opened enough for a hand to emerge and grab the robe before retreating behind a closed door.

“Better.” Harry’s voice came from behind the door before he opened in and stepped back into Gabrielle’s bedroom.

She’d thought her daughter’s directions were going to result in a robe he’d be swimming him. Quite the contrary he barely fit into it. “Let me expand the shoulders a bit more,” She said drawing her wand. Knowing who was waiting just outside the door Apolline motioned to Gabrielle to cover up then called out, “Sirius your godson is up.”

Sirius practically exploded into the room looking around for the short wiry boy his godson had been. It took Harry speaking for Sirius realize the tall muscular man standing by Apolline was his godson.

It was when Sirius pulled him in to a hug that Harry realized how much he’d grown. Instead of looking up at his godfather he was looking him in the eye. Apolline suggested they go to Harry’s room where Sirius could transfigure one of the outfits they’d gotten him earlier to fit.

As they left Apolline started to approach her daughter only to watch her daughter throw back the covers and emerge from the bed like a butterfly from a cocoon. Nudity had never been an issue between the females of the Delacour family and it wasn’t now. “My little waif dancer is gone.” Apolline commented.

Gabrielle acknowledged her mother’s comment with a tilt of her head asking, “And who stands in her place?”

“At this moment I do not know. I suspect but I will remain silent until the healer examines you.”

In his room Harry reached for his wand intending to do his own transformation of his under garments. Sirius stopped him saying, “The healer’s instructions were no magic for either of you until she examined you.”

“Great when’s that?”

“I suspect Apolline will be calling her shortly. But let me transfigure these things for you.”

Two hours later Harry entered the Delacour’s sitting room having dressed after the healer’s exam to hear the healer say, “It is as we suspected. I will make the required announcement when I return. I believe you will be contacted late today or sometime tomorrow morning. Therefore you should decide how you want this handled this afternoon.” The healer said before disappearing leaving behind one confused teen, one worried but happy teen, and two worried adults.

“Alright what did I miss and how bad is it?” Harry asked looking at the group as he sat down beside Gabrielle.

Noting, ‘He gravitates to her without thought,’ Apolline prayed that this go well for her daughter’s sake. Speaking up when she saw Sirius start she overrode his comment not wanting this to degenerate into a bawdy version of events. “Harry you and Gabrielle have managed to achieve something wonderful.”

“Then why does everyone have long faces?”

“Not everyone,” Gabrielle spoke up from beside him a smile on her face.

“Right let’s do this the same way as last time.” Harry said taking Gabrielle’s hand heading for the door to the grounds.

Close to an hour later he ushered Gabrielle back through the door before turning to the adults saying, “I’m still a little confused on the details but according to what I’ve been told I now have… What was that term you used Gabrielle?”

“A companion.” Gabrielle replied looking at Sirius.

Sirius started to open his mouth only to stop when Harry said, “Sirius you had better not be making an off color remark concerning me or Gabrielle Delacour Potter.”

Apolline’s sharp intake of breath at his comment drew all eyes to her. “You are claiming her?” she half asked half prayed.

“Of course, whether she ends up as my sister or something else is yet to be decided. I will not however abandon her to fate.” Harry replied drawing an admiring glance from Gabrielle.

“Harry I am tired,” Gabrielle said a few moments later.

Harry rose saying, “As am I,” adding to the group, “The healer said we might tire quickly for the next few weeks. We will see you tomorrow,” before leaving the room Gabrielle at his side.

When Apolline checked later she found them curled up in his bed. Deducing from the pile of clothes at each side they were dressed this night as they were last night.

That evening two letters were jointly composed and sent to the respective schools. It was time for home schooling to start.



~ HP&GD~



Dumbledore looked at the pile of official notices on his desk before waiving his wand to file most of them leaving any concerning his special project. It turned out to be just one from Sirius Black acting in is role of Harry Potter’s guardian officially notifying the Headmaster of Hogwarts that Harry was taking a sabbatical from school. Even the P.S. of “It might turn in to a Mondaytical and Tuesdaytical,” failed to lighten his mood. With the Hogwarts Express due to leave London in fifteen minutes this was not the time for Dumbledore to go chasing around trying to find the student that had slipped through his fingers earlier this summer.
Sign up to rate and review this story