Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Thousand Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Regret

by kai_kai 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-04-30 - Updated: 2009-04-30 - 1435 words

1Ambiance
Ray, Mikey, Frank, and Bob all woke up immediately after Gerard shook them awake.

“Guys, there’s someone there. It’s walking right towards us” Gerard whispered. At first, they were all too sleepy to respond, but when they made sense of what Gerard just said, they all stood up. Ray looked at where Gerard was pointing at, and so did the others.

“It’s human” Frank said as he squinted his eyes, looking at the walking figure. They all can’t see clearly since it was still too dark. The figure was solemn in walking and they can see that it was crossing its arms to the cool desert air.

“It’s a woman” Ray said. His eyes are the best among theirs. “She’s in uniform…she’s from the parade!”

“Who is it?” Mikey asked, and narrowed his eyes when no one answered him.

The walking figure came closer and closer and her face became more recognizable.

“It’s Regret” Ray said, relieved.

“Why isn’t she with Fear then?” Frank asked.

Nobody answered him. They all ran down to meet her. Regret didn’t stop walking. She smiled when she saw them recognize her.

“What happened, ‘Gret?” Frank said, nudging her in the shoulders. Regret didn’t answer but just looked at Frank with half-closed eyes. Her mask was no where to be found, her uniform was dirty, and her black hair was askew. She still crossed her arms.

“Regret, what happened?” Bob asked her. She didn’t answer again. She let down her arms to reveal a wound on her waist. She had been shot.

“They did this to you?” Frank asked outraged as he looked at HER bleeding waist. The arms she used to cover her wound were bloody. Moments later, she fell to the ground, but Frank tried to support her. The guys all came around her. No one dared to speak…they waited for her to say something.

She looked around at them and smiled one more time. She eyed Gerard.

“You were graceful in battle…” Regret softly said to Gerard. He couldn’t understand what she just said, but before he could open his mouth, she spoke.

“Fear was the first to die...” she whispered softly, “The blade scarred her and welcomed her to death. It laid on her like an untimely frost…the sweetest flower upon the field. The field…soiled with blood” her voice became slower in talking. “Just like the blade, he stains…the raven swooped down to inject a different fate in me. The raven…” she looked dreamily at the night sky as if looking for something, “the raven…had beautiful hazel eyes…”

Her voice was growing softer, weaker, and smoother. She lifted her tiny hand on her wound and opened her mouth to speak again.

“The raven was beautiful…” she said dreamily then her hand fell lifelessly on the sand.

She was dead.

They looked at her; they took in her last words carefully, and then were stricken with grief. Sorrow did not well up their eyes with tears because they were too angry to cry. Frank, who loved her most dearly, embraced her lifeless body. Ray’s fists were clenched and his knuckles were turning white. Bob was speechless and watched as Frank hugged the little body. Mikey’s eyes were glistening with tears, and he managed to wink them away. Gerard stood up. The raven was beautiful…those were Regret’s last words. The more he thought of the meaning, the more he got confused. Regret, who was so notorious for speaking like a seer, was dead, and left them last words that they thought is impossible to understand. The field was soiled with blood…many died, many were killed.

“Gerard, they’ve killed Fear and Regret…” Ray told him as if it was something Gerard was forgetting.

“They’ve killed many others. She said the field was soiled with blood” Gerard said. Mikey looked at him, his eyes were full of worry.

“Do you think they’ve killed everyone?” Mikey asked.

“Mother War…” Bob said, “Mother War! She’s not killed yet!”

“The field was soiled with blood…” Mikey corrected.

“No…Regret only mentioned Fear dying. If Mother War died, why didn’t she mention it?” Bob said. Gerard looked at him. “She should have mentioned it!”

They looked at each other. They continued looking at Regret and couldn’t believe that a brave person like her would die in such an unfair kind of death. Ray turned to Gerard.

“Gerard, do you want to die?” Ray asked rather harshly.

Everyone’s eyes shifted to Ray. Gerard was quite surprised to see that his friend was asking him such a question.

“Answer my question, Gerard!” Ray demanded.

“Yes, Ray. Because I know there’s nothing left for me to do now” Gerard replied, equaling the tone of his voice to Ray’s.

Ray shook his head. “No… we can fight back, Gerard! We can defeat them. They’re inching their way by murder. We couldn’t let anyone die because of them!” He stood up.

“Ray…”Bob tried to interrupt.

“Bob, shut up …I’m asking Gerard” he said with his eyes not leaving Gerard.

“How do we fight, Ray? How do we fight men with weapons? We don’t have anything to fight them with. And even if we do try to fight them and defeat them they will always come back. If we run and hide, they’ll catch us. If we stay here, they’ll track us. Don’t you see Ray? Whatever we do, we are still going to die in their hands. They’re still going to stain their hands with our blood. This has always been our fate. We can’t stay here forever.” Gerard said, not trying to show any signs of anger…but he was failing.

Ray looked at the ground and looked at Gerard again. “I’m sorry. I really am, Gee…I…didn’t realize what I just said. Something just makes me get angry all the time. I’m sorry”

Gerard placed his hand on Ray’s shoulder, the same way that he did when he tried to walk away on them earlier. He was worried that Ray must have been possessed with disturbia when he gets angry. He chose to be careful in his own words that might anger Ray.

The five of them thought of giving Regret a burial…but that was impossible since they were in a desert and sand doesn’t really make a good kind of soil to bury a body. So they decided to leave her body where she had died, an idea which Frank rebelled against.

“We can’t just leave her body there! Some desert animal might eat her up and-“

“Frank, we couldn’t bury her. The desert winds will only uncover her body…” Gerard tried to explain.

Frank kept quiet and didn’t bring the subject up again.

The five men kept on walking, hoping they’d see another body. Each of them kept on seeing someone walking towards them, but ended up as hallucinations. Disturbia was getting to them, which made them worry. They might die of it, and then thought it was better to die in disturbia then to be killed by “the raven”.

“What did Regret mean when she said that Gerard was graceful in battle?” Frank asked.

“Obviously, she didn’t mean Gerard of the Black Parade…” Bob said as-a-matter-of-factly.

“She meant the other Gerard…” Ray said.

“The other Gerard?”, Mikey asked.

“Yeah…the other Gerard” Ray said as if it was dangerous to be saying that.

“How’s your leg going, Bob?” Mikey asked after a long silence.

“Oh, it’s doing great. The cloth is getting soggy, though. How about your arm?”

“I can move my fingers now, but not my whole hand. I think it’s getting better”

“Where are we going now?” Ray asked.

“Are we going to find them?” Bob asked, “Before they find us?”

“We’re going to look for Mother War” Gerard said.

“You know, Gerard…she might be dead by now…” Frank said.

“I feel she isn’t” Gerard said. He looked around and hoped to see anything besides sand, sand, and more sand. He looked at the sky. It was starless. He wondered why nighttime took so long and why they weren’t sleepy. He looked ahead at where they were walking towards to. This was where Regret came from…not exactly…but they were looking for it.

If only they had a clue.





Sign up to rate and review this story