Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > Changes Are No Good

Prologue: Comedy and Tragedy

by chaoscheebs 1 review

An explosion. Two dear to Sonic presumed dead. How do you console the inconsolable?

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama - Characters: Amy Rose, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Shadow, Sonic, Other - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-03-30 - Updated: 2006-03-30 - 643 words

2Insightful
Changes Are No Good
By: Chibi
Prologue: "Comedy and Tragedy"

*

"NO! Let me go! I'll kill him! I'll kill them all!" shrieked the teenage hedgehog as he squirmed in the deceptively strong girl's arms. "They killed them! They're dead and not coming back and it's their fault!"

"He's just the messenger, Sonic!" the girl countered, "And we don't know for sure-"

"How the hell do you survive that then?!" he screamed, still resisting her grasp with everything he had. "They're strong, but no one could live through that! THEY FUCKING KILLED MY LITTLE BROTHER AND BEST FRIEND!"

Sonic suddenly found himself face to face with a handgun dangling loosely by the trigger guard on a white-gloved finger. A soft male voice said, "You want revenge? Fine. You're entitled to wreak a little havoc after this."

The girl took advantage of Sonic's pause and kicked the soft-voiced male in the leg. "Shadow! You're not helping!"

Shadow winced and lowered the gun slightly. "I'm just saying, no court in this country would convict him..." he started and was thusly rewarded with another swift kick. "It's true..." he mumbled, putting the gun in the other hand and rubbing his leg with the now-free hand.

The sound of boots against thin linoleum. The soldier the teenager had pummeled moments earlier tried to stand and salute. "Stay down," was then entering commander's simple order. The commander's eyes turned to the black hedgehog. "I take it this isn't your work for once."

Shadow smirked and mockingly saluted. "Not this time, sir. Blame the guy who's family you just-ow! Amy!"

"Stop trying to make things worse!" the girl chided with another kick. She almost fell backwards, for that was when the restrained boy's rage renewed itself.

"YOU!" Sonic yelled, trying and failing to rush the older human. "You're responsible for this! You killed them!"

The commander's face softened. "Yes, I gave the order, but they weren't-"

The boy cut him off, tears forming in his eyes. "-weren't worth giving a chance to escape first! If you had told me, given me five fucking minutes, I could've...!"

It was the commander's turn to interrupt. "You could've been killed too. And we don't know for sure yet if they are. There's still a chance,"-(Sonic snorted)-"There's still a chance that they made it out before the strike."

"There's also a chance GUN'll get something right someday, but I'm not holding my breath," Sonic grumbled bitterly. He jerked himself out of Amy's grasp, walked a few steps away, and sniffled. "If you hear anything, tell me. Until then, fuck you and your entire fucking organization." He broke into a run and left the room.

"Sonic!" Amy exclaimed before chasing after him.

Shadow watched them and sighed. "The more things change, Commander..."

The commander shook his head. "'... the more they stay the same.' I know. It was a miserable position, and I tried to do the right thing, but..."

The dark hedgehog idly put the ammunition back into his gun. "If it helps, it doesn't immediately look like he'll go down the same path I took."

"Small comfort," the human replied. Something about the firearm the hedgehog was holding looked oddly familiar... Then it hit him. "That's a GUN regulation sidearm! Where'd you get that?!"

For the briefest of moments, Shadow looked like a deer in the headlights. "... I must be going now," he said a split second before taking off after the others.

The commander reached out and chased after him, shouting, "Wait! Come back here, you thief!" He stopped only after a few steps, however. This was not the time to deal with such a matter, he decided. He found one of the seats in the room and sank into it. "God, I need a drink," he muttered.

*
End Prologue

Sonic et. al. are owned by Sega. I'm just borrowing them.
Sign up to rate and review this story