Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Aint A Fairytale, Honey

Sleep Tight

by sweet-tart 6 reviews

Gerard and Rose have an awkward dinner and a sweet parting.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] [X] - Published: 2009-05-03 - Updated: 2009-05-03 - 1200 words

2Exciting
I walked steadily down the hallway, pacing each step as close as I could, until I reached the top of the stairs. Gently, I gripped the railing and began down the length of the staircase, taking in my surroundings as I did. I never really got a good look at the place until now. The walls were a dark hardwood, a deep shade of red, and the floor, that wasn't covered by a plush white rug, were nearly the same as the walls.
I caught my foot behind my ankle at the end of the stairs and nearly tripped when a pair of hands shot out to catch me.

"Careful."

"Thanks," I blushed, looking at our entwined hands. "So... ?"

"So," smiled Gerard, leading me towards a table set up in the other room. "I thought we should have dinner." The look on my face must have surprised him, because he quickly gave me a reason, squashing my intuition. "You know, since we didn't exactly start out on the right foot."

I nodded. "Right."

The room as barely lit, with the exception of a few candles here and there, and the table was stretched out; almost as long as the room. He pulled out my seat and pushed me in before taking his seat; all the way at the other end of the table. I was afraid to ask him anything for the fear of having to yell across the room, because it seemed he was so far away.

Gerard sat quietly on his side, swipping at his napkin, and fidgiting nervously around in his chair. It wasn't until he noticed me glancing at the covered dishes that he spoke. "Are you hungry?"

I had to bite my tongue to keep from giggling at the irony in his question. After all, he did request that I be here for dinner with him. What else do you do at dinner? Well, besides sit and glance shyly at him. Instead, I nodded.

He smiled wide, showing off his frightfully intresting teeth, and uncovered one of the dishes. "I asked the cook to make this for you-- uhm... us. I asked him to make it for us, since that's what we do... we eat. So... "

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused. "Are you alright, Gerard?"

"Perfect." He flashed another one of his dazzling smiles. "Are you okay, though? You're pale. You aren't sick, are you?"

"No." I answered, stunned at his sudden intrest in my health. "I'm fine, thanks."

He sighed as he rose from his chair, dishing out what the cook had made onto our plates. We had kept up little conversation during the meal, making remarks on random things every now and then, but nothing to keep and actual conversation up. I had eaten almost everything on my plate but I noticed he didn't; he just stirred the food around with his fork. When he wasn't picking at his food, he was watching me. I don't know if he knew I could see him doing it or not, but he still did it. It was flattering, in a way; having his attention on me.

I was completely finished with my meal when he spoke again; his voice just above a whisper. "You look beautiful tonight, Rose."

I blushed again, my face turning a deep red. I didn't completely believe him, though. I was never exactly beautiful, in my opinion. "Thank you."

He laughed under his breath, shaking his head. "You don't believe me, do you?"

I stared at him, shocked and confused. "Can you... can you read my mind, or something?"

He laughed louder this time, biting his lip. "No. It's just, your eyes gave you away." He caught his breath, his face more serious. "You really are something, though. Bello quanto la luna."

I smiled, shyly hiding my face, although I had no clue what he said at the end. "Thank you, Gerard."

"Don't thank me, bella. It's just the truth." He smiled gently, the candle light illuminating his facial features. "Are you still hungry? I could ask the cook to prepare something else."

"No, no. I'm sure I'm full." I toyed with the fabric of my dress as I thought of something to say. "Thank you, Gerard. This was really nice."

He smiled. "You're welcome, Rose. Anything you need, just ask. Alright?"

"Okay."

He got up and walked to my side, kneeling down beside me. He studied my face, sighing again. "Are you sure you're well? You still look a little pale."

"I'm fine."

He nodded. "If you say so." He grabbed my hand, pulling me up to stand with him. "Tired?"

I shook my head, ready to object as he led me to the stairs, but my yawn gave me away. He chuckled as he tucked some of my hair behind my ear, leaning in towards my neck. I could hear him breathing through his nose but the sound of my pounding heart slowly drowned out everything else as it beat loudly in my ears.
I froze as he gently placed his head on my shoulder, letting his hair brush against my cheek. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, his exhale hitting my bare skin; making me shiver. The smell of his hair was intoxicating. He smelled so nice. Everything about him was inviting; his eyes, his smile, and his voice. The only thing that frightened me about him was his mood swings. He could switch moods at the drop of a hat. Happy one moment and pissed off the next. I was afraid to say anything to him, afraid I might set him off.

"Rose?"

I blinked, the sleep more apparent in my heavy eyelids. "Hmm?"

I could feel his body shake as he laughed. "Maybe you should go on up to your room. You need your rest."

I nodded, sleepily, as I headed towards the stairs. My movements becoming harder and harder as the Sandman clouded my mind with thoughts of sleep.

From behind me, I could hear Gerard talking over the drowsy buzzing noise in my ears. "Sonno stretto, bello. Possono i vostri sogni portargli i pensieri felici."


A/N - I'm so sorry. I apologize to you all. I hadn't realized that it's been more than a week since I've updated when I posted the last chapter. I got so busy, I lost track of time. I'm so sorry! I hope this makes up for it.You readers mean the world to me and I just thought I'd show you by posting twice this weekend. And can anyone guess what Gerard said? Hint hint--it's in Italian. Being half Italian comes in handy sometimes. Lol. Well, I hope you liked this chapter. And no, they don't begin being lovey-dovey after this. Honestly, I don't think they ever will, but they will get together! Just not for a while. I have a great idea for one chapter but it won't happen until later on. Hint--remember the scene in Beauty and the Beast where Belle and the Beast are playing in the snow outside? I think that's cute. ^_^ Anyways, thank you so much for reading! Please, R&R for me. I love you, readers! xoxo - Esther Rose.
Sign up to rate and review this story