Categories > Original > Drama

Learning to Believe

by bruised-and-beaton 0 reviews

Dreams do come true every now and then, all you have to do, is believe that.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-05-08 - Updated: 2009-05-08 - 352 words

0Unrated
Cameron Tylor awoke to the sun shining through her window. She smiled as the golden rays spread through the room and onto her face. It was the very last day of school, thank god! She had been waiting forever for this day to come, as did every kid in school, but for her it was different. As she had been awaiting this day ever since her teacher had given her the chance of a lifetime. The chance to open up her wings and soar.

The day she was thinking of was two weeks earlier; when Mrs. B had told her she could sponser Cameron in sending her to music camp. Mrs. B, Cameron's homeroom teacher, had take her aside one day, letting her know about a music camp in Ottawa that Cameron would be interested in. The only problem was that the camp costed $795 to go. Cameron was positive she wouldn't go. But decided to search for other camps in the area that she might be able to go to. To her dismay though, none of the other camps were as exciting as the one Mrs. B had told her about. Feeling crushed, Cameron had gone back to school with a broken heart. Mrs. B though, wasn't finished with her surprises! "Cameron, can I see you for a moment?" She had asked. Cameron felt the knot in her stomach, fearing she had done something wrong. "Every now and then," Mrs B began. "The school sends money to support students in defferent programs..."

And the rest is history... Cameron thought to herself. She would be going to Rock Star Camp where she would learn to train her voice, write songs, get her picture taken in a photo shoot and finally, get her own original song recorded. Now all she had to do was wait for July...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's short, but it's actually based on something that happened to me today. Yes I am really going to Rock Star CAmp, and yes my teacher is actually supporting me! Anyway, I've gotta go! Enjoy, and I'll keep adding chapters as I learn more.
Sign up to rate and review this story