Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Uptown World

by gossips 1 review

They’re rich and popular; they have no cares in the world. These teenagers of New York believe that they’re number one. That’s ‘cause they are. But now the drama starts. As do the lies, lov...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-16 - 2145 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer:
I don’t own any of the celebrities mentioned in this story. This is all fiction and completely made up. This is all however my work, and I own it all. Any characters that are not well known people, I own as well.

Full Summary:
They’re rich and popular; they have no cares in the world. These teenagers of New York believe that they’re number one. That’s ‘cause they are. But now the drama starts. As do the lies, love, betrayal and more. And they all love it.

******

Chapter One // Fragile Hearts

“Oh my God, you have to be kidding!” Alicia laughed as she sat in a hallway at school, alone with her expensive mobile pressed to her ear. She was waiting for her friends to arrive who were late today. She sat on a bench near the English staff room, playing with her dark hair.

“Nope.” Jamia said with a slight giggle. “He’s kinda cute, don’t you think?”

“Cute? Ugh, Jamia. I love you girl, but get some taste.”

“Alicia, he isn’t that bad.” Jamia frowned from the other end of the line; annoyed that Alicia chose to discourage her.

“Are you serious? Frank Iero? Ew. That’s all I can say.” Alicia said, still laughing.

“You haven’t even met him!” Jamia retorted, as she was making her way to school.

“Neither have you.”

“Yeah well, soon, we will. I gotta go now, see you at school.” Jamia said, as she walked through the school gates.

She saw Mikey and Gerard Way exit their limo. She gave them both a slight wave and smile and they returned the gesture. The two boys entered the school going opposite directions.

“Mhm, bye.” Alicia smiled as she ended the call. She sat there for a few minutes, overlooking her schedule a few times, trying to waste time. She heard footsteps and around the corner, she saw Mikey. He came into even closer view as she got closer.

“Hey sweetie.” Alicia started, opening her arms for a hug and getting off the bench. “How’d you know I was here?”

“Hey baby. Lucky guess?” He laughed. “Have you seen Gerard?” He asked. Alicia’s smile turned into a frown. It was always about his brother. Ever since he got over his drinking problem, Gerard was the only thing Mikey would talk about. It didn’t worry Alicia that Mikey cared about his brother, she knew that they both had a close, loving bond. But sometimes, Alicia would rather it be about her, and not Gerard.

She sighed, annoyed. “Haven’t seen him.” Alicia shrugged.

“Damn.” Mikey mumbled.

“You didn’t get the limo together this morning?”

“Nope. I did, but Gerard walked.” Mikey lied, looking over the top of the railing at the students talking and laughing. The shrilling sound over took the school, indicating that school had begun.

“Walk me too class?” Alicia offered with a sweet smile.

“Sorry, I’m gonna go find Gee. See you at lunch?” Mikey said, giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking down the stairs.

Alicia groaned out loud, completely frustrated with Mikey and how he treated her sometimes. It wasn’t always like this, and he wasn’t as bad she made him out to be to her friends. He treated her right most times, held her hand, hugged her, and kissed her. He’d always been faithful and nice to her parents.

“What was that?” She heard a voice from behind. Alicia immediately recognised it as Jamia.

“What was what, exactly?’

“/That/.” Jamia laughed. “With you and Mikey. Trouble in paradise, huh?” She raised an eyebrow.

“No, no trouble at all. Mikey’s just worried about his brother, that’s all.” Alicia said, aggravated and began to walk to class with Jamia.

“Didn’t look like it to me.”

“What would you know? You’ve never had a boyfriend. You know nothing about having a boyfriend.”

Jamia scoffed, shocked and annoyed. “I know more than you do, apparently. Seeing as I know that Gerard did get the limo with Mikey.”

“Mikey said he didn’t, Gee walked today.” Alicia replied.

“Looks like your oh, so perfect boyfriend lied to you.” Jamia said, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“He didn’t lie!” She yelled as they entered the filling up classroom. “At least my boyfriend isn’t make believe.” She smirked.

“Frank isn’t make believe, thank you very much.” She said through gritted teeth. “One hundred percent real.”

Alicia rolled her eyes as she sat in her seat. “How many times have you talked to him, hm?”

Jamia sat down next to her, getting her books out of her bag. “Today will be the first. And once we started dating, he won’t lie to me.” She grinned.

---

As the classes passed and lunch started, Alicia was determined to find Mikey and talk to him about everything that had been happening lately. She walked quickly, bumping into people and not apologising.

She saw him talking a girl with black, messy hair, who was much taller than her. Jealousy took over as they both laughed in unison. She quickened her speed, which was hard in the heels she was wearing.

“Mikey!” She yelled happily and wrapped her hands around his neck. Mikey was shocked and wasn’t expecting Alicia and her movements.

“Alicia, hey.” His hands only softly touched her waist. Alicia pulled away as he wasn’t being very affectionate towards her.

“Who’s this?” She asked, angry.

“Oh!” Mikey smiled. “How rude of me. Alicia, this is Lindsey. Lindsey, this is Alicia.” He introduced the two of them.

“I’m his girlfriend.” She added.

“Nice to meet you.” Lindsey held her hand out for her to shake it, only to have Alicia scoff, and look away.

Mikey decided to break the awkward silence. “Lindsey works at that record store I love.” Mikey said, and Lindsay nodded with a smile.

“Ew, you work there?” Alicia asked with folded arms.

“Alicia!” Mikey said. “She’s just kidding.” Mikey told Lindsey with a laugh, but Alicia shook her head.

“I better go,” Lindsey said. “Gotta go back to work.”

“Tragic.” Alicia said with sarcasm, only to have Mikey glare at her.

“I’ll see you this afternoon.” Lindsey said, walking away with a quick wave. Mikey smiled and waved back, glaring at Alicia again.

“What the hell was that?” He asked her.

“What?”

“Don’t act dumb. You were a complete bitch to her.”

Alicia’s mouth widened, shocked at the words Mikey chose to use. “I was not being a bitch.”

“Seriously, Alicia? Why do you have to be like that?”

“Why are you seeing her this afternoon?”

Mikey paused. “Why? You don’t trust me?”

“Honestly?” She questioned.

“Honestly, yes.” Mikey nodded.

“Lately I haven’t’ been.” She said quietly. “Lately, I’ve been feeling like I don’t even know you.” She told him, trying not get upset.

“Why would you think that?” Mikey asked, genuinely curious and concerned. He knew they weren’t talked as much but he didn’t know it effected her that much.

“Why wouldn’t I? You never come see me anymore, we hardly ever talk.” She rubbed her forehead. “You’ve been lying to me.”

“What?!” Mikey asked, astounded. Lying?

“Don’t sound so shocked.”

“When have I ever lied to you?”

“This morning.” She mumbled, looking up at his confused face.

“This morning?” He whispered. “What, when? I didn’t, baby. I didn’t.”

“You said Gerard didn’t come with you to school today, but he did. You needed some excuse to not be around me.”

“It’s not easy being around you.” Mikey snapped.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She questioned, her voice getting louder.

“It’s means...You’re frustrating Alicia.” He said, narrowing his eyes. “So fucking frustrating.”

“You’re not easy to be around either, you know?” Alicia said, forcefully crossing her arms over her chest.

Mikey only laughed, shaking his head. “See? This is what I mean. You make everything so difficult.”

“You didn’t even let me explain!” She said, taking a step forward. “This is what I mean. You’re so complicated. You never let me explain, it always has to be about you.”

“I don’t have time for this.” Mikey said aggravated, turning his back to her and walking away.

“Fine, leave!” She yelled. “Like always, play the same old game!” He didn’t even stop. He just kept walking and walking, not even caring that the woman who loved her had just had her heart broken once again.

Alicia let out a whimper, not caring right now who saw her upset. She had been know to keep her strength and not let anyone know her weakness. But her weakness was Mikey Way. And now everyone knew that.

---

Mikey stormed out of school. He only had one lesson of the day left, and he was never serious about school. He didn’t want to be there, anyway. He hated being kept there the entire day, it felt like a prison. Being told what to do, when to eat, when to leave. It was horrible.

He walked down the cold street, stomping his feet against the ground. His new shoes would be ruined by the end of the hour. But it didn’t matter. He was a Way, and Ways always got what they wanted. After all, his father was a wealthy man. He could afford to buy the whole city.

He saw the Lindsay standing outside the record store, balancing a box and a whole bunch of folders and papers that looked pretty official. Mikey sped up, knowing that soon Lindsey would probably drop everything in her hands. Like always, Mikey was right.

Lindsey dropped everything to floor, the box making a thud when it hit the hard pavement. The papers and folders luckily didn’t go as far as she thought, seeing as the wind has slowed down. She kneeled down and put the heavy box to the side, and began to pick up the rest.

“Need some help?” She heard a male voice say. She looked up from the ground and saw Mikey standing there, grin on his face.

“That would be nice.” She laughed. Mikey grabbed the papers furthest from Lindsay as she grabbed the ones closer to her. Mikey’s eyes were curious and quickly scanned the papers in his strong hands.

He wasn’t expecting what he saw. “Lindsey-” He started. Before he knew it she snatched them out of his hand. She stood up and opened the door to the store and tried closing it before Mikey could get it. But he was a strong boy; he moved his body closer and stopped her from shutting him out.

She shook her head and looked down, ashamed. “You weren’t meant to see them.” She said.

“Well I did, and I know that you need help.” He said, still outside in the cold. “Let me in.” Lindsay nodded and let him in, knowing that he wouldn’t just leave now.

“I’ll get the money.” She told him, walking behind the counter.

“How?” He asked, taking off his coat and placing it on top of the counter.

“I will, okay? I just will.”

“How?” He asked again.

“Why are you so worried about me?” She questioned. Mikey shrugged, he didn’t know the answer so he wouldn’t even bother trying.

“You’re gonna lose your store, Lindsey.” He said, trying to get through to her. “I don’t wait you to lose it.”

“Neither do I.” She shot back. “But we don’t all have trust funds and out own apartments, Mikey. I can’t afford $9000.”

“I’ll give you the money.” Mikey offered.

“No.” Lindsay said quickly, in a disgusted tone. “I don’t need your money.”

“Alright, my father’s money, take that.”

“No fucking way.” Lindsey shook her head.

“Jesus, what’s with you and your morals?” Mikey asked angrily.

“Get out.” She simply said. She had enough of him offering his money like it meant nothing. She hated people like that. People like Alicia. She thought Mikey was different, though. She thought he wasn’t like everyone else and that he actually cared. But she was wrong.

“Fine.” He walked to the end of the store to reach the door. “Don’t come crying to me when you have no money, though.” He said stubbornly.

“I’ll come crying to your father!” She shouted, angrily.

******

*Let me know if you guys like it so far.
This story’s gonna have lots of drama, so I hope you’ll all like it!
I’ve wanted to write a story like this for a while, so yeah.
Comments are love. (:*
Sign up to rate and review this story