Categories > Books > Harry Potter > You're my what?

Part 7

by scruffy1 38 reviews

Nymphadora gets a wand and returns to England,

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Characters: Harry,Hermione - Warnings: [?] [Y] - Published: 2009-05-17 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 4397 words - Complete

5Original
I have tried not to steal too much from anyone author but I’m not stupid enough to say I’ve taken only from JKR who owns this universe we play in. Best make that her and anyone she’s sold pieces of it to.

If you recognize something that you feel as yours I hope you treat it like we all hope she treats our writing. “Interesting but that isn’t cannon people,”


You’re my WHAT?

By Scruffy1

Part 7


Sirius arrived at the Grangers to find both girls relaxing around the house. “Where’s Harry?” he asked settling in to his favorite chair in the living room. The fact it also had a good view of the front door while his back was against a wall played no small part of this being his favorite.

“Oh he’s off doing something. He’ll be back around noon. That’s when we all go to the beach when the weather’s good like today.” Hermione said from the couch trying to keep Harry’s hobby quiet.

“So he isn’t making Gabrielle a wand?” Sirius teased looking over at the couch where the two girls were talking.

Hermione’s eyes went wide causing Sirius to add, “When you’re trying to keep something quiet it’s best to insure everyone knows to keep their mouths shut.”

The two girls exchanged looks before Gabrielle said, “Mother, she was the only one that isn’t living here that knows.”

Sirius didn’t want to get his friend in trouble but still wanted to re-assure the girls Harry’s secret was safe. “Yes, you might want to let her know. Joseph was also at the table this morning but he keeps everything secret.”

Gabrielle sighed before saying, “Some times I think he has to get permission to tell himself things. Anyway I’ll deal with that problem. Hermione why don’t you call Harry and let him know Sirius is here.”

“Okay, but I’m going to let Sirius tell him about knowing about Harry’s wand making.” Hermione announced.

“Chicken,” Sirius teased.

“Hey I’ve got to sleep with him you don’t.” Hermione countered before disappearing down the hall before Sirius could reply.

A few minutes later Harry walked into the living room taking a seat opposite Sirius. “What’s up?”

“Can’t a godfather visit his godson without a reason?”

“Of course but that would mean Hermione would be here with us. Seeing as she left us alone I take it there is something going on that she doesn’t want to be a party to.” Harry countered a smile on his face.

Sirius had to admit Harry was right. Deciding to be up front he said, “Tonks needs a new wand since she fell on hers at the Solstice Ball.”

Harry nodded then asked, “And why should I make her one? I’m sure she can visit Ollivander when she returns to England or if she needs one sooner she can visit the wand maker in Paris.”

“Might make a nice engagement present from you and the girls though.” Sirius said the marauder in him coming out.

“Who is getting engaged?” Hermione asked coming into the room just as Gabrielle returned from calling her mother.

“Nymphadora and Remus, Joseph is finding out if they can be married here seeing as how England prohibits a werewolf from marrying.” Sirius replied a smile on his face at the thought of Remus getting married. Though rather it was the pranks he could play on the two or genuine happiness at the thought no one present was sure.

“Where is she staying? I take it she’s not at the ministry.” Harry said.

Sirius smiled saying, “They’ve taken over my place. I suspect it’s going to need a good cleaning after they leave.”

“Too much information Sirius.” Harry said with a laugh before turning serious. “I don’t know if I can make her a wand. I’ve only made two and in both cases the core and wood just came to me. Arrange for us to meet and I’ll let you know.”

“There’s a great restaurant in town that Gabrielle and I have talked about trying. We could take them out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate their engagement and you could decide then.” Hermione offered.

“We’d have to cut our time on the beach short.” Harry noted trying to delay this but knowing that it was a futile move when the looks on their faces told him he was eating out tomorrow ‘Ah well might as well do this up right,’ he thought before adding, “See if both of your folks want to join us, my treat. Once you know how many call the restaurant and see if you can get us a reservation. With the crowd we’re going to have we’d better have one. Sirius it will be up to you to insure all three of you join us tomorrow night if they manage to get us in, might as well have a decent size party for our old professor.”

“Thanks love!” Gabrielle and Hermione both said taking turns giving him kisses that curled more than his toes. They then went their separate ways Gabrielle to floo her folks, Hermione to call hers.

“You know they’ll get that reservation,” Sirius commented.

“Of that I have no doubt. Between a Veela and headstrong witch the Maitre-d doesn’t stand a chance.” Harry replied a light chuckle in his voice.

An hour later Hermione informed Harry they had a reservation for twelve at eight tomorrow night at the restaurant in the Hotel Le Voilis.

The following night Harry was reflecting there was more to going out to eat than he’d ever thought. He first realized this fact earlier this day when both Hermione and Gabrielle informed him as they ate breakfast they were going dress shopping and would be back sometime in the afternoon. His initial thought of ‘great more time to work on wands’ was tempered with the mental questions ‘why did they need new dresses and why would it take most of the day to get them?’ As they dressed for dinner those questions were answered. Harry now knew new dresses also meant new shoes, handbag, and other items including those best not mentioned around their fathers. Not that he was complaining having been subject to an impromptu fashion show featuring just those items as they dressed. It was with some reluctance that Harry left for the restaurant but he went willingly having been reassured that the removal of the items after an evening out would be more enjoyable.

Joseph rose and looked around the private room they were in before gripping his wand and casting a charm that would render what was said into mush a few feet from their table. “Let me start tonight’s festivities by informing the guests of honor that I have found a way for you to marry the big drawback is you will need to become French citizens.” Holding up his hand to forestall any comments he waited for a moment then continued, “I know this would require giving up your job Ms Tonks but I have found employment for both you and your future husband.”

“I’ve been virtually unemployable since I’ve graduated from Hogwarts. What job could I possible do for you?” Remus asked.

“Not for me but for the French Ministry. More than one individual thought it was a very good idea to have a werewolf liaison that understood the problem in detail. Given you are the only werewolf to have completed all seven years of schooling, taught at a prestigious school, and authored several influential articles on werewolf relations you fit the requirements nicely.” Joseph stated bringing a look of hope to Remus’s face. Turning slightly he continued, “Ms Tonks we were hoping you might consider becoming a teacher. I know it isn’t the same as being on the front lines but we need someone who has faced the death eaters and can teach our Aurors.”

Tonks nodded towards Harry saying, “You want someone who has fought death eaters then you want Harry here. I’ve done it but not to the extent he has.”

“Nymphadora I won through sheer luck. You are the one who can teach tactics and spells. All I can say is throw every spell you know while trying not to soil yourself,” Harry replied drawing a chuckle from everyone at the table.

“I’ll need to return to England to resign as an Auror. It isn’t right to do that by owl.” Tonks said indicating she was close to accepting the idea.

Remus looked his intended in the eyes asking, “You’d give up your dream job to marry me?”

“You silly man I’m not giving up my dream job to marry you. I’m giving up my stressful job to have our children.” Tonks replied before kissing him.

The rest of the table looked away from the couple giving them a few moments of privacy. When the two finally parted Remus said, “It looks like France will have to more magical citizens soon.”

Harry didn’t say anything but both of his women knew Harry was going to craft Tonk’s new wand. For his part Harry sat watching the interplay between Tonks and the others letting his mind mull over what wand material and cores would be best for her. By the end of the meal he knew what he would use but getting the items might be a bit tricky.

The rest of the meal went fabulously. Several different bottles of wine were opened to match the various dishes. All of which were excellent. Desert was finishing when Sirius looked at Harry who nodded and before Sirius could say anything Harry spoke up, “Ms Tonks, if you would like I would enjoy crafting you a new wand.”

“You make wands?” she replied looking at his two companions who both reached into hidden pockets producing the wands Harry had crafted for them.

“They both work better than our original ones,” Hermione added.

“All right Harry I’m willing Do you need to know what my old wand was?”

“No, this will be an interesting challenge. Tell me who do you feel close to your mother or your father?” Harry asked.

Tonks thought for a moment before saying, “I always was a daddies girl.”

Harry just sat looking at her for a moment then said, “Here’s what I need. Four hairs from your head, please grow it out a bit first however. Four hairs from Remus’s tail when he’s transformed, Four hairs from your father’s head, and last four hairs from a specific black grim.” He finished looking directly at Sirius.

“Why all that hair? I thought most wand cores were single items.” Tonks asked confusion on her face.

“Most cores are. Mine however are different. If this wand turns out like I expect you will have to establish dominance quickly. Once you do it should suit you well.” Harry said.

“I hope so. It took me practically Ollivander’s entire stock before I managed to get an acceptable amount of sparks out of a wand. Then I went and broke it.” Tonks replied.

“My tail hairs shouldn’t be a problem. The full moon is in a few days.” Remus said bowing his head in embarrassment.

“I’ll owl my folks tomorrow.” Tonks stated.

“I’ll start work on the blank. That way I’ll be ready when you bring me the cores.” Harry said happy to have a new project. He’d been thinking about starting on a wand of his own but he couldn’t decide on the core or wood. Perhaps working on this wand would help him decide on his own.



~ HP&GD~



Harry was sitting at the bench in his workshop he had the hairs from, Remus, Sirius, Mr. Tonks and Ms Tonks situated before him. The wand blank had been prepared days ago after which he’d spent most of his time on the beach. The Delacour mansion was beautiful but situated away from the coast. They did have a pool for swimming but he agreed with his two women, nothing tops a nice beach on a sunny summer day for just laying back and enjoying being alive. That was especially true in Harry’s case because the beach the girls preferred was topless. Forcing his mind back on task he picked up two hairs from each of the males binding the end with one from Ms. Tonks. He’d taken to thinking of her as Ms. Tonks after receiving a rather serious threat should he continue to call her Nymphadora. He’d been inclined to ignore the threat just for the teasing value but Hermione had also heard the threat and convinced him to go with the Ms. Tonks.

The wand went together smoothly the style was the same as he’d made for both Hermione and Gabrielle the difference being the source of the hairs used. When he finished he placed a box filled with soft cotton under the clamp holding the wand allowing it to drop in the box where he covered it with more cotton before closing the box and tying it with a ribbon. He’d present it to her when they stopped by Sirius’ old place that she and Remus had taken over. His two girls were going shopping with Ms. Tonks to help her pick out a wedding dress. While He and Sirius were taking Remus out for a day of relaxation.

“Harry is that it?” Tonks squealed as he and his girls arrived at the apartment.

“Yes, but let me tell you what to do before you tear it out of my hands,” Harry said quickly moving the box out of her reach.

“It’s a wand I wave it and hope I get sparks.” Tonks said sounding annoyed that he was treating her like a first year.

“No, this wand has not been touched by a human hand and I’ve used very little magic to shape it. What you need to do is carefully pick it up. You should feel, how did you describe it Hermione?”

Hermione spoke up for the first time, “It begged me to use it. I can’t describe it any other way.”

“You said something about having to dominate it?” Tonks asked.

“It contains the hairs from three strong males. You need to be ready should you need to fight those characteristics. I didn’t get the feeling I was expecting while making it so it might not happen. It does feel like a powerful combination though.” Harry said not adding in the fact one of her father’s hairs had been too damaged to use so he’d substituted one of his own.

Tonks undid the bow and reaching in the box wrapped her fingers around the wand. She felt it call to her, this wasn’t like her old wand this one hummed with power. She was looking at it in surprise when Hermione said, “Cast “Lumos” but be ready to utter “Nox” it might be a bit bright.”

Tonks was glad for Hermione’s tip when the wand’s light flooded the apartment. “Merlin Harry you are an artist. Ollivander couldn’t match me up and here you’ve made me a perfect wand. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,” she said running over and giving him a big kiss.



~ HP&GD~



The few teachers left back in Hogwarts were having a relaxing evening when the castle suddenly shuddered and they could feel the castle’s magic searching them for something before moving on. Up in the headmaster’s office Dumbledore slumped in his ornate chair his eyes fixed on Severus Snape potions professor who’d just watched Dumbledore drink the spiked pumpkin juice he’d set before him. “Albus it pains me to inform you my master has ordered your death. I had to wait until your phoenix had a burning day and would not be able to save you. But the task he set for me has been accomplished you will be dead in moments. Poppy is in London teaching and cannot arrive in time to save you. The only consolation I can offer you is you will not be alive to watch the dark lord take his revenge on all that have opposed him. As you have always said headmaster, enjoy the next great adventure.” Snape said watching the man who’d saved him from a life in prison to die. Once he’d confirmed the death Potions Professor Snape departed Hogwarts. This day had been part of his daydreams for years and for it to be finally here was anti-climatic. He’d planned to enjoy himself with a few of the senior girls if school had been in session or failing that a few of the younger female teachers but his instructions left no loopholes, “kill the headmaster then bring his wand directly to me.”

The next morning all off England was either in morning, panicking or both. The one individual most everyone had been counting on to save them from Voldemort was gone. Due to very bad timing this was also the day Nymphadora Tonks had chosen to return to England and resign her commission as an Auror. Returning muggle style she’d taken the euro-star directly to Waterloo International station and from a convenient ladies room apparated directly into the ministry lobby. Wearing her Auror robes and carrying a change for when she turned them in Nymphadora Tonks approached the security gate. Glancing around she could see Shacklebolt who she’d trained under getting a late breakfast from the small cafeteria in the lobby along with several other auror co-workers and a few in the grey robes of the unspeakables. ‘Must have been an interesting meeting first thing this morning,’ Tonks thought to herself.

“Hey Tonks, we’ve missed you around here.” the security guard said as she approached.

“I’ve missed being here. The French were good hosts though.”

“I take it you heard the Headmaster passed away.”

“No what happened?” Tonks asked in shock.

“Word is old age but the brass are in a bit of a tizzy about it.”

Tonks didn’t know how she felt about it he was a great man but as that thought passed through her mind she remembered all the memory modifications he’d made to her and others. Deciding perhaps it wasn’t necessarily a bad thing he’d passed away she asked, “So what else has been going on?” trying to get off the Dumbledore topic.

The guard shrugged saying, “We had an interesting outing the other day. Some woman out by Little Hangleton found a big snake eating her pets. Somehow we got called in and Jones got frustrated trying to control the snake and hit it with a severing curse in the side. Damn thing blew up showering all of us with snake guts and skin. Jones just smiled and took a patch of skin to make into a wand holster.”

“Guess we’ll have to start hiding snakes around the locker room.” Tonks replied instinctively before remembering why she was there today.

Suddenly there was a great sense of evil in the room Seeing the people looking her way drop their food trays and grab their wands Tonks reached for the maple wand Harry made her while dropping in to a crouch as she spun to face behind her.

It was pure training that saved her from the green light that passed through the area where she’d been. She quickly rolled to the side firing at the group that had arrived via Portkey behind her. All fighting stopped when a voice that seemed to come from every corner of the lobby called out, “Drop your wands and cease your resistance. I have come with my loyal Death Eaters to take over the ministry from those who are attempting to renounce the old ways and move our world in to the muggle one. Those who don’t want to fight please move to the sidewalls and stay out of our way I don’t wish to kill any who do not oppose me. For those who oppose me today will die.” There was an additional few moments as most of the civilians rushed to the sides of the hall leaving the two opposing forces. “I had hoped more of you had the sense to avoid this.” Voldemort said raising his wand and casting the killing curse into the middle of the ministry’s defenders.

The thought to join those on the sidelines had passed through Nymphadora’s mind but she’d taken a vow and besides she just didn’t like the guy’s politics. As she started casting spells at the attacking Death Eaters knowing she’d never see Remus again was her only regret.

The ministry defenders were casting a variety of spells at the attackers who were returning with mostly the killing curse. Seeing what was happening Shacklebolt called out, “Forget the stunners your fighting for your lives here people!”

Tonks sensed the tide was going against them so she switched to using Reducto blasting everyone before her. She cursed as the death eater she’d been aiming at dove to the side allowing her curse to pass by. The explosion and unholy scream that followed had everyone’s attention. Several death eaters fell as they turned to see Lord Voldemort standing there with a gaping hole in his chest dark blood pouring out. Nearby death eaters fell as Voldemort took their magic to heal his body seeing the wound start to close the fighting re-started most of the defenders attempting to fire at Voldemort, Tonks among them. Voldemort took several more hits but it seemed one defender’s spells were causing all the damage. Before he could muster his followers to concentrate their spell fire on that individual blood loss brought him close to dieing. Suddenly Voldemort’s followers closest to him started dropping like birds who’d flown in to a dragon’s path. Then the circle of fallen death eaters spread outward until all of the ones fighting were down. Suddenly screams came from the sidewalls as a few individuals over there fell. The defenders were making their way through the ranks of the attackers calling out the condition of the attacker they were examining. The repetition of “This one’s alive but I don’t detect any magical signature” by all of the defenders caused more than one of the witnesses to lose what remained of their breakfast.

Madam Bones made her way forward to find the individual calling himself Lord Voldemort was still trying to recover. She raised her wand then lowered it unused when the last sign of life left the body in front of her. Seeing a wand on the floor she incinerated it calling out, “gather up all wands you find. And check everyone carefully this group is known to have multiple wands on their person. When you’re done we’ll identify everyone and put magic suppression bracelets on them. Once that’s done and only after that is done are they going to St. Mungo's Hospital. I want all the people that are down on one ward with round the clock guards on them. If any one of them so much as starts to get out of their bed stun them.”

Tonks made her way over to Madam Bones. Passing her a badge and id card Tonks said, “This was my last battle as an Auror, I’ve got to get out of here. I’ve got a change of clothes somewhere, If it’s okay with you I’ll leave my robes with the security guard.”

Madam Bones looked around then took in the condition of the young woman in front of her nodding she said, “There’s enough of us here to clean up. Go home I’ll put you on medical for a month. If you change your mind in the next month or so let me know.”

“Thanks, but I won’t be back,” Tonks said taking her leave.

Tonks got off the train from England to Paris where everyone met her the Grangers and Potters having made the four hour trip via TGV from Adge.

Running down the platform she jumped into Remus’s arms kissing him while trying to hold him tighter.

“Whoa, what’s the matter Dora? Did you have problems quitting?” Remus asked when his mouth was unattached for a moment.

“I was in a big fight at the ministry. Voldemort and all his death eaters attacked while I was there. Voldemort is dead and they couldn’t find any magical signatures on his followers even the dark mark was gone,” Dora said before reattaching her lips to Remus’s.

“What?” Everyone around them exclaimed.

“I don’t know what was going on. I was told Dumbledore was killed the day before I arrived. The next day as I arrived Voldemort and his death eaters attacked the ministry.” Tonks said holding on to Remus for dear life.

Harry looked from Tonks to his two women asking, “Who’s first?”

Hermione was the first to realize what he meant her face going pale. Gabrielle was only moments behind her.

“What do you me who’s first? And why the long face Hermione isn’t Voldemort dieing good news?” Margaret asked looking at her daughter.

“Voldemort dieing is very good news, But Harry promised not to try and get us pregnant until after Voldemort was dead.” Hermione replied looking at her mother whose face was slowly revealing her understanding.

“And we promised Harry to get pregnant after Voldemort’s death,” Gabrielle added in a soft voice as everyone looked at Harry who had a classic shit eating grin while wiggling his eyebrows.

The End.

A/N

I know this is abrupt but there is a sequel in the planning stages but given my speed it may take a while. Until then I hope you enjoyed this little story.
Sign up to rate and review this story