Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses > Broken Wings

Pregnancy

by ILuvTracii 0 reviews

In which Vanessa learns a shocking truth . . .

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-06-01 - Updated: 2009-06-02 - 1531 words - Complete

0Unrated
*Rated R for language
Sorry I haven't updated in a long time, I've been really busy and not-to-mention my computer crashed as well. Thank you all though for your reveiws and comments, they've been a big help and a major motivator despite everything. Keep 'em comin'!

A couple of weeks later, Vanessa awoke to nausea and the strong urge to vomit. Axl was very worried and suggested that they send for a doctor but she shook her head as she slowly wiped her wad of tissue over her wet lips. “Axl . . . I missed my period.” She told him quietly and the color immediately drained from his face.
“By how many days did you miss it exactly?”
“Twelve . . .” she said, almost immediately breaking into sobs.
“Oh baby don’t worry,” he said soothingly as he walked over to her and hugged her.
“Axl what am I going to do? If I go home pregnant, Tommy will immediately suspect something.” She sobbed.
“We’ll find a way to work it out, I promise,” He told her.
“That will be the ultimate slap in the face for him. Me being pregnant with my ex. husband’s baby. Think about the tabloids! He would figure it out eventually by the tabloids alone!”
Or it could be Duff’s however you see it . . . she thought with a snort.
“If it comes to that, then I’ll take the whole blame,” He told her.
“Axl please no! It’s partially my blame too. I willingly had the affair with you to begin with!” She said.
“If he figures out, and I won’t tell him who the father is, he’ll naturally assume it was you, Duff, Steven or Izzy. He won’t suspect Slash because he’s my brother.”
“So basically we’re screwed.”
“Basically . . .” She agreed quietly, nodding her head. He sighed and looked away before looking back at her.
“We . . . we should go meet the guys downstairs,” he said quietly and she nodded as they both dressed and went downstairs to go meet the guys for breakfast.

The air on the tour bus was growing increasingly uncomfortable for all of them as the tour progressed. They didn’t know why Axl and Vanessa almost never said a word to each other or them for that matter; but Slash expected it first. He drew Vanessa to one side for a few minutes one day,
“Vanessa tell me the truth . . . are you pregnant?”
“Oh shit, how did you find out?! But yes . . . yes I am. But you can’t tell anyone Slash! No one! Not even Izzy or Steven or-or Duff for that matter, or any one! Sheri doesn’t even know yet!” She told him and he nodded as put his hands gently on her shoulders.
“I know, I know, I know. I won’t tell honey, because I have a great respect for both you and Axl. Vanessa you’re my sister for Christ’s sake, I love you and I would never betray your trust,” He told her quietly and she calmed down a little.
“We don’t know what we’re going to do though!” She moaned and Slash grinned and laughed a little.
“Oh that’s an easy one. Go home, have sex with your husband and then claim the baby is his.”
“But what if it looks nothing like him! It won’t, I know it won’t! You know it won’t either. It’ll look just like me and Axl.” She said. Or a certain blonde haired musician . . . She thought, suddenly mentally kicking herself for not making Duff wear a condom all those times she snuck to him in the middle of the night.
“Give it up for adoption or something. Have a fucking abortion like you did last time.” He told her. “It’ll be easy, we can stop by a health center on the way home. Axl doesn’t have to necessarily know. All you have to tell is that your going just to be sure,” She shook her head.
“I can’t. I can’t do that again to Axl without discussing it with him first. It’ll tear him apart and you know it!” She said weakly. “Slash tell me truth, please. Tell me that I’m screwed aren’t I? I can trust you. I know that you’ll tell me the truth, no matter how much I don’t want to hear it,” She said. “God is punishing me. H-he . . . I’m scared shitless Slash, I don’t know what to do! Part of me wants to keep the baby, part of me doesn’t.”
“If your that worried, just discuss the whole thing with Axl first. You two decide what you guys want to do as a couple,” He told her and she hugged him. “That’s the best advice that I can give you at this early stage in the game right now sis,”
“Thank you Slash for having a shoulder for me to cry on, and lending me an ear.” She told him as she hugged him.
“No problem, Hell, what are awesome big brothers like me for?”

Axl and Vanessa had not yet discussed the problem and they didn’t want to. Vanessa was about to take Slash’s advice and get an abortion without asking Axl if it was okay; but whenever she would bring it up, he would heave a heavy sigh and readily change the subject. It was like he tried to push her pregnancy out of his mind to the verge that he didn’t want the baby at all.
This shredded her heart into a million pieces so bad that she was finding herself turning to Slash, Duff and Sheri more for advice and comfort than ever before. When she told Slash about Axl, he would always laugh and say that Axl’s was just like a little kid. This was just one of his little phases and that he’ll break out of it eventually. Sheri said the exact same thing, only with fewer words and worded differently. Duff was just Duff. He was a shoulder to cry on, but he didn’t know about the pregnancy and she wouldn’t tell him what was wrong, and he didn’t push the issue. Just being in Vanessa’s spotlight, no matter for how long; made it bearable.
But not even Slash could deny Axl’s behavior toward her. He wouldn’t even be in the same room with her anymore. They wouldn’t even share a bed anymore, she had to bunk with Duff who seemed like the only one that would allow her to bunk with him, albeit sweet, king Izzy, but Izzy had his girlfriend with him; and she couldn’t. When they were talking about her in converstion, he would always say ‘she’ instead of her name. She even confronted him one day, but that didn’t go well at all,
“Axl, you’ve been ignoring me why?” She asked him, walking into the bedroom and he put on that grin that always made her melt into a puddle at his feet.
“I’m not ignoring you baby.”
“Baby, baby, baby, oh cut the fucking chicken-shit, you don’t want this baby!”
“Well then get a fucking abortion! I don’t give a fucking damn!” He told her angrily.
“Why must you always be such an asshole when there’s a problem you don’t want to face?!” She demanded him, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion and crossing her arms in front of her chest.
“I’m being an Asshole? You’re the one flaunting around this whole damn thing, telling people you’re pregnant! Well I’ve got news for you sweetheart, I don’t want this baby any more than I want to marry you, so you mine-as-well go back to Duff!” He said and she recoiled from his harsh words, looking greatly insulted. “Oh shit . . .” he whispered realizing what he just said, horror creeping into his eyes and onto his face. She looked away, tears brimming in her eyes as she covered her mouth with one hand. “Jesus Christ Baby I-I didn’t mean that. You know I didn’t mean that.” He told her, his voice heavy and his breathing shallow.
“Obviously you did because you clearly meant it.” she choked out, glaring at him angrily.
“Baby t-think about it, please! It was the temper talking not me! You know I want this baby! You know we both want this baby more than anything in the world!” He told her, trying to put his hand on her back, but she jerked roughly away from him.
“You know, right now I’m going to quote Bob Seger to you. Once a man is in a woman’s heart he has to keep his head and his temper . . . and apparently you lost both at the same time,” She told him quietly before she turned on her heels and stormed out of the room.
“Fuck what have I just lost?” He asked as he plopped on the side of the bed and buried his face in his hands.
Sign up to rate and review this story