Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Everyone Loves An Underdog

The Music Or The Misery

by falloutboyrox728 4 reviews

Lot's of things going on this chapter... hard to summarize... oh, just read it already.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2009-06-03 - Updated: 2009-06-03 - 4094 words

1Moving
Chapter 7-

I stayed over at Pete's house later than I should have. We didn't do anything (unfortunately)... just kissing and cuddling. Pete said that he needed to make up for not being at school... and boy, did he. So, I didn't end up getting home until 1:00am. Which is... well, way past my curfew.

When I walked through the front door, all the lights were out and the house was silent. I sighed with relief and proceeded to go upstairs. But then someone behind me said my name and I spun around, holding my breath as my heart pounded rapidly. It wasn't the serial killer that I was hoping for; It was much worse than that. It was none other than my mother, arms crossed and sitting on the couch. And I swear, her stare could melt steel.

“Are you aware that it's 1:00?” She asked me. She then pointed to the love seat. I dragged my feet over to the the seat and sat down. “Well?”

I nodded, keeping my eyes on my shoes, hands, the floor... anywhere but her burning eyes. I could tell that she was relieved. Relieved that I was safe, I assumed. But nothing could distract her from the rage and disappointment that she felt... and it was all caused by me.

“Where were you, Patrick? At that... boy's house?” She spat. My heart turned into ice.

“That boy has a name, and yes, I was at Pete's house.” I started to get irritated quickly, clenching my fists and gritting my teeth. I didn't like the way she talked about Pete. Not at all.

She rolled her eyes. “Like I care about what his name is. What I do care about is why you were over there so late and what you were doing.”

I kept my fists at my sides and bit my lip to keep from screaming at her. I wanted to do something horrible to her... something I knew I'd regret. I felt sudden guilt surge through me and I tried my best to calm myself, taking deep breaths. But just enough not to follow through with my initial plan. “I'm sorry I missed curfew. We were just talking and then I fell asleep. No big deal. But what I do with Pete is none of your business.”

“Oh, it is too my business, young man. I'm the one who raised you, the one that took care of you even when your father walked out on us. I think I have some Goddamn say of what my children do or don't do!” She yelled out. It was the first time I'd ever heard her say 'Goddamn' before, and it really shocked me that she did. My mother was a fairly religious woman. She'd freak if she found out I was an atheist. Then she'd really think I was the spawn of Satan.

“Mom, honestly, would you do this if I were at a girl's house? Would you even care what I was doing over there?” This question took her off guard. I could tell by the way she was struggling with her words, twisting her ring (the wedding ring from my father that she never took off) around her slim finger.

“Well, I, uh, of course would care what you were doing. But that's not the point. You aren't with a woman, Patrick, when you should be! You're a handsome man, you don't have to be gay to find a companion!”

I shook my head. “Mom, you just don't get it, do you? First of all, I have decided that I am bisexual. Because, I do like both women and men. Secondly, I'm not dating a man because that's all I can get. I'm dating Pete because I love him and he cares about me.”

She tilted her head towards the ceiling. “Oh, God! Now you're saying you love the boy? A man and a man cannot love each other in that way, Patrick!”

I stared at her in disbelief. Without saying a word, I got up and walked towards the front door. She watched with tear filled eyes as I wrenched it open. Before shutting the door, I looked her dead in the eye. “Then why does he love me back?” And that's when I pulled it completely shut.

~ ~ ~

I didn't know where to go. Not too many places you can go with no car and only twenty dollars in your pocket. And after walking around aimlessly for about an hour, I finally decided to go to the only place I knew I could be alone.

~ ~ ~

Looking out at the view brought back memories. Good ones, fortunately. Like, remembering our first kiss, the way he held me closely as his lips caressed mine. The way his big brown eyes shined in the moonlight when his soft warm hands gripped the back of my shirt. But I knew I couldn't stay here forever. I needed a roof over my head. I took out my phone and called the one person I could trust.

“Hello?” He said groggily. Oops. I woke him up.

“Hey, Pete.” I said. I couldn't say anymore without crying. I bit my lip, biting back the tears.

He perked up a little when he realized it was me. "Hey, what's up? Everything okay?"

I shook my head as I spoke. I couldn't help but let the tears drip down my cheeks. "No, it's not okay. I just got into this HUGE fight with my mom... and now, I have no place to stay, I have no car, I have no money... I don't have anything. I don't know what to do, Pete, I really don't." I said, freaking out even more each word I spoke. My silent tears turned into whimpering and choking.

"Patrick, calm down for me, okay? Everything will be fine. Can you tell me where you are?"

I couldn't speak. My throat had closed shut and my mouth dried out completely. The only thing I could move was my hands and without thinking, I pulled the phone from my ear and closed it shut. After I put my phone back in my pocket, I buried my face in my hands and cried until I had used up all the tears I had. Dry sobs escaped my mouth, my whole body shaking. I was thankful that I was alone. I didn't want anyone to see me like this. Broken, like a shattered vase.

My head lifted up when I heard a car come up behind me. I cursed under my breath, wondering why of all nights that someone had to be here. I felt someone sit next to me and put their arm around me. Turning my head, I saw that it was Pete, his eyes tired and concerned.

“I figured you'd be here.” He said, squeezing my shoulders. I started to whimper again, though I tried to hold it back. Pete wrapped his arms around my torso, resting his chin on my shoulder.
He felt warm against my cold skin. It was about time I started wearing a jacket.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke again. “Look, my mom... she'll understand. She'll let you stay with us. You don't need to worry. No matter what, Patrick, I will always be there for you. I will always take care of you.” His lips brushed against my cheek and I shivered.

“Do you mean it?”

“Of course. You will always be safe with me, Patrick, trust me on that. I wouldn't let anything bad happen to someone so special to me.”

I felt his lips on my skin again, and I knew I could trust him. The way he held me gingerly, like the easily broken person I was, I felt safe. The safest I'd ever felt.

~ ~ ~

When we arrived at Pete's house, his mother welcomed me with open arms. I guess she had already went over to my house and packed up all of my stuff. When I asked what my mom's reaction was, she sighed, shaking her head. “You might not want to hear this, but...” She swallowed, wiping at a tear that was slipping down her cheek. “her exact words were 'Just pack up his shit and leave.'”

Though my mother's words stung, I shrugged it off. Nothing out of the ordinary, I thought. “Whatever. I had a feeling that she'd say something like that. Thanks for picking up my stuff, though. And for letting me stay in your home.”

She pulled me into a hug. “You're welcome, dear.” I stood there rigidly before I relaxed in her arms and hugged her back.

Finally, a real mom hug.

Pete tugged on my hand and led me upstairs to his bedroom. He closed the door behind us and grinned. “I'm sure my mom wouldn't mind if you slept in my room. Someone has to protect you.”

I fell back on his king sized mattress and sighed, rubbing the fabric against my cheek. The sheets had to at least be 800 thread count, if not more. “I could definitely get used to this.”

Pete fell beside me, curling up next to my still cold body. “And I could get used to this.” He cupped my face with his hands gently and kissed my lips. The kiss was soft, but it still electrified me from my toes to my finger tips. My breathing turned into gasping for air when his plump lips attached to my neck and his hand somehow ended up stroking my crotch.

Pulling myself back into focus enough to speak, I half heartedly pushed his hand away. “No, Pete, your mom is downstairs.” I whispered.

His body weight shifted on top of me and his lips found mine. After a few minutes, I tried to push him away again, turning my head to the side. He smiled comically at my discomfort. “I'm sure she won't mind, Patrick. She understands.” And he pushed my head back to face him so he could kiss me again, and this time, I didn't resist. I knew fighting would be pointless and hell, everything felt so good. Pete knew his way around a man and he did it well. Who was I to object?

His kisses covered my neck and cheeks. I heard him whisper the words 'I love you' as he nibbled on my right ear. I responded back by taking his hand in mine and squeezing it, not wanting to ruin the beautiful silence that we had.

As Pete lifted up the hem of my shirt to place sweet kisses on my stomach, my mind went back to my mother. And I thought about what she'd think if she saw me... us. Suddenly, Pete's warm touch felt like razor blades cutting across my skin and I pushed him off of me, turning so my back faced him.

“What's wrong?” He asked, confusion in his voice. I couldn't answer him. But I didn't need to, because he wrapped his arms around me immediately when he saw my body shaking. He kissed the tears on my cheeks.

He held onto my tightly as I laid limp in his arms. “It's okay, Patrick, everything will be fine.” He said into my hair.

“No, it won't, Pete. My own mother kicked me out of the house. Nothing will ever be fine.”

Pete buried his face in my hair as I let more tears fall. I was surprised that I had any left. As I cried, more words fell from my lips, ones filled with pain, anger, and misery. Pete didn't try to interrupt me. He didn't try to tell me that I was wrong. And he no longer tried to tell me that everything would be fine. He did something better than that. He listened. Never in my life had anyone actually just listened to me without telling me I was wrong.

After I was finished talking, and my tears and seemed to dry up, Pete finally spoke, his voice gravelly like he had been crying with me. “Hey, look at me.”

I obeyed him, shifting my body so we were face to face. I looked into his eyes and I was right. He had been crying, his eyes red and swollen, though I wasn't sure why. He cleared his throat, and took off my hat to run his fingers through my hair. “I love your hair. It's always so light and soft. Like a baby's.”

I looked down, smiling. He continued on, still running his fingers absently through my hair. “And god, your smile. It's beautiful.”

My smile widened, and I bit my lip to keep me from full out grinning. “God, Patrick, you are so motherfucking gorgeous,” He breathed, moving his thumb over my cheek. I didn't say anything, because I knew Pete didn't expect me to.

He lifted up my chin with one finger, and smiled when I looked into his eyes. “Hey,” he said in a throaty whisper. Oh, god, if only he knew what his smile did to me.

He was tired; I could definitely tell. But he continued to massage my scalp, scratching lightly occasionally. It felt wonderful.

“Hi,” I responded. My voice was weak from the crying, I could barely even get that one word out. Pete saved me from talking anymore, kissing me gently on the lips. I lifted up my fingers to his hair, my hand trembling for no particular reason.

I got hard almost immediately, but he didn't. I started to wonder if I was doing something wrong until I realized that all he wanted to do was kiss me. I untensed, finally relaxing in his arms. Ten minutes later, Pete's kisses started to get loose and sloppy. He pulled away, yawning, then resumed to half heartedly kiss me. Though I wasn't tired, I knew he had a long day. “Pete, you need sleep. I'll be fine.”

“No, I'm not tired,” he yawned, then kissed me again. I shook my head, turning it to the side so our lips wouldn't meet.

“Seriously, I'll be fine. And I know you're tired. I'm going to sleep, too,” I lied.

He rubbed his eyes, yawning once more. “Okay, but only because you're tired.”

I kissed him firmly on the lips before he rolled on his back and I laid my head on his warm chest. “Good night, Pete.”

He wrapped his arm around me loosely, his fingers curling around my shoulder. “Good night, Patrick.” And it didn't take long before I heard snores leaving his lips.

~ ~ ~

I couldn't sleep, despite the heaviness I felt in my eyelids and my body. It seemed like no matter what I did, nothing could shut my mind down. Oh, how I wanted it to, though. My mind drifted back to my mom... I wasn't sure if I missed her or not. Odds are, she probably didn't miss me, considering how she reacted to my stuff being removed from the house. I bit my lip to keep from crying again.

I tried my best to focus on Pete, his bare chest rising and falling, and mouth slightly open. I pressed my ear against his chest to hear his heart beat. I tried to synchronize my breathing with it... to try to feel at one with him. His chest felt fiery hot against my cheek, but it the warmness didn't bother me.

My fingers trailed down his body and back up again, humming as I did so. They landed on his lips and I felt Pete stir underneath me. He applied pressure to my finger tips and wrapped his hand around mine.

“I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you,” I said, fingers still on his lips. His eyelids fluttered open and his heavenly lips parted to speak.

“It's okay, Patrick,” he said groggily, rubbing my bare shoulder. “You know, I can stay up with you if you need me to.” His offer touched me, it really did. Fuck, he is so caring, something I had never truly experienced in sixteen years I've been alive.

I shook my head, and kissed his half closed eyelids. “No, babe, it's okay. You just sleep... you definitely deserve it.” I laid my head down back on his shoulder, closing my eyes. “Who knows, I might sleep, too.”

“Well, I hope you do... we have school tomorrow.”

I slid my hand over my face, groaning as I did so. “Shit, I forgot about school.”

The last thing I needed was more harsh stares and cruel comments from our classmates. I was barely holding up as it is.

“Well, it's a Friday, so after tomorrow, we'll have the whole weekend to ourselves. And I'll make sure it's a great one.” He kissed the top of my head, sticking his nose in my hair and breathing in. “Your hair always smells like mint and strawberries.”

A small smile formed on my face. I loved how his attention span was of a seven year old. “I use two shampoos. The mint one is mine and the strawberry one is...” I choked on the last word, trying not to cry yet again. “my mother's.”

Pete's arm wrapped tighter around me, pressing my face deeper into his warm chest. “I'm sorry.”

His heart thudded into my ears and I could hear him breathing softly underneath me. He continued to mumble comforting words as he absently stroked my hair. I couldn't speak. Fuck, I couldn't even think. My mind remained blank and Pete's words were nothing but a roaring in my ear. The only thing that worked were my eyes, and they fixated on Pete's dirty jeans that were lying on the floor. For some reason, I longed to touch them, but instead, I kept it on Pete's hip, rubbing the material of his boxers between my forefinger and my thumb.

He placed another kiss on me, this time on my forehead, as he patted my shoulder and whispered my name. I jolted into focus and realized that my loose hold on his boxers turned into a full on death grip and my breathing was fast and shallow. I slowly let go of the material in my hand, slowing down my breathing. I swallowed hard, reaching my hand up to gently cup his face. “I'm sorry. I don't... I don't know what came over me.”

“It's okay, you've been through a lot today,” he breathed, letting go of my shoulders briefly to rub at his eyes.

A few minutes passed before I spoke again. “Hey, Pete?”

“Yeah?”

“Will you... will you buy me some strawberry shampoo after school?”

He laughed, kissing my head and taking another deep breath. “Sure. I would miss smelling strawberries after a while.”

I smiled into his chest and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over me.

~ ~ ~

It felt strange to be in school, having to walk the halls like nothing happened last night. Pete could tell I was uncomfortable and kept me close to his side as much as possible. God, how I love that man.

When lunch time came around and Pete and I walked to our usual table, Sunshine was sitting there, hands clasped in front of her at the table and a blank expression on her face. When she spotted us, her lips curled up in a smile as she stood up to come greet us.

“So, you must be Peter. It's a pleasure to meet you,” she said, giving Pete a big and somewhat long hug. I can't describe the shocked look on Pete's face as he slowly brought his arms up wrap around her small frame.

When they parted, he ran his fingers through his hair and the other hand held onto mine. “So, you're Sunshine?”

She nodded, taking a seat at the table. “That would be me. I'm assuming Patrick told you about me?”

He laughed nervously, and sat down at the seat opposite of her. I followed suit, taking a seat next to Pete. “Yeah, I did.”

“I just didn't believe him.”

“Well, I find it hard to believe that you guys don't have more friends! You boys both seem to be very charming and very sweet. Plus, you guys make such a cute couple.” She reached down into her backpack and pulled out a plastic bag filled with cookies, brownies, and other treats. “I baked these for you. Hope you don't mind me giving you guys gifts.”

I reached into the bag and pulled out a chocolate chip cookie, taking a bite. It was soft and very good, with the right amount of chocolate. “Mmm, these are really good. Thank you for baking all of this, you didn't have to.”

“Oh, it's no problem, really. I bake all the time and I really wanted to make a good impression on Mr. Wentz.”

Pete took another bite of the brownie he got from the bag. “Well, you certainly did. These are delicious!” he said, his mouth still full.

Just as Sunshine was about to speak, one of Pete's old friends, Tyler stopped by the table. He was a good three inches taller than Pete and about four inches taller than me, not to mention the fact that his biceps were almost as big as my thigh. I always tried to avoid him as much as I could, but sometimes it's hard when he shoves me into the locker, hands gripping my shirt and spitting out words of hate into my face. He grabbed Sunshine's bag of treats and shoved his hand into the bag, grabbing a cookie. He took a bite, swallowing almost the whole cookie. “Hey, why are you wasting those delicious cookies on these fags? I'll just take the whole bag, if you don't mind,” he said, and started to walk away.

Sunshine showed me a whole different side to her that day. She grabbed Tyler by the shoulder and spun him around, getting as close to his face as she could. “Give me back those cookies... and leave those boys alone. Now.”

Tyler just laughed, eating one of her brownies. “Oh, yeah, hippie bitch? You want me to leave them alone? Two words; Not gonna happen.”

“First of all, dumb ass, that's three words, and secondly, you will leave them alone or you'll have to go through me,” she seethed, clenching her fists as she breathed into this face.

He shrugged, starting to walk away again. “Whatever, go burn some incense and smoke pot, or whatever.”

Sunshine grabbed his shoulder again, but this time, she didn't speak words. This time, she pulled back her fist and punched him square in the nose, sending him sprawling backwards. She then kicked him in the groin area, causing him to fall down on the floor, clenching the area. “You stupid bitch!” he yelled out.

She kicked at his sides until the school's policemen became aware of the fight and grabbed her by her arms. They struggled to keep her under control as she continued to kick, screaming, “Let me finish him!”

As they hauled her away, I caught her eye. They were apologetic as she mouthed the words I'm sorry before they got her inside the office.

Pete still clutched onto my hand as he stared at the office, mouth still agape. “I can't believe she did that,” he said, finally snapping into focus. He led me to the table where we sat side by side once more. It felt empty without Sunshine there... I was just starting to enjoy her company.

“I can't believe it either. Who knew that someone would actually fight for us.” I couldn't stop the smile that spread like wildfire across my face – just thinking about how she beat the shit out of Tyler just tickled me. I never knew such a small girl could take down such a big man.

Pete finally relaxed his hold on my hand, a smile starting to form on his face as well. “I know... it's crazy. Thank you for befriending her.” He caught my lips briefly, but this time, my skin didn't ignite nor did I tremble and sweat. For once, I didn't care that anyone was watching... I didn't care what anyone thought about our intimate embrace. The only thing I thought about was Pete and how sweet he tasted. I had to keep myself from getting another taste.

“Don't thank me, thank her. Well, after they let her back in school.”

He laughed, flashing his blindingly beautiful smile. “I have a feeling that she'll come in handy this year.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rate and review please! More reviews = More chapters.
Sign up to rate and review this story