Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Helena

by OneLetterShortOfHero 5 reviews

This is a songfiction based off the video "Helena". Bring your tissues, Kiddies!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-06-03 - Updated: 2009-07-16 - 784 words - Complete

4Moving
Okay guys. As you know, the video for Helena was in memory of Mikey and Gerard's grandmother, Elena Lee Rush. I decided I would try to make this fanfic based off of the video, HELENA. I'm going to try to make it as special. It's in Gerard's POV.

I was very close to my Grandma. So when my family asked me to speak in her funeral, of course I accepted. What should I say? I was so nervous. I loved my grandma so much, I just couldn't think of words good enough to say about her. So here I was on the day of the funeral, without anything to say, waiting for my turn to begin. The rain outside drumming on the windowpane seemed to make my heart beat faster, as I watched my brother walk down the aisle with the small smoke chamber to bless my grandma, the deceased.
The deceased. The word seemed so stale on my toungue. It was heartbreaking to think that, that's what she was. Dead, gone, lifeless. Stale didn't even begin to describe the word.
"Son." The preacher was reffering to me. My heart was obliterating my chest. I stood up, and slowly made my way to the alter.
I looked down at my mom. She gave me a sad, reassuring look as I took a step up to the podium. I looked around in the pews, trying to locate family that I knew.
I took A deep breath, and started....
"When we drove up here today and I saw that hearse, it really hit me. My grandmother is gone. She's far away from us now. And I know that she affected every single one of these people here today. Losing her is like. Well, it's... It's like the burning of city. She came into our lives, we loved her. Her charm, her ability to make beautiful music, and her tenderness. We loved it all. She was a special woman, she taught me everything I know. Now that she's gone, it's like the big, beautiful city was burned to the ground. I know I speak for all of us when I say that we're strickin with grief. I know she's watching over us all at this very moment. I know that every heart in this room is broken, and we all feel like something of great value was ripped from our reach..." tears started to flow down my cheeks "...but I know that she wants us to hold on tight. Hold on to her forever."
I took a deep breath.
"I remember a time when my brother, Mikey, my grandma, and I all laid out one night when we were younger, and watched the stars fall. Nana cried, because it was beautiful to her. Mikey was young, and didn't understand. He thought the sky was falling..." I stiffled a chuckle, and people started lauhghing. I looked down at my brother. His face was either red from embarrasment, anger, or from crying so hard. I couldn't tell which. "She was always that way. Everything, in her eyes, was beautiful." I continued. "Still, both mine, and my brother's broken hearts will still hold on tight. Tight to her forever. We'll all carry on this way without her, won't we? Just for my grandma, we will view everything differently. Beautifully." I was sobbing at this point, and barely getting my words out.
"So, Nana, if you can hear me, if you're near me, can we just pretend to leave.. and then we'll meet again one day?" At that moment, I bowed my head, and started crying uncontrollably, and I could almost feel my Nana, out in the aisle dancing around, and smiling and laughing just like she always did. I looked up. All the faces I saw were red and tear streaked.
"I love you so much, and I promise to be a good boy for you. We all will carry on the way you did, and the way you wanted us to. So I say, so long, and good night." I went to my parents and sat down, unable to hold it back. I was crying like a baby in my mother's arms, along with my baby brother, but neither Mikey, or I cared.
When we put Nana's coffin in the hearse, I knew it was over. She was gone. Forever. The paul bearers closed the door, and I looked in the little window. I put my hand gently upon the glass, and whispered to her;
"So long, and goodnight, Nana." I paused.
"Not goodnight. So long, not good night. I'll be good, I promise"

Reviews? I love them(:
I'm just fixing spelling mistakes(: tell me if you see any!
Sign up to rate and review this story