Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Not All Hope Is Gone

Go Girl, Go!

by Slash_Addict 0 reviews

Enter our new hero! The work-aholic. Who just happens to have a pet COW!

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2009-06-07 - Updated: 2009-06-07 - 893 words

2Exciting
“You put your head down and spin around it ten times, then try to skate down the snake.” Josh explained his new game to the others. Tapping the end of his skateboard against his knee, pushing the bottom with his foot.

Inigo hummed. She was never really fond of skateboarding. Or any physical activities really, and this just seemed retarded to her. “Hmm…”

“Okay!” Erin chirped. She assumed since she was shorter than the others, this might be easier for her. “This’ll be fun!”

She stepped forward and put her forehead down on the end of the bat handle. As quickly as she could, she scuttled around it ten times then shot up and headed for the skateboard that Josh had set down.

“Go Dizzy-Bat! Go! Go Dizzy-Bat!” The other three were yelling. It died down just as fast as it started after Erin simply fell over and slid down the gentle slope of the snake.

She groaned. Even though she was on the ground, face gently pressed to the concrete below, the world was still spinning around her.

“Are you okay Pygmy?” Josh asked as he knelt down beside her head.
Pygmy was a nickname Josh had given Erin after he had stuck his head in threw the window of the shop one day and she was so startled by it, that she absolutely froze in her walking and fell over because of it. They all thought it was funny, but Erin never really liked that name.
But she kept that information, to herself.

She slowly got up, holding her nose that was bleeding only slightly and just gave them thumbs up, indication she was fine. Diego looked at her watch and sighed.

“C’mon Pygmy, we’ve got to get back to work.” She mumbled. Erin shot up grinning and nodded happily. She lived to work. It was the only thing she was good at, and the only thing that kept her sane.

Josh skated off and Diego and Erin went back into the ugly brick building that was their workplace.

It was simply a small record shop. Diego hated working here, all that they were ever allowed to play over the speaker system was new hits. Which meant only Britney Spears, Lady GaGa, Rihana, and all that garbage. Erin never seemed to mind though. Sure, deep down, she loved metal. Diego just assumed that she’d learned to simply tune it out.

Lucky bitch.

Diego went to her rightful place behind the counter, pulling out a magazine and reading the same article on the Motley Cruise that she had been reading for the last week and a half. Erin went to the very back of the store and continued shelving CD’s, smiling all the while.

She gently pushed a strand of light brown hair behind her ear and something caught her eye. She had finally gotten all the way down to “S” in the shelves, and when she looked back in the box, her smile grew bigger.

All Hope Is Gone

It was finally out. She had been waiting so long for this, and here it was in her hand! She chuckled softly and hugged the case to her chest. She looked at the tag on the front of the plastic wrapper and her smile faded slightly.
$19.95

“Dang…” She whispered to herself, setting the CD on the shelf in it rightful place. Even with her two jobs, Erin had enough trouble just paying her rent. She didn’t eat every day, so that helped with her finances a lot. She shook her head. She had learned to live without possessions. This was just another want, and she knew that she couldn’t ‘want’ anything. It would just stress her out.
--

She stood in front of the large brick wall. Really, the only brick wall in her part of the town. A simple wall that separated the middle class society from the peasants. It was always littered with job opportunities. And every day, Erin stood in front of that wall, hoping she’ll find something good.

She was concentrating so hard on it that she didn’t notice when the large beast came up beside her. She snapped out of it when she felt a warm moister on her hand. She looked over and smiled warmly and hugged the neck of the huge animal.

“Hello Louci, how are you?” She asked while nuzzling the giant neck.
“Moo…” She replied and licked Erin’s cheek.
Erin giggled, then got slightly serious. She petted the cow’s nose and said, “Just one more minute Louci, I’m just looking to see if there’s anything I can do on here.”
“Moo…” She understood, and sat down beside Erin.

Erin finally came across a clean looking paper on the wall. She knew it was new! She looked at it.

MAID WANTED:
Maid needed to work for hardcore rock band.
Must know how to: Cook, Clean, and must have high tolerance for pain.


Erin smiled stupidly. She could do this! And she’d be working for a rock band. She squealed with glee. This would be the best thing ever!

She petted Louci’s nose one more time before they started heading home.

Erin didn’t know it, but from this day on, her life was going to be so much different.
Sign up to rate and review this story