Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

The ones we’re forces to leave behind

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-06-10 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 1166 words

0Unrated
The ones we’re forces to leave behind

Seth had been in Phy-ops for 7 hours now. 7 hours of twisted torture that included people prying at him with knifes, putting some red light into his eye making it sting and burn, as well as putting colorful needles into his arm. And for 7 hours he’d been wondering, ‘why didn’t they take me with them?’

About 2 hours ago, he’d over heard someone say that the C.O. of the unit that ran was still at Manticore. That ment Zack was still here and he still had a chance. He also found out that Lydecker shot the SIC of his unit. Eva was dead. He hadn’t heard that part. He’d witnessed it. Even now he could still see her lifeless body on a table with a bullet hole in it, with Lydecker looking down on her with an emotionless face as he was being dragged kicking and fighting to phy-ops. Lydecker hadn’t even so much as looked at him.

One of the masked men must have noticed he was awake again cause he walked over and asked him how he felt. "Absolutely horrible, why" From past experience Seth had learned to answer those kinds of question when asked. "That’s too bad" the man said simply. He was tall, average weight and build. With dark brown hair of what was still left. He also had a pointy noise, bad breath, and a missing back tooth thanks to himself. The man was some kind of pedophile and tried to feel him up. That washowever, before Seth punched him in the jaw, causing him to loose his back tooth. The man then paid a little more respect towards Seth now that he knew what he was like.

Most people at Manticore didn’t know the whole story. Then knew a whole bunch of kids lived inside, and when they were bad they got beaten in the basement. They knew the kids were strong and quick, and they all had ‘tattoos’ on the back of there neck. They also liked to fight with each other. Well this is what most people were told anyway. The more important you were at Manticore the more you knew. That is what most guards knew about Manticore, scientists knew almost 3 times as much but with more detail, trainers knew 2 times as much as the scientists and with even more detail. And the scientists that made the X5 knew almost every, they knew what they were made for, how they were made. What they were capable of. What they could withstand and how to kill one. Or at least injure one to the extreme. What they didn’t know was what happened to them after they were born. When most of then found out they would have to be disposed of. They would refuse to make anymore and then threaten to tell what was going on. That’s when the X5 that they had work to help would turn against then and kill them. It’s also how X5 came across some of their target in practices.

"What are you going to do to me now" Seth asked sarcastically to the long noised man. He smirked at Seth and was about to say something when realization dawned on him and it was like he just remembered what the boy in the chair had done to him not so long ago. Instead he just looked down before jabbing a bright blue needle in his arm where the elbow bends. "Ahh, fucuuck" Hissed Seth under his breath. "Nothing for now, see you when you wake up" he smirked before walking away.

Seth laughed after he’d walked out of the room. ‘Could he have been any more of a screw up!’’ He was obviously new here, and hadn’t been told of their patents ‘special’ condition. He’d only give Seth 1/3 of the drug, their for there was no way it could make him sleep. He’d received what a normal person would need. Not an X5.

&

Seth was breathing heavily now. He was scared, alone and he was pretty sure he was going to die. He was standing in front of 3 dead masked men. The long noised one, as well as 2 others. Their were red lights flashing every where, sirens going off and he could smell fear as the sound of footsteps came running down the hall. This was it. Now or never. He swung open the door as a bullet just skinned his arm were his other cut from the dessert was still healing up. No to mention the 20 other ones he’d received from punishment. But he was ok now. His adrenalin was kicking in and he couldn’t feel anymore pain.

He ran down the halls as fast as he could. Legs and heart pumping. He was coming up to an intersection and their were not only guards coming from behind him, but left and right now too. He blurred on through, surprisingly using everything his trainers had taught him. He burst through the door at the end of a hallway, that led to the freezing outside.

He ran through the snow in what his unit used to call ‘hospital clothes’ in just pants and a T-shirt. His feet were already freezing from the snow, and his face started to hurt from all the wind and ice. But still he kept running. It had been less then 24 hours since his unit had escaped, and maybe. Just maybe he could find them. Any of them. But with his luck Zack probably had them split up.

The noises and lights had been going off for almost half an hour, before Seth had even left the building. He knew Zack had escaped again and was out there. Now if only he could find him.

Seth was still running and bleeding when he reached the perimeter fence. It was at least a 12 foot jump, but he was sure he could make it. He jumped over and praying to God he would make it. He breathed out a sigh of relief when his feet hit the snow again on the other side.

He could just barley make out Zack’s foot prints. They’d had been covered by the blizzard that was going on around him. Seth knew it was pointless to even try and track Zack down. So he made his own train leading into the forest, knowing his tracks would be covered again too.

&

It had been two days since he’d escaped from Manticore. He was freezing, hungry, bleeding and tiered. But he was free. And if he had to, he would spend the rest of his life like this. As long as he was free.

But as the wind howled on, and his stomach continued to grow he could still hear the screams in the basement, of the girl that helped saved him and his units.


Tell Me What You Think!
Sign up to rate and review this story