Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

Innocence

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Alec - Published: 2009-06-10 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 2850 words

0Unrated
Innocence

Flash back


"He’s not breathing!" Came the voice of a nurse from down one of the dimly lit hallways. The sound of echoing footsteps could be heard through the halls with the faint sound of squeaky wheels rolling down it. Inside the white bed was a little boy that looked to be about 11 years old. His face was very pale and thin. He had a bruise under his left cheek and looked quite small for his age. He also had a broken right arm that was lying above the covers. "I’m plugging him in now" Came the same voice, as she took the resuscitation paddle from a fellow nurse, who at the same time pushed open the doors leading to the ICU. The bed was brought to a swift stop, in front of more monitors, as well as a doctor. He took the resuscitation paddle from her, as soon as she’d finished rubbing the two together. “CLEAR!” He yell out making sure no one else was touching the body before placing the objects on the young boy, one covering each chest plate. There was no response. “Bring up the voltage” ordered the man standing above the fragile boy. “CLEAR!” he bellowed out again. Still not response “Heart rate dropping!” alerted the second nurse followed by several different beeps. “Body temperature falling to 78!” yelled out a third nurse. “76, 74” she continued. “Bring up the voltage another 8 notches!” yelled out the same woman. “CLEAR” yelled the man again. “We’re still loosing him!” He announced.

“What’s going on here!” Demanded a man known as Lydecker. “Sir you have to leave” Ordered a nurse trying to push him out. “No, I demand to know what’s happening!” He ordered. “Sir there’s nothing you can do, there’s been a complication with 494. Please let us do out jobs.” She ordered but before Lydecker could add in another word she’d already pushed him back out into the hall.

“CLEAR!” yelled out the doctor. “Come on, come on!” he whispered under his breath still waiting for a response. His pleads were answered with a few reassuring beeps coming from his heart monitor. “Temperature rising to 85” Before anyone could celebrate another child was rushed into the ICU. “Core temperature at 76!” Yelled out a new nurse. “Heart rate dropping!” The same doctor rushed over to stand above a blonde haired child. “Clear” he yelled out, this time not as in such a panic, with a certain confident that she was going threw what the other child did. Met with no response he again charged her body. Only to find her breathing stop completely. ‘Oh shit’ he thought panicked. “Bring it up about 3 more notches” he yelled out. Again he rubbed the two objects together. “Clear!” He ordered. Charging her body with a very high voltage. This time he was met with a positive response. The sound of her heart monitor going up along with her temperature.

“Do we have them both under control?” asked the head doctor. “Yes sir, from the looks of their charts both of their temperatures are rising, and their heart rates are almost back to normal.” The doctor just answered with a nod, before opening the ICU doors to explained what happened to the man out their. The man immediately walked over to him, before he could ask his question the doctor was ready with his answers. “Both of their bodies just seem to shut down. They seemed to of had to much strain on them and simply couldn’t handle it anymore. From what I understand both of the children were in as you seem to put it ‘Questioning’ for approximately 6 months. Whether on not they were found guilty in the end is relevant, it added to much mental strain on both, along with all that screwing around your people did to their brains. Plus all the physical abuse they took, their bodies just couldn’t take it anymore.” He explained looking at the man before him. He seemed to be deep in thought, considering all this new information.

“But they have both been out for at least a couple of days” He tried to defend himself. “That is completely relevant. During that time their bodies built up lost of testosterone, just to keep them going from day to day. Once they’d been released their bodies stopped creating it, then the full mental and physical strain caught up on both of them.” He answered looking down at him, as if he were a child in trouble. “The next time, Mr. Lydecker a doctor tells you to give a patient some rest or water, I’d hope you do so” He said in a very father like tone. Then turned around to walk back into the ICU room.

End Of Flashback

2 Days Later


Alec was in psy-ops tied to the chair another session finished, but he felt like he was about to die his throat felt so dry and his head ached. Why did they want to know what he knew about the escapees, he knew nothing. "Here 494 take a sip, you’re dehydrated." Came a whispered, so quietly only a transgenic would hear. He hesitated. "Go on its just water, even if they don’t care I won’t let them kill you. I’ll stay around and protect you when I can, but try and keep out of trouble. Just don’t tell anyone that I’ve been here." Then she left. The whole time he hadn’t opened his eyes, but he recognized the voice. It was his unit leader Shirley. She’d always told them she’d help him whenever she could. 494’s eyes opened slowly. He was dreaming but he was sure that even in his dream it had happened. It was so vivid there was no way it was just that. A dream, no that had happened, he could slightly remember her perfume sent, some type of flower. Lillis or Jasmines maybe. Either way she’d probably saved him. That he wouldn’t forget. Even threw his oncoming migraine he still could remember her coming in multiple times. Usually with water, but a few times with maybe a vitamin, or an painkillers for the headaches.

Alec re-opened his eyes when he herd a door open. A bleach blonde, big boobed nurse walked in. “Aww hey sweetie, you’re up.” She said happily. She poured him a glass of water, than opened a bottle of pilles and shook 2 out into her hand. “Here hun, take these, their help with your headache.” Alec drank all the water before picking up the two pills and swallowing them dry. The nurse starred at him for a couple of seconds than asked. “um...Would you like more water?” He nodded his head yes, so she poured him another full glass that he gulped down in seconds. “Ok, well its only 6 am, so I’ll just leave and let you get some more sleep, kay hun?” She smiled. Alec wasn’t sure if he was to answer this or not. She kept calling him weird names. He simply just smiled at her as he watched her go. 6 am, wasn’t really that early, that’s around when they usually got up, but maybe things had changed in the time he’d been gone. He let sleep wash over him as he yawned, curling up into a ball he closed his eyes and let sleep take over.

12 Hours Later

Alec had been dosing in and out of sleep for a while now, he wasn’t sure if time actually passed each time he opened his eyes or not. But he didn’t mind. He was comfy, and worm. 494 was half away, and half asleep, he could hear voices around him, but wasn’t sure if they were in another room, or right beside him. His eyes felt to heavy to open so he just tried to ignore the voices. They just kept getting louder and louder. Until finally he felt cold fingers poke his cheek. He moaned and turned over, away from them. Hearing a few female giggles he realized who it was and forced his eyes to open. Their stood: Kat, CeCe, Steve, Biggs, Tav and Todd. With a still giggling Kat.

“Hey” 494 said with a very dry sounding voice, as he sat up. Tav gave him a glass of water that had been sitting on the table beside his bed waiting for him. Alec chugged it down in seconds, while at the same time listening to all the questions being throw at him.

“What happened?” “Where’d you go?” “Are you ok, how many fingers am I holding up” “Do you have any more scares?” “Do you know who I am?”

The young solider began talking and everyone became silent to hear his answers. “I donno, I donno, o.k. 4, I haven’t counted yet and you are Kat.” He answered calmly. “Yes I’m sure” he said before Todd could ask his question. He gave them him famous grin, and told them all that he was as good as could be. He was on painkillers so nothing hurt. CeCe looked at him seriously for a second.

“Do you know what happened to 214?” she asked him her eyes searching his face for a yes, but all she got was a surprised look from him mixed in with horror. “You can’t find her!” He hissed out, now looking at everyone else’s faces looking for a good answer.

“Good going!” Biggs said hitting her across the head with his hand. “CeCe told us that you were rushed out of her room last night, then the same thing happened to 214. Both of your monitors had being beeping. We haven’t seen her since.”

“We though you’d seen her.” Kat piped up from beside Tav. “…She’s probably just in another room that we haven’t looked in yet. I’m sure she’s fine!” 462 continued trying to relax her still weakened friend. Steve knew what she was trying to do. “Yeah on our way here we heard some people talking about a girl that had been in operation the night before. It was probably her. They said she was put in the west wing.” Alec was going to say something back, but the door swung open and in walked Leonardo, one of their drill sergeants.

“Hey! Hey!, I told you all to go back out side!” All 7 looked at him, before the standing 6 quickly stood into formation. Steve at the far right, beside Kat who was beside Tav, then Todd, Biggs, and CeCe. “Sorry Sir!” Steve answered for everyone. “We were on our way out, when we found 494.” He said in a firm voice. “I don’t care, get going!” he yelled at them all. They all filed out with Steve in front. Before CeCe closed the door he heard her whisper “She’s fine, go to sleep”

But Alec didn’t want to sleep, that’s when the nightmares began. Ever since the first few nights in Co-Opps dreams of Manticore were invading his dreams, not just of the 09ers but other things as well.

22 hours later

Loralee raised her eyes just in time to see the unit diving to the ground. The sounds of gun shots erupted in the back round. Her eyes widened as a bullet hit her right in the middle of her chest. Her body jerked backwards as more bullet holes appeared in her body. She was so scared, she couldn’t see anyone anymore. None of her unit mates came to her aid. She looked up to see a pair of crystal blue eyes with an ocean blue at the edges of them. Who ever they belonged to the person was smiling at her. Happy she was dying. Where had she seen this colour before. Tears ran down her cheeks as her lifeless body slumped backwards, hitting the wet ground.

214 bolted up from her bed breathing hard. She’d being having those types of dreams for a while now. In everyone she died and the same pair of eyes were watching her go. Happy it was happening. She knew she’d seem those eyes before but couldn’t remember where. She hated those dreams so much. They always scared her, and there was never anyone to help her after she woke up.

To scared to go back to sleep she climbed out of bed. This wasn’t her units room and she was still all along. It was 4 am so she had to keep quiet. She walked over to her door praying it was open. She turned the handle and smiled as it clicked open for her. As she walked down the hall she noticed how scary it could be when no ones their to talk to you. She finally made her way to the kitchen knowing that theirs always someone there this time of night. When she swung the door open she found no one. She sniffed the air to find that only the cooks had been in here for the last while. 214 cheeked some other places were usually she could find someone, but every time it was only her in the room. As every minute went by it made the young X5 more and more scared. As she made her way back to where she was currently staying she saw someone else down the hall. It wasn’t a guard, they’d already been down that hall, but still 214 didn’t move. The figure came closer and closer to her. It was half way down the hall when 214 realized who it was. She ran to him as he hugged her. They both rapped their arms tightly around one another neither saying a word.

“We all thought you were dead. We couldn’t find you” Rang Tavs voice through Loralees eyes. She squeezed him tighter before she let him go. “No I’m fine” she assured him. “Well I’m on a lotta painkillers so I really don’t know, but I couldn’t find anyone. No one was out wondering around.” Tav softly laughed at her then began to explain everything to her. “A lotta people were sent to Ph-Ops, our whole unit plus a lot of others. None of us really know that much, we’re all trying to find bits and pieces from each other. Some of the people that were sent down were twins with the kids that escaped. None of us know for a fact why but theirs a theory going around that Manticore thinks it’s genetic. Some people say it’s because Manticore thinks that some of the kids had allies from other units, again these are all theories. Anyway a lot of people are too scared to get caught leaving now. They’ve heard the stories going around, a few people died, and some others may still. Manticores being really strict on us, they’ve got new people in here, more trainers, changed around the security and added in more cameras. There’s also a rumor going around that they’re going to switch the units around a little after everyone gets back. But I was talking to Shirley two days ago and she said if they do she’d going to try and keep our unit together, at worst we’ll being getting a few more people, She doesn’t want anyone to leave. As far as she knows there is going to be a meeting about something big in a week or so.” Tav suddenly stopped realizing this was a lot to take in. Loralee was looking at him as she ran over this new information in her head. He knew he should wait before asking but curiosity got the best of him. “So…Do you remember anything? Like why you were sent to the boys in the basement?” He tried asking in the most casual voice he could use.

Her still slightly pale face took on a more angry expression. “YES! Because those stupid little bunch of bitchy kids escaped!” She said darkly sounding madder as she continued to rant on. “Cuz they were all like ‘OH ITS TO HARD’ Even though it was harder for us, and because they’re weak little demon children that can’t obey orders, and should all die!” She bickered out now looking madder then was expected. But as she ranted on Tav noticed that some of the things she was saying didn’t add up. Why did she all of a sudden seem to hate the escapies when she helped them. Why was she blaming then for things that never happened. Sure he hated them too but he at least told the truth on why he hated people. This wasn’t like his friend to be talking like this. For one thing she never used the word ‘children’ Then again this may not be his friend anymore. Maybe CeCe finally got her answers to if X5-214 had been tainted with.
Sign up to rate and review this story