Categories > TV > Supernatural > Gotta Be Somebody

I've Found The One

by saramichellehardy 0 reviews

Dean Winchester and Castiel have a surprise on their hands, and Sam is in no position to help!

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Published: 2009-06-11 - Updated: 2009-06-12 - 969 words - Complete

1Moving
Jimmy Novak was different from Castiel. He moved like any other person, smiled, reacted like any human. He wasn't guarded like Castiel, and when he talked, Dean didn't hear Cas. He heard Jimmy.

"Thanks for letting me see them," Jimmy said, following Dean up the stairs to the twins' nursery. "You didn't have to, but thanks anyway."

"It's no problem," Dean said. "There yours too, Jimmy."

"I know, Dean, but you didn't have to let me see them. I guess I would have understood if you said no." Jimmy paused on the top step and swallowed. "I'm sorry about what happened to Castiel. Bad time to bring it up, I know, but I am sorry. I know you must have loved him."

Dean nodded, feeling nothing but a pang of pain in his chest. It had been less than a year since Cas's death, but he was moving on every day. Anna, Sam, and Bobby had come through for him, offering to babysit if he needed to go somewhere or coming over to hang out and help with the twins. John slept easier now. Both of them served as a reminded not of Castiel's death, but of the person he was to Dean, and Dean could accept that now.

"It's okay," he said, pushing the nursery door open. "Looks like Mary's just waking up. Give John a minute and he'll be up, too."

Both men walked into the room. Mary was wide awake, her hazel eyes a reflection of Dean's. She reached for Dean, and he picked her up, cradling her in his arms. Jimmy peered down at her, stroking her wavy hair that was so much life his. Mary looked up at him and smiled, giggled, held her tiny arms out. Jimmy looked up at Dean questioningly.

"Go ahead," Dean said, seeing John start to kick his blanket off. "Hold her."

Jimmy took Mary gratefully and held her close while Dean picked up John. The two looked at each other, then down at the babies.

"Mary has your eyes," Jimmy said, "and your, uh, lips. My hair, though."

"And Sam's nose," Dean said. He had done this with Cas. "John has my dad's eyes, though I guess he looks like me and Dad mixed together."

"And they're ours?" Jimmy asked.

Dean smiled. "Yeah. I know you don't remember them, but they're ours."

Jimmy looked up at him. "Dean, I know you miss Castiel, but I was wondering if you'd let me help you take care of John and Mary."

Dean frowned, then nodded. "Yeah, okay."

----------

That night, Dean called in a pizza. He wasn't up for trying to cook and, since Jimmy had been able to get the twins asleep almost instantly, they had enough time to eat. He found himself staring at Jimmy over the open pizza box and wondering.

"So, what are your plans for the future?" Dean asked in a very wary voice.

"I don't know," Jimmy admitted. "I mean, besides the twins, there's nothing. There's really no girl I could be with. My wife and I are getting a divorce, you know, but I just couldn't do that to her."

"But what if you loved that person? Or if you'd already been with them?"

Jimmy chuckled. "Cute question, but I've never been with anyone but my wife."

"Yes you have."

"You mean . . ." Jimmy's pale blue eyes met his. "You mean you? Dean, come on, we've only met each other once before. It would be awkward."

"I know your body," Dean said, watching a blush file across Jimmy's cheeks. "And it doesn't have to be sex. Not in the beginning. Maybe it could just be a kiss. Then maybe another. We can take it slow."

Jimmy shook his head. "I don't know. You only want me because of Cas."

"Maybe that's what you think," Dean said, "but I fell in love with Castiel the person, not the vessel he was using. Maybe I'm attracted to that vessel, but until I know the person inside it, I'm not making a move. But I do not intend to let any more demons or angels take you away when you might be my last chance at happiness."

"Dean-"

"Just a kiss."

Jimmy sighed, then put down his slice of pizza. "Okay. Just a kiss."

Dean stood and sat down beside Jimmy, cupping his cheek and gazing into those sky-colored eyes. Then he closed his eyes and leaned in, touching their lips together.

The reaction was instantaneous: fire and gasoline. Passion and need and want all flashed through him, fireworks on top of an atomic bomb. He fought to keep it a kiss, but his body reacted without his free will. His tongue licked across Jimmy's lips and, to his surprise, Jimmy's mouth opened under his. Sighing, melting into the kiss, Dean pushed Jimmy back on the couch and covered him, running his fingers through Jimmy's soft black hair. Everything in him urged him forward. Everything.

He broke to kiss only to catch his breath, but pulled himself back. Fuck! he thought. I couldn't even keep it just a kiss.

Jimmy stayed laying down, gazing at the ceiling. "Dean, that was . . . that was beautiful."

"Yeah?" Dean asked, smiling. "Kinda hard not to kiss you like that."

"Oh? Why?"

A song popped into Dean's head, completely unbidden.

It's really good to hear your voice saying my name. It sounds so sweet. Coming from the lips of an angel, hearing those words, it makes me weak. And I never wanna say goodbye, but girl you make it hard to be faithful with the lips of an angel.

"You have the lips of an angel," Dean replied.

"That's sweet of you to say," Jimmy whispered. "But I don't quite believe you."

"Huh?" Dean's throat constricted.

"Maybe you should kiss me again."
Sign up to rate and review this story